Freedom or Religion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
Okay, first you'll ask, "How can you say such a thing? People can still be free with religion. **insult** " so to avoid that, I'll explain if anyone says 'religious freedom' it will be classed as an oxymoron.

First I'll talk about freedom.

Freedom

According to dictionary.com, freedom has over 9 definitions.

They're all pretty much saying 'To do whatever you want.' or more commonly known as 'Independant.'.
Unfortunately no one can be truly 'independant' because we rely on farmers, workers, and the government. So just take note,
"No one can be independant."
So maybe freedom just means, no oppression, no deceit, no discrimination, 'Being treated EQUALLY.'. Now you're probably thinking, "That must mean religion means 'Not treating equally.'.". Well, lets see.

Religion

Now 1, 2 and 4 are irrelevant. (If not, please state why.) But no. 3 is saying "Beliefs based on a leader." But how can you be sure that the beliefs are by the person you think? Did Jesus say, "All blacks and slaves are inferior?" Did Muhammed say "Kill the non-believers"? I don't think so. Religion has evolved from a philosophical theory, to a stubborn belief system. It being stubborn would suggest they only believe the first assumption, and if that assumption is wrong, then we're screwed. But how can the assumption be wrong in the first place? Well here's a little demonstration I made.

1. I believe this fascinating person is right and you don't so I'm right.
2. If I make you believe him you are right, but until then you are wrong.
3. If you are wrong and I am right, I must be better than you.

That is discrimination. Which could lead to segregation, slavery, and detention. Anyone can see that that is against freedom. So now we can say,
"Religion is an antonym of freedom."

Question

So which is it? Are you willing to give up your beliefs for freedom? Or are you going to give up your freedom for what you believe in.? Or others freedom? Choose wisely and give your reasons. Or if you think I'm talking bullshit, please explain why. Thank you.

lord xyz
Damn, forgot to check yes, for a poll disgust

Storm
Duplicate thread.

Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.