Spider-man Blue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sparkz
I finaly managed to find a copy and I gotta say the story was absoloutly brilliant, the only thing I have a problem with was the unbelivable amount of continuity error in the thing, but still a fantastic story, what did you guys think?

Doc Ock
Error?? You mean the re-telling of ASM #40-49??

It is a great story. Loeb and Sale are dynamite together.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Error?? You mean the re-telling of ASM #40-49??

It is a great story. Loeb and Sale are dynamite together.

Glad you agree, and yes that was what i was referring to.

Dan-El
I never got to read the entire series. Personally, I'm saving for Spider-Man/Black Cat by Kevin Smith.

Sparkz
I just wait for everything to come out in trade paper back.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah trade paper back is great for older story arcs. Like Maximum Carnage, which had a lot of issues and the comics are now expensive.

Sparkz
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Yeah trade paper back is great for older story arcs. Like Maximum Carnage, which had a lot of issues and the comics are now expensive.

Yeah but I get everything in trade paperback lol. mainly cause I either get them like that or wait 4 years for them to come out in the UK's reprints, and I am impatient.

H. S. 6
Spider-Man Blue was awesome.

What do you mean by continuity errors?

Sparkz
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Spider-Man Blue was awesome.

What do you mean by continuity errors?

Well lets see when Robbie Robertson was first shown in Spider-man blue he wasn't even working for the Bugle in the original telling of the story. GG losts his memory by spidey tossing him into electrical wires and chemicals, not throwing a bomb back at him, in Spider-man Blue Peter fought the Rhino before meeting MJ where in the original comic he met MJ and took her to the scene on his bike the changed to Spidey to fight Rhino, when he did meet MJ he took her to the scene of a crime on his bike to fight the lizard, Spider-man's fight with Blackie Drago was at the wrong time wrong location wrong circumstance to the orignal story, the fight between Vulture and Blackie Drago was actuly over before Spider-man got there in the original Stor, Spidey also had a sprained arm and was KO'd by the pain and captured by the police, he didnt even beat the vulture realy just forced him to run away. And Spidey fought Kraven because he wanted Norman Osborn to pay the money for attacking Spidey, which was the reason he attacked Harry not because he worse Petes aftershave, just lots of little things like that.

Sparkz
bump smile

Darth Jello
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad

That's true and it isn't.

A lot of the trades, especially the x-men arcs life fall of the mutants and inferno, fail to include tie ins to the trade from spider-man, avengers, daredevil, etc. On the one hand you may say that they are just backup stories to show the enormity of the main arc and they are inconsiquencial to the story.
On the otherhand, sometimes they are very important to the character, or it's just really cool seeing spider-man fight demons from hell and do riot control while the x-men battle apocalpyse, or to see daredevil beat the crap out of sabretooth with one punch in the morlock tunnels.

Mr Parker
I love the spider-man blue comic series.why did those bastards have to end it? They need to make it a permanent series.its just like the good old spidey days from the amazing spider-man when the comic first came out.Brings back a lot of nostalgia memorys.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Sparkz
Well lets see when Robbie Robertson was first shown in Spider-man blue he wasn't even working for the Bugle in the original telling of the story. GG losts his memory by spidey tossing him into electrical wires and chemicals, not throwing a bomb back at him, in Spider-man Blue Peter fought the Rhino before meeting MJ where in the original comic he met MJ and took her to the scene on his bike the changed to Spidey to fight Rhino, when he did meet MJ he took her to the scene of a crime on his bike to fight the lizard, Spider-man's fight with Blackie Drago was at the wrong time wrong location wrong circumstance to the orignal story, the fight between Vulture and Blackie Drago was actuly over before Spider-man got there in the original Stor, Spidey also had a sprained arm and was KO'd by the pain and captured by the police, he didnt even beat the vulture realy just forced him to run away. And Spidey fought Kraven because he wanted Norman Osborn to pay the money for attacking Spidey, which was the reason he attacked Harry not because he worse Petes aftershave, just lots of little things like that.

hahahah i own the graphic novel as well, and I was just about to put all you've put down in terms of continuity errors....glad you did it already, <whew!>

and yea, it was a great, touching story.

Sparkz
Originally posted by SpyCspider
hahahah i own the graphic novel as well, and I was just about to put all you've put down in terms of continuity errors....glad you did it already, <whew!>

and yea, it was a great, touching story.

Well i'm glad someone besides me noticed them lol.Heh I'm Quie tproud I noticed all those plot holes actuly.

And why can't Spidey have simple stories like the good old days anymore, everything has to be a 6 part comic which has a major impact on his life and gets him depressed, why can't he have a simple story where it builds up a plot for a later story and then he goes out and beats up the Rhino or someone, its been to long since I'v seen a story like that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.