Dooms counterpart?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Whittdawg92
does doomsday have a marvel counterpart? the closest thing ican think of would be Thanos or Apocalypse. it's bugging the crap outta me.

NoFate007
Thanos is more equated to Darkseid.

Probably, the closest to Doomsday is Juggernaut, which is even a stretch.

Whittdawg92
but Dooms could kill juggernaut w/ ease after his 1st fight. apocalypse can give himself virtually any physical power, and so can doom, as long as it's a power to defeat his enemy. dooms seems like a combination of juggernaut and hulk IMO

NoFate007
Juggernaut doesn't have a high record of being defeated, and Doomsday can't give himself any power, he just becomes immune to the same level of attack that caused his death. If you kill him with a class 5 strength punch, he's immune to class 5 strength punches, and you have to kill him another way or increase the damage.

Whittdawg92
I think Dooms should be powered down to the point where he's strong enough to whoop multiple JL members, but still be defeatable. oh yeah, and FYI people 1.Doomsday takes months, even many years to regenerate without outside help, he doesn't just re-spawn like a video game and 2. he's resistant to what killed him, not immune (and he NEVER becomes immune to pure strength attakcs). he could get beat to death by superman, and then beat to death by some stronger than supes. oh yeah, and http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=114 he does "evolve" to beat his opponents by developing their weaknesses.

DigiMark007
I always thought Hulk was DD's equivalent. They just made him evil instead of ambiguously heroic and green.

Whittdawg92
eventually Dooms could kill Hulk IMO.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I always thought Hulk was DD's equivalent. They just made him evil instead of ambiguously heroic and green.

I always pictured Hulk's counterpart as Grundy....As for Doom maybe Abomination...But that's a stretch. Or Wendigo even.

Whittdawg92
grundy's like an undead version of a non angry savage hulk. Abomination's too weak for doom.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
grundy's like an undead version of a non angry savage hulk. Abomination's too weak for doom.

Undead version of non angry savage hulk? Grundy isn't always an idiot...Nor is he always weak.

Whittdawg92
umm...I think you misinterpreted what I said. when I said non-angry hulk, I mean he wasn't in full rage. Grundy changes way too much, someone needs to make a grundy that's not the freakin opposite of the other. he shouldn't gett his aas kicked by batman one day, then beating the schit outta superman the other.

NoFate007
I've always seen more of the Grundy/Hulk comparison too.

Wendigo and Abomination for Doomsday? I don't think so.

Whittdawg92
I still think Apoc is closest.

Whittdawg92
The Fury of marvel comics is somewhat like Dooms, but it closer to Amazo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.