Would Vader and Sidious survive as Sith during the Golden age of the Sith?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Would the pair make it during the ancient Sith era?

Legion_of_Maul
yes, but they would be forgotten, only palpatine would be acceptable in the order.

Razielim
They'd survive and become Sith Lords but they might not make it as DLotS.

xxxpoppunker182
i have to disagree. anakin has the potential to be more powerful than them. if he was raised back during their time he'd probably become much more powerful.

butif your talkin about just send them back in time then palpatine could manipulate some underlings and get into some control but not DLotS.

overlord
Uhmmm.. Duh.. Sidious is one of the strongest sith ever and Vader had the most OMGWTFMIDICHLOREANS.

jollyjim311
...Yes.

Lightsnake
They'd be running the place in a week

jollyjim311
A week? Be serious, they'd have to do some research and eliminate a few people, but yeah, they'd work their way to the top. It would take longer than that, though.

Razielim
Especially when there's people like Sadow who can step into his ship and chuck a planet at you.

BlaxicanTroller
he chucked a planet? I know he used his ship to blow up a star, but...

Lightsnake
Yes, Sadow's really going to be using that Ship in his own solar system.

Sin Harvest
If they started back then then Anakin (may) wouldn't have suffered those injuries at the hands of Obi-Wan and would have managed to become the strongest Sith Lord ever.

Palpatine wouldn't have any problem. He'll go around using people as pawns to get what he needs.

Darth Grathius
Also Sideous' style more includes super weapons (Death Stars, Sun Crusher, Eye of Palpatine ect.) in the Golden Age of the Sith, Sith primarily relied upon their force powers. Both Sidious and Vader rely on machinery to enforce their will. Vader after losing his organic limbs has never shown any aptitude in pure force attacks (save for choke) which would put him at a disadvantage when fighting other sith(which would inevitably occur). Golden Age sith would most likely be disappointed at the caliber of Sith Vader and Sideous have become.

Sin Harvest
Golden Age sith would most likely be disappointed at the caliber of Sith Vader and Sideous have become.

Actually I would imagine they would be impressed. Palpatine did something no other Sith could, destroy the Jedi and take control of the entire galaxy.

Unless of course you mean strength in the Force...DE Sidious wouldn't be disappointing.

jollyjim311
They would probably steal Sadows ship and kill all the Sith, actually, just have two.

Tangible God
If this post-Mustafar Vader, then he'd just be used as a scarecrow in the Sith farmer's crops. Pre-Mustafar Vader would be transofrmed into the Sith's poster-boy, with his strings being constantly pulled this way and that.

DE Sidious would manage alright, likely an elite but not DLOTS. Other Sidious' would be like lesser Sith Lords. Only his cunniving would get him through, not his powers.

HK69
Sidious and Vader would rule in Ragnos' golden age.

-H6

felix111
they would rule the galaxy, slowly but surely.

palpatine would do all the manipulating etc

and vader would clean up after him and do his dirty work

the galaxy WOULD be theirs!

Tangible God
Only of course, after Ragnos dies from the cold virus Palpatine has Vader insert into his morning waffe.

The Ellimist
lmfaoooooo

Trocity
Lightsnake was ahead of his time.

The Merchant
Palpatine would walk up to Ragnos and take his head.

samappo
The only Sith I can think of that could have any chance of even competing with Palpatine would probably be like, Nihilus... MAYBE Valkorian. Yeah that's about it.

Lord Lucien
Trip down memory lane here.

samappo
Tbh I don't think Sheev is matched by any other Sith in history. But I do want to know where Nihilus fits into this, personally. Especially since he hasn't been mentioned AT ALL yet. I get the impression that he's a lot more powerful than most of the ancient Sith. Kreia herself says that he learnt the "greatest" of the Sith teachings. Which I assume means he learnt how to drain the force, though the drawback is that he loses control over the force and hunger ... it controls him. Then again, this control over him already started when he realised that killing someone and draining them made him even more hungry.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by samappo
Tbh I don't think Sheev is matched by any other Sith in history. But I do want to know where Nihilus fits into this, personally.

Nihilus has some truly monstrous feats, but powerscaling doesn't always do him very well. I could buy him being on novel Vitiate's tier tbh.

Lord Lucien
Tbh I don't think Sheev is matched by any other Sith in history. But I do want to know where Nihilus fits into this, personally. Right up there with lulSheev. Between him and Bane. Tightly between. Sweatily between.

samappo
What's "lulSheev" ?

I don't see Bane being able to even stand a chance against Nihilus tbh. I feel like Nihilus would ragdoll Bane. But don't quote me on it. Just my gut feeling on the matter.

The Merchant
Kreia also says in the Dark Side route that Nihilus' power will /only/ rival "some of the ancient Sith" so he does know the Siths greatest tech but raw power wise is still below at least the Ancients Kreia mentioned. She said this in the DS route of tth Jedi enclave where you kill all the Jedi masters.

Palpatine>Ragnos>Nihilus.

The Ellimist
What's "lulSheev" ?

I don't see Bane being able to even stand a chance against Nihilus tbh. I feel like Nihilus would ragdoll Bane. But don't quote me on it. Just my gut feeling on the matter.

Nihilus has far better feats, yeah.

samappo
Well luckily I've started a Dark Side character, very keen for the Kreia talks throughout the game ... very well the best written Star Wars character imo.

Anyway, I guess the implication by Kreia is that it is the "greatest" of Sith teachings, but also that raw power can overturn him, IF it's massively strong enough. So like, Sidious level basically...

I can just see Sidious creating a black hole and swallowing Nihilus in it.

Lord Lucien
What's "lulSheev" ? Palpatine. You know, the iconic Emperor from the original Star Wars films? The guy who definitely doesn't have a fantastically stupid first name worthy of nothing but lulz. 'Member him?

samappo
Oh, I thought it meant a certain variation of him, such as a young Sheev or something.

AncientPower
Revan, the Ancient Sith, Vitiate. Each are more conventionally powerful and masterful than Nihilus. But that's because neither of those things can be used to describe Nihilus. He's got the best feats in the mythos tbh.

samappo
What's your reasoning behind best feats in the Mythos? Genuinely curious. I'm trying to gauge Nihilus against Sidious/Valkorian.

JKBart
the guy instadrained a planet thoughtlessly etc whereas Valky needed stuff to do that, and Palps needed years of gradual draining

i actually fully understand what AP is talking about tbh

The Ellimist
Yeah but Nihilus's planet eating is kinda a bit of a savant skill.

JKBart
yeah, but as a single feat in itself it's absolute top

samappo
Nihilus paid the price for an almost invincible technique. He no longer controlled himself basically.

relentless1
of course they would; the most powerful Sith of all time and his apprentice the Chosen One?? are you kidding me

samappo
Where do people position Darth Traya in their list of Sith Lords though? As I understand, she was a master lightsaber duelist and force wielder.

LordOfTheLight
I see the first page of this thread, and I think:

"Is this the so called great debating era of KMC people keep going on about?"

I really hope not, but if it is, then ROFL.

TenebrousWay
Where do people position Darth Traya in their list of Sith Lords though? As I understand, she was a master lightsaber duelist and force wielder.

In power? Quite high. In lightsaber skills, very low.

samappo
Very low?? Explain.

TenebrousWay
Very low?? Explain.

Her accolades and feats really don't compare with the more proeminent lightsaber duelists. Of course, I'm being subjective with "very low" because, again, I'm comparing her directly to good warriors.

Just to clarify, I have her solidly below the likes of Kyle Katarn, Act III HoT, Darth Malak, etc, in lightsaber combat.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by JKBart
the guy instadrained a planet thoughtlessly etc whereas Valky needed stuff to do that, and Palps needed years of gradual draining

This is a misconception.

Darth Nihilus did not insta-drain Telos IV for example when he arrived there. Additionally, people tend to overlook the fact that Darth Nihilus's stupendous affinity with Force Drain powers was a byproduct of his unnatural conditions.

Valkorion consumed Ziost soon after restoring his power to pre-ritual level, and on his own accord; a pure display of his raw power and mastery of the Dark Side on his part.

And we actually get to see how fast Valkorion managed that.

---

On topic: no idea.

I expect Palpatine to do well.

However, nothing is certain in a system that facilitates cutthroat competition and/or backstabbing.

Azronger
Originally posted by JKBart

Palpatine needed to drain them slowly so that they wouldn't die, yeah. That, on top of dominating them mentally from across the galaxy 24/7, on the scale of billions compared to Nihilus' mere millions. There's a thousandfold difference between the feats, and Palpatine didn't even have to be physically present on Byss to accomplish his. It was also utterly effortless on his part.

Nihilus is good, but comparing him to Palpatine in any field (yes, even Force Drain) is delusional.

AncientPower
LMFAO. Did you actually try to twist that? laughing out loud

Nihilus' drain was entire leagues more devastating.

AncientPower

Even by SWTOR standards she is confirmed to be extremely powerful. Even mid-game Exile had surpassed Traya as a duelist though, as the Sith herself admits.

AncientPower
What's your reasoning behind best feats in the Mythos? Genuinely curious. I'm trying to gauge Nihilus against Sidious/Valkorian.

Well all of his powers were achieved through raw strength. His insane TK feat; which may well be the best in the mythos given the circumstances, was accomplished before Nihilus' power grew ever stronger by devouring multiple planets. By the time of Telos IV, it is stated that Nihilus had sufficient power to destroy Citadel Station, a greater feat than anything Sidious has done with TK.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
I see the first page of this thread, and I think:

"Is this the so called great debating era of KMC people keep going on about?"

I really hope not, but if it is, then ROFL.

Obviously not.

Azronger
Some bimbos like the Lost and Nai apparently think the 2005 - 2006 were the peak of KMC. But let's be honest here ****ig kbro would've dominated the scene back in the day lmao.

The real peak, from what I saw, was 2014 - 2015.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ehh. Not really.

Azronger
What year was peak KMC

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Whenever Gideon, Faunus, Advent, Nai, and Lightsnake were at the collective height of their powers.

Or, yes, 2014-2015.

Azronger
So 2008? Gideon told me those were the glory days that shall never be lived again

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yes, around 2008. Kmc was at its peak.

The Ellimist
Pre-2007 debating quality was legitimate sh*t tier and pretty much everyone commenting in this thread would wreck almost everyone.

2007-2008 was apparently pretty good, even if some of the views were still a little weird. 2014-2015 too.

Honestly though I'd place good odds on myself, Ant, Skillz, NG, Nova, ILS, Beni, etc. vs. Nai, Lightsnake, etc. (Gideon cancels out I guess) We don't make really long posts but I don't think our debating abilities have gone down and we have fewer cringe posters.

AncientPower
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Whenever Gideon, Faunus, Advent, Nai, and Lightsnake were at the collective height of their powers.

msn-wink

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
And somehow you've been here way longer than all of them.

AncientPower
Right and wrong.

The Merchant
What about Kylo and Snoke?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AncientPower
Right and wrong.

Mother****er.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Azronger
Palpatine needed to drain them slowly so that they wouldn't die, yeah. That, on top of dominating them mentally from across the galaxy 24/7, on the scale of billions compared to Nihilus' mere millions. There's a thousandfold difference between the feats, and Palpatine didn't even have to be physically present on Byss to accomplish his. It was also utterly effortless on his part.

Nihilus is good, but comparing him to Palpatine in any field (yes, even Force Drain) is delusional.
Palpatine employed Drain Life Essence on mass-scale there. Purpose of this technique is to siphon energy of subjects but is not lethal to them.

It is also important to note that Byss was like a focal point of Dark Side energy to Palpatine. It was the only setting where Palpatine could resurrect himself after death. In-fact, I do not recall Palpatine employing Force Drain powers anywhere else.

Darth Nihilus acquired tremendous proficiency in Force Drain powers by virtue of his condition. The technique with which he ravaged Katarr is absolutely different from Drain Life Essence; the technique in question had a cloudy appearance and packed lot of kinetic force.

So...

Azronger
Lol

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant
What about Kylo and Snoke?

In the overall SWU with including everything and what they have currently shown? They aren't anything special, even if just including New Canon though for New Canon there is some room for them, but that's only cause there's no real information in regards to the bigger scope of the Canon SW.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Azronger
Lol
Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Azronger
Lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.