Lasso of Truth vs................

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
How well does the lasso do against these characters as in can they hold them or be broken by them.

1. Juggernaut

2. Dr. Strange

3. Shazam

4. Rune King Thor

5. Thanos

6. Odin

7. Darkseid

8. Spectre

9. Phoenix

10. Galactus 100%

Private Pion
The Lasso is physically impossible to break other than by A) Fictional beings brought to life or if B) Wonderwoman denies a legitimate truth.

Grimm22
It dosent do crap to Galactus

It might not do much to Dr. Strange erm

Private Pion
Originally posted by Grimm22

I'd like to see Wonderwoman try find somewhere to wrap the lasso around him.

MJOILNIR
I dont know about breaking it but Id say theres plenty of characters there who have enough power to simply shrug it off. Example, just making it lossen and fall to the ground.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Private Pion
I'd like to see Wonderwoman try find somewhere to wrap the lasso around him.

It's of infinite length

How so?

Accel
Since it's powered by the Source, it should hold every one here with out any problems.

Grimm22
Originally posted by LethalFemme
It's of infinite length

How so?

Galactus is a freakin Demi-god.

Besides Galactus is a force of nature.

LethalFemme
Galactus is a freakin Demi-god.

Besides Galactus is a force of nature.

It's held full gods.

Grimm22
It's holden full gods.

Hmm erm

You make a valid point

LethalFemme
Hmm erm

You make a valid point

thank you, thank you very much

DigiMark007
Can't a few of these people just teleport out of it or somesuch?? Or phase through it?

And it might hold, say, King Thor. But he'd take one look at WW, send a lightning bolt or Mjolnir or something at her, and once she's knocked down, getting out the lasso would be easy pie. So yes and no for most of these people because of that. (i.e. Big G might get held, but then he'd wipe WW from existence and casually take the lasso off).

LethalFemme
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Can't a few of these people just teleport out of it or somesuch?? Or phase through it?

Once in the lasso aren't all trapped?

DigiMark007
Once in the lasso aren't all trapped?

I dunno. I'm just speculating. My WW knowledge isn't up to snuff. Find Draco...he'd know.

ThePittman

LethalFemme
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I dunno. I'm just speculating. My WW knowledge isn't up to snuff. Find Draco...he'd know.

I was being an ass by asking the question while knowing the answer is yes.stick out tongue

Adam Warlock
It didn't hold Deathstroke.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
It didn't hold Deathstroke.

bad writing.

Private Pion
Originally posted by ThePittman Thanos & Darkside: I don’t think she would want to know the truth.

The instant I read that, I screamed 'YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!' and got some stranges looks.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by Private Pion
The instant I read that, I screamed 'YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!' and got some stranges looks.

I wonder why. Lets ponder that.hmm

Adam Warlock
bad writing.

He was honest that's why. He has no reason to hide his intentions or desires from anyone. That's why it failed.

Sure he's mean cold blooded killer. But at least he's honest.

Accel
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
He was honest that's why. He has no reason to hide his intentions or desires from anyone. That's why it failed.

Sure he's mean cold blooded killer. But at least he's honest.
But he's not pure-hearted. A person doesn't have to be honest to be immune.

UniOmni
Galactus doesn't lie. The lasso means nothing to him. Phoenix?? She's been equated to the Source. She takes no notice.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Accel
But he's not pure-hearted. A person doesn't have to be honest to be immune.

Yep

MJOILNIR
He's a pure heated killer, thru and thru.

ThePittman

MJOILNIR

Jesse7
The phoenix equated to the source, I don't think so, please provide on panel evidence of that being shown; the phoenix two highest feats are first being repairing the K crystal, the second being holding the 616 universe in her hand and molding it (but many can do this).

That does not put her anywhere near the source.

UniOmni
The PF is the veritable lifeforce that empowers everything living. Be it Eternity, and Galactus etc. Anything that has life, is powered by her. PF is the source of life, and the Source is the source.
Everything that is in creation is from the Source. Not the exact same role, but similar.

Jesse7
Show me on panel evidence, feats, that puts the phoenix force on level with the source. Not just a characters word, because if we go by that then many of the characters of marvel are limitless, unstopable, and infinite, show me on panel feats of the phoenix force that puts it on level with the source.

The phoenix force two highest on panel feats are first being repairing the K crystal, the second being holding the 616 universe in her hand and molding it (many can do this).

batdude123
How well does the lasso do against these characters as in can they hold them or be broken by them.

1. Juggernaut

2. Dr. Strange

3. Shazam

4. Rune King Thor

5. Thanos

6. Odin

7. Darkseid

8. Spectre

9. Phoenix

10. Galactus 100%

The Lasso now is backed by the Source, which means that none of those characters would be able to break it. Btw, why the hell would you put 100% Galactus after Spectre and Phoenix? blink

Jargon343
Didn't Brainiac-Doomsday get out of it?

Swanky-Tuna
I'm told Doomsday got out of it because at the time everyone but Superman sucked noodles and the lasso wasn't wrapped around him that well so he just flopped around like a fish until it came off him.

batdude123
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I'm told Doomsday got out of it because at the time everyone but Superman sucked noodles and the lasso wasn't wrapped around him that well so he just flopped around like a fish until it came off him.

Yeah, and Doomsday also tore PM in half after only stretching him like six feet. roll eyes (sarcastic) It was clear that everybody was jobbing to DD.

Jesse7
LOL PM's face looked so comical when DD was stretching it.

Dalak
*steals the Lasso of Truth irrevocably and for all time*

MJOILNIR
Its hard when you think about it to compare higher level beings from different universes. The lasso powered by the source, whos to say it would work on someone powered by TOAA ect. Not that this is on the list but food for thought. A power from marvel might not work on dc characters and vice versa.

Swanky-Tuna
I wonder if the lasso would work in autoerotic asphyxiation

MJOILNIR
huh hysterical...........but disturbing

batdude123
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I wonder if the lasso would work in autoerotic asphyxiation

no expression

thisredbox
i think shes been tied up with her own lasso about as much as shes roped anyone else smile

j/k smile

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egrotesqueanatomy/lowroad/171pic2.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Egrotesqueanatomy/lowroad/167pic2.gif

Swanky-Tuna
Was that back when WW was weakened when bound by a man or back when WW just generally sucked?

Grimm22
bad writing.

Yeah, then again so is DS posing a challange to WW stick out tongue

bigbran
didnt ww break the lasso?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by UniOmni
The PF is the veritable lifeforce that empowers everything living. Be it Eternity, and Galactus etc. Anything that has life, is powered by her. PF is the source of life, and the Source is the source.
Everything that is in creation is from the Source. Not the exact same role, but similar. Hmm... the Phoenix is the spark that ignites creation and the fire that consumes it. Yes. But she isn't necessarily equivalent to the lifeforce that empowers everything living, otherwise everything would be dead... having no power and and all it all being taken up by the Phoenix no expression. I thought it had been stated that it draws power from future life, which would only give it a portion of the power of all possible life and which would also mean a limited amount of power to draw upon. shifty

bigbran
is the source a thing or a person?

LethalFemme
Yeah, then again so is DS posing a challange to WW stick out tongue

Or taking on the JLA and living.stick out tongue

Originally posted by bigbran
is the source a thing or a person?

Entity I believe.

bigbran
is there pics of it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.