Namor vs. Iceman!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Fight takes place on Long Beach right in from of my shack again.

Who wins?

TheKahn
"Blair Wind" Iceman or normal Iceman? confused

snoopdogg
Originally posted by TheKahn
"Blair Wind" Iceman or normal Iceman? confused Normal one I guess.

Lucid Lui
Normal loses.

Accel
What's "normal" for Bobby any way?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Accel
What's "normal" for Bobby any way? I don't know. I always thought Iceman was Iceman.

Psyquis52
In House of M Iceman took Namor out of the fight.
There has been debates about whether or not that is canon.
Me? I think it's canon. Does anybody have a definate yes or no on whether or not House of M is canon?

Juntai
There's regular iceman, and then there's iceman that all the deluded people believe will freeze your braincells in the first one millionth of a second of the fight starting. And cannot under any circumstances, be killed, or KOed beause he'll just reform. One guy even argued that he could escape a black a hole by moving between drops of moisture. Or escape being teleported to another dimension by the same tactic.

Validus
What's "normal" for Bobby any way?
Losing

backspace
I think normal Iceman can't evaporate the moisture out of a person and air or turn into water vapor because he didn't know he could do it until emma frost revealed it to him. Anyway, namor wins the majority.

Juntai
Originally posted by Psyquis52
In House of M Iceman took Namor out of the fight.
There has been debates about whether or not that is canon.
Me? I think it's canon. Does anybody have a definate yes or no on whether or not House of M is canon? The crossover itself is canon, as it's still affecting 616 today, but the fights therein are the questionable part, because the enire thing was a convoluted mess and its near impossible to tell what was real and what wasn't.

Sixth_Winged
It's canon *probably* since HOMverse is just a re-imagining of 616 itself done by Wanda.

Anyway, it's like pitting Namor's walking weakness against him. A man who control's moisture would suck out all from Namor's body while he is badly needing some of that stuff.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
It's canon *probably* since HOMverse is just a re-imagining of 616 itself done by Wanda.
It may of been legit but how much of it was real? Did Wanda imagine either of them were stronger than they really were? Really, there's no telling what tilt the playing field was on when reality itself was in question.

snoopdogg
Which HOM issue did IM beat Namor?

Psyquis52
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Which HOM issue did IM beat Namor?

He didn't beat him, he just took him out of the fight. You know, froze him.

It was in the Black Panther House of M issues. Apocalypse punched Namor knocking him out of the water and Iceman froze him as soon as he got out.

Then, Iceman was pretty much destroyed by Sunfire.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Juntai
There's regular iceman, and then there's iceman that all the deluded people believe will freeze your braincells in the first one millionth of a second of the fight starting. And cannot under any circumstances, be killed, or KOed beause he'll just reform. One guy even argued that he could escape a black a hole by moving between drops of moisture. Or escape being teleported to another dimension by the same tactic.

What the f**k?

Im the biggest Iceman supporter and Ive never argued that no expression

Bobby still has to think about an attack. So if someone is faster than he is (IE. Flash) they would get the first attack. However, having shown the ability to turn to water, water vapor, being blown apart by an arrow bomb *and not being KOd*, and then reforming from someone elses water, in AoA being able to do the same molecular inversion he does today only he could take others along for the ride (and it was really painful for them as well).

I doubt he could escape a black hole. But to escape being teleported is something else entirely. If he was in his mist form, no one would be able to locate where "he" really was.

On topic, Iceman wins smokin'

How? Same way he beat that demon girl in "hell"
Sucked her dry of mouisture

King KAM
Why doesnt bobby just freeze his legs constantly and then drop about a 200ton block of ice on him?

snoopdogg
Wouldn't the moisture from the ice make Namor stronger?

King KAM
Wouldn't the moisture from the ice make Namor stronger? well if ice gets exceptionally cold, and is kept constant...technically its not moist..actually its pretty dry.

nimrod009
Originally posted by King KAM
well if ice gets exceptionally cold, and is kept constant...technically its not moist..actually its pretty dry.

But it's still a source of H2O, and therefore is likely to strengthen Namor...I can only speculate this however.

Iceman still wins anyhow. There isn't really a way for Namor to permanently put him down, whereas Iceman has the ideal power for putting down Namor. Pretty quickly too I'd imagine.

Loot
iceman

DarkCrawler
Namor can actually adapt to freezing temperatures near-instantly...it's one of his powers.
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9323/adjustingtocold1le.gif

He also doesn't feel anything while he is in space...the temperatures there are near absolute zero.

That said, Iceman wins. Namor can't really hurt him, while Iceman can hurt him.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Namor can actually adapt to freezing temperatures near-instantly...it's one of his powers.

He also doesn't feel anything while he is in space...the temperatures there are near absolute zero.

No offense, DC, but you didn't really address the real method of taking Namor out, which is sucking him completely dry of moisture. This is something Bobby can easily do, and has done so before in the past without much effort. This would render Namor completely helpless, having no moisture at all. And, well, would kill him. It has nothing to do with freezing him or anything.

Accel
He was just making a point is all, since some people brought the idea of Bobby winning by just freezing Namor.

Metalmanx
He was just making a point is all, since some people brought the idea of Bobby winning by just freezing Namor.

Oh. Good point there. Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.

snoopdogg
Good fight yet?

TheKahn
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

that about sums it up for me

snoopdogg
Can Iceman still physically amp himself?

jrodslam
Well just recently Iceman froze Nita in a block of ice. Also, in Nation X i think it was, bobby is shown constantly making fun of Namor at meetings. Namor threatened Bobby, and Iceman immediately threatened him right back.

Also, Iceman would be able to extrac moisture from Namors body. My top 2 faves in Marvel, but Namor doesnt have a way to beat Bobby.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2/xmenvsagentsofatlas0206.th.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3183/nationx001020.th.jpghttp://img40.imageshack.us/img40/833/nationx001022.th.jpg

Mindset
Can Iceman still physically amp himself? Yes, all he does is absorb more water.

TheKahn
Originally posted by jrodslam
Well just recently Iceman froze Nita in a block of ice. Also, in Nation X i think it was, bobby is shown constantly making fun of Namor at meetings. Namor threatened Bobby, and Iceman immediately threatened him right back.

Also, Iceman would be able to extrac moisture from Namors body. My top 2 faves in Marvel, but Namor doesnt have a way to beat Bobby.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2/xmenvsagentsofatlas0206.th.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3183/nationx001020.th.jpghttp://img40.imageshack.us/img40/833/nationx001022.th.jpg

Was he eating a donut-sandwich? drool

redhotrash
Iceman should have this the majority of the time. Namor is very fast, but so are Iceman's powers. I'll agree that basic cold doesnt seem to bother Namor much, but he'd be immobile if the fight progressed. Theres some debate here as to whether or not Iceman can negate the water and essentially dry him out. I'd say yes. If the ice is too cold to be melted by body temp, he really isnt getting any moisture out of it.

Mindset
Iceman could just suck the water out of him, he doesn't have to freeze it.

jrodslam
Originally posted by TheKahn
Was he eating a donut-sandwich? drool

Lol. Probably bagels.

TheKahn
Originally posted by jrodslam
Lol. Probably bagels.

Let me dream! mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.