POTC 2 Discussion thread... SPOILERS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mønkey
I saw it!!! I laughed, cried and wondered why the rum was always gone?

It was AWESOME! Well I thought It was!

If you've seen it let's discuss it here!

kusuri
I saw it today! and while it was ovbiously setting up teh next movie, it was still great nonetheless >_< ah, im glad we finally found out how jack's compass works n where he got it from... (SPOILER: even tho its say spoilers in teh headn i will say it again for all teh easily offend peeps ^^) it points towards the thing you want most (in ur heart) lol or sumthin like that...
n he got it from sum creepy (jamacian...) lady ^^ wit bad teeth lol

...JACK IS SMEXINESS...

awesome-o
i couldnt help myself and got tempted to read this thread. im watching it tomorrow!! cant wait... thanks for not spoiling anything kusuri despite it being a spoiler thread lol

i would love it if Elizabeth developed a crush on Jack and then Orlando got jealous haha...

sparrowsbabe
Originally posted by awesome-o

i would love it if Elizabeth developed a crush on Jack and then Orlando got jealous haha...

haha u'll c... stick out tongue

Mønkey
yah that elizabeth bit was evil devil I hate liz even more now! mad

.:Space Opera:.
Okay, for all of us who have seen this amazing movie its time to discuss it. I cant keep it in.

I loved this film.

There was alot that was taken away from the feel of the first but alot more gained in this sequel and so many character arcs were added it was almost overwhelming. Hence the reason i will see it a few more times to grasp it better. Aside from Johnny Depp, the real star of this film was the CGI. I have never seen a movie that looked as beautiful and REAL as this one did. These animated characters, who were very well written, had so much detail put in them it even frightened me a little bit, because the space between life and animation was completely erased and there was no sense of difference between the living things and the animated. The envelope has not only been pushed, but opened and the contents read. This is a broad movie, and a burly one too.

Barbosa. I almost creamed my jeans when he appeared on screen at the end. I wanted so much for this lovely characer to come back, and he has, with a mighty vengence. But how? He was killed. I am shaking just to find out how he lives. My theory is that there is soemthing to be learned, and the captian has a few tricks up his sleave to reveal to us. I dont think that the answer lies in the storyline of the previous film, no twisst or revelations, but something that we dont know happened to him.

The only thing I really didnt like was that at the end of the film i kinda didnt like Sparrow as much, i wanted to like him but i just couldnt feel it. This was probably the goal of the writers and we will see Captain Jack's true heroic side finally come out in the final film. We saw a glimpse of it towards the end, so i believe it was a clue to his own character arc in the third installment. The third will most definitely not be he end. Im not basing this on my wishes as a true fan, but how much story was attached to all of the characters. Disney will deliver to the audience i just know it. They will pull a Star Wars move on us and make these characters a historical icon in cinema history.

Mønkey
Already a thread for this... click me

-Tired Hiker-
I was blown away by the CGI as well, the squid was amazing, down to the details of it's suction thingies. I also loved Davey Jones and his gang, their barnacle ridden skin was superb! I found myself in awe, and missed many bits of dialogue just because the feast for my eyes was so overwhelming.

About Barbosa, remember at the very end, after the credits of the first movie, where that monkey steals a coin or something??? Could that have kept the curse alive, hence Barbosa lived? I'm forgetting how that all worked, I could be totally wrong.

As for the future of Jack Sparrow, I can just see it now in part 3, the giant squid rises to the surface of the ocean, where Jack Sparrow is seen riding on it's back, holding seaweed reigns in his hands to manipulate his newly tamed wild beast. Also, there will now be an inevitable grudge held between Jack and Elizabeth, since she tried to kill him, no doubt. I'm wondering if this will eventually deepen their relationship and she will join his team, as was for shadowed in this newly released second film. That is my bet, Jack and Elizabeth will get involved, and Orlando Bloom will become their enemy . . . okay, I'll get a hold of myself now. Damn I want to see this again!!!!

PeterGriffin
Im gonna see it again for the ride, it was awesome, a little too long though, I thought there was going to be another half hour or so at the point just before Barbossa turns up because it didnt seem to be going anywhere, the ending was just sudden...but I guess seeing as it ties into #3 it seems ok.

The music didnt really do anything for me erm It was good, but in the parts such as the three way sword fight, the music didnt seem to bring the excitement up as much as it should have....the first one was better in this aspect. Loved Davey Jones' pipe organs though, that was awesome.

I'd give it 9/10, minus a point for being too long without having any real substance to it.

dyedblackroses
I was so mad at the end of it! SPOILER: JD can't just die like that! Plus what's going to happen in the 3rd one? How much is he really going to be in it? God All Mighty! I want to see the third one right now! I think that there is going to be a grudge between Jack, Elizabeth, and Will... I don't know how the 3rd one is going to be but I am definetly excited to see it!

evilm0nki3
I liked that will saw them kissing. haha DRAMA lol im glad it didnt end exactly liek the book said. it was satisfying enough....

"Also, there will now be an inevitable grudge held between Jack and Elizabeth, since she tried to kill him, no doubt."

i believe that there will be alot of tension between her and the rest of the crew when they find out she was the one who tried to kill him. she will no doubt be the one who saves jack in the end or something to redeem herself.

forumcrew
Originally posted by dyedblackroses
I was so mad at the end of it! SPOILER: JD can't just die like that! Plus what's going to happen in the 3rd one? How much is he really going to be in it? God All Mighty! I want to see the third one right now! I think that there is going to be a grudge between Jack, Elizabeth, and Will... I don't know how the 3rd one is going to be but I am definetly excited to see it!

they arnt killing off the character that puts people in the seats thats a garuntee. And The kiss wasnt romantic it was to distract jack to lock him up, now will doesnt necisariyl know this, but it wouldnt be hard to explain to him.

"The music didnt really do anything for me It was good, but in the parts such as the three way sword fight, the music didnt seem to bring the excitement up as much as it should have...."

well, Hanz Zimmer has always been unbalanced in brilliance to me. I loved his score in Gladiator, but lately his stuff sucks because he doesnt do alot of the actual scoring himself anymore, his 'team' of musicians do the scoring and he simply picks out the ones he likes the best for a certain scene and stamps it. its like a musical assembly line. BUT i have to admit that this score was alot better than some of his recent stuff. i think he went back to solo scoring after the critisism he's been getting.
i have the soundtrack and i love it to death. its so fun and intense. i think that the director didnt really give it a chance to shine anywhere. like most good movies there is always a place in it where the music becomes the main star just for a split second, but there wasnt really any of the in this one at all.

-Tired Hiker-
Jack's screen entrance was once again hilarious, blasting that bird off the coffin!

Captain's Wench
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Jack's screen entrance was once again hilarious, blasting that bird off the coffin!

hahaha That was the best part!! But Jack will be beck...DUH! He's Captain Jack Sparrow....come on!!! And I would also like to add that Barbossa shocked the bloody HELL out of me...*I didnt read the spoilers stick out tongue * I gasped out loud!! Liz's crush on Jack is kind of cute...will they end up together!? BUM BUM!!!!!

Mønkey
Oh yes I quite enjoyed that!Originally posted by dyedblackroses
I was so mad at the end of it! SPOILER: JD can't just die like that! Plus what's going to happen in the 3rd one? How much is he really going to be in it? God All Mighty! I want to see the third one right now! I think that there is going to be a grudge between Jack, Elizabeth, and Will... I don't know how the 3rd one is going to be but I am definetly excited to see it! they only assumed he's dead... we know that you cannot get rid of Jack sparrow that easily!

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Im gonna see it again for the ride, it was awesome, a little too long though, I thought there was going to be another half hour or so at the point just before Barbossa turns up because it didnt seem to be going anywhere, the ending was just sudden...but I guess seeing as it ties into #3 it seems ok.

Yeah I thought that too. I was like huh? It's ending?! It didn't feel like I was in the cinema for 2 and a half hours either.. but that was coz it was just so good and I didn't want it to end. I could have stayed in there for another 2 hours! Although I was incredibly uncomfortable. Stupid cinema seats.

Yup I give it 9/10 aswell.. was amazing big grin I don't tend to rate things 10/10 unless it's like my favourite film of all time (like Lord of the Rings.. although I did rater The Curse Of The Black Pearl 10/10 because it is one of my favourite films too) so the one mark isn't because I found anything bad with it.. just coz of the reason I just said big grin

the whole story of the the third installment is based on rescuing jack. itll probably be accomplished within the firsy half hour of the movie, but something goes horribly wrong and they must fight as a team to get out. everyone will get to be a hero in the next one. itll be sweet.

id give it 9/10 just for the simple fact that the big-budget seemed to overdoe things a little bit. i guess what i liked about the first one was that everything was down to earth, except for the bad guys, which was believable. i got really annoyed with the starfish attached to Bootstraps face. that was so annoying its like "RIP THE DAMN THING OFF!!"

but i guess i liked the fact that the chracters went in a diection that i didnt expect. Liz was like totally evil to jack -right after he decided to come back and help save them, which i thought didnt make sense because of the mere fact that it was a character turnover for him, and i thought that liz would be able to see that in him. the question for me was: did he go back for the ship, or for his crew? i guess that will be one pivotal question answered in the third installment.

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah the CGI characters were a bit like.. ahhh. It was like an overload of CGIness. But it didn't bother me that much.

I know.. yeah Jack came back and she was like "thank you" and everything and then she just did that to him sad twas so mean, and was unexpected.

JohnnyD's_babe
It's too much of a cliffhanger! it's not fair! and now im angry at Liz mad how dare she kiss jack evil face i'll tell ya, if i ever get my hands on her i'll...*get's slapped in face* huh Do it again! *get's slapped again*
Thank u... happy

Leggy_n_Merry
Whoops I've been posting in the other thread of this. Sorry.

Oh my god.. when Jack and Elizabeth kissed it was like.. phwoar man haha was so hot (god i never say stuff like that haha!). And yeah I hate Elizabeth even more now aswell.. she's so annoying anyway.. Poor Jack sad

The third one should be good.. can't wait! Yeah I can't wait to see if there will be a grudge between them all.. well there probably will be.. seeing as she's the one that just left him there to die. Biatch. Haha..

Hmm let me think of my favourite bits.. *thinks* I can't remember now confused I loved it that it said "Time to go!" instead of "Nevermind let's go!" It was so funny! The way he said it and everything. (I already said this in the another thread.) There were loads of funny parts but I just can't remember them now. Oh but it was hilerious because at one point this child behind us went "heehee" and it was soo funny me and my friend couldn't stop laughing.. lol you had to be there. Someone post some of your favourite parts so I can remember and then I can say if I thought they were funny too big grin

Mønkey
I thought one of the funniest thing was when Jack was escaping from being the tribes dinner... just the sound affects were hilarious! and Most of the giant wheel scene was awesome!

I want to see how Will is in the next movie tooo because he saw Liz kissing Jack but not the whole chaining to the ship thing and I saw some jealousy there... I hate Elizabeth soo much! Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
the whole story of the the third installment is based on rescuing jack. itll probably be accomplished within the firsy half hour of the movie, but something goes horribly wrong and they must fight as a team to get out. everyone will get to be a hero in the next one. itll be sweet. actually its not, the third movie is based on them rescuing Elizabeth who gets kidnapped while they are saving jack, yes jack will probably be saved inthe first half hour so the movie cant possibly be based on that, and since elizabeth is captured jack can finally save her and be the hero that he's longing to be...

silversaber
Well, I don't think that they'll rescue Jack within the first half hour because then the whole 'getting' there thing will be at a loss. And I don't understand why everyone is worrying so much... what will happen well within the first thirty minutes is that we'll see Jack somewhere in the... mystical...wherever he's going... stalling or humourously cheating his fate. Will is definately going to have a grudge against the both of them, but when he finally gets the courage to tell Elizabeth he saw the two of them kissing, she can't just outright say that it was a distraction to tie him to the ship for two reasons. One, she probably doesn't want to open up to outright murder and two, come on... we all saw that she wanted to kiss Jack anyway so really no matter how you look at it, she is very, very guilty. Either way, before she come up with an excuse for Will, they will be rudely interrupted by some sort of really, bad, event-thingy like a tentacle smashing on two feet behind one of them. Of course, that's already been done, so I doubt that specific example.

Am I the only one who still likes Elizabeth? I was laughing so hard when Jack, Norrington, and Will got in a fight and she started screaming her head off. And then I nearly fell out of my chair was she was pretending to faint and nobody noticed.

I have so many favorite parts... first of all, any part with Jack was my favorite part but in paticular I loved when he was shishkabobbed on that cannibal island, and then all the fruits weighed him down over the wrong end of the cliff. There were a couple parts that made me say "Ew..." but who cares? I also loved when Jack was with the Jamaican witch and says "Look," BOOM, "An undead monkey."

Personally I was really happy that those two pirates (the short one and the one with the wooden eye) weren't hung. They were just too funny. Especially with the dog.

I do have some questions though, because the sound system in my theatre wasn't so hot to begin with, and I take after my mom, who has difficulty understanding British accents. Can anyone explain to me about Norrington and the other guy with the heart? What they heck are they going to do with it? And what about Will's father? I thought that he was blown into the water via cannon because he said that all the pirates onthe Pearl deserved their curse. But that meant they all already had the curse, including himself. How the heack was he dying if he was already immortal?

-Tired Hiker-
I really really liked the film, but I think it's one of those movies that I'll like even better the second time I see it. Plus I need to pay more attention to some of the characters, like that guy who was going to marry Elizabeth in the first movie, I still am not sure why he was even in the second one, all I know is that he has Davey Jone's heart, so he'll have some power to play with in the third one. And that other guy who wanted Jack Sparrow's Compass, I still am not sure why he wanted it, I know it was to find Davey Jone's locker, but what was he going to do with the heart??? Or I guess the guy who got the heart will give it to him, I dunno. All I know is that I want to see Jack Sparrow riding the giant squid in the third one!

Icicle
Originally posted by silversaber
Am I the only one who still likes Elizabeth? I was laughing so hard when Jack, Norrington, and Will got in a fight and she started screaming her head off. And then I nearly fell out of my chair was she was pretending to faint and nobody noticed.

I still like her, lol I thought the fainting was hillarious, And then she starts throwing rocks at them, haha.

I really loved the movie, I actualy cried a bit at the end, even I knew Jack isn't dead smile
I cant think of one bad thing about the movie, it was fantastic!

Did anyone see the scene at the end of the credits? It was so cute.

moakes2011
i saw it today and must say that the barbosa thing really suprised me. did everyone see his feet earlier in the movie when jack payed her with the monkey. also when i was watching aots yesterday they said that jacks dad would be in the 3rd movie

Jedi Priestess
I just got back from it and it left me feeling....FLAT. I was so disappointed cause I was so excited to see it too. This movie lacks the fun and heart the first one had. In fact I called my sister and told her to wait and see it on DVD and to go to Supes aka Superman instead.

First of all its entirely too bloody long. Secondly you cant freaken watch the movie because of all the stuff going on in the darn thing. I swear it must have 5 darn subplots. Whomever did the writing dropped the ball BIG TIME. The special effects are marvelous but again there are way too many. Someone along the lines the writers lost sight of the old adage that less is more. Gone are the subtle little jokes and gone is the "innocence" for lack of a better word of the original. In all honesty, the biggest laughs I got where from the two guys that were the bad pirates in the first movie. Now they were funny. Its not a bad movie, but I definitely will NOT pay money to see it again. I'll rent it, but I highly doubt I buy it. In my book the first movie was a 10, this one only gets a 7 out of me.

Spartan005
I thought this movie was frikin Amazing eek! The effects were probably the best I've ever seen (even better then ROTS and King Kong) and the acting as usual was great. This movie was also a lot darker or more intense then the original..... in one of the opening scenes where the pirates were being tortured (and the one guy got his eye ripped out) the entire audience jumped up. laughing I just have one question.... how does Captain Barbossa survive at the end?

moakes2011
wills father, jack, who knows who else to be saved plus geting the heart, norington, learning about how barbosa came back then theve gotta kill the kraken. plus i heard jacks father has already been cast, this is to much to handle

i thought it was Jack's SON...

forumcrew
no it is jacks dad that has a brief role played by Keith Richards (the rock star)
http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/stone-to-join-pirates/2006/07/05/1151778978337.html
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/05/keef_narrowweb__300x399,0.jpg

"First of all its entirely too bloody long."

oh god... it no longer than the first one. and superman was WAY worse, and boring, and not as real looking, and the music sucked, and the story sucked, ALL compared to this movie. but your opinion is yours wink

i think that this movie did something different, something that none of us expected it to do, go WAY DARK. they wanted to do something different, give it its own feel without reminding us of other films already made. this was a thriller, but i thought that a good tie-in with the audience should have been written. the first was set into a believable world that had just alittle bit of a supernatural side at the end. this one got turned upside down supernaturali-wise. it needed a line in it that was said by anybody that sounded something like: "Ive never seen 3,000 pounds of calamari before..." or "Another undead villian..!? Does it ever end?!" lines like that that relates to the audience transformation into this fantastic CGI-filled world.

Captain_Smith
Well, I don't think that they'll rescue Jack within the first half hour because then the whole 'getting' there thing will be at a loss. And I don't understand why everyone is worrying so much... what will happen well within the first thirty minutes is that we'll see Jack somewhere in the... mystical...wherever he's going... stalling or humourously cheating his fate. Will is definately going to have a grudge against the both of them, but when he finally gets the courage to tell Elizabeth he saw the two of them kissing, she can't just outright say that it was a distraction to tie him to the ship for two reasons. One, she probably doesn't want to open up to outright murder and two, come on... we all saw that she wanted to kiss Jack anyway so really no matter how you look at it, she is very, very guilty. Either way, before she come up with an excuse for Will, they will be rudely interrupted by some sort of really, bad, event-thingy like a tentacle smashing on two feet behind one of them. Of course, that's already been done, so I doubt that specific example.

I have so many favorite parts... first of all, any part with Jack was my favorite part but in paticular I loved when he was shishkabobbed on that cannibal island, and then all the fruits weighed him down over the wrong end of the cliff. There were a couple parts that made me say "Ew..." but who cares? I also loved when Jack was with the Jamaican witch and says "Look," BOOM, "An undead monkey."

Personally I was really happy that those two pirates (the short one and the one with the wooden eye) weren't hung. They were just too funny. Especially with the dog.

I do have some questions though, because the sound system in my theatre wasn't so hot to begin with, and I take after my mom, who has difficulty understanding British accents. Can anyone explain to me about Norrington and the other guy with the heart? What they heck are they going to do with it? And what about Will's father? I thought that he was blown into the water via cannon because he said that all the pirates onthe Pearl deserved their curse. But that meant they all already had the curse, including himself. How the heack was he dying if he was already immortal?

LOL, let me answer your questions. First off... the heart controls Davy Jones...who controls the sea. SOooo basically if you have the heart...you control the sea, which they want...because... money!! Savy? Alright, I DO NOT HATE ELIZABETH!! Yes, she was very horny this movie, but she loves two men. Remember the compass? Point to where ever your heart desires...if you guys didnt notice, the compass was in great working order and it ALWAYS pointed to Jack. You can also tell by the kiss at the end she was heart broken, and after she was heart broken. The movie was alright for me, it did take a lot away from the first movie, this movie was o so... Fantasy? It kept skipping to, to many scenes! My brian could not comprehend! It was a little too different from the first one and it didn't flow..it skipped! lol. This movie i sence will be like Star Wars.... except the first pirates was good. This movie was necissary for the GREAT plot of the third one. Either way. I liked it, not as much as the first but okay.

PeterGriffin
Yeah, was Bootstrap dead or can he still be saved? confused I didn't quite get that whole part...

Captain_Smith
Bootstrap is dead....his body is dead but his soul has not moved on. He did die, of course the curse didnt work right off the back it took time.. but Bill's body died, but like i said his soul is still on earth.

forumcrew
Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Yeah, was Bootstrap dead or can he still be saved? confused I didn't quite get that whole part...

his soul can still be saved so he doesnt have to work for an eternity for davey jones.

why are we still using this thread? This thread was an exact copy of one started a day before it does this thread have a moderator?

ha, that makes sense. i dont know if keith can act though blink

but the highlight of the movie was def. Barbossa. it was like WHOA!

PeterGriffin
Haha, yep.....'Barbossa...wtf...awesome!...NO! DONT END! SONSOFBITCHES!!! SEQUEL!!!'

Best ending of a movie I've seen in ages. smile

yeah it was almost like a "I am your father.." moment.

awesome-o
the kiss between elizabeth and jack was damn sexy!! ah, the look on will's face was absolute classic! if only she didnt bloody handcuff him.. that spoiled the moment sad

Leggy_n_Merry
Well I knew it was going to be Barbossa because 1. I knew he was going to be in the film.. and he hadn't turned up yet, and 2. it said like someone who knew the waters or whatever it said and so it was obvious it was going to be him (I mean it was obvious if you already knew he was going to be in the film). But it was still a great ending big grin because I didn't know what Barbossa was actually going to do in the film.

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by evilm0nki3
I liked that will saw them kissing.

you liked that?? OMG i was almost in tears i felt so sorry for him, but i mean, youre right, it was good that he saw, allows for lots of fighting in next film, cos he doesnt realise that she did it to save them all so ....

much as eliz was annoying me, i can understand.

JasonKnight
hmm... First thing i cant quite understand is ... WHY IS THE MONKEY STILL UNDEAD?????

if i am remembering correctly, in the first movie they did break the aztec gold curse, and they turned all the undead back into mortals again... please tell me where I am wrong here. next, if they did that, and since thats the reason the monkey was undead. then... why is he still undead if everyone else is not? yea. thats what i cant figure out.

and there is going to be alot more in the 3rd movie then just jacks rescue.

1. Rescue Jack.
2. Fight off the East Indian Trading Company
3. Get the heart (bootstrap bills) from the EITC
4. Will has to destroy the heart (only after the EITC try to use it against will, elizabeth, and the others.)
5. Most likly have some sort of rivalyry between jack and will about eleizabeth.
6. most likly have some sort of rivally between Jack and Barbosa (spl)
7. plus, we all have a weading to go to at the end of the movie.

i think this 3rd one will be between 2 and a half and 3 hours long.

P.S. also, try to stay on the topic at hand and not make fun of my spelling mistakes...

JohnnyD's_babe
it was definetly too long, and i give it a 7/10 as well. I thought it was funny but sometimes it was kinda hard to follow and fairly confusing at parts. for example who was the man who wanted the compass? was he the luntenett in the last movie that served under commador norrington? i didn't get that....

BakaXero
watched the movie
thought it was cool. Damn cliffhanger at the end disgust
I can't believe i stayed to after the credits to see the dog sitting in the chief chair. mmm... dog... yummy.

Spartan005
Originally posted by JohnnyD's_babe
it was definetly too long, and i give it a 7/10 as well. I thought it was funny but sometimes it was kinda hard to follow and fairly confusing at parts. for example who was the man who wanted the compass? was he the luntenett in the last movie that served under commador norrington? i didn't get that....

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the guy who's ship was taking over by Jack and Will in the first one. Then he ended up in the row boat and had to abandon ship...

JohnnyD's_babe
Originally posted by Spartan005
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the guy who's ship was taking over by Jack and Will in the first one. Then he ended up in the row boat and had to abandon ship...

hehe, that was pretty funny in the first movie... i guess we could have predicted that he could b trouble becuz at the end he seemed slightly stunned that norrington let jack go.

neonriot
I saw it last night at the drive in and I thought it was really good..I know some people don't like it but I really thought it was good. First of all Jack will have to be rescued in the first part of the movie because jack makes up the movie, hes definitely not dead. I also think that something will happen between Liz and Jack...but I don't think they will end up together sadly because Will would end up being useless. The one part where they were on that beach and Jack was holding the compass and it lead to where she was sitting but the chest was there too so what was it actually leading too??? And when she holds it it always leads to him. The monster thing though started to get boring I thought because it just kept coming back till Jack actually killed it. Will just really annoys me I can't handle it haha. I can't wait to see the next one though...I'm so happy its coming out next year not like 3 years from now.

neonriot
OH anddd...i think the next one is going to be pretty long...because theres ALOT of things to figure out.

neonriot
"Did anyone see the scene at the end of the credits? It was so cute."

does anyone know what they are talking about? I didn't see that.

In case you didn't know..in the 3rd one..Jack's father is Keith Richards i heard I think it's a small part.

see i had NO idea. when i first heard about them filming the new ones i said to myelf: "its too bad geoffrey rush isnt going to have a part in them..."

because honestly he was the most likeably bad villian in any recent movie ive seen. his performance shouldve been recognized at the oscars i think.

oh and... try not to triple-post neonriot, use the 'edit' button.

Mønkey
Am I the only one that didn't mind the length of a movie?
I mean its not that hard to concentrate on the screen for under three hours and the story was so great that I just got sucked in and time flew by....
Originally posted by forumcrew
his soul can still be saved so he doesnt have to work for an eternity for davey jones.

why are we still using this thread? This thread was an exact copy of one started a day before it does this thread have a moderator? um this thread was the one created first... the other one is the copy...

allofyousuckkk
I really wasn't impressed by this movie.....first off I would give it 6/10.Why?

First off, Jack had no remarkable plan to save Will when he sent him to the ship. He was completely o.k with Will dying.(He made very little attempt at helping him when he asked Davey Jones to return him)

Will was way to forgiving of both Jack and Elizabeth. Jack was going to let him die and he got over it. Elizabeth kissed Jack, and as far aas Will knows it's because she cheated on him.

At the end I knew it was Barbossa. As soon as she said another captain I somehow knew it was Barbossa.

Norington. He resigned, he wasn't fired. Why would he resign and then go to Tortuga(sp?). How did he know the heart was in the jar. How did he get it so fast w/o anyone seeing? Why didn't he check the chest to see if it was in there before checking the jar of dirt? Why didn't the bad guys kill him after her gave them the chest?

Was it really that easy to find a ship and the people on it back then?(Will and Elizabath)

The 3 way sword fight looked way to choreographed and not enough fighting throughout the movie.

The movie was too long for something with such a comprehensible story and no significant twists until the last 5 seconds of it.
The only cool thing was the Crochen(sp?).

Captain's Wench
the legnth didnt seem long enough!! I dont know why people were saying it was too long. 2 1/2 hours isnt that long people!! I hope liz ends up with Jack beacause hes way hotter haha...but then again they make an odd couple and Will would just be left heart broken...UNLESS they made him fall in love with someone else...I just cant wait till the 3rd!

forumcrew
Originally posted by neonriot
"Did anyone see the scene at the end of the credits? It was so cute."

does anyone know what they are talking about? I didn't see that.

In case you didn't know..in the 3rd one..Jack's father is Keith Richards i heard I think it's a small part.

the dog took over as the "god" of the cannibals after the credits.

Your right about Keith Richards, I posted it in one of the other threads... here it is

Originally posted by forumcrew
no it is jacks dad that has a brief role played by Keith Richards (the rock star)
http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/stone-to-join-pirates/2006/07/05/1151778978337.html
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/07/05/keef_narrowweb__300x399,0.jpg

moakes2011
Originally posted by JasonKnight
hmm... First thing i cant quite understand is ... WHY IS THE MONKEY STILL UNDEAD????? after the credits in movie 1 it shows the monkey taking a coin from the chest.....ther ye go

moakes2011
which final line of the movies is better "drink up me'hartys, yoho" or barrbosas last line of movie 2 big grin (cant remember his exact words) big grin

PeterGriffin
Originally posted by Captain's Wench
the legnth didnt seem long enough!! I dont know why people were saying it was too long. 2 1/2 hours isnt that long people!!

It was long. Good movie, but there was a lot of long filller material that didnt really seem to be doing anything to progress the story, hence made it tedious towards the end.

PeterGriffin
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
I really wasn't impressed by this movie.....first off I would give it 6/10.Why?

First off, Jack had no remarkable plan to save Will when he sent him to the ship. He was completely o.k with Will dying.(He made very little attempt at helping him when he asked Davey Jones to return him)

He didnt need to save him at that point, he just needed some time to get the heart. Once he has the heart , he can get Davey Jones to do whatever he wants right? So...he can release his debt and save Will with it. There was no real need to save Will. Plus he was probably hoping Will would find out where the key was, which he did.

Will was way to forgiving of both Jack and Elizabeth. Jack was going to let him die and he got over it. Elizabeth kissed Jack, and as far aas Will knows it's because she cheated on him.

Jack wasnt going to let him die....Davey Jones was holding him there. And just because Will and Elizabeth werent openly fighting or arguing, doesnt mean they dont have a conflict, they have more important things to do first.

At the end I knew it was Barbossa. As soon as she said another captain I somehow knew it was Barbossa.

How did you figure that? He died in the first, and somehow came back for the second. I saw the leaked photo of Jack and Barbossa months ago, yet it was stil a surprise.

Norington. He resigned, he wasn't fired. Why would he resign and then go to Tortuga(sp?). How did he know the heart was in the jar. How did he get it so fast w/o anyone seeing? Why didn't he check the chest to see if it was in there before checking the jar of dirt? Why didn't the bad guys kill him after her gave them the chest?

Where else would he have gone? He said multiple times, he basically lost his whole life after that. He saw the sand on the boat, saw the sand in the jar, put two and two together and voila! Found the heart. He wanted to sneak off pretty quick, he had Will, Jack and Elizabeth close by, plus the undead pirates. And why would the undead pirates bother wasting time trying to kill him after they already had what they were after? If you're trying to look for plotholes or whatever, there arent any.

Was it really that easy to find a ship and the people on it back then?(Will and Elizabath)

The 3 way sword fight looked way to choreographed and not enough fighting throughout the movie.

The movie was too long for something with such a comprehensible story and no significant twists until the last 5 seconds of it.
The only cool thing was the Crochen(sp?).

How often would a ship come into port or leave? Not very often, so chances are they'd end up on the same one at some point. Why is that even an issue, couldnt you have just watched it and enjoyed it instead of picking minor, trivial points?

Not really...how do you choreograph a pirate swordfight...all they do is bash each other with swords...its not like it was all Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon fighting.

Agreed, too long with not much useful content. *Kraken.

Mønkey
Originally posted by Captain's Wench
the legnth didnt seem long enough!! I dont know why people were saying it was too long. 2 1/2 hours isnt that long people!!

I agree with you there!! I would've still loved it if it was four hours long!

jessigem
laughing out loud it was so long i almost couldn't stay after the credits to see that end thing(which wasn't really worth staying) because i had to go to the bathroom so bad. big grin but i agree they could've taken out some of the more serious stuff that wasn't an important part in the story. like they shouldn't have made a new lord guy come, they should've just taken that guy from the first one who stood next to norrington and said "that has got to be the best pirate i've ever seen" and made him commador.

jessigem
uhhh i don't think norrington resigned. he went out on a boat in the middle of a hurricane and i think most of the people who went with him on the ship died because it sank. THen everyone got mad at him for killing their soldiers and he was run out of town. which caused his life to crumble to nothing. it's sad, but he deserved it. but then he lost elizabeth to a blacksmith(even though he's a super hot blacksmith)and had to see her and will kiss right in front of him. i guess that was sad too but he kinda deserved that also since he held that grudge against jack.
that sword fight scene was little cheesy... sad

i think that norrington in the third movie will end up putting aside his differences with them realizing that if he bands together with these guys, he could help save the world and get some hero points with everybody. Norrington is a real smart man, he doesnt put up with crap, and i believe that even though we saw them fighting in this one, that he does have a small passion for all of them. there were so many chances that he could have easily stabbed will or jack, but he didnt. if you watch the movie i think they made that a small thing to notice. they will join together and fight their way out of the depths. Norrington eventually will like being a pirate when he realizes that the crown really is worth fighting for because it has become corrupt.

PeterGriffin
Norrington would get his position as Commodore back now right? So he would have control of the Navy, which would give him a bit of power. I dont know if he'd join Jack or not, he ignored him and arrested him in the first, betrayed and fought him in the second, so he's not on a particularly good relationship with him. The first thing he did when he saw Jack at the tavern was pull a gun on him. The new enemy would have to be pretty severe for him to team up with pirates. Also, does he know about the Indian Trade thing? I wasnt sure about that, was that supposed to be some sort of illegal operation? If so, he will probably team up with the pirates to stop it, but I cant think of anything that would make him side with Jack at the moment...

But I do think his rank (if he got it) would definitely have some impact on the next one.

"I dont know if he'd join Jack or not, he ignored him and arrested him in the first, betrayed and fought him in the second, so he's not on a particularly good relationship with him"

he's a pirate now... and i think once a pirate, always a pirate. his love for his status in the royal navy was that he was fighting for something honorable, the king, the crown. i think that he will realize that the king and the crown arent worth fighting for anymore because it is corrupt. i think beckett will be the key. bedkett will arrest norry for pirating and then he will be like "no matter what your past is, once a pirate always a pirate" and he will have to resort to fighting against the crown in order to make his freedom stand. he will decide to be free. i love what they did with norry, he's cool now and kinda mysterious. the whole 'before and after' thing was well put together.

PeterGriffin
Hopefully so, cause that does sound pretty cool cool

Leggy_n_Merry

Well.. I have never actually liked her, so it's not like I only started hating her when she kissed Jack. I hated her for what she did to Norrington.. that was so cruel.
But yeah when she pretended to faint that was sooo funny!

Yeah that part with the fruit was hilerious too laughing

Originally posted by moakes2011
which final line of the movies is better "drink up me'hartys, yoho" or barrbosas last line of movie 2 big grin (cant remember his exact words) big grin

Well I don't remember the line that Barbossa says but I loved Jack's last line in The Curse of the Black Pearl.. the way he says it and everything. Tis brilliant!

jessigem
the only part i like with elizabeth was when she gave up trying to break up the fight and just fell crosslegged onto the sand and started pouting. then she saw the other guys with the chest and did a double take before she actually got up to chase them. she's pretty goo with a sword though. i didn't expect that from her.
as for the prediction. norrington is gunna give that lord guy the heart in exchange for his old life back. since he's a "pirate" now, he won't have any problem screwing jack and will over and leaving them to die. i've never had much faith in norrington. but he's so hard to predict, so we're probably all wrong. sad

kusuri
i still like lizzy, i hope her n Jack get togetha smile i never liked the willXelizabeth paring in teh first place. i loved when she was using teh compass n it pointed towards jack Happy Dance lol i actually watched teh first movie 3 times (once b4 n twice after) seeing PotC2 lookn for signs that elizabeth really like will, but she only really falls for him as it were, coz he is obvisously infatuated with her... well thats my hopey fan-girl pointaview big grin

n what was teh thing at teh end?

spencerspider
after the credits? just the dog being the new "god" of the cannibals

TheOnes2
After the credit's was pointless. Those cannibal's charged straight at him so we knew he was going to be eaten. Overall, i think that this movie was awesome. (I'd give it 9/10)

Joscail
Originally posted by .messedpace Opera:.
Barbosa. I almost creamed my jeans when he appeared on screen at the end. I wanted so much for this lovely characer to come back, and he has, with a mighty vengence. But how? He was killed. I am shaking just to find out how he lives. My theory is that there is soemthing to be learned, and the captian has a few tricks up his sleave to reveal to us. I dont think that the answer lies in the storyline of the previous film, no twisst or revelations, but something that we dont know happened to him.

OMG! I was SO happy when Barbossa came back! ^^ Jack was the uberhot & ultimate funny guy of the first movie but Barbossa was by far my favourite character!! & I'm not one to read about movies, or check much on them until after I've seen it, so I had absolutely NO idea he was coming back, so it was the ultimate surprise of the movie, & the best thing to happen!! I couldn't stop saying "He's back!" all the way home.
I thought about two things to explain why Barbossa is back, it's possible that he's cursed again, as the monkey got 're-cursed' so Barbossa could have managed to get a coin for himself...or the Tia Dalma (Voodoo lady with black teeth), if she is suggesting that they can bring Jack back (yes I believe he is "dead"wink then it's possible she also brought Barbossa back. There's a LOT of history to various old & new characters, so there's nothing saying that the Tia Dalma & Barbossa don't have history.

They will pull a Star Wars move on us and make these characters a historical icon in cinema history.

I fully agree.

i got really annoyed with the starfish attached to Bootstraps face. that was so annoying its like "RIP THE DAMN THING OFF!!"

laughing I was thinking the same thing!! I was like, "umm, why is that necessary?" Yea, they were all patchy...but a starfish???????

Liz was like totally evil to jack -right after he decided to come back and help save them, which i thought didnt make sense because of the mere fact that it was a character turnover for him, and i thought that liz would be able to see that in him.

That was a necessity. If she didn't do that the dragon would have gone after the small boat & they woulod all be dead. Elizabeth didn't shackle Jack because she was a spiteful little b*tch, she did it because like she said, it was after Jack, not the crew, not the ship, but Jack. So if Jack hadn't have stayed (or been forced to stay) they would all be dead, end of story. Would you have wanted that? & besides! He needed to get his hat!!

hmm... First thing i cant quite understand is ... WHY IS THE MONKEY STILL UNDEAD?????

If you had have read what was on this thread before you would know...there's nothing more annoying then people repeating questions (especially in the same thread!) that have already been asked & answered. If you want to be part of a discussion, read what's already been discussed.

3. Get the heart (bootstrap bills) from the EITC

Umm, I think you mean Davy Jones's heart....maybe you should go see the movie again...

Buy some time, find the chest (containing the heart), control Davy Jones, thus saving Will, who will have found the key by that point to open the chest...What is wrong with that plan?

Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
Well I don't remember the line that Barbossa says but I loved Jack's last line in The Curse of the Black Pearl.. the way he says it and everything. Tis brilliant!

Something along the lines of "So, what has become of my ship?"

I think he said lads/boys/something after he said "So," to address everyone.

Originally posted by jessigem
the only part i like with elizabeth was when she gave up trying to break up the fight and just fell crosslegged onto the sand and started pouting. then she saw the other guys with the chest and did a double take before she actually got up to chase them.

OMG! I loved that from her! It was an awesome part!! the drop to the ground crosslegged & the double take on Pintel (the smarter one) & Ragetti (the one with the fake eye) was so well done!

& I'd just like to ask....What the hell is wrong with a 2 1/2 hour movie? IMO the only movies that should be shorter then that are ones for little kids, between 2 & 9 years old whose attention span isn't very long, or bladder patience very good, older people need more substance to a movie. I can see how some people may not be able to keep up with a movie that involves more then a single, "this happens. bad guy's revealed, hero saves the day, live happily ever after" plot line, but if you are really interested in the movie, you wouldn't complain, you'd just follow it. I had no trouble keeping up with the various histories they were implying.

There was some mention about Lord Cutler Beckett, & who he was, he was NOT in the first movie. He was a new character that had a lot of history with Jack. He'd had a run-in with him before, which is where Jack got the "P" scar on his wrist from. & he wanted the compass, not just to find the chest & control the sea through Davy Jones, but because who wouldn't want a compass that showed you what direction to go to get the one thing you really want?

ladygrim
Well Back from watching and i bloody loved it every minute of it....

What made me happier is that at the end when she asked if they were whilling to risk all to go after him and they all said yes i was like big grin you go team big grin ... bloody hell i havent stopped smiling since ive left the cinema

jessigem
i can't wait to see what barbossa does in the 3rd movie.
and the starfish was pretty annoying, but not as annoying as the muscle/clam/barnacle things on his face. instead of eating that crab off the barrel he could've just ripped a clam thing off his face and ate that. sick

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by Joscail
Something along the lines of "So, what has become of my ship?"

I think he said lads/boys/something after he said "So," to address everyone.

Oh.. well in that case I like the ending line of The Curse of the Black Pearl better then.

jessigem
me too. it ended with the pirate song big grin
mumble mumble, and really bad eggs. drink up me hearties yo ho!! *compass closes*
it was more clever and exciting eek!

katelovespirate
So I haven't really been following the discussion i just had to say, i am very critical of movies, and like someone else said, it was freaking AWESOME. you can critique it on and on- discrepensies, too long, plot-twists, BLAH BLAH BLAH, but the point is, it was the funnest, most magical movie i have seen in a LOOOONG time- it sucked me in, and I had a blast. 3 times. hehehe. i wish it was longer.
the kiss between Jack and Liz was SO EFFING HOTTT. and it really touched me- like, you can so tell she has been wanting to do that the whole movie. and she didnt just do it to kill him. it was a VERY tough choice for her- and obviously one she wants to reverse. just goes to show a lot more goes on in a woman's heart than just making a simple decision. hehe.
anyways, jack got better looking and more enchanting with every shot, Orlando's back is sexy before he gets lashed, the special effects were like, impossibly amazing. SO real looking.
and it was like, pushing the PG13 envelope a little bit.
and by the way, why would you want will when jack was around? i mean, if we go by disney laws, she has to end up with will, but i kinda hope its jack.
this movie is turning me into paris hilton. all i can say is, that's hott.
and its funny how norrington looks way better all scruffy.
and what is this going to be- a love quadrangle in the next one? gosh. i wish i was liz.

Leggy_n_Merry
me too. it ended with the pirate song big grin
mumble mumble, and really bad eggs. drink up me hearties yo ho!! *compass closes*
it was more clever and exciting eek!

Yeah it was big grin

Whoops my other post went wrong and I only realised when it was too late to edit it. Damn it!

Originally posted by katelovespirate
Orlando's back is sexy before he gets lashed, the special effects were like, impossibly amazing. SO real looking.

Hell yeah! Man that was nice.

and it was like, pushing the PG13 envelope a little bit.

Yeah I agree. Like when the people were being tortured that was horrible!

and by the way, why would you want will when jack was around? i mean, if we go by disney laws, she has to end up with will, but i kinda hope its jack.

Nooo no she has to end up with Will! He's like a true romantic.. he's lovely smile Although Jack is obviously lovely too. But poor Will if they would end up together sad And I hope Norrington finds someone. It was so sad in The Curse of the Black Pearl when Elizabeth chose Will like that right in front of him. He must have felt so humiliated bless him. And in Dead Man's Chest when he saw Will and Elizabeth kissing sad Poor man.

KillTheLight
hey guys just got back from seeing it ..I loved it ..it was a little longer then I expected but that just meant more jack sparrow so it was all good anyway stick out tongue..now we just have to wait for the dvd..and the third movie *sits on the edge of my seat*

jessigem
big grin so true....
katelovespirate: you rock!!! eek!
you pointed out all the hottest moments in the movie.
but the funniest were when jack was singing "ive got a jar of dirt, ive got a jar dirt!" and when he said "Look! an undead monkey. *bang* Top that!!" laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Mønkey
Yes I loved the Jar of dirt! Twas Hilarious but I also like Jacks entrance one of the best scenes...he always makes a good entrance doesnt he? In the first movie it was on that sinking boat and here the shot through the coffin. You gotta love it big grin

jessigem
laughing out loud i guess he does, doesn't he? laughing out loud

Captain REX
I don't think it's possible for Jack to make a bad entrance...

jessigem
laughing out loud true. true.

Mønkey
laughing Good ol' Jack! arr!

Leggy_n_Merry

jessigem
big grin big grin big grin

Mønkey
eek! yah! and the whole Jack being a human kebab with the fruit!

jessigem
laughing out loud laughing out loud that was double close when he fell though. the stick almost hit him in the head and the fruit almost hit him in the you-know-where. it was nerve-wracking messed

x_danny_x
arrrgghhhh. This movie was soooooooo NOT GOOD!!! It didnt have the flavor and feel as the first one! It was toooooooo cheesy at times especially when all 3 guys (Jack, Will, and the dude that got the heart) were running and fighting like idiots!

It wasnt like the first when it had good funny jokes..........It was like they were trying in this movie to be funny but werent.

I think they concentrated too much on the CGI and not too much on the plot of the movie.

THIS MOVIE SMELLS WORSE THAN MONKEY POOP!

I hope the third one is as good as the first! The reason why it did soooooo good at the box office is because everybody has so much hope for this movie but it really was such a let down!

Jedi Priestess

Grimm22
I really wish that the new captain coming down the stairs was Chuck Noris cool

Seriously, I would have gotten up and started clapping if it was stick out tongue

Captain Chuck Noris.. how amazing would that be big grin

Solo
I was really underwhelmed by POTC 2. The writing was horrible. The movie was way too long for it's own good.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
OK since many people misunderstood. What I meant by too long wasnt that 2.5 hours is too long for a movie to run. Its too long for THIS movie to run. And I dont mean a POTC movie. I mean Dead Mans Chest. Too long, too much action, too many subplots, and too many special effects. Im not saying it sucked, it wasnt a bad movie at all. It just didnt have the "zing" the first one did IMHO. That was my take on it. smile

Is it possible for a movie to have too much action? What the f**k?

Mišt
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
OK since many people misunderstood. What I meant by too long wasnt that 2.5 hours is too long for a movie to run. Its too long for THIS movie to run. And I dont mean a POTC movie. I mean Dead Mans Chest. Too long, too much action, too many subplots, and too many special effects. Im not saying it sucked, it wasnt a bad movie at all. It just didnt have the "zing" the first one did IMHO. That was my take on it. smile

Haha, yep agreed. It just didnt have the structure or feel of the first, was way too disorganized for the plot. They left too many loose ends for the next film, I mean fair enough leave some things left open for now, but in the next one they have to finish up everything from this one, plus throw in the new asian bad dude and the new plotline messed Crazy...

They could have cut out that whole tribal shit from the movie, that did absolutely nothing for the movie except have Will meet up with Jack, totally unnecessary. Thats about the only thing I can pick from the top of my head that had nothing to progress it, and it wasnt even that interesting to see him running away from them. Except when he hit that rock and went flipping over the cliff, that was nuts. laughing out loud Oh yeah and that Matrix bullet time thing, wtf was that? That was just so un-POTC, it looked cool, but he could have just shot it in real time.

It was a good movie, but something was missing, it didnt have that piratey feeling that the first one did.

Originally posted by Grimm22
I really wish that the new captain coming down the stairs was Chuck Noris cool

Seriously, I would have gotten up and started clapping if it was stick out tongue

Captain Chuck Noris.. how amazing would that be big grin

laughing OMG I would have crapped myself! laughing out loud

Mådness

ladygrim

katelovespirate
smile Gosh i love my job. i get paid to sit around doing nothing, so i can chat about my obsessive tendencies for adventure films.
I'm sorry. i love this film. i find it delightfully ironic that about half the movie didn't HAVE to be in there for the story, but it was soooooo fun anyways. you get to see more sparrow that way. in my world, not everything has to have an ultimate point. its a movie. just have fun with it.
I was inspired to chart out my hottest moments list.

1. jack and liz's intense kiss. and then jack calling her a pirate with that look on his face... that won out for my favorite all time bit of acting- depp at his best in that moment.
2. one word: CURIOSITY.
3. Jack attacking the kraken "hello beastie..." most herioc, dashing thing ever.
4. right before will gets lashed. okay sorry, i am not a sadist or anything, but the intensity of this moment is just heart-stopping.
5. the brawl at tortuga. i laughed so hard, gee, harder than ever maybe.
6. when the three guys are fighting. three gorgeous men, swordfights, good music? yes please.

hmm thats all i can think of for now- because the whole movie was hott. a few comments: Kiera is gorgeous and her acting has grown, but her hair looked awful in this film. lol. or maybe it just looked better in the first one. and she is totally popping out of her dress in the first few scenes. orlanda has beefed up, lets credit "Kingdom of Heaven" for that one. If Depp were any sexier he might explode. You know what else i loved? How gritty it was in this sense- all the pirates teeth were rotting! i know they did that in the 1st but i noticed it more in this one. made me want to brush and floss. wow this is like a reprise of my last post. hehehe.

did they borrow the morder set for the jack's entrance or what?!

So here's my question. can we somehow get Han Solo and Jack Sparrow into a movie together?

Here's another question: How seriously are you all taking the numerous foreshadows in this film???

katelovespirate
by the way, what happened to that annoying lady sailor from the 1st film? im glad she's outa there.

let's just smile and think about the phrase "i happen to have no dress in my cabin."

jessigem
if you have NOTHING nice to say about the movie, don't say it at all.
at least other people had good AND bad points.

if you mean Anamaria you just signed your own death warrant.....

x_danny_x
if you have NOTHING nice to say about the movie, don't say it at all.
at least other people had good AND bad points.

that hurt babe sad

jessigem
life sux, deal with it cool

atheist
I really enjoyed the 1st movie, it was a fun summer flic that was mindless but entertaining.

However, I found pirates 2 to be 2.5 hrs of boredom that was slow moving and generally stupid. I did enjoy the 3 way sword fight but I thought davy jones and his crew of sea monsters were very dumb and childish. On a good note the special effects were good but the plot was bad and I just wanted to leave the theatre but I didnt cause I paid $10 to get in.

jessigem
really? my ticket was only $8.
and see what i'm talking about in the above entry? good AND bad criticism....it's appreciated big grin

x_danny_x
life sux, deal with it cool

walks out in shame sad no

Leggy_n_Merry

evilm0nki3
Ours were on $8 dollars too hehe

x_danny_x
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
Well yeah but if she didn't find that much good about it then you don't have to talk about it. We can discuss anything we want. We're mostly talking about good stuff aren't we (well of course haha). But I know what you mean.. there was no need to say the monkeypoop bit or anything.

i apologize embarrasment sad

pinkfloydkor
pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate pirate GOD THAT WAS AWESOMEEE!!!!

jessigem
great big grin welcome to the group cheers

SpiderGurl
Even though this movie isn't a great movie, it's the only one this year that's gotten me to come back to these forums (last time I posted here was when Spidey 2 came out). Since then movies have been bland and not worth talking about. Yes, POTC was disorganized, long, dull in some parts, but surprisingly the most entertaining movie I've seen this year. They really did add an interesting twist -- the Liz and Jack bit. Even my friend who hasn't seen it won't believe me when I suggest there's some love interest between the two (she was like "NO, they wouldn't go there." haha.. but I'm glad they did go there because johnny and keira have A LOT of chemistry, and it might have to do with how keira looks a whole lot like johnny's ex-fiance, winona ryder. Anyway, i definitely think liz has feelings for jack, succumbed to her dark desires, and disguised it under her act of trickery, pbb as a way to tell herself she's not really in love with jack but that she's doing it for the safety of the others. Anyone agree with me on that?

jessigem
i agree Kiera and Wynona look alike. A LOT alike. when i was younger and i saw edward scissorhands, that was the first time i'd seen wynona. then pirates came out and i got confused because i thought kiera was wynona and i was thinking "shouldn't she be old?". but then i watched edward scissorhands again and saw that they only have have the same face.
i think this movie was the most exciting all year because all they're doing with movies now is remaking old ones and the new ideas are really ripoffs from other movies. almost every movie this year has had the same plot. so Pirates to the Rescue!! big grin

sweet_kat22
I was also a bit disappointed in the 2nd movie, Mainly because it did not do the first movie justice. And Johnny could have done wayyy better then that as Jack. I was expecting much more from him especially because I did not love him as much as I did in the first movie. As for the story line the jokes were as good as the first BUT the dramatic parts sucked crap. They could have written the script for Will and Elizabeths love a bit more better to me it was sitting there like those cheesy movies when are like "oh I love you Ill get you revenge blah blah".
Anyway, as for the audiences point of view, no one really paid attention much to the fact that the monkey is undead. IE: Remember he took the gold from the chest at the end of the first movie? Well doesnt that mean the rest of the crew is undead again? Which explains Barbossas return. Most of you have been saying that the lady brought him back to life. Could be if my theory is not correct. BUT If my theory is correct this may explain that Jack is still alive because he is also UNDEAD again because of the monkey, they didnt want the audience to figure this out. They wanted to "trick" the audience so their all pissed off and figure out his escape in the third movie. Since Jack is the Captain of the black Pearl again he is ALSO undead all crew members are cursed again but no one really pays attention to that sideline much because they did not reveal that Jack is undead.

PS: I hope that Jack and liz hook up in the third movie, Id like them better as a couple then Will and Liz, Will= Wussy pirate lol. I really freaked when she kissed Jack but I hated her for tricking him :P

As someone pointed out on this board somewhere, that She did it because she didnt want to admit to herself that she loves Jack, could be a good theory. Which could lead to a sword fight over Liz in the third movie heh.

That is just my theory it could be wrong but it could be right.

Forgive me if I rambled on too much I am a film studies major IE: Film critiquing.

jessigem
just because the monkey stole one coin doesn't mean the whole crew is undead. only the person/thing that steals the gold becomes undead. therefore, only the monkey is undead. nobody pays attention to that sideline because it's not a sideline. sorry, but that fact alone pretty much pushes your theory down the drain. also, the pearl sank, it went down with the kraken and jack. so he's not really the captain of the pearl anymore.sorry for the bad news sad

pinkfloydkor
just because the monkey stole one coin doesn't mean the whole crew is undead. only the person/thing that steals the gold becomes undead. therefore, only the monkey is undead. nobody pays attention to that sideline because it's not a sideline. sorry, but that fact alone pretty much pushes your theory down the drain. also, the pearl sank, it went down with the kraken and jack. so he's not really the captain of the pearl anymore.sorry for the bad news sad

BUT, the whole captain went down with his ship thing might factor in because when Jack jumped into the kraken, he was still captain

sweet_kat22
I dont remember it saying Each member of the crew individually took a piece of gold, it said that ONE piece of gold was taken the piece that Will had, that was given to him by his father. Since the whole crew was cursed when that ONE piece of gold was taken doesnt that mean they are cursed again?

katelovespirate
"As someone pointed out on this board somewhere, that She did it because she didnt want to admit to herself that she loves Jack, "

ooooooo neat twist, didnt think about it that way. nothing like a pirate soap opera. hehehe.

pinkfloydkor
hmm, but they were all killed in the beggining of the second. Barbossa definatly died in the first, so something brough him back to life, and Tia is the most obvious guess

iwhisperinpink
At the end of the movie, with the Voodo lady...I thought that it was Jack who was coming down the stairs. But then when i saw that it was Barbossa. i was like "WHOAAAAAAA..." and the cut to credits i was like "WTF!!" But it was an awesome movie. The critics don't seem to like it very much but $132 million worth of people sure did..so yea. So beat that Luke Skywalker or whoever, lol! So i loved it and i have pirate-mania right now and i'm dying for the thrid

pinkfloydkor
yea, when you saw the boots coming down the stairs, I almost shouted out, WHO THE BLOODY F-ING HELL IS IT!!!!!

jessigem
pirate pirate2
we all have pirate mania rolling on floor laughing

pinkfloydkor
May 25 2007

pinkfloydkor
There was a title released, but Disney is denying it, Pirates 3:At worlds End

sweet_kat22
Yeah I thought it was Jack coming down the stairs that Ending would have been A LOT better and would have ended with the audience in relief instead of tension.

I swear I was on the edge of my seat when I saw the boots I was like JACK!!!! Then Barbossas face and I was like "Damn you!"

Anyway, Yes Barbossa is dead at the end of the first movie, but doesnt UNDEAD mean anything? If he was already dead the curse could bring them back as UNDEAD and not living.

Get my drift here though? If he is already dead the curse could bring him and the other crew members that were killed back just because they are under the curse. AND when the gold is put back they will die again.

danny_v
when the boots were coming down the stairs, i turned to my friend next to me in te theatre and said " its Barbosa, 50 bucks!!". And then, i saw Barbosa eat a chunk out of his apple and i was like " i definately called that!!!" laughing

pinkfloydkor
nice call

jessigem
yay for you!! did you get 50 bucks? eek!

danny_v
i wish i did, but my friend just said "nice call" and left it at that. sucks. bangin. lol

jessigem
sad that does suck.

pinkfloydkor
you should sue

sweet_kat22
So technically I am saying it COULD be possible that they are all under the curse still and the only way Jack can live through being eaten by the Kraken is the fact that he is UNDEAD like the rest of the crew since the monkey took the piece of gold, it doesnt have to be the whole crew individually to have taken a piece otherwise in the first movie they would have been looking all over for pieces of gold instead of ONE piece of gold. Since Barbossa is back that means that he is UNDEAD just like the monkey, when the monkey took the gold Barbossa and his crew IE Jack too because he is Captain of the black pearl. Which is one of the posibilities that is how Jack will survive being eaten by the Kraken.

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
As for the future of Jack Sparrow, I can just see it now in part 3, the giant squid rises to the surface of the ocean, where Jack Sparrow is seen riding on it's back, holding seaweed reigns in his hands to manipulate his newly tamed wild beast.

YES Happy Dance rock That would be great!

jessigem
no. it's not. they were only looking for one peice of gold in first movie because that was the only peice left to find because it had belonged to bootstrap(barbossa said they had spent years collecting all the gold peices). when the crew found the gold, they all split it individually. that's why they were all undead. but they all gave back the coins and the blood to be repaid. they couldn't find the last coin or the blood because bootstrap had given the coin to his son, will, and they found out about the curse after they sent him down to davey jones locker. they thought they were doomed(because the curse can't be lifted unless every coin is in the chest), but then found out that will had the coin and since he's the son of bootstrap, has the same blood. Therefore, nobody is currently cursed from the gold, except the monkey, because they all gave back their gold peices and put at least a drop of their blood into the chest. do you get it? no expression

danny_v
also, at the beginning of the movie, the monkey turns to bones in the moonlight because it is cursed, but Jack stays normal in the moonlight throughout, which means that noone else could be cursed other than the monkey.

pinkfloydkor
yea, I noticed that, but wouldnt the crew wonder why the monkey never died?

danny_v
i dont know??? that is kind of weird actually, unless they already knew that it took a coin and just failed to mention it?

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by x_danny_x
i apologize embarrasment sad

Nooo it's ok! You did have a right to say it it's just it sounded like childish or something lol. Don't be sorry it's fine smile

Man loads have been written in here since last time I came in here (which was like earlier today). But I don't have time to read it all I have to go soon.

pinkfloydkor
yea, I post alot. Im sitting here with nothing to do. Just like the last.. uhhh day? Week? Era? I think ive lost track of time

jessigem
laughing out loud i bet i post more!! i have even less to do... eek! except friday im supposed to go bowling or something....i suck at bowling sad

pinkfloydkor
Oh yea? Im stranded 2 hours driving time from my house with a 3 year old, 4 year old, 7 year old, 2 year old, 1 year old, and a 11 month old Baby. Now, who has less to do?

danny_v
i guess u do. laughing jk. doesn't sound like too much fun though.

jessigem
ugh that sucks for you. i don't like little kids no expression. they cry too much....

DRAKONS
That movie rocked!!!It has everything-Action,Adventure,Comedy,Horror(Well not much but still)
I hope the third well as as great as thisone or even greater couz i can honestly say i like POTC 2 beter than the first one and i cant wait to now how they are gona get jack back to life!!!

jessigem
yea, i liked the first one more happy

DRAKONS
The Second had much more actions and there was comedy too which wasnt in the first and i must say what many have sed before but it still rocks Jonhy Depp did it again the fighting the faling the fruts the running in the wheel like a hamster and then being acedently knokcked out and that poor dogy beign chased by the dudes oh man you got to love this movie

pinkfloydkor
yea, Id say it is almost as good as the first. The people that say they dont like it are probly not thinking about the 2nd one as a necessary piece in the pirate puzzle

DRAKONS
Meybe the first one didnt actualy say it all couz most of the people here(i think atleast)wanted to actualy see Jack as Captain of The Black Pearl not just beg BARBAROSA to give him the Back PEARL.Ok i must admit that at the second movie The Black Pearl diddnt look as strong nor terefying as in the first.And People are actualy waiting Will and Elizbet to MARRY!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>