Strange vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Priest
Ive been on the Strange Respek thread, and he has some feats that may be on par or greater than thanos, so can he take on the JLA?

Strange has 3 minutes prep before the fight, he's also bloodlusted.

the JLA includes..
Batman
Superman
Martian Man Hunter
Captain MArvel
Green Lantern (hal)
Wonder Woman

batdude123
JLA. Strange is good, but he's not "solo the JLA" good.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by batdude123
JLA. Strange is good, but he's not "solo the JLA" good. If Strange could do that Dc would be out of business.

rotiart
Only 3 minutes? Strange summons his invincible shields.. summons an orb of kryptonite. Casts an anti-magic field on the whole field around him. All within the first minute... :P
No really Strange Can win.. its just that with only 3 minutes of prep hes not gonna pull a majority. Strange 4/10.
If he was in DC for a day, a week... planning for this fight, he'd pull an easy majority.. but he's not doing this with only 3 minutes.. And I assuming Strange isn't pulling the Summoning Eternity Card.. cause if we allowed that Strange wins by default...

batdude123
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
If Strange could do that Dc would be out of business.

He couldn't. wink He could probably take out a couple of them. I'm not doubting that at all.

rotiart
Imagine Strange vs. Wonderwoman and Shazam.. He dispels the magic that created them. Wonderwoman returns to being clay, and billy to being a little boy.

Strange Vs. superman.. err.. its just so wrong..

Strange vs GL ... he'd shatter any defenses the GL could summon..

Batman would have the best chance.. strange would go up to him.. and ask him "why is such a puny guy like you hanging out wit..h..."
"BATKICK AHRHRRR"

DigiMark007
JLA. Strange is good, but he's not "solo the JLA" good.

He is. Check out the Respek thread. Dude's a walking plot device at a higher-than-herald level. Strange for the win 7/10.

LethalFemme
Originally posted by rotiart
Imagine Strange vs. Wonderwoman and Shazam.. He dispels the magic that created them. Wonderwoman returns to being clay, and billy to being a little boy.

Batman would have the best chance.. strange would go up to him.. and ask him "why is such a puny guy like you hanging out wit..h..."
"BATKICK AHRHRRR"

There first and third ain't gonna happen.erm

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
He is. Check out the Respek thread. Dude's a walking plot device at a higher-than-herald level. Strange for the win 7/10.

Not really. He's Dr. Fate's equal and he can't do this. wink

batdude123
Originally posted by rotiart

"BATKICK AHRHRRR"

No, just no. no

DigiMark007
Not really. He's Dr. Fate's equal and he can't do this. wink

Can Fate stalemate the entire Infinity Gauntlet? Or temporarily punk Death? Or knock out Galactus? He's got some absolutely sick feats that put him well beyond Fate. DC/Marvel seem to contrast the two, but it's hardly equal.

Priest
No, just no. no

indivudaully yeah i think strange can take on the JLA with no problem.
GL Hal would be the only problem that Strange may encounter, just for the variaity of things he can some up with, shield, energy blasts stuff like that..but its nothing that strange already taken before.

batdude123
Can Fate stalemate the entire Infinity Gauntlet? Or temporarily punk Death? Or knock out Galactus? He's got some absolutely sick feats that put him well beyond Fate. DC/Marvel seem to contrast the two, but it's hardly equal.

Yeah, Fate has some sick feats to. And that Galactus feat is hardly worth mentioning. That was a SEVERLY weakened Galactus, and he didn't knock him out, he merely knocked him over. Big difference. Fate and Strange are about the same level. I showed you him sending Sentinel, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Star Spangled Kid to his own dimension while in a weakened and trance like state. wink

batdude123
Originally posted by Priest
indivudaully yeah i think strange can take on the JLA with no problem.
GL Hal would be the only problem that Strange may encounter, just for the variaity of things he can some up with, shield, energy blasts stuff like that..but its nothing that strange already taken before.

He could definitely take them out one at a time. However, GLs have contained big bangs in their bubbles, so I'm not sure about him breaking the shields. erm

Priest
Yeah, Fate has some sick feats to. And that Galactus feat is hardly worth mentioning. That was a SEVERLY weakened Galactus, and he didn't knock him out, he merely knocked him over. Big difference. Fate and Strange are about the same level. I showed you him sending Sentinel, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Star Spangled Kid to his own dimension while in a weakened and trance like state. wink

lets say they are equals (which i dout)..if a weakend fate can do that,why wont a bloodlusted strange with 3 minutes of prep take on the rest of the JLA?

batdude123
lets say they are equals (which i dout)..if a weakend fate can do that,why wont a bloodlusted strange with 3 minutes of prep take on the rest of the JLA?

He could take out Superman, WW, Cap Marvel, and Manhunter like that. However, he would still have others to worry about.

batdude123
JLA win this 7/10.

batdude123
See ya later. It's REALLY late. smile

Priest
He could take out Superman, WW, Cap Marvel, and Manhunter like that. However, he would still have others to worry about.

ok that leaves more than half of the team gone, u got hal and bats left..their sitting ducks

Priest
JLA win this 7/10.
ur underseimating strange, strange takes the majority at least 6-7/10

Priest
See ya later. It's REALLY late. smile
aight peace dude

Skeets
strange wins this easily he's on par with pre-crisis Dr.Fate....erm You can't give strange any kind of prep.

Priest
Originally posted by Skeets
strange wins this easily he's on par with pre-crisis Dr.Fate....erm You can't give strange any kind of prep.
yea i no i was debating accualy giving him prep..but then i dident want any fankids saying "speedblitz" and game over arugments..

Inhuman
strange 5/10 sly

StyleTime
Yeah, Fate has some sick feats to. And that Galactus feat is hardly worth mentioning. That was a SEVERLY weakened Galactus, and he didn't knock him out, he merely knocked him over. Big difference. Fate and Strange are about the same level. I showed you him sending Sentinel, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Star Spangled Kid to his own dimension while in a weakened and trance like state. wink Aren't you exaggerating just a little there? Fate wasn't weakened, he was just a little lazy.

Sam Z
Ive been on the Strange Respek thread, and he has some feats that may be on par or greater than thanos, so can he take on the JLA?...

Hell no. With Batman in the team Strange stands no chance.

Juntai
Captain Marvel probably solos this one. Either way, team wins.

Apolloknight
I dont think Strange can take this, Didn't Juggernaut KO him one punch?

Accel
Normally, I'd say no, but since he has prep, it's hard to say.

kgkg
Strange can indeed win........ easily

batdude123
Originally posted by StyleTime
Aren't you exaggerating just a little there? Fate wasn't weakened, he was just a little lazy.

"SLOTH" wink

batdude123
Originally posted by Juntai
Captain Marvel probably solos this one. Either way, team wins.

I doubt Captain Marvel could solo this one, but I think the team has a better shot at winning than Dr. Strange does.

batdude123
ok that leaves more than half of the team gone, u got hal and bats left..their sitting ducks

Oh...... you didn't put Flash on the JLA team. mad

Tron

Because Batman's there...

The combined might of the Batkick and Hal Jordan's fist destroys and recreates the multiverse, and destroys it again.

DigiMark007

That was simply sending them elsewhere. He did nothing to harm them, and I'd love to see him try to hurt Alan that easily.

And yes, Galactus was knocked out, not just knocked over. He starts falling toward Manhattan and Strange has to try and stop his fall because Big G is unconscious.

MJOILNIR
The most powerful jobber aura and most powerful plot device in comics combined. He could probably find a way to do it... Plus that funky 70's costume, the jla just cant handle it.......

Priest
Originally posted by Apolloknight
I dont think Strange can take this, Didn't Juggernaut KO him one punch?

he's taken punches from the juggernaut and gotton up before, by the way he has no superpowers, but he realies heavlly on his magic smile
also here him taking a blast from galactus and survives,,if his sheilds are up JLA wont be able to hurt him ..click below
http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=small0tr.jpg

batdude123
That was simply sending them elsewhere. He did nothing to harm them, and I'd love to see him try to hurt Alan that easily.

And yes, Galactus was knocked out, not just knocked over. He starts falling toward Manhattan and Strange has to try and stop his fall because Big G is unconscious.

Dr. Fate>>>>>>>Sentinel And like I said before, that was a SEVERLY depowered Galactus.

Darth Martin
Strange gets speedblitzed.

StyleTime
"SLOTH" wink
laughing He was so overcome with sloth, he didn't even respond when Powergirl stuck her hand in his pants.
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Strange gets speedblitzed.
That's why he has the 3 minutes of prep.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by StyleTime
laughing He was so overcome with sloth, he didn't even respond when Powergirl stuck her hand in his pants.

That's why he has the 3 minutes of prep.

As soon as fight starts he will be tagged by anyonbe but batman, most likely flash.

Mr. Universe
Strange takes the majority. Probably 8/10

Mr. Universe
As soon as fight starts he will be tagged by anyonbe but batman, most likely flash.
Strange moves at lightspeeds. He can travel back and forth time effortlessly.

Accel
With prep, Strange would most likely have his shields up.

kgkg
giving Strange Prep is to much

Khem-Adam

If Dr.Fate wanted to he could destroy the whole JSA or JLA with ease. Sentinel included. Mordru who is much less powerful than Fate beats Sentinel without hardly trying. The first time Mordru turned Sentinel into a wooden statue of himself. And when Mordru switched powers with Dr.Fate he punched his hand right through Sentinel's chest and tore the Starheart out leaving Alan powerless and near death.

h1a8
Strange is a master of time, space, and dimension.
He has teleported him and others to different parts of space and time and different dimensions many times.
There are literally countless ways Strange can win.
He can teleport all to the End of Time or a black hole where they will all be destroyed.
I'm very sure that the infinity gauntlet is infinite times more powerful than the JLA. If Strange can withstand it then he can very easily constrain the JLA.
He also has tremendous transmuting abilities. He has transmuted many a foe to different things (like stone).
He can completely trance foes and have them do his bidding (like have superman turn against the JLA)
There are untold number of things he can do.
3min prep is too unfair.
He will easily know what he is dealing with (their speed and power and all) and plan the exact spells he will need. Such as his shields combined constraining the JLA then sending them to event horizon of a black hole or simple transmutation. He can also stop time and have all the time he needs to destroy them all.

ExtraMision5555
Strange takes the majority, 3 minutes prep? thats more than enough time, Batmans a non-factor, Superman is a non-factor, Wonderwoman is a non-factor. So its basicly Hal/Captian Marvel/MM Vs strange. Which i think strange is absolutely capable of. Strange has pre-cog, he wont be getting speedblitzed, but not that it matters, he has 3 minutes prep

Strange 7/10

Soljer
Strange takes a very, very healthy majority.

long pig
Dr. Fate>>>>>>>Sentinel And like I said before, that was a SEVERLY depowered Galactus.
You're wrong.

In fact, it was the only time we've seen Galactus NOT hungry. Meaning, it was a nearly full powered Galactus.

The time you are talking about happened in FF, Strange mind ****ed Galactus and nearly killed him.

As for the fight, he'd win. He'd steal souls from anyone who has one and then, behind his unbreakable shield that even intangilble beings can't get through, he stops time/steals power/mind****s/wraps up and throws them into Mephisto's or some other hell's realm.

And although Strange's speed is normal, he can grant himself superspeed like he did with Thing. Also, he's infinitely faster than light, he can teleport instantaneously.

Hoosier Daddy
yes, strange rulez.

long pig
Indeed,
Sadly, though, he's going to be depowered because the writers say that there is no limit for hise has or any our real threats for him.

dawsey28
Can Strange undo the magic of the Greek Gods?

Can Doc get a bead on anyone traveling at near-light speed for a direct attack?

Can his shields handle near-Superman-level strength?

What can Strange do with 3 minutes of prep? At least, what makes people think it takes only 3 minutes of prep to solo the JLA?

Not saying Strange can't do it, but I wanted to throw some things out there to think about.

bigbran
Originally posted by dawsey28

Can his shields handle near-Superman-level strength?
Does Galactus count?

long pig
Originally posted by dawsey28
Can Strange undo the magic of the Greek Gods?
I don't know. I don't think he'd have to. He undid Norse god magic before on a few occasions, though.

Yes.

You can't run too fast if your stuck in time or chasing down millions of duplicates.

Surfer tried to blitz him once, his pre-cog kicked in and he countered.

Easily. Effortlessly. Ask Galactus or Death.

Blow up the planet. Throw the planet into an alternate dimension. Gather an army of demons. Kill them before they're born. Control reality. Steal souls. Mind control top tier heroes to fight with him. Have power granted to him by beings above skyfather...he can do a lot.

dawsey28
Okay.

Soljer
Originally posted by long pig
I don't know. I don't think he'd have to. He undid Norse god magic before on a few occasions, though.

Yes.

You can't run too fast if your stuck in time or chasing down millions of duplicates.

Surfer tried to blitz him once, his pre-cog kicked in and he countered.

Easily. Effortlessly. Ask Galactus or Death.

Blow up the planet. Throw the planet into an alternate dimension. Gather an army of demons. Kill them before they're born. Control reality. Steal souls. Mind control top tier heroes to fight with him. Have power granted to him by beings above skyfather...he can do a lot.

I love Long Pig.

complexbrother
Strange looses badly

hitemup
jla wins this

dawsey28
After looking through the Respect Thread, I realize that Strange is MUCH more powerful than I thought he was.

jrodslam
Honestly, Cap is the only who could really stand up to Strange with prep. Maybe a WW and GL, but i may be reaching.

I can see Strange taking the clear majority.

long pig
It's no secret Strange was stupidly uber, even for someone who was meant to protect the entire universe. But to bring him down to Ironman level like he is now.....that is just ridiculous.

How will he realistically hold back quasi omnipotent gods from taking over Earth's dimension if he can't even fly in high altitudes?

But, for this thread, there's been a few scans put in the respect thread that pretty much renders any speedblitz against Strange useless. His pendant moves FTL and teleports the blitzer away before they reach ever even Strange. So...

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer
I love Long Pig.

Me too. love big grin Hey LP, want to join the JLKMC?

Phenomenol
You're wrong.

In fact, it was the only time we've seen Galactus NOT hungry. Meaning, it was a nearly full powered Galactus.

The time you are talking about happened in FF, Strange mind ****ed Galactus and nearly killed him.

As for the fight, he'd win. He'd steal souls from anyone who has one and then, behind his unbreakable shield that even intangilble beings can't get through, he stops time/steals power/mind****s/wraps up and throws them into Mephisto's or some other hell's realm.

And although Strange's speed is normal, he can grant himself superspeed like he did with Thing. Also, he's infinitely faster than light, he can teleport instantaneously.

This Post is the truth and Strane did mind @#$% galactus (weakned)!

Strange has taken on soo many beings way out of JLA's weight class it is uncanny. Dr Strange has taken on Eternity, hell he BECAME Eternity. He has gone up agaisnt the inbetweener, Galactus, Shuma Gorath (Anybody know about Shuma?? He is a beast) , Dormammu and the list goes on. These are the sort of people that could look at the JLA and they would probably die lol.

Laminator_X
The operative word isn't "prep," it's "bloodlust." 90% of the time or more, Strange doesn't use but a tiny fraction of the powers at his command. He's very "karma-concious." He approaches problems in a cautious and circumspect manner always looking for unintended consequences or prices to be paid.

A bloodlusted Strange will end them. He could stop time, make the Sun into a black hole, and allow time touch them again once the Earth was within the event horizon. He could banish them all to hell. He could make them fight eachother. He could turn them into living bombs, or toads, or stone, or pillars of salt. He could crush them with the Moon. He could drain Billy and Diana's magic. He could take the souls of each one he kills to make himself even more powerful. He could change history so they were never there.

He might be damned for it the next day, but a bloodlusted Strange simply won't loose (as Shuma-Gorath learned in death).

Erik-Lensherr
JLA

Nabu > Kismet (DC's Eternity) > Galactus
The only reason Strange was able to defeat Galactus was because he used a trick against him , not because he was stronger than him while , Nabu is actually leagues ahead Galactus .
But if we are talking about Dr Fate as in a host , then he's still at least at Dr Strange's level .

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Laminator_X
The operative word isn't "prep," it's "bloodlust." 90% of the time or more, Strange doesn't use but a tiny fraction of the powers at his command. He's very "karma-concious." He approaches problems in a cautious and circumspect manner always looking for unintended consequences or prices to be paid.

A bloodlusted Strange will end them. He could stop time, make the Sun into a black hole, and allow time touch them again once the Earth was within the event horizon. He could banish them all to hell. He could make them fight eachother. He could turn them into living bombs, or toads, or stone, or pillars of salt. He could crush them with the Moon. He could drain Billy and Diana's magic. He could take the souls of each one he kills to make himself even more powerful. He could change history so they were never there.

He might be damned for it the next day, but a bloodlusted Strange simply won't loose (as Shuma-Gorath learned in death).

QFT. http://www.infernal-monologue.com/images/DrStrangeOath5.jpg

Seriously, don't **** with him.
Remember that jag-off who somehow shot Strange with a gun? Well, his uppins sure enough came.

First, Strange materializes shackles from thin air, strings the guy up and begins electrocute.
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8886/shockvt4.th.jpg

After the torture, he gets tired of the guy's mouth and he snaps his fingers and says "Sleep" and the guy passes out.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6219/sleepgj7.th.jpg

And, for the most ruthless I think I've ever seen Strange....ever...he basically sends this guy to hell inside his own mind for eternity. Damn.
"I have little patience for the laws of nature. And even less for the laws of man."
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6051/ruthlesset2.th.jpg

The dude is capable of extraodinary evil if need be.

Phenomenol
With that said I would say strange beats the JLA but the JLA would obviously get some wins.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Ive been on the Strange Respek thread, and he has some feats that may be on par or greater than thanos, so can he take on the JLA?

Strange has 3 minutes prep before the fight, he's also bloodlusted.

the JLA includes..
Batman
Superman
Martian Man Hunter
Captain MArvel
Green Lantern (hal)
Wonder Woman

Hal's ring is anti Magic. As is Wonder Woman. Unless she falls out of the God's Graces. She blocked the Magical bolts of Sersi. Who was able to keep out all of the JLA's most powerful forces. Strange Maybe gets two wins if he hits all of them at the same time.

jrodslam
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Hal's ring is anti Magic. As is Wonder Woman. Unless she falls out of the God's Graces. She blocked the Magical bolts of Sersi. Who was able to keep out all of the JLA's most powerful forces. Strange Maybe gets two wins if he hits all of them at the same time.

Hals ring is anti magic? As in doesnt like magic, right? But since when has magic not been effective against it? Unless youre NOT saying that magic is useless against the ring.

Red Shift
Dr. Strange stalemated the Infinity Gauntlet.

Bwhaha.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Red Shift
Dr. Strange stalemated the Infinity Gauntlet.

Bwhaha.

confused Surely you don't believe that?

Red Shift
Er, he didn't. Hence I'm laughing at someone claiming he did earlier in this thread.

Larceny
JLA easily.

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
confused Surely you don't believe that?

Well, he sure as hell made Warlock look like a damn fool when he had the incomplete IG...

King Kandy
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Well, he sure as hell made Warlock look like a damn fool when he had the incomplete IG...
When?

Mr. Slippyfist
Not Strange... he got punked by Scarlet Witch. smile

Bouboumaster
Strange would taught magic to Fate. Fate is good, but not in the league of Strange. Never.

But JLA would attrocely pwn Strange. Flash, Manhunter, Sups, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan for the spleedblitz.
Could it be possible that Manhunter mindrape Strange?

TricksterPriest
Classic Strange 10/10 given the stips.

Current? Even with 3 days of prep he'd probably lose. erm

iceman24567
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Strange would taught magic to Fate. Fate is good, but not in the league of Strange. Never.

But JLA would attrocely pwn Strange. Flash, Manhunter, Sups, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan for the spleedblitz.
Could it be possible that Manhunter mindrape Strange? Probably but Strange has telepathic abilities maybe he can counter.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by iceman24567
Probably but Strange has telepathic abilities maybe he can counter.

J'onn would lose. And that doesn't happen often. Strange's own TP powers are formidable enough to hold his own against MM, but with the eye, it's a stomp. He's almost immune to TP with it and his magic based TP almost always beats normal TP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.