Proof that Jesus exists not existed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive
Acts 7:51-60
You stubborn and stiff-necked people, still heathen and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you are always actively resisting the Holy Spirit. As your forefathers , so you !

Which of the prophets did your forefathers not persecute? And they slew those who proclaimed beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, Whom you now have betrayed and murdered--

You who received the Law as it was ordained and set in order and delivered by angels, and you did not obey it!

Now upon hearing these things, they were cut to the heart and infuriated, and they ground their teeth against .

But he, full of the Holy Spirit and controlled by Him, gazed into heaven and saw the glory (the splendor and majesty) of God, and Jesus standing at God's right hand;

And he said, Look! I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing at God's right hand!

But they raised a great shout and put their hands over their ears and rushed together upon him.

Then they dragged him out of the city and began to stone him, and the witnesses placed their garments at the feet of a young man named Saul.

And while they were stoning Stephen, he prayed, Lord Jesus, receive and accept and welcome my spirit!

And falling on his knees, he cried out loudly, Lord, fix not this sin upon them ! And when he had said this, he fell asleep .

Another person who saw Jesus after His crucifixion and resurrection from the dead.

Justbyfaith
JesusIsAlive,

This is great! But I find many on this forum do not trust the scriptures as you and I do. The fact that the Apostle Paul said there were over 500 brethren at once who saw him and he said many were alive to that day when he wrote! This awsome fact gave people in the 1st. century the opportunity to question many eye witnesses who saw Jesus after He was crucified and buried! Happy Dance

JesusIsAlive
Acts 9:1-5

Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest

and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven. 4 Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?”
And he said, “Who are You, Lord?”
Then the Lord said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It is hard for you to kick against the goads.”

Paul the apostle's encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ after His crucifixion and resurrection from the dead.

debbiejo
This thread is scaring me..... sad

The Omega
Can you supply ANY proof not in a religious text?
If A religious text is proof, then Mohammed IS the prophet, Buddha achieved enlightenment, Ra is the Sungod etc. etc. etc.
Or prove to me that the Bible is an infalliable document.

JesusIsAlive

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by The Omega
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAmljaj5stA

debbiejo
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAmljaj5stA xmark.........you always amaze me with your miracles.....I will worship you now................lol cool

Justbyfaith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAmljaj5stA

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

Galatians 6:7

debbiejo
Is god going to make US dance around naked and laugh at us????. eek!......I'd be ok with that.....I guess I'd be the better person then...

JesusIsAlive

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by debbiejo
xmark.........you always amaze me with your miracles.....I will worship you now................lol cool Do not worship me, I am but a servant... worship only the true god...

http://www.my-family-fun.com/pictures/Downloadgames/Spot'sBusyDayPic1.jpg

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
With all due respect Omega. You are not the Omega. Jesus Christ is the Omega. I know it is just a Forum name that you've adopted so don't get offended.

Happy Dance

Christ is Alpha and Omega....Beginning and End...First and Last...

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Justbyfaith
Happy Dance I love it when people are gently put in proper placement.

debbiejo
Do not worship me, I am but a servant... worship only the true god...

http://www.my-family-fun.com/pictures/Downloadgames/Spot'sBusyDayPic1.jpg I heard god is interactive............If you reach out and touch him he plays with you.........look! http://www.funwithspot.com/house.asp?locale=US .. eek!

Happy Dance

Christ is Alpha and Omega....Beginning and End...First and Last... Silly people......so are all the other gods.......

xmarksthespot
I hear if you scratch him just right his leg kicks reflexively.

Justbyfaith
With all due respect Omega. You are not the Omega. Jesus Christ is the Omega. I know it is just a Forum name that you've adopted so don't get offended.
Just look around: you have more proof at your fingertips and within earshot of you than you need or could ever ask for, but it is still not enough. For you seeing is believing. However, you see and yet you still do not believe.

Omega has probably seen more prove of the existance of God than most people on these threads. I dis-agree JesusIsAlive that it is not believing. The Apostle Paul calls it "suppress the truth". It is a choice to silence God and to turn away from Him.

JesusIsAlive
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0055/0055_01.asp (we descended from apes?)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0020/0020_01.asp (am I a fool?)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1021/1021_01.asp (what?)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1002/1002_01.asp (I do know it all)

JesusIsAlive
You're exactly right Justbyfaith.

debbiejo
Noooooooooooo not the Chick booklets...........those are lies from the devil, who btw doesn't exist.
I don't like it when he licks me without my permission... sad

JesusIsAlive
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0016/0016_01.asp (Buddah?)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp (islam?)
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1004/1004_01.asp (islam??)
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1011/1011_01.asp (islam???)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0070/0070_01.asp (hinduism?)

A picture is worth a thousand words!

xmarksthespot
You're exactly right Justbyfaith. How nice. The sock account is making friends.

I sense god's furry hand at play.

debbiejo
How nice. The sock account is making friends. laughing out loud schizophrenia in the RF.......someone call a doctor!!

BTW I hate those chick tracts.........they are really really evil...and very disturbing and anyone that would hand out one of those is not Jesus like.......He would never send those kinds of messages. Expecially to children.......

Justbyfaith
How nice. The sock account is making friends.

I think you are just shocked to find two christians in the Religion forum. laughing

JesusIsAlive

Justbyfaith
How nice. The sock account is making friends.

Maybe you might want to just watch your mocking video clip over and over and over and over again until you feel better?

debbiejo

Justbyfaith
Are you like a crazy person??? laughing out loud

The Serpent and what we would call Satan are 2 different things...the king or prince of Tyre is that and only that.....Other stories are only mythology, just as Lucifer is...The morning star is only the planet Venus...etc..

The Jews don't believe in Satan. Satan is only a word that the church used as a scare tactic to get money from the people............The NT books were written around the Jewish Wars and everyone was called Satan if you weren't on their side.

debbiejo,

By chance where you a believer? If so, did something go terribly wrong that made you not only fall from the faith but become boldly accusing of it?

debbiejo
debbiejo,

By chance where you a believer? If so, did something go terribly wrong that made you not only fall from the faith but become boldly accusing of it? Yes, It's called research... smart

And I don't hate anybody, but I sure do hate to see other people manipulated and not even realizing it.

JesusIsAlive

debbiejo
I did not learn this by my college professors........I studied it out myself and it took many years.......I was raised Christian and was a very good one..........I am not an atheist. I do believe there is something much much grander than what the Bible or any other books teach.....

JesusIsAlive

debbiejo
Prove it is a true account...It's metaphorical....There are similar older stories in other mythologies.

You never told me where Moses talked about HELL for breaking the law...

JesusIsAlive
Prove first to me that it is not. You see, whenever the Lord Jesus told a parable he never once used proper names of individuals. He was always very unspecific. In this account Jesus used three names: Abraham, Lazarus, and Moses. Debbiejo this is not a parable or mythology.

JesusIsAlive
Proverbs 14:7
Go from the presence of a foolish man (or woman), When you do not perceive in him (or her) the lips of knowledge.

debbiejo
Jesus taught messages in stories. His messages were generally to be kind to one another.....And yes there is a Gehenna.

Gehenna was a well-known locality near Jerusalem, and ought no more to be translated Hell, than should Sodom or Gomorrah. See Josh. 15: 8; II Kings 17: 10; II Chron. 28: 3; Jer. 7: 31, 32; 19: 2.

Gehenna is never employed in the Old Testament to mean anything else than the place with which every Jew was familiar.

The word should have been left untranslated as it is in some versions, and it would not be misunderstood. It was not misunderstood by the Jews to whom Jesus addressed it

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive

debbiejo
So you answer to my question of "Why didn't Moses at least teach against Hell since he brought down the law" Telling them about the penalty of breaking it is this??

Did god forget to tell Moses about the penalty???

Templares
For a Christian preacher, using "love and care" tactics, followed by select passages from a book with dubious accuracy like the Bible, in order to convince and convert a skeptic, much less an atheist, is like trying to pick a coin on the floor using your ass crack.

debbiejo
Well I'm not an atheist, and I do have to argue that the Bible isn't very accurate......there are many discrepancies.....and I am very open minded on here...

Trickster
I despise those Chick cartoon strips. If God, and the truth of Christianity, is so self-evident, why is it necessary to manipulate people - children - into believing it? And not only that, making them afraid of God and scared of taking up another faith. They actually disgust me.

Debbiejo - you're not going to get an answer. All JBF will do is quote some more scripture at you from the NT. He has little understanding that people can see all he is trying to do is get around the tricky questions by answering unasked ones. It's kinda pathetic, but there it is.

JesusIsAlive

debbiejo

JesusIsAlive

Trickster
So everybody before Jesus went to Heaven?

debbiejo

The Omega
Annnnddd... No proof yet that the Christian Jesus ever existed?

debbiejo
True......It seems the man Jesus was a conglomerate of many past god heros. Though there could of been a man named Jesus, but they sure did do something to him...

Trickster
Annnnddd... No proof yet that the Christian Jesus ever existed?

Certainly no proof he exists now.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Trickster
So everybody before Jesus went to Heaven?

No, not everyone.

Trickster
Where did the others go? Debbiejo's right, it's quite a conspicious absence, Hell.

DigiMark007
From the link in the opening post in this thread:

SHOCKING UTTERANCES SUCH AS THESE ARE THE PRODUCT OF HUMAN REASON! To the natural mind the Bible is merely a book of tales and stories, and fabulous solutions to the question of human origin and destiny.

Of all the things about fanatical religion, it's stuff like this that scares me most. Heaven forbid we use our God-given reason!

I have no problem with 99% of all religions....except phrases (and thinking) like that.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Trickster
Where did the others go? Debbiejo's right, it's quite a conspicious absence, Hell.

Yes, hell.

debbiejo
Moses never said that. They only died. They went to sleep as Jesus called it....

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive
Deuteronomy 32:22
For a fire is kindled in My anger,And shall burn to the lowest hell; It shall consume the earth with her increase, And set on fire the foundations of the mountains

Moses is the author of the first five books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). Well would you look at that. I guess Moses did mention Hell after all. happy

zephiel7
LOL JesusIsAlive

I understand what you are trying to say, and you *seem* like a pleasant enough fellow, but I am afraid those funny comic strips aren't going to convert anyone to christianity.

Some poorly animated clips are hardly what determines whether a nonbeliever will become a christian. The decision is purely personal. Religion is not something that can be proven because it is based on someone's inner faiths and beliefs, not on scientific evidence.

I'm a second year biotechnology student, and have studied evolution, and read the bible. As I see it, the bible presents a figurative explanation about the creation of the world and the universe, not a scientific explanation. Jesus mentioned somewhere in the bible that the reason he used parables is so that the *devil* cannot corrupt His message. Metaphors and symbols do not negatively affect the truth the bible carries at all! I repeat the bible carries the TRUTH to how we should live. It teaches us how to be good human beings.

The bible was intended to be a book of morals, a way for human beings to live their lives. That is far from a scientific textbook. For a christian I ask this question, if God gifted humanity with curiosity, then why create a book that simply gives ALL the answers about HOW the universe was created? The spark of curiosity and creativity that God *gave* men and women can only be sated by exploring the universe that God created. We humans, in attempt to satisfy that creative spark have devised methods ie., scientific method.

I ask everyone to read the bible. It will give you an appreciation for Christianity at the very least. Many people nowadays simply bible bash without even truly understanding the material they are bashing.

The big EH
http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.show/CT/ACCC/k/825

Just another link to peruse.

According to the Bible Jesus is God, the Creator of all life, space, time, matter, things visible and things invisible (gravity, chemicals, and other properties that we cannot see). The insects, animal kingdom, complex human anatomy, world, universe and everything that you see is proof of Jesus existence because He created it all.

Scripture references:

Psalm 19:1-2
THE HEAVENS (universe) declare the glory of God; and the firmament (atmosphere around earth) shows and proclaims His handiwork. Day after day pours forth speech, and night after night shows forth knowledge.

Romans 1:19-20
For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God has shown it to them. For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So are without excuse ,

Colossians 1:16-17
For by Him (Jesus Christ) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Ephesians 3:9
and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;

Hebrews 1:2-3
has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself but wheres the proof that jesus made it you bible geek

debbiejo
Deuteronomy 32:22
For a fire is kindled in My anger,And shall burn to the lowest hell; It shall consume the earth with her increase, And set on fire the foundations of the mountains

Moses is the author of the first five books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy). Well would you look at that. I guess Moses did mention Hell after all. happy If you put that verse in its proper context it is speaking metaphorically about war and vengeance.......See?

20And he said, I will hide my face from them,

I will see what their end shall be:

For they are a very perverse generation,

Children in whom is no faithfulness.

21They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God;

They have provoked me to anger with their vanities:

And I will move them to jealousy with those that are not a people;

I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

22For a fire is kindled in mine anger,

And burneth unto the lowest Sheol,

And devoureth the earth with its increase,

And setteth on fire the foundations of the mountains.

23I will heap evils upon them;

I will spend mine arrows upon them:

24They shall be wasted with hunger, and devoured with burning heat

And bitter destruction;

And the teeth of beasts will I send upon them,

With the poison of crawling things of the dust.

25Without shall the sword bereave,

And in the chambers terror;

It shall destroy both young man and virgin,

The suckling with the man of gray hairs.

26I said, I would scatter them afar,

I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men;

Sheol means only death... smile

peejayd
* all things are NOT created BY Christ...

* all things are created THROUGH Christ... wink

IceDragon
JesusisAlive, just hope and pray that the rapture occurs before any of these people die, because they will see such miracles that they will either turn to christ or the antichrist, hopefully the first. How could you see the judgements god will rain upon the earth during the tribulation and not turn to him. I just hope the rapture happens soon.

JesusIsAlive
I agree IceDragon.

debbiejo
Originally posted by IceDragon
JesusisAlive, just hope and pray that the rapture occurs before any of these people die, because they will see such miracles that they will either turn to christ or the antichrist, hopefully the first. How could you see the judgements god will rain upon the earth during the tribulation and not turn to him. I just hope the rapture happens soon. Jesus never taught the secret Rapture either. roll eyes (sarcastic)

JesusIsAlive
The Bible--God's Holy, Infallible, living Word--was never intended to be a scientific textbook, but a revelatory work designed to disclose God's will for humanity. In addition to this His (God's) plan for our salvation.

JesusIsAlive
Jesus never taught the secret Rapture either. roll eyes (sarcastic)

He didn't have to, He gave that assignment to the apostle Paul.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

JesusIsAlive
I can't wait for the catching away of the church (i.e. the rapture)!

jaden101
as steven wells says...god...the most unorginal name for a god, ever.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by peejayd
* all things are NOT created BY Christ...

* all things are created THROUGH Christ... wink

Colossians 1:12-17
12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Deano
jesus is a sun symbol.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by jaden101
as steven wells says...god...the most unorginal name for a god, ever.

God is not a name it is more a description. His Name is YHWH. The most original name in existence.

jaden101
God is not a name it is more a description. His Name is YHWH. The most original name in existence.

sounds welsh...is God welsh?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by zephiel7
LOL JesusIsAlive

I understand what you are trying to say, and you *seem* like a pleasant enough fellow, but I am afraid those funny comic strips aren't going to convert anyone to christianity.

Some poorly animated clips are hardly what determines whether a nonbeliever will become a christian. The decision is purely personal. Religion is not something that can be proven because it is based on someone's inner faiths and beliefs, not on scientific evidence.

I'm a second year biotechnology student, and have studied evolution, and read the bible. As I see it, the bible presents a figurative explanation about the creation of the world and the universe, not a scientific explanation. Jesus mentioned somewhere in the bible that the reason he used parables is so that the *devil* cannot corrupt His message. Metaphors and symbols do not negatively affect the truth the bible carries at all! I repeat the bible carries the TRUTH to how we should live. It teaches us how to be good human beings.

The bible was intended to be a book of morals, a way for human beings to live their lives. That is far from a scientific textbook. For a christian I ask this question, if God gifted humanity with curiosity, then why create a book that simply gives ALL the answers about HOW the universe was created? The spark of curiosity and creativity that God *gave* men and women can only be sated by exploring the universe that God created. We humans, in attempt to satisfy that creative spark have devised methods ie., scientific method.

I ask everyone to read the bible. It will give you an appreciation for Christianity at the very least. Many people nowadays simply bible bash without even truly understanding the material they are bashing.

The Bible--God's Holy, Infallible, living Word--was never intended to be a scientific textbook, but a revelatory work designed to disclose God's will for humanity. In addition to this His (God's) plan for our salvation.

Magee
Why is it so hard for you to accept other people have different beliefs from your own?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Magee
Why is it so hard for you to accept other people have different beliefs from your own?

My beliefs are always predicated on God's Word--nothing else.

jaden101
My beliefs are always predicated on God's Word--nothing else.

you must be a politician

cking
he is too honest to be a politician.

JesusIsAlive
I quote the Bible because I am absolutely, positively, unequivocally, convinced and sold out on the fact that it--the Bible--is God's Word. Notice something folks. I have several hundred posts to my credit since becoming a member of this forum and not once have I called anyone any names. I have addressed you all by your forum names, used with all due respect frequently in some of my replies, and just done my best to remain civil. I have been accused of being stupid, cussed out on this forum repeatedly and called everything but by forum name on several occasions. I have been repeatedly criticized, demeaned, and ganged up on. Some of you have remained mature and treated me with respect. Just because I am solid in my faith does not mean that I do not respect anyone. I do respect all of you but I will not change what I believe.

Jesus Christ is the True God and eternal life, was crucified for the world's sins, buried, and raised from the dead. No other Person has been more maligned, hated, and blasphemed more than God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), or God the Holy Spirit. People use God in conjuction with profanity, "God_______." They use the Name of Jesus Christ like it is an interjection (e.g. Jesus Christ!). The say the Holy Spirit's Name in contempt as well (e.g., Holy______ or Holy that or Holy this). No other religious leaders names even come up in those kinds of contexts (i.e., curse words, interjections, and other blasphemous contexts). I have never heard anyone say, "Mohammed this! or Buddah that!" in any profane way. I have never heard anyone say the devil's name in a disrespectful way either. This ought to at least hint to the fact that Jesus must be the one, true, God after all. Just think about it. We say B.C. (i.e. before Christ, not B.S., before satan, or B.M., before Mohammed, or B.J.S., before Joseph Smith, or B.B, before Buddah). Why not? Again just more clues that perhaps Jesus is the true God. Anyhoo just thought that I'd share that with you all.

Let get myself ready for the backlash.

Trickster
The point being made is that even though you may be convinced that Christianity is 100% correct, most of the people you quote the Bible to don't agree with you.

You have given no evidence as to why the Bible is correct, nor why you believe it (except "look around you"wink. Many other religions could be just as right as yours. If you prove that the Bible is 100% correct, then feel free to quote passages from it as fact. The thing is, you can't.

(On a side note, I don't think you can say that when somebody says something like "holy shit", they are taking the name of the Holy Spirit. And when people say something like Goddamn, they aren't hating God, rather they are calling upon to God to damn whatever it is they are talking about.)

Storm
Some believers just accept what they are taught by religious leaders and don' t go any further. A person who is so devoid of real standards is hardly in any position to ask why other people don' t agree with their religion. Some do engage in some critical thinking, but they apply their skepticism principally to other religions and much less to their own. They engage in a clear double-standard which doesn' t seem to bother them. Whatever skepticism is applied to another religion, it should be applied to one' s own as well. People are inclined to overemphasize evidence that favors their beliefs, and ignore evidence that disconfirms their beliefs. It' s difficult to be critical of what you believe, but it is important to try.

debbiejo
He didn't have to, He gave that assignment to the apostle Paul.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. Yeah, Paul the HERETIC!!!.............Jesus though may have been edited was talking about the second coming.......not a secret Rapture where we will be left behind.......That is a later teaching that came into effect in the latter 1800's................

debbiejo
He didn't have to, He gave that assignment to the apostle Paul.So what you are saying is you are a worshipper of Paul them..........Of course you are........it's called the Pauline Doctrine.....Not the words of Jesus. And what I have said Jesus never taught a secret Rapture.....

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by IceDragon
How could you see the judgements god will rain upon the earth during the tribulation and not turn to him.

Many unbelievers will continue what they do even during the time of God's Judgements on a unbelieving earth:

But the rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues, DID NOT REPENT of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. And they DID NOT REPENT of their murders or their sorceries of their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 9:20-21

Sad isn't it?

Shakyamunison
Many unbelievers will continue what they do even during the time of God's Judgements on a unbelieving earth:

But the rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues, DID NOT REPENT of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk. And they DID NOT REPENT of their murders or their sorceries of their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 9:20-21

Sad isn't it?

Untrue isn't it. big grin

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Untrue isn't it. big grin

I wish it were untrue. What I frightfull look into the future and mankinds rebellion against God.

Shakyamunison
I wish it were untrue. What I frightfull look into the future and mankinds rebellion against God.

You will never see it happen. Your children will never see it happen. Their children will never see it, and their children will never see it.

Justbyfaith
You will never see it happen. Your children will never see it happen. Their children will never see it, and their children will never see it.

never? Shaky...have you been ordained as a Joseph Smith type modern day prophet? stick out tongue

Shakyamunison
never? Shaky...have you been ordained as a Joseph Smith type modern day prophet? stick out tongue

Well, when you are an old man, remember this.

Justbyfaith
Well, when you are an old man, remember this.

Just curious, who does buddah say Jesus is?

A man?
A prophet?
Lord?
God?
Liar?
Lunatic?

Shakyamunison
Just curious, who does buddah say Jesus is?

A man?
A prophet?
Lord?
God?
Liar?
Lunatic?

Buddha was 300 years before Jesus. Some say that Jesus was a reincarnation of Buddha, but I don't think so.

Justbyfaith
Buddha was 300 years before Jesus. Some say that Jesus was a reincarnation of Buddha, but I don't think so.

Interesting...

Shakyamunison
Interesting...

The teachings of the Lotus sutra, written 300 years before Jesus, agrees with the teaching of Jesus. The truth is the truth.

Justbyfaith
The teachings of the Lotus sutra, written 300 years before Jesus, agrees with the teaching of Jesus. The truth is the truth.

At least someone here thinks there's such a thing as truth. laughing laughing out loud eek! rolling on floor laughing big grin

Shakyamunison
At least someone here thinks there's such a thing as truth. laughing laughing out loud eek! rolling on floor laughing big grin

To each their own level of understanding. You cannot understand the truth, because you and I are the truth.

Justbyfaith
To each their own level of understanding. You cannot understand the truth, because you and I are the truth.

Well, I hung in there as long as I could... laughing

Shakyamunison
Well, I hung in there as long as I could... laughing

Sorry, some things are difficult to talk about. big grin

zephiel7

Then why do people argue for creatonism? God speaks to us via the bible not to communicate scientific fact, but issues of morality.

Darth_Hexus
how about finding things to disprove the bible?
it can't be done.

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Darth_Hexus
how about finding things to disprove the bible?
it can't be done.

Your right, it has withstood the test of time. Happy Dance

Darth_Hexus
you know that they even found the dead sea scrolls that were ancient and the bible is the only religious book to be reproduced exactly

The big EH
http://bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Library.show/CT/ACCC/k/825

Just another link to peruse.

According to the Bible Jesus is God, the Creator of all life, space, time, matter, things visible and things invisible (gravity, chemicals, and other properties that we cannot see). The insects, animal kingdom, complex human anatomy, world, universe and everything that you see is proof of Jesus existence because He created it all.

Scripture references:

Psalm 19:1-2
THE HEAVENS (universe) declare the glory of God; and the firmament (atmosphere around earth) shows and proclaims His handiwork. Day after day pours forth speech, and night after night shows forth knowledge.

Romans 1:19-20
For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God has shown it to them. For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So are without excuse ,

Colossians 1:16-17
For by Him (Jesus Christ) all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Ephesians 3:9
and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;

Hebrews 1:2-3
has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself wow they are very few things the bible has taught you, one of which is to believe riddiculus lies

Justbyfaith
you know that they even found the dead sea scrolls that were ancient and the bible is the only religious book to be reproduced exactly

Scoffers will still come but in the end...it's truths will prevail. smile

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by The big EH
wow they are very few things the bible has taught you, one of which is to believe riddiculus lies

The kids must be getting home from school. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth_Hexus
Originally posted by The big EH
wow they are very few things the bible has taught you, one of which is to believe riddiculus lies one thing you have yet to learn is the truth, poor thing satin has blinded you, he blinds all of us, he blinds me you the world, i consider me an equal to you, but can't you see the devil wants you not to believe in God!

Alliance
one thing you have yet to learn is the truth, poor thing satin has blinded you, he blinds all of us, he blinds me you the world, i consider me an equal to you, but can't you see the devil wants you not to believe in God!

erm blah.

DigiMark007
one thing you have yet to learn is the truth, poor thing satin has blinded you, he blinds all of us, he blinds me you the world, i consider me an equal to you, but can't you see the devil wants you not to believe in God!

Ah, but satin is so soft and warming....how can you say no to such a delectable fabric??

confused

wink

Alliance
SATIN!!!! GET IT OFF!!! GET IT OFF!!!

I prefer cashmir blindfolds wink

The Omega
(Looks around)

JustbyFaith> Waiting patiently for you to supply us with proof that Jesus ever existed. I already suggested you find maybe contemporary Greek or Roman Scholars... Maybe some archaeological evidence...

WrathfulDwarf
There is another individual that also had a great influence in his own field. He didn't leave any writtings for his students and followers (or at least there hasn't been found any writtings of him) yet he remains a key figure in history.

I'm talking about Socrates.

All we know about Socrates is from the accounts of Plato (his student) and few writtings from Aristotles. The question here stands.

Is it important to really know if he existed or not? Hasn't his influence in Philosophy strong enough? See, what I notice about Jesus (which I find similar to Socrates) is that people read their works and become inspired by them. I think basically that's more important than whether they existed or not.

Besides, here is little thing most of you must remenber. In about 2,000 years from now.....NO ONE will remenber us. So, what's more important? the fact you existed or the fact that you left something for people to remenber you?

Ponder these thoughts...

Bardock42
The fact that I existed...obviously.

Templares
Your right, it has withstood the test of time. Happy Dance

LOL. It doesnt laughing out loud. The New testament is . . . . well already punctured to death in previous threads. Im not so well-informed with Old Testament scholarship but there are hints that suggest that King Josiah's reforms wiped out a previous Hebrew Goddess, a consort to YHWH, from the annals of the Jewish religion and society. Not to mention the Exodus story concerning the flight from Egypt and the (completely retarded) wanderings in the desert for 40 years before settling into Canaan which in reality is two completely different stories, from two different groups of people, merged into one.

The Omega
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Ponder these thoughts...

There is no Socrastity... no religion claiming Socrates was the son of Zeus, no holy books sayin ghe was divine... no one follows him unquestionably... Socrates ideas may be discussed without anyone running the risk of being condemned by eager Socrastians!

Ponder that...

WrathfulDwarf
Influence! I said Influence! Both men had a great impact in their perspective fields. Jesus in Religion and Socrates in Philosophy. They both share the same case that there is no physical history evidence of their existence. Whatever little there maybe is debatable. However, their influence still remains. When I said "ponder these thoughts" think of your current existence and how important your existence will be remenber (if it is remenber) a couple of thousand years from now.

Bardock42
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Influence! I said Influence! Both men had a great impact in their perspective fields. Jesus in Religion and Socrates in Philosophy. They both share the same case that there is no physical history evidence of their existence. Whatever little there maybe is debatable. However, their influence still remains. When I said "ponder these thoughts" think of your current existence and how important your existence will be remenber (if it is remenber) a couple of thousand years from now.

But Omega got a point.

Socrates opinions are independent.

Christianity lives and dies with the existence of it's Prophet/God

Alliance
I agree that omega has a point. Jesus the symbol and the religoin created around him gave him influence.

Socrates gaint influence through his works. HIS life is well documented.

JesusIsAlive

Admiral Akbar
The bible isn't a fact book, so you can't provide proof of his existence. In that case I say Yoda exists because George Lucus created him, and books support it.

O Green World
If A religious text is proof, then Mohammed IS the prophet, Buddha achieved enlightenment, Ra is the Sungod etc. etc. etc.
Or prove to me that the Bible is an infalliable document.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Evolution doesn't even have science as proof, maybe the bones of a 100 million( laughing ) year old form of a horse....
(but really it's only a baby horse from a mud slide 10 years ago)

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by O Green World
roll eyes (sarcastic) Evolution doesn't even have science as proof, maybe the bones of a 100 million( laughing ) year old form of a horse....
(but really it's only a baby horse from a mud slide 10 years ago)

Alliance
one word: PROPOGANDA

Really, I can't believe people are so well...ignorant.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Alliance
one word: PROPOGANDA

Really, I can't believe people are so well...ignorant.

And just what people are you referring to?

Alliance
I'd be happy to systematically tear apart every frame of that cartoon.

The sait also makes me sick. Spewing hatred and lies to poor little minds who absorb it like sponges and become mindless little drones.

JesusIsAlive
Why so destructive? You know they say if the Truth hurts, say ouch.

crazy

Haha, you really think that piece of propaganda is supposed to disprove evolution, I knew you were solid in your faith but blind? Come the hell on. Like I said, I read the one on Islam and the first thing the Islamic guy says "OMG YOU INFIDELS, MY KORAN SAYS I CAN KILL U MOFOS." Ok I added the word mofo in, but seriously, the bible is one of the books in Islam and in no way does the quran say to kill all those who are not muslim. You mix culture with religion, second of all, the Quran shows a lot of respect for people of the BOOK.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by crazy
Haha, you really think that piece of propaganda is supposed to disprove evolution, I knew you were solid in your faith but blind? Come the hell on. Like I said, I read the one on Islam and the first thing the Islamic guy says "OMG YOU INFIDELS, MY KORAN SAYS I CAN KILL U MOFOS." Ok I added the word mofo in, but seriously, the bible is one of the books in Islam and in no way does the quran say to kill all those who are not muslim. You mix culture with religion, second of all, the Quran shows a lot of respect for people of the BOOK.

Crazy (?)

Well, any way, I lost my train of thought. I have never addressed anyone by the name crazy before. Crazy, did you know that the Quran quotes or mentions the Bible but the Bible--God's holy Word NEVER quotes or mentions the Quran.

fini
BECAUSE the people who wrote the bible and its many versions, were around before the Quran existed.

How can they write about something that they DID NOT know about??
Islam kinda branched of from the same origins as christianity.

DONT believe in HALF truths. If u cannot find the whole truth, then i suggest that you go look for it. This truth u talk of is not even a half truth.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by fini
BECAUSE the people who wrote the bible and its many versions, were around before the Quran existed.

How can they write about something that they DID NOT know about??
Islam kinda branched of from the same origins as christianity.

DONT believe in HALF truths. If u cannot find the whole truth, then i suggest that you go look for it. This truth u talk of is not even a half truth.

Using your logic in another thread... HAVE U SEEN THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE BIBLE AND ITS MANY VERSIONS TO KNOW THAT THEY WERE AROUND BEFOE THE QURAN EXISTED?

crazy
Crazy (?)

Well, any way, I lost my train of thought. I have never addressed anyone by the name crazy before. Crazy, did you know that the Quran quotes or mentions the Bible but the Bible--God's holy Word NEVER quotes or mentions the Quran.

First of all why would they? The Quran is not a book of the bible, what is your point in this? You still did not mention why you posted that ignorant cartoon, I mean honestly, lets say that you trust the bible 100 percent, that is fine though I find it close minded, but to trust those ignorant cartoons.. come on man..

And also I have never addressed someone whose name was JesusisAlive, again what is the point you are trying to make...

JesusIsAlive
I have already made my point.

God will neve defer to anyone else's book except His. His Word is Truth. All others are lies, falshood, and doctrines of demons.

autumn dreams
JesusIsAlive, you frighten mewith all this crap you seem to like posting. Jesus isdead. He nailed to a cross and died. Some guy who was born over 1000 years ago can't be alive today. If he is, he's just a ghost who can't cross over. rolling on floor laughing

crazy
I have already made my point.

God will neve defer to anyone else's book except His. His Word is Truth. All others are lies, falshood, and doctrines of demons.

What does anyone besides God know what he will or will not do... You are not a god, do not say that got would never defer to another book, The bible is a book of Islam, not a book that is referenced, you do not seem to get that.

Regret
First of all why would they? The Quran is not a book of the bible

The Quran was given to the nation of Islam because the people of the Book (Bible) had fallen away from the original intent of God's word. I believe that is their belief, if I am wrong correct me.

Using your logic in another thread... HAVE U SEEN THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE BIBLE AND ITS MANY VERSIONS TO KNOW THAT THEY WERE AROUND BEFOE THE QURAN EXISTED?

The prophet Muhammad was born in 570 CE. There was no way the New Testament writers had access to the Quran.

autumn dreams
Nice cartoon. It should be against the law to teach religious mumbo jumbo in schools, except in religious schools. State schools need not teach religion. No wonder the world is miserable, we are brainwashed with religious junk.

JesusIsAlive
What does anyone besides God know what he will or will not do... You are not a god, do not say that got would never defer to another book, The bible is a book of Islam, not a book that is referenced, you do not seem to get that.

The Bible IS NOT a book of Islam.

Templares
I worship Cyric, the god of Murder and Lies and Mystra, Mistress of the Arcane.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Templares

So.

crazy
The Bible IS NOT a book of Islam.

Though you might hate this, it really is, so is the Torah though and the Genesis. The Quran is just regarded as the most accurate up to date version.

Flamboyant4Life
Do not worship me, I am but a servant... worship only the true god...

http://www.my-family-fun.com/pictures/Downloadgames/Spot'sBusyDayPic1.jpg

SPOT THE DOG! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JesusIsAlive
Though you might hate this, it really is, so is the Torah though and the Genesis. The Quran is just regarded as the most accurate up to date version.

All lies.

Regret
Originally posted by Templares

So then, for you Man can become a God wink

Regret
All lies.

It is the Islamic belief.

crazy
All lies.

Ha, the person who posts those cartoon is goign to tell me that I am speaking lies, you are quite the character. I do not want to accept something so I will just call it lies, I love it.

JesusIsAlive
Well, I believe that is a lie from the devil. The Bible is God's Word, the Quran and all other books are not.

JesusIsAlive
Ha, the person who posts those cartoon is goign to tell me that I am speaking lies, you are quite the character. I do not want to accept something so I will just call it lies, I love it.

No, I refuse to believe what you are saying because it is not true.

crazy
Why is it not true? Are you saying it not true because you are a very narrow minded Christian, or because there is non biblical evidence thatsays against it? You know what nevermind, this isnt much of a debate, you are just going to keep saying "lies"

JesusIsAlive
Why is it not true? Are you saying it not true because you are a very narrow minded Christian,

I am as narrow-minded as my Master, the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said that He is THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME--John 14:6. It doesn't get any more narrow than that. If it's okay for my Lord to be narrow-minded, then it is okay for me too. smile

Templares
So.

I need advice on which of the two gods to worship. Im a 10 Rogue (Cyric) and a 10 wizard (Mystra).

crazy
I am as narrow-minded as my Master, the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said that He is THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME--John 14:6. It doesn't get any more narrow than that. If it's okay for my Lord to be narrow-minded, then it is okay for me too. smile
Alright then end of discussion.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>