Top 5 Favorite Weapons in HALO/HALO 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
mine:

1. M90 8 gauge shotgun
2. MA5B Assault Rifle in HALO 1
3. M6D 12.7mm pistol in HALO 1 w/ 2x scope
4. S2 AM 14.5mm Sniper Rifle
5. Rocket Launcher in HALO 2 which can lock on.

MadMel
1. brute shot (thats the grenade launcher, right?).
2. plasma sword.
3. plasma rifle (duel wield).
4. any sniper rifle.
4. needler.

kamikz
Well it was a long time since I played Halo, but I remember my favourite weapons was the needler, then any sniper rifle in the game....

Stalker 360
Batlle Rifle
M90
Assault Rifle
Dual Smgs
Halo 2 Magnum

Scorpion_Master
Shotgun
Halo 1 pistol
Sniper Rifle (human)
Battle Rifle
Plasma Grenade

IcePunk
Same as above big grin

Scorpion_Master
Originally posted by IcePunk
Same as above big grin thought so big grin stick out tongue they are the best

ninja

DarkC
Halo CE Pistol.
Battle Rifle.
Shotgun.
Rocket launcher.
Frag grenade.

crazy_shadow
human weapons
vehicles
..i dont wanna name anymore cause thats all i like no expression

forumcrew
Sword!
Dual wield smg/plasma

Alpha Centauri
The Laptop Gun.

I'm aware this isn't a Halo gun, but it's better than them, so there.

-AC

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The Laptop Gun.

-AC

You made me break out laughing.

braz
The Laptop Gun.

-AC

lol i love that gun. off Perfect Dark right? i remember u can use it either as a machine gun or deploy it as a gatling gun turret on the wall or somthing.
Happy Dance

i loved that.!!

ChakraStrings
Halo 1 pistol<3 F'ing oath.
Sniper Rifle(doesn't matter, they both pwn)
Plasma Rifle
Shotgun
Battle Rifle

DarkC
The Laptop Gun.

-AC
Yeah, I really had some good times with that piece on the N64.

Dual Callistos were good too.

Meus Amor
In love with the Castillo's?

I think we all are. cool

SpadeKing
scarab gun (though it takes forever to get it)
Sword
battle rifle
sniper rifle
SCORPION tank

braz
scarab gun? u mean the beam ommitter thingy. those things floating around.?

DarkC
Originally posted by braz
scarab gun? u mean the beam ommitter thingy. those things floating around.?
No. He means the secret Scarab Gun.

It looks like a plasma rifle, yet shoots fireballs akin to the mortar bombs Covenant Wraiths launch.

Stalker 360
no it shoots a beam of what the scarab fires or one bomb if you tap the trigger nothing like the tank bomb and all the people who love the ce pistol i have nothing against you but your n00bs sorry its the truth that thing is so over powered

Red Superfly
Clearly all weapons from Halo 1 and 2 will be made redundant with Halo 3's best weapon:

Master Cheifs fully normal-mapped, 100,000 polygon cock, with a retractable armour foreskin.

All this talk about big macho guns and n00bs reminds me of the sheer gaming hell that was the completely retarded sausage-fest of Halo online.

It makes me want to sign up for XBox Live again, just so I can cancel it.

BackFire
The Laptop Gun.

-AC

braz
oh yea and the Brute Plasma rifle's cool too. dual wield those f'in pwns..!!

Meus Amor
Originally posted by DarkC
No. He means the secret Scarab Gun.

It looks like a plasma rifle, yet shoots fireballs akin to the mortar bombs Covenant Wraiths launch. What the f**k? Fireballs? Not really it just looks like the Scarab Beam effect. At least to me. messed

braz
particuarly:

1. Shotgun on HALO 2
2. Rocket launcher on HALO 2
3. Assault Rifle on HALO
4. Pistol w/ scope on HALO
5. Sniper rifle on HALO

cking
1. plasma sword
2. shotgun
3. assault rifle
4. needler
5. sniper rifle

KingDubya
1. Plasma Pistol - Both In the first one, take down their shields with a charged shot, then pull out the assault rifle and mow 'em down. In the second, dual-wield with either the SMG or the Magnum.
2. SMG - Halo 2 I could cause so much mayhem dual-wielding these babies.
3. Assault Rifle - Halo Especially fun in single-player where you could take out a legion of grunts with one clip.
4. Needler - Both These things will be your best friend in Legendary. I especially liked the melee in the first one.
5. Sniper Rifle - Both I like sniper rifles no matter what game it is, because then I can shoot people from across the entire map with ease.

braz
^good point, its just. the reason i dont really care for the plasma pistol or like it all that much is because the bolt moves waay too slow and are thus, easy to dodge at certain distances. but dual wield smg's ARE pretty awesome i gotta admit, i liked the needler on the first HALO, it was pretty badass but the one on HALO 2 just PLAIN SUCKS. its nothing like the one on the first HALO. at all. and yes, like u said, the assault rifle is great for mowin down a pack of grunts, and not only that, and yea the sniper rifles always good to have. it makes someone who feels like theyre safe cuz of a certain distance. to not feel safe. by any means, whatsoever evil face

Blue_Hefner
I just use the sword and needler

braz
one thing that really pisses me off though about HALO 2's weapons is that its not realistic. the SMG's mainly. the SMG's have a 5mm caliber bullet for them which is incredibely weak, especially for a machine pistol(which is what a sub-machine gun is basically). pistols are supposed to(and this is real life, not video games) have a larger caliber, but a smaller casing on the bullet which makes it have a lower velocity but causing it to make a larger wound because of the larger diameter of the bullet. thats pistols- larger caliber, lower velocity-(average: 1000 feet persecond) which makes them more effective at close ranges. now rifles. rifles are supposed to have a smaller caliber but a much larger casing on the bottom of the bullet which gives it incredible velocity-(average: 3000 feet per second) but it makes a smaller hole for the wound, making it more effective at medium to long ranges. thats a rifle. now, lets look at the stats, shall we? last time i checked, like i said before, the SMG's which are like machine pistols and their caliber? a whopping 5mm.! laughing the average caliber for a SMG in the real world? 9mm or 10mm eek! there is no way in hell that would work. 5mm?!?! and now, for the assault RIFLE which is supposed to have a smaller caliber. 7.62mm armor piercing. hmm. wow! thats almost 3mm wider than the machine pistol's(SMG) and it still has a velocity thats 3 times greater.! eek! so if the assault rifle and the SMG's off HALO were made in the real world, the assault rifle would WTFing pwn the shyt out of the SMGs in performace. the SMG's wouldnt be much more effective than an automatic BB gun just to be quite frank and honest. at least against spartan armor like in the game. those tiny little bullets would just fly off that metal on Chief's suit. cuz a BB gun shoots a .17 caliber round which is like 4.5mm at 300 feet per second. so the BB's are just slightly a smaller caliber and 3 times slower. yea. basically an automatic BB gun. pretty pathetic, huh? and it wouldnt make much a difference on the Master Chiefs armor whether its a BB or a 5mm round moving only 3.3 times faster. they would both just bounce off like it was nothing. so. yes. i just had to point that out. big grin

Spartan005
Originally posted by braz
one thing that really pisses me off though about HALO 2's weapons is that its not realistic. the SMG's mainly. the SMG's have a 5mm caliber bullet for them which is incredibely weak, especially for a machine pistol(which is what a sub-machine gun is basically). pistols are supposed to(and this is real life, not video games) have a larger caliber, but a smaller casing on the bullet which makes it have a lower velocity but causing it to make a larger wound because of the larger diameter of the bullet. thats pistols- larger caliber, lower velocity-(average: 1000 feet persecond) which makes them more effective at close ranges. now rifles. rifles are supposed to have a smaller caliber but a much larger casing on the bottom of the bullet which gives it incredible velocity-(average: 3000 feet per second) but it makes a smaller hole for the wound, making it more effective at medium to long ranges. thats a rifle. now, lets look at the stats, shall we? last time i checked, like i said before, the SMG's which are like machine pistols and their caliber? a whopping 5mm.! laughing the average caliber for a SMG in the real world? 9mm or 10mm eek! there is no way in hell that would work. 5mm?!?! and now, for the assault RIFLE which is supposed to have a smaller caliber. 7.62mm armor piercing. hmm. wow! thats almost 3mm wider than the machine pistol's(SMG) and it still has a velocity thats 3 times greater.! eek! so if the assault rifle and the SMG's off HALO were made in the real world, the assault rifle would WTFing pwn the shyt out of the SMGs in performace. the SMG's wouldnt be much more effective than an automatic BB gun just to be quite frank and honest. at least against spartan armor like in the game. those tiny little bullets would just fly off that metal on Chief's suit. cuz a BB gun shoots a .17 caliber round which is like 4.5mm at 300 feet per second. so the BB's are just slightly a smaller caliber and 3 times slower. yea. basically an automatic BB gun. pretty pathetic, huh? and it wouldnt make much a difference on the Master Chiefs armor whether its a BB or a 5mm round moving only 3.3 times faster. they would both just bounce off like it was nothing. so. yes. i just had to point that out. big grin

Dude, you really need to get out more...

braz
Originally posted by Spartan005
Dude, you really need to get out more...

i know right. big grin

Walla Walla
1. Human Sniper Rifle - if handled with skill, turkeys (close range kills with a sniper rifle) are very effective, human sniper rifle because it has two more shots than the covenant sniper rifle, plus sniping is most fun
2. Battle Rifle - bunt+trigger=dead, n00b combo is also good, plus it performs well at close and medium-long range
3. Sword - i know, it's not all that great, but man is it satisfying
4. Plasma Grenades - same as number 3
5. Rocket Launcher - i may be a rocket whore, but at least i have more kills than you

Walla Walla
oops, i forgot about the pistol from the first halo, that was such a good gun, i would say the best of either game when it comes to the power to range ratio.

Coleman Trebor
Meh, Scarab gun isn't even a cannon weapon.

1. M6D psitol, it owns everything in the first one.

2. Assault Rifle

3. Needler

4. Sniper Rifle

5. Beam Rifle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.