Could the Island be Hell?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OhILuvHP
Ok, so this is what i was thinking. What is the island were Hell? And Desmund is the Devil. Because in the first season, he says "see ya in another life, brother." what if he meant hell?

Darth Macabre
No....sorry.

Imperial_Samura
So... how does just saying "see you in another life" equal Desmond being the Devil?

Of course there have been some debate about whether the losties are actually dead and working towards judgement or something, but I don't think Hell is likely. Some people are happy there, it has cured some, and really, not all of them are bad people (most even)

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
So... how does just saying "see you in another life" equal Desmond being the Devil?

Of course there have been some debate about whether the losties are actually dead and working towards judgement or something, but I don't think Hell is likely. Some people are happy there, it has cured some, and really, not all of them are bad people (most even)

Them being dead has already been debunked by J.J. Abrams.

steverules
I dom't think they are dead and I definatly don't think it's hell

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Darth Macabre

I know, though it doesn't seem to stop people thinking it could still be the case. It's as if they don't trust Abrams.

Another theory that seems to have become popular of late (at least in Australia) is that they could be in the Bermuda triangle, what with the electromagnetism and all that. I personally think that would be a bit to cliched, everything else aside.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I know, though it doesn't seem to stop people thinking it could still be the case. It's as if they don't trust Abrams.

Another theory that seems to have become popular of late (at least in Australia) is that they could be in the Bermuda triangle, what with the electromagnetism and all that. I personally think that would be a bit to cliched, everything else aside.

I've heard that as well...But I pay no mind to it...After all, they were only a few hundred miles off course (And they were around Hawaii)...So I'd doubt they'd fly all the way across South America and crash.

SlickRick69
maybe there are 3 'Bermuda Triangle regions' the famous one, the one where the Losties are, and another one, at some equidistant triagulated point between the other 2 on the other side of the world, so they form this weird new triangle type thing between themselves!

or else, maybe there are at least 2 funky regions like that, the Bermuda triangle in the Atlantic and the Beluga triangle in the Pacific region, or something assnine like that??because 3 wacky regions would be just too too many!!

woody82
Nope not hell, but it could be the trail that some face after they die to get into heaven can't remember what its called though, and everyones there trying to get into heaven not knowing it and the people who die have either got into heaven or gone to hell.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by woody82
Nope not hell, but it could be the trail that some face after they die to get into heaven can't remember what its called though, and everyones there trying to get into heaven not knowing it and the people who die have either got into heaven or gone to hell. Originally posted by Darth Macabre

willRules
I think that the island is a huge testing ground for the DHARMA initiative and that different bunkers like the one they are in are set up over the island.

One bunker was for experiments in electromagnetism (This is the one they all first found and it explain why screwy stuff hapens to metal things in there)

Another bunker deals with animal testing. I reckon this bunker isn't operational anymore . This explains the whole polar bear mystery.

One bunker deals with maths and stuff. This explains the numbers.

One bunker deals with genes and human anotamy etc. This explains where the others came from. They are experiments who escaped. So that bunker isn't working anymore.

There are presumably other bunkers realting to the monster on the island and other mystery.

The electromagnetism from the bunker they found drew the metal in and on the plane to the island and that's why they crashed In my opinion.

It's just my theory anyway smile

OhILuvHP
oh god....i REALLy hope its not the bermuda triangle-not creative at all )dont take it personally)

dontgointhere
No. I have spoken to the Marketing Director of Hell, one Stephen King, and he says no.
But Mr. King would love to write a guest episode.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.