Superman in IMAX 3D

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phreak_v2.o
did any1 else see superman returns in imax 3d? i did and it was AWESOME!!!! rock

redcaped
I'm curious. Actually there's one in Fort Lauderdale (Miami)...We called and all tikets were sold for the week.

phreak_v2.o
they used a new 3d technology so only parts of the movie were in 3d... the plane crash scene in 3d was really cool to see

redcaped
New you said? Spy Kids 3D only had part of the movie...same thing.

phreak_v2.o
the 3d glasses dont use red and blue filter, but they used polarized and non-polarized (or something like that i'm not exactly sure) there was no color loss and not as most ghosting as there was w/ old red-blue filter 3d. when they started showing the imax 3d previews (which were all for animated movies unfortunately) there were people going "wow" coz it looked so real, so there was definitely a difference from previous 3d technology

roughrider
What I still don't like is how they still have to turn the film into a pan-and-scan version. IMAX has a square-like dimension around 1.33:1 aspect ratio; while the film is shot and framed at 2.40:1 in regular theatres.

redcaped
You are experts! Thanks for explaining. Now I do want to go to IMAX!

redcaped
This new technology sounds as cool as the poles!

roughrider
Originally posted by redcaped
You are experts! Thanks for explaining. Now I do want to go to IMAX!

Didn't you read what I just wrote?

I also want to know if they have corrected the length problem. No film in IMAX could exceed two hours, because of the size of the film reels and frames. The IMAX version of STAR WARS EPISODE II had twenty minutes cut out to fit the running time - I was appalled.

redcaped
Okay rider, if I can or cannot make it to IMAX it shouldn't be a real problem or concern...there's plenty to accomplish.

Avalonofthewind
The 3D scenes in the imax version look incredible. I would definitely recommed that anyone who can see it, does.

roughrider
I am looking forward to seeing the film again, in a DLP Projection Theatre, rather than IMAX 3D. The digital presentation is the most flawless; not even a pop for reel changes. We have a few in my area, and the big films of the past few years that were shot in HD Video - Star Wars II & III, Collateral - I make sure to see a digital presentation.

phreak_v2.o
the nearest dlp theater to where i live is about 60 miles away but i am definitely going to drive that distance to see superman again. i had to drive about the same distance to see it in imax 3d as well

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.