New Jedi Order ...so far

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Yerssot gave me a good idea.....though many have had this idea before.
The list of NJO published material so far is:
1. Vector Prime (by R.A. Salvatore)
2. Dark Tide I: Onslaught (by Mike A. Stackpole)
3. Dark Tide II: Ruin by (by Mike A. Stackpole)
4. Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (By James Luceno)
5. Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse (by James Luceno)
6. Balance Point (by Kathy Tyers)
Recovery....e-book (by Troy Denning)
7. Edge of Victory I: Conquest (by Greg Keyes)
8. Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (by Greg Keyes)
9. Star by Star (by Troy Denning)
"Emissary of the Void" short story in SW Gamer 8,9,10 by (Greg Keyes)
10. Dark Journey (by Elaine Cunningham)
"The Apprentice" short story in SW Gamer 8 (by Elaine Cunningham)
11. Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream (by Aaron Allston)
12. Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand (by Aaron Allston)
13. Traitor (by Matthew Woodring Stover)

when we know more I'll post more wink

yerssot
thanks Julie smile

so I actually started halfway...
well, if I get the chance, I'll go from 8 to 9 and so on, only later, I'll ask for the others...money problems sad

Julie
yeah I know what you mean. That's ok.....when all of the books are finally out then you can read the whole series in order........it'll be a few more years I think...maybe by that time you'll have collected them all wink

yerssot
think I'll skip 9 and 10 perhaps...

Julie
eek! Don't do that....it wouldn't be the whole story then!!!
Star By Star had some crucial plot points.....Dark Journey is good but not essential....you could "put off" reading it and still understand the story, but don't skipp Star By Star if you can help it

yerssot
ah! thanks for the tip smile
I'll ask to bring it, and ask for looking out for Enemy Lines I & II

how's traitor? essential? and enemy lines?

LanceWindu
Do not skip Star By Star at all!!!

It's IMHO the best one of the whole series.

There are many crucial parts to the whole series that happen in that book.

Julie
true....as for traitor...some important things are happening...but it prob isn't absolutely essetial that you read it....it's a great book but it focuses very strongly on Jacen Solo....I believe the events are crucial but prob enough details will be included in future books for a newbie to pick up on events

yerssot
hiha!
dad came back! GOT 4 NJO BOOKS!

Star by Star (in real hardcover! damn big book!!!! I'll enjoy reading THAT one for sure!)
Dark Journey (paperback)
Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream (paperback)
Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand (paperback)

not bad huh? Think next time I'll ask him to buy a few less though... not pushing it too much

have to finish the AOTC novel first!

Julie
Wow you really did get some good books.....Those should keep you busy for awhile. Star by Star's length was awesome!

yerssot
absolutely, was amazed by the size of the book in hardcover!
thought it costed more then another hardcover one!

Julie
That's the good part.....A 200pg hardcover and a 600 pg hardcover usu cost about the same price

Dexx
k..just came back..bought 9 NJO books. I know not much of an order bu..here they are:
1. Vector prime
2. Dark tide I
3. Dark tide II
4. Agents of chaos I
5. Agents of chaos II
6. Balance point
7. Dark journey
8. Traitor
9. Rebel dream
So..how are they...and what did i miss....cause these were the only ones i could find....the did have IIs but i didn't take em if i didn't find the I.

Julie
great choices in books but you did miss Conquest and Rebirth and Star By Star....these are key books to the series, but start from the beginning...by the time you're ready for Conquest you should be able to get it. Oh and you missed Recovery...an e-book, but I haven't read it yet and it hasn't detracted from my enjoyment of the series...BTW when did you buiy all those books eek!

Dexx
last night...and i think these will be my only ones...today i'm going back to romania and i don't expect i should be finding them there

yerssot
yayyy SBS! and then off to the others! if I find time

Corran
I've got and read all the NJO, except for the EBooks, maybe I should get them too.

Dexx
the cover makes a book big grin .....j/k

yerssot
with any luck it's out in two weeks now

Julie
What's out?....and Corran, I would recommend that you read the e-books...I really want to...but I just haven't gotten around to it. I should probably read Recovery first
WHere did you get all those NJO books, Dexx?

Corran
Tried to purchase one of the ebooks from random house but they cannot sell them to people outside the US.

yerssot
that's just stupid!

Corran
I know I am, Doh, I mean I know it is.

Julie
That is rather strange...I mean it's an online book anyway. Oh well, I can get it...BTW which did you try to buy??? The best I can do for you guys is buy it and put spoilers here.

Corran
I tried to buy the newer one, couldn't find the older one, where might I find that because that may be available outside US.

yerssot
nope, the best you could do is upload it here wink

Dexx
there was a store called chapters i think

Julie
If you can get your hand on a new printing of SBS, you will also get the e0book recovery as a bonus....therefore if you can get to a borders or a barnes and noble or someother major book seller you have a good chance of getting to read Recovery...as for Yelsia....

Dexx
i'm not in Canada anymore..so i can't find them here

yerssot
back to 56KpS stick out tongue

Julie
What's wrong with that?????

yerssot
now you won't speed around the net like me! with my F1-like DSL big grin

Dexx
yerss..i almost forgot...almost. It's terrible...but..it seems i'm gettin cable here too..soon...if the network lies through my neighbourhood.

yerssot
probably not

btw, which part are you from?

Julie
confused huh?.....is it that important to have fast computer?...I guess that's a silly ques... stick out tongue

yerssot
yes, 'cause I'm very frustrated when working on a slow comp!

anywayz... yayyy! chapter 27 now of SBS

Dexx
it's not important to have a fast computer...( well..in the acceptable limit) but a fast connection.
And yerss....are ya familliar with the Bucharest neighbourhoods?

yerssot
I have family there, I think

Dexx
yes..but you wouldn't know it that well....

yerssot
not personally no

Julie
I think my laptop is a lot faster than my computer at home. I'm glad that you are getting further along in SBS, BTW do you own DJ?

yerssot
yup, I got 4 books after SBS on my room to read

Julie
good good....you'll be enjoying Star Wars for a long long time then

Dexx
been throwin my eyes over vector prime for a sec...didn't start reading it yet...must say....i'm not too impressed. Maybe when i get farther in the book.

Julie
Don't let the cover scare you away......and BTW Vector Prime was not the best of them...of course it all depends on you own opinion but personally the NJO series has gotten a lot better in recent books.....listen to the tapes if you feel lazy

LanceWindu
I can't listen to the tapes.

It messes up my thought process, because in my mind I can imagine what their voices sound like. And I don't want to get confused with different voices.

Julie
huh,.....ahhh....ok...I understand. I like to listen to the books on tape anyway...I wonder if they have dramatized versions...I never checked on that. I asked my library to buy Destiny's Way on tape.

ryamathart
Is destinys way the new Njo book?

LanceWindu
Yes

Julie
yes....and it's a good book....read it read it....I can't guarrentee you'll like it, but I know I did and I've read lots of Star Wars books...I can't even say if it's the best of the NJO....I doubt it, but it was still very good

Corran
It's good, but not the best.

Julie
my sentiments....so which one is your favorite....I liked Rebel Dream....though I guess you could say that I like them all...only one of them made me mad in the end.

Corran
I suppose I like most, but Traitor sticks in my mind. Which one made you mad in the end?

Julie
Traitor was good, but strangely written.
I forget the exact book that made me mad...it was one of the Agents of Chaos or Dark Tide duologies....I read them so long ago that they are all running together though. I remember Anakin was going to fire centerpoint, but Jacen stopped him and their idiot of an uncle fired anyway and killed a lot of Hapans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.