Clayface vs. Mr. Fantastic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Apolloknight
Just though of this Fight thanks to the Hulk vs. Batman badguys thread.

No prep

Fight is in New York

Who wins?

batdude123
Well, barring water (which Fantastic would probably think of in the middle of the fight), in a straight up fight Clayface would smoke Reed.

Grimm22
Reed is 10000000000000000000000000000000000x smarter than Clayface.

Reed curbstomps the idiot big grin

blind faith
I'm going with Reed, intelligence is the greatest weapon here (that's why Batman beats him).

Reed has enough intelligence to take him.

It also depends of how much prep. time each gets.

w/o prep. Reed probably wins the majority.
with prep. Clayface loses 10/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by blind faith
I'm going with Reed, intelligence is the greatest weapon here (that's why Batman beats him).

Reed has enough intelligence to take him.

It also depends of how much prep. time each gets.

w/o prep. Reed probably wins the majority.
with prep. Clayface loses 10/10.

No prep. Without prep Reed gets f*cked in the fight. There is litterally nothing he could do to Clayface. If Reed DOES get prep, then yes he would win.

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
Reed is 10000000000000000000000000000000000x smarter than Clayface.

Reed curbstomps the idiot big grin

What is this? An IQ contest? roll eyes (sarcastic) That's all you ever think about when you see Reed or Doom in a thread. This is a FIGHT. Pure and simple. Reed would go down.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by batdude123
No prep. Without prep Reed gets f*cked in the fight. There is litterally nothing he could do to Clayface. If Reed DOES get prep, then yes he would win.

I agree, heck with prep, i could figure how to take Clayface down, I mean he is clay. But with no prep, I have Clayface stomping read, batdudes right, there is nothing reed can do to hurt him. yes

Grimm22
What is this? An IQ contest? roll eyes (sarcastic) That's all you ever think about when you see Reed or Doom in a thread. This is a FIGHT. Pure and simple. Reed would go down.

Your underestimating Reed no expression

Reed is stronger, faster, smarter and more skilled than Clayface no expression

This is a joke

Soleran
Originally posted by Apolloknight
I agree, heck with prep, i could figure how to take Clayface down, I mean he is clay. But with no prep, I have Clayface stomping read, batdudes right, there is nothing read can do to hurt him. yes

Maybe Reed busts out Yo Mamma jokes on clayface that wouldn't be pretty now would it!

batdude123

This is a joke

no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

Apolloknight

This is a joke

What would reeds strength and speed, which is arguably not better then Clayface, do against Clayface?

Really?

DarkCrawler
They fight in New York...

I suppose it's Manhattan, which is SURROUNDED by water.

Reed, who is a lot smarter then Batman and has devised plans to take out galactic threats in minutes...would easily devise to take out a Batman villain like Clayface. Probably in seconds, since it's pretty easy to see what it's made of.

And it's not like Clayfacce can kill Reed either.

Accel
Reed doesn't really need prep. He can use the many resources he finds in New York to take out Clayface.

Loot
No prep. Without prep Reed gets f*cked in the fight.

how exactly would that be? what can clayface do against mr fantastic?

my vote goes to reed

batdude123
Originally posted by Loot
how exactly would that be? what can clayface do against mr fantastic?

my vote goes to reed

Clayface: Shapeshifter; Metahuman; can't be beaten by physical means; can grow to be the size of a building; is proportionally as strong as the shape he is in (can reach the class 100 level); can become more durable than any rock on the planet, or can revert back to ooze anytime; etc

Reed (barring water) couldn't do anything to Clayface. He would lose.

DarkCrawler
How does Batman defeat him?

Finding solutions to take down something is Reed's trademark. If there is some other way of beating him then water, he'd find it. If he didn't find it, he'd made it. This is New York we are talking about. There would be plenty of technology to Reed build stuff from it.

This also depends on incarnation. If it is Matt Hagen (the most usual one) Reed pwns him. Robin has defeaten Hagen by electrocuting him.

Accel
Clayface: Shapeshifter; Metahuman; can't be beaten by physical means; can grow to be the size of a building; is proportionally as strong as the shape he is in (can reach the class 100 level); can become more durable than any rock on the planet, or can revert back to ooze anytime; etc

Reed (barring water) couldn't do anything to Clayface. He would lose.
Clayface can't do anything to Reed either in a purely physical fight...

Apolloknight
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
How does Batman defeat him?

Finding solutions to take down something is Reed's trademark. If there is some other way of beating him then water, he'd find it. If he didn't find it, he'd made it. This is New York we are talking about. There would be plenty of technology to Reed build stuff from it.

I'm very sure reed would have more then enough time to build some fancy device while Diamond Hard clay shaped like Axes, bats, spears, knifes, are coming at him. Not to mentions The Clay Spikes Clayface can project from himself.

Yeah more then enough time to build something roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
I'm very sure reed would have more then enough time to build some fancy device while Diamond Hard clay shaped like Axes, bats, spears, knifes, are coming at him. Not to mentions The Clay Spikes Clayface can project from himself.

Yeah more then enough time to build something roll eyes (sarcastic) Seeing as none of those would pierce him, and he can easily lose Clayface since he is also faster then him (in his rubber ball form, he can easily lose army vechiles) he can. rolling on floor laughing

Accel

Yeah more then enough time to build something roll eyes (sarcastic)
Namor couldn't hurt Reed and Wolverine couldn't cut him, so what makes you think CF's attacks would pose a threat?

Loot
Originally posted by Accel
Clayface can't do anything to Reed either in a purely physical fight...

exactly

Apolloknight
Namor couldn't hurt Reed and Wolverine couldn't cut him, so what makes you think CF's attacks would pose a threat?

I think they would spend a few hours attempting to suffocate one-another, eventually clay face would win this.

Accel
I think they would spend a few hours attempting to suffocate one-another, eventually clay face would win this.
Based off of what?

This would also require Reed to act like a dumbass.

DarkCrawler
I think they would spend a few hours attempting to suffocate one-another, eventually clay face would win this. The thread says Reed Richards.

You know, the man who's more intelligent then Batman?

RUNMAN
Is this the discredit reed richards thread? by giving him an opponent Batman or Robin beats easily and discussing with exaggeration how strong/powerful/mighty/godlike he is, what do you seek to achieve? Nevermind. Clayface is a joke! once you admit that to yourselves, good logic and reasoning sets in... and then we can discuss more things sensibly... aight?

meep-meep

I was wondering the same thing. What's that I hear? Silence, I believe.

HisMajestyAC43
realistically... if reed was smart (which dur dur dur, he is) he will run around devising a plot to kill clay. once he thought it up he would stop running and make clay into a puddle of goop and take some samples back to the lab with him. unless he physically has his brain removed reed richards gets preptime. unless he is fighting someone with upper level speed, (ie supes, ss) reed richards can think on his feet like the best of them. so richards takes this like a morning newspaper crossword.

Apolloknight
Based off of what?

This would also require Reed to act like a dumbass.

Not really, think about it, Reed can stretch himself and and become any object he pleases, but he gains no mass, also, read cannot survive if he was dispersed into many pieces. Not say this would happen tho.

Clayface can also stretch himself and become any object, or person he pleases, he can grow to the size of a building, gain vast amounts of strength, (he can knock over buildings so at least class 100).

Or he could become a giant ball of clay the size of a building, and "roll" reed over, along with cars, lightpost, grass, other people, small houses, and whatever else is in his path, and suck it all to the center of himself (due to his class 100 strength at that size) and reed suffocates and dies.

GG big grin

Apolloknight
Originally posted by HisMajestyAC43
realistically... if reed was smart (which dur dur dur, he is) he will run around devising a plot to kill clay. once he thought it up he would stop running and make clay into a puddle of goop and take some samples back to the lab with him. unless he physically has his brain removed reed richards gets preptime. unless he is fighting someone with upper level speed, (ie supes, ss) reed richards can think on his feet like the best of them. so richards takes this like a morning newspaper crossword.

Oh and reed gets no prep, this is a fight, like I said in an early post, with prep, Reed is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>99% of comics.

DarkCrawler
You realize that Reed wouldn't just stand there and try to suffocate Clayface? And Reed can increase his mass.

DarkCrawler
Oh and reed gets no prep, this is a fight, like I said in an early post, with prep, Reed is>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>99% of comics. He's taken greater threats without prep, he makes most of his plans on the fly. You said that this fight will happen on NY...what stops him from luring Clayface into water, or building something from the stuff that is found from the thousands of stores?

badabing
I didn't think Clayface could be beat physically without water or liquid nitrogen. Wouldn't Reeds punches just be absorbed by Clayface? This is a serious question.

Apolloknight
He's taken greater threats without prep, he makes most of his plans on the fly. You said that this fight will happen on NY...what stops him from luring Clayface into water, or building something from the stuff that is found from the thousands of stores?

Yeah that true, reed could do that, at the same time their are people around, reed would have to think about the safety of them, And Clayface knows his weakness, he may not be a rocket scientist, but I'm pretty sure he knows to stay away from water.

Just like read knows to stay away from liquid nitrogen.

DarkCrawler
Well, then he electrocutes him. Robin beat Clayface this way.

Or hardens him by freezing him with something, or adding stuff like flour to him so he would get harder and harder to move.

Hell, even I can make plans like these in seconds, Reed wouldn't take much.

Apolloknight
Well, then he electrocutes him. Robin beat Clayface this way.

Or hardens him by freezing him with something, or adding stuff like flour to him so he would get harder and harder to move.

Hell, even I can make plans like these in seconds, Reed wouldn't take much.

Yeah, but he would need alot of it, if Clayface grows to the size of a building, a cup of water, or a simple bag of flour not gonna get it done.

HisMajestyAC43
I'm pretty sure he knows to stay away from water.

its hard to stay away from water in newyork, on the coastline, not to mention the fire hydrants on every street corner. and saying reed gets no prep just means he doesnt get alone time to sit and think about the fight, not that he looses all his genius and is dropped down to a rhino level intellect. like darkcrawler said, reed is perfectly capable of thinking on the fly, and has dealt with greater threats in the same manner before with no "prep time". there is no reason why reed richards wouldn't be able to have clayface splishing and splashing, much less for him to devise SOMETHING that can subdue clayface. batman does it, why not reed richards?

Broly92
Clayface wins without prep in a abandon area but in NY Reed can find anything but it will take awhile he is a thinker not a tactician

DarkCrawler
Reed is a brilliant tactician, actually. He has lead his team through things that make Clayface look like an blind, deaf and paraplegic retarted 114 year old man in comparision.

batdude123
Reed is a brilliant tactician, actually. He has lead his team through things that make Clayface look like an blind, deaf and paraplegic retarted 114 year old man in comparision.

Are you just describing yourself now? stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
I'm only 106 years old. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Broly92
Yes with people he is familiar with but he usually relies on his team mates to hold off the enemy's for just enough time for him to think of something

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.