Apollo vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Who wins??

Dalak
Dunno Apollo other than he's a Strong Guy thats in The Authority.

batdude123
Apollo is kind of a Superman type, he takes it here.

Dalak
Originally posted by batdude123
Apollo is kind of a Superman type, he takes it here.

If he's got the TYpical DC HIgh End Speed, then yeah.

Private Pion
I dunno, Apollo is pretty dim. He seems the type to try to slug it out, while Hulk gets madder and madder.

Dalak
Originally posted by Private Pion
I dunno, Apollo is pretty dim. He seems the type to try to slug it out, while Hulk gets madder and madder.

Well the rules here state CBR's fight standards, so that means PIS off and Bloodlusted. No one will be holding back.

But CIS is his being stupid . . .

Eh, as I said, I don't really know the guy.

Sixth_Winged
Apollo would get beaten black and blue here, unless he had help porting Hulk to the sun and such.

Validus
How strong is Apollo? I hear things ranging from Thing level to right under Superman class.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Validus
How strong is Apollo? I hear things ranging from Thing level to right under Superman class.

It depends on the level of his solar charge

When he's fully charged he's basically a good showing of Superman without the rediculous speed feats

If he's lost his charge Wonderman would beat him down

He doesn't have the Hulk's stamina either

DigiMark007
Yeah, Apollo's more versatile with his power set, but would probably tire eventually against Hulk.

golem370
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/bio-apollo.jpg

APOLLO

First Appearance: Thor Annual #5
Origin Issue: not yet revealed

Aliases: None

Height: 6'
Weight: 480 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Distinguishing Features: None

Occupation: God of light, music, poetry, medicine, and the sciences
Citizenship: Olympus
Place of Creation/Birth: Mount Cynthus, island of Delos, Mediterranean Sea

Known Relatives: Zeus (father), Leto (mother), Artemis (sister), Gaea (great-grandmother), Thor (son of Gaea), Ouranos (great-grandfather), Rhea, Phoebe (grandmothers), Venus, Athena (half sisters), Ares, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Hercules, Hermes (half brothers), Neptune, Pluto (uncles), Demeter, Hera, Vesta (aunts), Cupid (Eros, nephew)
Known Allies: Hercules, Olympian gods, Thor, Horus, Indra, Questzocoatl, Shango, Tawa
Known Enemies: Demogorge, Typhon

Intelligence: Normal (4/10)
Strength: Superhuman Class 50 (8/12)
Speed: Superhuman (6/10)
Stamina: Godlike (9/10)
Durability: Superhuman (7/14)
Agility: Superhuman (6/7)
Reflexes: Superhuman (6/7)
Fighting Skills: Good hand-to-hand combatant
Special Skills/Abilities: Extraordinary archer and musician, plays the lyre
Superhuman physical powers: In addition to the above listed physical abilities, Apollo possesses virtual immortality, the power to radiate great heat and light at will, and the power to heal the injuries of others with superhuman rapidity.
Superhuman Mental Powers: Precognitive abilities enabling him to perceive events in alternate futures.
Special Limitations: None
Source of Superhuman Powers: Apollo is a member of the race of superhumans known as the gods of Olympus.
Personal Weaponry: Bow and arrows

Significant Issues:

Thor Annual #5: present at time of war between Asgard and Olympus
Thor #301: present when Zeus granted power to Thor to help ressurrect the Asgardian gods
Thor Annual #10: aided Thor and other gods in opposing Demogorge, was consumed by Demogorge but then released unharmed
Avengers #256: presented Hercules with new battle garb
Avengers #283-285: sought to aid Avengers in Olympus against wrath of Zeus, struck down by Zeus, healed injuries of Captain America and Doctor Druid
NOTE: An alternate future has been depicted in Hercules (2) #1-4 in which Apollo and the other Olympians, except for Hercules, leave their current plane of existence in the 23rd century so that Hercules may father a new race of gods. Whether Apollo and the Olympian gods will come to such an end in what becomes the mainstream future is as yet unknown.
Appearances:
Avengers #50, 256, 283-285
New Mutants #81
Thor #301
Thor Annual #5, 10

Dinalfos
What the hell is this guy gonna do to Hulk laughing laughing

golem370
He does have better fighting ability and superior stamina

Scoobless
Wrong guy genius - Apollo

Dinalfos
Originally posted by golem370
He does have better fighting ability and superior stamina

The Hulk has better instinctual fighting abilities and has indefinite stamina when enraged. He's also much stronger and more durable.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Scoobless
Wrong guy genius - Apollo

Okay, that's more like it.

R.O.T. Yahman
It depends on the level of his solar charge

When he's fully charged he's basically a good showing of Superman without the rediculous speed feats

Bollocks, his energy photokinetic abilities seem to be above Supes (Im referring mainly to the moon incident), but he's done little to prove he's on a Supes level in the strength department. I'd say he's between Thor Wonder Woman level (Who i consider to be noticebly weaker than Supes), and Namor.

If he's lost his charge Wonderman would beat him down

He doesn't have the Hulk's stamina either

Agreed .... his energy runs out very quickly, but i can't see Hulk surving a Full on Photonic blast. smile

Dalak
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Agreed .... his energy runs out very quickly, but i can't see Hulk surving a Full on Photonic blast. smile

How does that compare to a Nuke? Or a 'universe destroying blast'? Or any of the other huge explosions and energy blasts that Hulk has stood up to?

Dinalfos
Or pure anti-matter?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Or pure anti-matter?

Hulk stood up to anti-matter? What the f**k?

that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, when anti-matter comes in contact with matter both are destroyed... doesn't matter how strong it is

Dalak
Hulk stood up to anti-matter?

that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, when anti-matter comes in contact with matter both are destroyed... doesn't matter how strong it is

And Drax flying into a star that appears to have Trees inside it to destroy it's "heart" does?

Dinalfos
Hulk stood up to anti-matter? What the f**k?

There's a lot of things that don't make any sense.

It's one of his higher showings.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Dalak
How does that compare to a Nuke? Or a 'universe destroying blast'? Or any of the other huge explosions and energy blasts that Hulk has stood up to?

* Sigh * Welcome to my ignore list ! smile

Scoobless
Drax is, supposedly, completely indestructible (at least he was until his mini series came out and he "evolved"wink

R.O.T. Yahman
Drax is, supposedly, completely indestructible (at least he was until his mini series came out and he "evolved"wink

He was hardly that indestructable when getting killed by those Skrulls. smile

Scoobless
That's the story i'm talking about.... he used to be indestructible to the point that the only way to beat him was with psychic/telepathic powers.........

Then he shows up in a 4 part miniseries and gets killed by a skrull

sad

UniOmni
Hulk standing up to antimatter is no worse than Superman holding a black hole. Thats a shot at you Yahmy.

Dalak
* Sigh * Welcome to my ignore list ! smile

So asking how it compares to other valid hihg-end feats without saying "HULK WINS!!!11!!!1!" automatically earns Ignoring?

I admitted I didn't know Apollo and I'm asking for a comparison.

Dalak

That was the Thin and Smart Drax before the Power Gem, but it's more the make up of the Star which I was talking about.

Scoobless
......... A wizard did it...........shifty

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by UniOmni
Hulk standing up to antimatter is no worse than Superman holding a black hole. Thats a shot at you Yahmy.

I take it im Yahmy .... I totally agree, but it doesn't really explain why you are directing this at me. confused

UniOmni
I always thought you were an alias for Whirly, and it always seemed according to Whirly, Superman can do no wrong and nothing he did was illogical. Thats why i aimed it at you.

R.O.T. Yahman
I always thought you were an alias for Whirly, and it always seemed according to Whirly, Superman can do no wrong and nothing he did was illogical. Thats why i aimed it at you.

laughing laughing laughing laughing

Fair enough !!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, i don't think Supes is unbeatable (and nor does Whirls), but he is generally depicted far beyond Marvel 'power houses'. Very few of the more powerful marvel characters, have displayed Supes level power since the Silver age. I've put that moron on my ignore list, due to the dangerous levels of bullshit associated with his last post. smile

Dalak

Fair enough !!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, i don't think Supes is unbeatable (and nor does Whirls), but he is generally depicted far beyond Marvel 'power houses'. Very few of the more powerful marvel characters, have displayed Supes level power since the Silver age. I've put that moron on my ignore list, due to the dangerous levels of bullshit associated with his last post. smile

Apparently asking for a comparison = Bullshit.

Ah well, you can't reason with everyone.

UniOmni

Fair enough !!!!!!!!!!!

Far beyond?? In what sense??
The only thing that puts him above the Marvel group, is the fact that his superstrength came with superspeed, as that seems how DC hands out powers.
Stronger though?? Not really.
Faster? Yep.
More durable?? At times, though Thors damage soak, nullifies the durability advantage, imo. Surfer is hella durable, if not moreso than the Kryptonian.
Energy manipulation?? Don't make me laugh.

So the only true advantages he seems to have, is his superstrength/speed combo. Barring this, all seem to be in the same ballpark.

But DC has more top tiers than Marvel as a whole. Not just looking at Earth, but as a universe, it seems.

DC, on the JLA alone has, Superman, WonderWoman,Jonn, GL, Firestorm and more. JSA has Cap Marvel, BA, Atom Smasher, PowerGirl, Dr.Fate, Sentinel and more. Need i go on??
Don't make me go into the New Gods and other races.

Marvel has on the avengers, Thor, Sentry, Hercules, Sersi, and maybe Pym. Defenders, Hulk, Namor, Strange and Surfer. X-men has Juggernaut. T-bolts has Genis, Atlas and Baron Zemo.
Marvel has maybe some heralds, and Drax and Quasar but thats about it. As mainstream characters.
The disparity is amazing. And Marvel doesn't have it written on the wall, that all the people above must be below Thor, Surfer and Spiderman. DC does.

And when a single top tier is as sucked off and fondled as Superman, of course other companies that don't have a main character as Editorial Mandate, are not gonna trip all over themselves to job other characters out to the goldenboy. Ala OWAW.

No top tier is beyond the other. Unless he/she isn't a top tier, but above it.

R.O.T. Yahman
Far beyond?? In what sense??
The only thing that puts him above the Marvel group, is the fact that his superstrength came with superspeed, as that seems how DC hands out powers.
Stronger though?? Not really.
Faster? Yep.
More durable?? At times, though Thors damage soak, nullifies the durability advantage, imo. Surfer is hella durable, if not moreso than the Kryptonian.
Energy manipulation?? Don't make me laugh.

So the only true advantages he seems to have, is his superstrength/speed combo. Barring this, all seem to be in the same ballpark.

I can't be bothered to get into this debate now, but in RAW physical power, few marvel characters (Below Gennis Vehl and Knig thor) have performed feats on Supes level since the Silver age. smile

But DC has more top tiers than Marvel as a whole. Not just looking at Earth, but as a universe, it seems.

DC, on the JLA alone has, Superman, WonderWoman,Jonn, GL, Firestorm and more. JSA has Cap Marvel, BA, Atom Smasher, PowerGirl, Dr.Fate, Sentinel and more. Need i go on??
Don't make me go into the New Gods and other races.

Marvel has on the avengers, Thor, Sentry, Hercules, Sersi, and maybe Pym. Defenders, Hulk, Namor, Strange and Surfer. X-men has Juggernaut. T-bolts has Genis, Atlas and Baron Zemo.
Marvel has maybe some heralds, and Drax and Quasar but thats about it. As mainstream characters.
The disparity is amazing. And Marvel doesn't have it written on the wall, that all the people above must be below Thor, Surfer and Spiderman. DC does.

And when a single top tier is as sucked off and fondled as Superman, of course other companies that don't have a main character as Editorial Mandate, are not gonna trip all over themselves to job other characters out to the goldenboy. Ala OWAW.

No top tier is beyond the other. Unless he/she isn't a top tier, but above it.

This has very little relevancy.

Dalak
Hmmm, methinks it is more likely I was ignored thanks to being a fan of Marvel than a fan of Hulk specifically. big grin

I still don't really know why, but the last post reveals much that was hidden wink

Dalak
Originally posted by Dalak
Hmmm, methinks it is more likely I was ignored thanks to being a fan of Marvel than a fan of Hulk specifically. big grin

I still don't really know why, but the last post reveals much that was hidden wink

E: And in case anyone doubts my sense of humor, check my Sig.

the Darkone
Superman is pound for pound one of the toughest superheroes, but he is not unbeatable. Marvel universe characters have more raw power than Superman and they will eat his ass alive, beings like Mangog, Destroyer, Zuras, Black Bolt, Sersi, Thena, Ikaris(PE), Thanos, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Thor, King Thor, Rune King Thor, Mr. M, Molecule Man, Beta Ray Bill, Captain Universe, Morg, Count Nefaria(FP),Quasar, Captain Mar-vel, Overmind, Inertloper, God like Cable, Exodus, Atum, Loki, The Magus, Kismet, Binary, etc.

Apollo couldn't even beat Captain Atom who is at the bottom of the JLA heavy hiters, Hulk strength, healing factor, increase strength and durability, in a all out brawl Hulk will crush Apollo then have Midnighter join him in the hospital.

UniOmni
I can't be bothered to get into this debate now, but in RAW physical power, few marvel characters (Below Gennis Vehl and Knig thor) have performed feats on Supes level since the Silver age. smile

This has very little relevancy.

Feats?? What raw power feats does Superman have that don't involve sundipping etc?? Gimme ten.

R.O.T. Yahman
Feats?? What raw power feats does Superman have that don't involve sundipping etc?? Gimme ten.

Go to the Superman respect thread my friend, or ask Dvampire, Snoop or Avlon to post them. There are so many its untrue. smile

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by the Darkone
Superman is pound for pound one of the toughest superheroes, but he is not unbeatable. Marvel universe characters have more raw power than Superman and they will eat his ass alive, beings like Mangog, Destroyer, Zuras, Black Bolt, Sersi, Thena, Ikaris(PE), Thanos, Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Thor, King Thor, Rune King Thor, Mr. M, Molecule Man, Beta Ray Bill, Captain Universe, Morg, Count Nefaria(FP),Quasar, Captain Mar-vel, Overmind, Inertloper, God like Cable, Exodus, Atum, Loki, The Magus, Kismet, Binary, etc.

Apollo couldn't even beat Captain Atom who is at the bottom of the JLA heavy hiters, Hulk strength, healing factor, increase strength and durability, in a all out brawl Hulk will crush Apollo then have Midnighter join him in the hospital.

Once again Darkone, youre D.C. ignorance simply amazes me. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.