All Religions are correct

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
I believe that each and every religion on the planet is correct. That means that whatever your belief, it is true. Whatever you believe, becomes your truth, in other words, if you believe in reincarnation, then you'll reincarnate, if you are an atheist, the you'll simply die and have no afterlife, and if you're a Christian, you'll either go to Heaven or Hell and meet Jesus...etc., etc,....

autumn dreams
Originally posted by Wonderer
I believe that each and every religion on the planet is correct. That means that whatever your belief, it is true. Whatever you believe, becomes your truth, in other words, if you believe in reincarnation, then you'll reincarnate, if you are an atheist, the you'll simply die and have no afterlife, and if you're a Christian, you'll either go to Heaven or Hell and meet Jesus...etc., etc,....

I agree. Whichever religion is right for you.
Of course, the religion that is right for you may not be the religion right for another. wink

Wonderer
Originally posted by autumn dreams
I agree. Whichever religion is right for you.
Of course, the religion that is right for you may not be the religion right for another. wink

Yes, exactly. And God or the Universe reveals itself to each one of us in a slightly different and unique way.

Bardock42
Okay let me see. Christianity, there is just one God. Hinduism, there are many Gods.

Nope..no, just doesn't work out....

Wonderer
Originally posted by Bardock42
Okay let me see. Christianity, there is just one God. Hinduism, there are many Gods.

Well, as I said, if you are an atheist, then that will be your reality. Then again, every other person's religion is true for him. You create your own reality by your thoughts and beliefs.

debbiejo
I believe you can create what you might want to experience, because we have that capability being part of the creative process, but in all sense it is only a creation....Like a play we would create. Ultimately there is only one real truth........And that is that we are part of something bigger and not quite explainable.

JacopeX
Well, as I said, if you are an atheist, then that will be your reality. Then again, every other person's religion is true for him. You create your own reality by your thoughts and beliefs. thats actually pretty much true. Im a catholic but im already aware of other religions but i follow my own religion. Its called beliving

Alliance
May I suggest another option....religion is not right at all? big grin

Alliance
Originally posted by JacopeX
thats actually pretty much true. Im a catholic but im already aware of other religions but i follow my own religion. Its called beliving

If you haven't tried other religons...how do you know you have the perfect fit...Its like trying on only one shoe size.

debbiejo
Maybe religion is not quite the right word???......But belief..??

Alliance
thats broad though....what were you trying to correct with that?

debbiejo
I dunno.......

I need my coffee now.....

Wonderer
Originally posted by Alliance
May I suggest another option....religion is not right at all? big grin

Exactly, then you'll be an atheist. What I meant was any belief, world view, philosophy, way of life, way of thinking about life and the world, etc., etc...you get the idea?

Whatever your view on life is, is true, becomes true for you.

Shakyamunison
Exactly, then you'll be an atheist. What I meant was any belief, world view, philosophy, way of life, way of thinking about life and the world, etc., etc...you get the idea?

Whatever your view on life is, is true, becomes true for you.

The reality we live is a illusion and no one is free from this illusion. The true reality is beyond our reach. There is no set past or undetermined future, only now and now always changes. Because life is a illusion that existed only now, it can be anything you wish it to be. However, the outcome is not yours alone, but all Gods (you and me) that live in the law, share this reality. So, that is why it seems to be not an illusion. When you die, you will experience the after life, or none life, that you expect, however, it can be changed by those people next to you in life. As a Buddhist I believe that when a persons dies that I can change their Karma because reality is also my illusion.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The reality we live is a illusion and no one is free from this illusion. The true reality is beyond our reach. There is no set past or undetermined future, only now and now always changes. Because life is a illusion that existed only now, it can be anything you wish it to be. However, the outcome is not yours alone, but all Gods (you and me) that live in the law, share this reality. So, that is why it seems to be not an illusion. When you die, you will experience the after life, or none life, that you expect, however, it can be changed by those people next to you in life. As a Buddhist I believe that when a persons dies that I can change their Karma because reality is also my illusion.

That's a very noble view and I share it in some sense, with me also being a Buddhist.

TheSpinner

I am not a Buddhist but I like a lot the view from up there. Above all: " The True reality is beyond our reach". thumb up

Gregory
Originally posted by Bardock42

Hinduism is monotheistic, at least technically.

Still damn silly. Sort of like when a bunch of kids have a contest, and every one gets a prize because we woiuldn't want the little brats to feel bad, would we?

If I found my own religion, can I create my own God? Will he die if I then convert to another religion? What a power trip!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Gregory
Hinduism is monotheistic, at least technically.

Still damn silly. Sort of like when a bunch of kids have a contest, and every one gets a prize because we woiuldn't want the little brats to feel bad, would we?

If I found my own religion, can I create my own God? Will he die if I then convert to another religion? What a power trip!

You can be as delusional as you wish. big grin

debbiejo
Originally posted by TheSpinner
I am not a Buddhist but I like a lot the view from up there. Above all: " The True reality is beyond our reach". thumb up I believe in the end, we create what we want..........It would explain many near death experiences and why they are so different depending on your faith........

Justbyfaith

That's cool Wonderer, so thier is no absolute truth roll eyes (sarcastic) what a wonderful world we live in.

Justbyfaith

I have a new Religion I want to create today. There are some 35,000 or so currently in the world, so what's wrong with another one? Here it goes...

Name: (Popcornist Curnalist)

Belief: If you eat popcorn every day your eyes will eventually be enlightened and your inner self will be encouraged more and more as time goes on. You will gain a desire (thirst) for water which is called your "Spiritual Food".

Current Members: None

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Justbyfaith
I have a new Religion I want to create today. There are some 35,000 or so currently in the world, so what's wrong with another one? Here it goes...

Name: (Popcornist Curnalist)

Belief: If you eat popcorn every day your eyes will eventually be enlightened and your inner self will be encouraged more and more as time goes on. You will gain a desire (thirst) for water which is called your "Spiritual Food".

Current Members: None

You don't understand what Wonderer is talking about. laughing Do I have to get the six blind men and the elephant story out? stick out tongue

Justbyfaith
You don't understand what Wonderer is talking about. laughing Do I have to get the six blind men and the elephant story out? stick out tongue

Yes big grin that also will be "truth".

Shakyamunison
Yes big grin that also will be "truth".

What are you talking about? confused

This is a warning, I will post the six blind men and the elephant story. evil face

Justbyfaith

This is a warning, I will post the six blind men and the elephant story. evil face

Cool cool

debbiejo

This is a warning, I will post the six blind men and the elephant story. evil face Good!!

stick out tongue

Shakyamunison

Justbyfaith

Regret
While this is nice and all, I think that people have a difficult time in viewing life in a positive light. If they believe in a God or some other religious thing, life, and afterlife is probably not some oasis of nice things. I prefer to believe that it is not my belief that will be my reality due to the fact that I hope there's a God that will allow me more happiness than I would allow myself. If our reality as far as religious belief goes was the belief we held, then many people would be worse off than everyone else would think they were. Also, reincarnation would suck for some reincarnationists, many believe that to progress to a better organism in your next life you must be "good." We'd have a damn lot of bugs if peoples beliefs controlled what they were. People typically are harder on themselves than others are, and those that aren't are often insufferable.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret
While this is nice and all, I think that people have a difficult time in viewing life in a positive light. If they believe in a God or some other religious thing, life, and afterlife is probably not some oasis of nice things. I prefer to believe that it is not my belief that will be my reality due to the fact that I hope there's a God that will allow me more happiness than I would allow myself. If our reality as far as religious belief goes was the belief we held, then many people would be worse off than everyone else would think they were. Also, reincarnation would suck for some reincarnationists, many believe that to progress to a better organism in your next life you must be "good." We'd have a damn lot of bugs if peoples beliefs controlled what they were. People typically are harder on themselves than others are, and those that aren't are often insufferable.

However, there are a lot of bugs in the world. eek!

Regret
However, there are a lot of bugs in the world. eek!

Yeah, and I keep stepping on them...perhaps that's why bacteria grows as fast as it does wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret
Yeah, and I keep stepping on them...perhaps that's why bacteria grows as fast as it does wink

Well, I believe in simultaneous incarnation, which is all lives, past and future, existing all at the same time. There is no one for one exchange in this type of reincarnation.

Regret
cool

Alliance
Moral:

So oft in theologic wars,
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean,
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

Conclusion: Explore everything.

debbiejo

Justbyfaith
Conclusion: Explore everything.

How will you know you found the truth?

debbiejo
How will you know you found the truth? When you explore everything.

Alliance
Then you will know...the ultimate principle behind enlightenment.

Wonderer
How will you know you found the truth?

If you are seeking the truth, you are missing it, because it's right in front of your eyes!
American poet John Godfrey Saxe (1816-1887) based the following poem on a fable which was told in India many years ago.

It was six men of Indostan

Moral:

So oft in theologic wars,
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean,
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

Exactly, like I said, God, or the Universe, the Truth is revealed to each of us in a unique way. smile

Storm
Believe those who are seeking the truth, doubt those who find it.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Storm
Believe those who are seeking the truth, doubt those who find it.

I have to disagree, because your statement is an arrival at the very point you dismiss.

Anyway, if someone 'finds the truth' he only finds his own truth in the subjective case. Moreover, an absolute truth cannot be dismissed in any case, because such dismissal would substitute the truth in question with the rebuttal statement.

Alliance
Storms point is: Its very unlikely that you will be able to find truth. If someone comes galloping over to tell you the truth....ods are they don't have it.

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by debbiejo
When you explore everything.

Everything? Is that how long it will take?

Alliance
Yes...it will take forever. You die exploring.

debbiejo
And why would a god punish for the curiousness of it's creations.........To do so would be evil since it created us in the first place with these traits.....

Alliance
It is our great test not to use curiosity. If you are curious you can be tempted by the devil. We must learn to control ourselves. Only then can we seve God and prove our devotion. For our faith we are protecteed and saved.

Justbyfaith
Yes...it will take forever. You die exploring.

A sad opinion indeed. confused

Alliance
Better to die attempting to find truth than to settle for a false one.

InnerRise
I believe that all religions can't be true. And I believe that everybody believes that their religion is right and that everybody elses is wrong.

So who is to say which one is right if any at all.

Being I've grown up a Christian, it's still all very confusing for me.

is it comprehensible.....

Alliance
I believe this shows that being "right" is arbitrary and therefore no religion is any "righter" than another. Its simply a point of view.

cking
all religions are from a point of view, non is higher than the other. everything is based on opinion.

InnerRise
Of course in the eyes of the followers. It's not opinion, but fact.

is it comprehensible.....

Wonderer
It is our great test not to use curiosity. If you are curious you can be tempted by the devil. We must learn to control ourselves. Only then can we seve God and prove our devotion. For our faith we are protecteed and saved.

You seemed to have found the "Truth". Why are you contradicting yourself? I thought you said one dies exploring. If you believe in God and his rules, then you're stating a truth. laughing

Alliance
The bible says that Adam and Eve became curious. They took the fruit from a snake (an ancient symbol of enlightemnet and knowledge, but really the devil in disguise) because they were curious. Its the proverbial curiosity killed the cat. Because they were so stupid to actually question god's existance...they fell.

It plain and simple...right there.

Justbyfaith
Better to die attempting to find truth than to settle for a false one.

Better to die verifying that one is really false than losing one's own soul by negligence.

Justbyfaith
The bible says that Adam and Eve became curious. They took the fruit from a snake (an ancient symbol of enlightemnet and knowledge, but really the devil in disguise) because they were curious. Its the proverbial curiosity killed the cat. Because they were so stupid to actually question god's existance...they fell.

It plain and simple...right there.

You have been studying! Happy Dance

debbiejo
Originally posted by cking
all religions are from a point of view, non is higher than the other. everything is based on opinion. Welcome back cking.... smile

And yes religions are just that, a point of view. Different denominations take certain scriptures and make them their foundations for salvation.....

Makes you wonder WHY???....and what I mean is, would the god of the bible or anyone that is trying to do their best in this life be condemned forever for being just what we are. A heart is just that, a heart. In my opinion it doesn't matter what one believes, though in this life we DO experience outcomes from certain actions.........sowing and reaping.....a universal law......

Alliance
Better to die verifying that one is really false than losing one's own soul by negligence.

BAD option...you dont blindly buy a new car and then shop around to see which one is actually best. odds are you'll have wasted all your money on the wrong one.

and your "lose your own soul by negligence" doesnt happen in my scenrio. It happens to peopel wh oso blindly believe in their faith that they replace thier soul with an empty book.

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by cking
all religions are from a point of view, non is higher than the other. everything is based on opinion.

Let me guess, your still a teenager? cool

Justbyfaith
BAD option...you dont blindly buy a new car and then shop around to see which one is actually best. odds are you'll have wasted all your money on the wrong one.

and your "lose your own soul by negligence" doesnt happen in my scenrio. It happens to peopel wh oso blindly believe in their faith that they replace thier soul with an empty book.

Huh, I hope your right Alliance. Don't you too?

Alliance
don't I what?

Justbyfaith
don't I what?

Hope that you don't replace your soul with "nothingness"?

Alliance
I have a soul and its very full thank you. You're the one that imo has corrupted religion into a parade of simpering sychopahnts and mindless ritual.

Justbyfaith
I have a soul and its very full thank you. You're the one that imo has corrupted religion into a parade of simpering sychopahnts and mindless ritual.

You are not your usual self today? A little on the edge I feel? Am I correct?

Alliance
How am I not my usual?

Justbyfaith
How am I not my usual?

Very abrasive to all my posts so far...

Oh, well...God bless the 1st. Amendment...

Alliance
I am feeling a bit spiky.

And thank goodness that God had no hand in the fist amendment...otherwise it would say "rights for all Christians."

Regardless of the constitution (which imo is way holier than the bible) I woud still reserve you the right to speak your opionon anyway. Its a basic right of man.

Wonderer
Alliance, good luck with your narrow view.

Justbyfaith
Alliance, good luck with your narrow view.

I actually have enjoyed talking with Alliance. So far I find his views to be VERY WIDE=Anything goes as long as it's not Christian. laughing out loud

Justbyfaith
I believe that each and every religion on the planet is correct. That means that whatever your belief, it is true./QUOTE]

This just kills me... cool

Alliance
I actually have enjoyed talking with Alliance. So far I find his views to be VERY WIDE=Anything goes as long as it's not Christian. laughing out loud

Wonderer your comment is pointless.

JBF, i seem you percieve things I am not. My views are very wide and they include Christianity. I have a problem with certain religious philosophies... ones that you demonstrate quite well. YOu percive me as being against CHristianity...but really I'm just agaisnt your philosophy of CHirstianity.

And I do knock Christians harder, but that becuase I have more day to day personal conflicts wiht them. I've never been publically condemned to hell by (for example) a Hindu. As the worlds leading religion...you can handle it cool I think being a minority in this respect opens your eyes a bit.

Justbyfaith
Wonderer your comment is pointless.

JBF, i seem you percieve things I am not. My views are very wide and they include Christianity. I have a problem with certain religious philosophies... ones that you demonstrate quite well. YOu percive me as being against CHristianity...but really I'm just agaisnt your philosophy of CHirstianity.

And I do knock Christians harder, but that becuase I have more day to day personal conflicts wiht them. I've never been publically condemned to hell by (for example) a Hindu. As the worlds leading religion...you can handle it cool I think being a minority in this respect opens your eyes a bit.

Thanks for sharing this point of view. See eek! I like diverse opinions even though I disagree with 99% of them... big grin

Alliance
Then we don't really share the view. Just understand where I stand. cool

Justbyfaith
Then we don't really share the view. Just understand where I stand. cool

I do...i just thought he was funny. What would you do if I left the forum? Get bored? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
There are others...maham...peejayed. There will be more.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy harassing you smile

Justbyfaith
There are others...maham...peejayed. There will be more.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy harassing you smile

Every believer in Christ needs persecution. Thanks Alliance. smile

Alliance
I dont persecute. I havent beaheaded you and placed your rotting skulls on pikes around the city. Thats whay YOUR people did to mine.

If you think disagreement is persecution....messed

Justbyfaith
I dont persecute. I havent beaheaded you and placed your rotting skulls on pikes around the city. Thats whay YOUR people did to mine.

If you think disagreement is persecution....messed

Your people...my people...? I need another aspirin.

Alliance
Take 2!

debbiejo
Alliance.........step out of your box............there is a gathering there based on other sciences there.....................HEY...It's pizza night!!
pizza

Alliance
Hurls box at debbie....

*thunk*

*bounces off her box*

I still dont know what you said....but PIZZA!

debbiejo
embarrasment

MARCMAN
You beleive that every religion is true? My friend, beleif is not enough in the case of your examples. You are not in control of choosing what is true and even less in control of making something true. The way you talk you'd almost be God himself.

You say " If you beleive reincarnation is true then you will reincarnate" Do you realize what you are saying here? Is that not the same as saying "If you beleive that you can fly then you will fly" Really? Jump of a cliff and see if beleif is enough in this case.

Alliance
...as long as you follow right behind!

This is a pluralistic forum...all views are welcome, but if there is one thing that I've found that pisses people off the most is people who refuse to admit that this forum and religion itself is exceedingly pluralistic.

docb77
Wait a sec, if the opening post were right, if I didn't believe in gravity I should float off, like astronauts in space. No, there is an absolute truth. We may see it in different ways, like shaky's elephant story, but its still the truth. The elephant is the truth, what the people saw only perspective.

It is possible for multiple perspectives to be true, but still only one truth. So if 2 perspectives are mutually exclusive, ie. monotheism vs polytheism, or existence of God vs atheism, only one of those can be right.

Alliance
Even if that is so, with religion things rarely can be proved, therfore even if there was an absolute truth, it'd be impossible to disocer it, making your argument useless in practice.

Things are base on perception. Everyone percieves gravity so it is thought to exist. Not everyonperceives religion the same way. Therefore I think you have every right to pass personal judgment as long as your opinions recognize that we live on a pluralistic planet.

MARCMAN
At the end of the day we all need faith to a greater or lesser degree to trust that XY or Z are true

docb77
Even if that is so, with religion things rarely can be proved, therfore even if there was an absolute truth, it'd be impossible to disocer it, making your argument useless in practice.

Things are base on perception. Everyone percieves gravity so it is thought to exist. Not everyonperceives religion the same way. Therefore I think you have every right to pass personal judgment as long as your opinions recognize that we live on a pluralistic planet.

No, it's not impossible to discover religious truth. I'd actually wager that there have been many over the ages that have. I will concede that religious truth is impossible to verify without divine assistance. And because of that we should respect all religious belief whether we believe it or not. So sure, we can judge, but our judgements pretty much have to remain personal opinion.

Wonderer
Originally posted by docb77
Wait a sec, if the opening post were right, if I didn't believe in gravity I should float off, like astronauts in space. No, there is an absolute truth. We may see it in different ways, like shaky's elephant story, but its still the truth. The elephant is the truth, what the people saw only perspective.

It is possible for multiple perspectives to be true, but still only one truth. So if 2 perspectives are mutually exclusive, ie. monotheism vs polytheism, or existence of God vs atheism, only one of those can be right.

You are assuming there is an 'elephant/absolute' to begin with.

docb77
New question - how would you either prove or disprove the existence of an absolute truth?

Is there a way to do it? or would it be kind of like trying to prove/disprove the existence of God?

JesusIsAlive

Wonderer
Originally posted by docb77
New question - how would you either prove or disprove the existence of an absolute truth?

Is there a way to do it? or would it be kind of like trying to prove/disprove the existence of God?

Logically, one cannot prove or disprove an absolute/God, because then the proof would have to be greater than the absolute itself - the absolute is supposed to extend all things, even proof, because the absolute is the ultimate with no borders. DOes that make sense?

Wonderer
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
All religions are not correct.

All religions are trying to get to God, but all religions are not correct. You see, Jesus Christ is God's Son. If anybody ought to know how to get to God, the Father it ought to be God, the Son.

A picture is worth a thousand words!
You are blindly believing, that there is only one way to the truth. But everybody is right when it comes to truth, what you believe will become true for you, as for all the other religions and views.

I wish you great happiness, enlightenment and peace, my fellow human being smile

Shakyamunison

JesusIsAlive
You are absolutely not right. You see, I am not blindly believing. But my faith is in the Word of God. Jesus said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me--John 14:6.

JesusIsAlive
My bad I forgot to insert a link explaining what Jehovah's Witnesses believe.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0026/0026_01.asp (Jehovah's Witnesses?)

Shakyamunison
You are absolutely not right. You see, I am not blindly believing. But my faith is in the Word of God. Jesus said, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me--John 14:6.

So? no expression

Can you give me something more then just quotes from the bible? Christianity is just as true as Greek mythology. I am sorry if that insulted you, I did not mean it as an insult, but just the facts as I see them.

The big EH
every religion is truly wrong in someway, much like christanity's god, totally false

JesusIsAlive
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp (we descended from apes?)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0020/0020_01.asp (am I a fool?)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1021/1021_01.asp (what?)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1002/1002_01.asp (I do know it all)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0061/0061_01.asp (mormonism)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0093/0093_01.asp (masonry)
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/5022/5022_01.asp (masons)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0016/0016_01.asp (Buddah?)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp (islam?)
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1004/1004_01.asp (islam??)
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1011/1011_01.asp (islam???)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0070/0070_01.asp (hinduism?)

Shakyamunison
^ Propaganda.

JesusIsAlive
We christians refer to it as the gospel (good news) smile

The big EH
if that means bullshit i agree...i think

JesusIsAlive
God loves you The Big EH even if no one else does.

The big EH
i told you to shut the hell up!

JesusIsAlive

The big EH
SHUT THE ****ING HELL UP! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU POST THAT AGAIN!

JesusIsAlive

debbiejo
Did I just enter the twilight zone.........Or is somebody being stalked.... blink

Storm
God wants you to cut it out!

JesusIsAlive

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1004/1004_01.asp (islam??)
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1011/1011_01.asp (islam???)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0026/0026_01.asp (Jehovah's Witnesses?)

JesusIsAlive
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0006/0006_01.asp (Somebody loves you)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1018/1018_01.asp (unloved?)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0085/0085_01.asp (A love story)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp (This was your life guys)

debbiejo
You really shouldn't argue with the Forum god.............They eat people....

Wonderer

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1004/1004_01.asp

The only reason that you aren't stroke dead yet by divine lighting, is because there's no Christian God.

JesusIsAlive

Wonderer

fini

NOW that is sooooooooooooooooooo wrong, it is not even funny

Why should anyone believe a cartoon about a Hindu god that is written by Christians who are out to show that only their way is good and everyone else is bad. That is sheer ignorance what the cartoonists are doing.

Taking people's ignorance and feeding them BS is low, stupid ,and hateful

Hindus believe in god, so do muslims, buddhists believe in peace. THAT does not make them wrong. Hinduism has been around longer then christianity and is still going strong. Dont u think that there is a reason for that?!?

JesusIsAlive, i am sure that you DO NOT know that hindus celebrate jesus as being one of the most recent incarnations of god. We do not go around with the belief that he alone represents God.

SOOO open your mind to the world and try to understand other people's beliefs..... give it a try.

Alliance
Originally posted by fini
SOOO open your mind to the world and try to understand other people's beliefs..... give it a try.

A very good plea. big grin

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by fini

I do not have any difficulty understanding other people's beliefs, I just do not BELIEVE any of them.

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Romans 8:37-39
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Deano
god save us all from religion

JesusIsAlive
I agree. Christianity is a way of life.

Deano
i feel sorry for you. i deeply do. one day you will realise that we are all One. infinite conciousness.

they want to keep the cell door bolted and religions have served the cause magnificently. They entrap people in laws, irrelevance, and fine detail to such an extent that the big picture is never seen. which religion you
choose is not important to the Matrix, so long as you fall in line with one of them because then the blinkers are on and the Matrix has you.

jesusisalive has been brainwashe don christianity. lucky you wanstborn in the middle east ay? then you would probably be muslim huh?

religions were created and designed to imprison consciousness in the Matrix by selling the same basic belief package: those that believe in the religion and do as it demands will have a one-way ticket to Paradise as the chosen ones of 'God'. Jews claim to be the chosen people; Christians say that only by believing in Jesus will we go to heaven; and Muslims say that only those who follow the Allah version of 'God' will you book a seat on the cloud. It is the God Program - Matrix software for the imprisonment of human consciousness.

its time to grow up and break out..Religions destroy spirituality because they were not created to free the spirit, but to trap it in a web of fear, limitation and ignorance.

JesusIsAlive
Don't feel sorry for me. Any yes I am still praying for you.

Lord Urizen
Don't feel sorry for me. Any yes I am still praying for you.

I feel VERY sorry for you. yes

You are indeed brainwashed, mentally trapped, and programmed into ONE method of thinking.

You are not truly Free.

JesusIsAlive

Nellinator
Freedom poses an interesting question. However, I would say that CHOOSING to serve a cause is not slavery. These people are not restrained by the world and uncertainity which I believe to restrict freedom. I would have to say that jesusisalive is very free even if others may find him ignorant.

Grimm22
I wouldnt say that the religion that crazy Islamic Terrorists use is correct confused

Or satanists....

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Grimm22
I wouldnt say that the religion that crazy Islamic Terrorists use is correct confused

Or satanists....

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0029/0029_01.asp (Islam)

Imperial_Samura

Or satanists....

There is a difference between religious extremists and normal religious people. Christianity had and has, its fair share of people willing to kill for God.

And there is nothing wrong with Satanists - you are either mistaking them for devil worshippers (but even then, why can't they believe in that?) or are misinformed about the nature of their belief.

debbiejo
Don't feel sorry for me. Any yes I am still praying for you. Prays are a begging for god to change ones heart.....IMO that would go against free will of a person....

Grimm22
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
There is a difference between religious extremists and normal religious people. Christianity had and has, its fair share of people willing to kill for God.

And there is nothing wrong with Satanists - you are either mistaking them for devil worshippers (but even then, why can't they believe in that?) or are misinformed about the nature of their belief.

Im aware that most muslims arent crazy or whatnot and I do know that Chirstianity has had its fair share of evil and it still does.

However that dosent represent the true religion, its simply a twisted version of the true teachings.

Umm...worshiping Satan is for the evil and corrupt...thats why they cant believe in that no expression

Alliance
Twisted? This coming from the second to last guy in line? Have you ever played the telephone game?

Imperial_Samura

Umm...worshiping Satan is for the evil and corrupt...thats why they cant believe in that no expression

Only from the mainstream Christian perspective. There are people who believe that Satan, aka Lucifer, was hard done by by God. After all, what was Satan's real crime? Wanting power? Not listening to God? Utilising his free will? None of which is inherently evil.

A late antiquity chap names Origen theorised that if God is to be believed, if Satan asked for forgiveness he would be forgiven - ergo he has a soul and the potential to turn good. Now the Catholics at the time didn't like that and branded him a heretic.

Likewise a Middle Eastern heretical branch of the Church believed that Lucifer was more in line with humanity, more human in fact, then Jesus. They believed Lucifer to me a more accurate image of mans soul - that is free will, good/bad, while Jesus and the Catholic image of God sought to enslave humanity and ignore all facets of mankind. Lucifer was thus imprisoned in Hell because God couldn't control him and humanity, and all God wanted was to control mans soul, thus they demonised Lucifer to make mankind fear to much freedom.

Similarly there have been people who have worshiped war gods, cannibalistic gods, gods that don't care, gods that demand sacrifice - it doesn't mean the people are bad, nor that they can't believe in those gods. Why? It's all about perspective, and the way it is presented. I see no problem with a person worshipping Satan/Devil/Lucifer as long as that worship doesn't lead them to harm others, and to be honest there are, in the long run, more cases of murder relating to Muslims, Christians killing etc for their God then there are people killing for the devil.

Alliance
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Similarly there have been people who have worshiped war gods, cannibalistic gods, gods that don't care, gods that demand sacrifice - it doesn't mean the people are bad, nor that they can't believe in those gods. Why? It's all about perspective, and the way it is presented. I see no problem with a person worshipping Satan/Devil/Lucifer as long as that worship doesn't lead them to harm others, and to be honest there are, in the long run, more cases of murder relating to Muslims, Christians killing etc for their God then there are people killing for the devil.

yes

Nellinator
That also might have something to do with there being less Satanists however.

Alliance
how so?

Wonderer
Originally posted by Nellinator
Freedom poses an interesting question. However, I would say that CHOOSING to serve a cause is not slavery. These people are not restrained by the world and uncertainity which I believe to restrict freedom. I would have to say that jesusisalive is very free even if others may find him ignorant.
Very true! JesusIsAlive is just as close to the truth and freedom than any of us. Because in the end, WE ALL live in fools paradise.

mattrab
(sorry if you have already discussed this)

But if all Religon's are correct, than they must all be wrong......

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by mattrab
(sorry if you have already discussed this)

But if all Religon's are correct, than they must all be wrong......

Final someone understands. thumb up When it comes to religions, right and wrong are irrelevant. What matters is rather it works for you.

Alliance
Thats a bit of an extreme viewpoint. Some people just may want to...say eradicate all Muslims....because it "works" for them.

The right to an opinoin is not a blank check.

Shakyamunison
Thats a bit of an extreme viewpoint. Some people just may want to...say eradicate all Muslims....because it "works" for them.

The right to an opinoin is not a blank check.

This way of thinking must also have the realization of cause and effect attached to it. What works for you may not work for someone else and that is ok, should be the way we think.

Alliance
That precludes that you are intelligent enough to understand the consequences of your actions.

Shakyamunison
That precludes that you are intelligent enough to understand the consequences of your actions.

No, you don't have to understand gravity to stay on the Earth. Karma is works the same way; you just have to be careful.

Alliance
Gravity is a physical law. Percieved consequences are just that....a mirror of what may be. Accuracy in these perdictions is not a mandate.

Shakyamunison
Gravity is a physical law. Percieved consequences are just that....a mirror of what may be. Accuracy in these perdictions is not a mandate.

And so is the mythic law (God).

Alliance
lol....

MYTHIC....law. Quite the paradox....these mythical laws that are by definition false.

I don't know where you were going.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.