Ultraviolet (vs) Aeon Flux

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adult Swim Guy
UltraViolet-Set in the late 21st century, a subculture of humans has emerged with a genetic mutation causing enhanced speed, incredible stamina and acute intelligence.

Aeon Flux-400 years in the future,The top operative in the underground 'moaican'she get's set on mission's to kill goverment leader's.

C-Dic
Are we talking movies or characters? Either way, Aeon Flux mops the floor with Not-so-ultraviolet.

Wolfie
Aeon Flux.

Adult Swim Guy
well yes the movie's

WrathfulDwarf
The Bride from Kill Bill beheads both of these chicks.

diabloman
ultraviolet kills anyone hand to hand.

Impediment
Neither. They both were unbelievably terrible.

maddani
ultraviolet we can defi gravity but we still use steering wheels?

C-Dic
Originally posted by diabloman
ultraviolet kills anyone hand to hand.

I figured Ultraviolet could just talk someone to death with her insanely cliche, bad, macho dialogue and low grumbling voice.

Darth Vicious
Aeon Fulx for me. Nothing is worse than Ultraviolet.

office jesus
They both suck.

KharmaDog
Both movies sucked, but Milla is much hotter (at least in my opinon).

GODOFALL1
Can't be as bad as Elektra

MildPossession
Not a fan of either movie, but would rather watch Ultraviolet again over Aeon Flux.

LanceWindu
Both sucked...Ultraviolet gets my vote though.

Stealth Agent
just taking a note, uhh neither these movies are out in dvd, so you all had to of seen them in theaters. Which means they looked appealling enough for you to spend your money.

I aint sayin anything, hell no would i buy a ticket for either'a those movies.

Losty
the aeon flux movie was utter shit
the cartoon own on it

C-Dic
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
just taking a note, uhh neither these movies are out in dvd, so you all had to of seen them in theaters. Which means they looked appealling enough for you to spend your money.

I aint sayin anything, hell no would i buy a ticket for either'a those movies.

"Aeon Flux" was released on DVD on 4/25, and "Ultraviolet" on 6/27.

forumcrew
i just watched ultraviolet today expecting another aeon flux. I was very pleased that it was 100 times better. That being said it still wasnt very good at all. The difference was Ultraviolet at leat had some cool scenes in it, which gave it a big advantage over the crap that was aeon flux. I will always take Charlize Theron over Milla though. Equilibrium owns both.

C-Dic
I, personally, don't get all the resentment towards "Aeon Flux". It took a TOTALLY different approach to Science Fiction in that the society in which Aeon lived wasn't all mechanical. It was a organic , in that I mean that right down to the defense mechanisms, it was natural. Even the grass served as a weapon. That was refreshing. The surroundings were similar to "Equilibrium", although the cartoon predates that by a good decade. The whole passive society angle isn't anything new, anyway. I liked the costume and set design, and when I'm intrigued by the surroundings, I'm more liable to let the flaws in the plot off the hook to an extent. In Sci Fi, everything is a plot hole, so you have to expect it anyway.

Some really solid cinematography and gorgeous choreography in spots. Where as "Ultraviolet" had too many gimmicks. The score changed every 15 seconds, a fight broke out on the cue of the score, the CGI was terrible, the spastic soft filter ruined the look of the movie, Milla Jovovich's lines were garbage and not imposing...and that's in the first 25 minutes of the movie.

....which is subsequently when I looked to my girlfriend and cut it off.

forumcrew
haha yea ultraviolet may have been better off as a silent film, or atleast only sound effects and no lines. I also just watched superman beforehand, which really made the poor cgi in ultraviolet stand out even more for how bad it was. I just remember really not enjoying aeon at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.