Atum the God Eater goes on ramage who will it take to stop him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bbrem123
Will the high cosmic powers have to step in?

kgkg
batkick nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!

golem370
Thanos Adam Warlock & Power Gem Drax the Destroyer

lilnutta12
nice and simple - AUNTMAY AUNT MAY

bbrem123
Atum is immensely powerful; he is believed to be more powerful than any other known god on Earth. Atum emanates light and heat as bright as the sun as blasts and while flying.

Atum possesses god-like abilities, the full extent remains to be revealed. He can generate light, heat, and plasma on levels par with Earth's sun, and can survive even in the heart of the sun or in deep space. He can fly at faster-than-light speeds.

Atum is able to absorb the essences, powers, and abilities of others, even other gods and abstract entities. When doing so, Atum undergoes a physical transformation into Demogorge, with wings, grey skin, and increased power. As Demogorge casts off excess power gained in this manner, he gradually transforms back into his original form.

is atum capable of absorbing beings like galactus?

bbrem123
Originally posted by lilnutta12
nice and simple - AUNTMAY AUNT MAY

lol laughing

the Darkone
Originally posted by golem370
What the f**k?Thanos Adam Warlock & Power Gem Drax the Destroyer

Autm the God-Eater will kill them, Atum is above skyfathers and elder gods, hell he is up their with cube beings inpure pwoer.

golem370
Kubik?

lilnutta12
you people dont realise the might of aunt may and squirrel girl for that matter together this team will completeley annihalate atum/demogre

utterly listen again people utterly

bbrem123
in Demogorge form i think he is above kubik...his strength will increase with each victim he consumes

Mider
he's above elder gods who are big time bad chthon got his own dimension he's more powerful then mephesto, dormammu im guessing since he has been sealed out of this dimension, and set one alternate version thor or odin came to the 616 saying that set had taken over the universe including asgard.

bigbran
mephesto brings him to his dimension and him and blackheart and somee demons take him down.

Mider
yeah right, he can just absorb there powers.

bigbran
Originally posted by Mider
yeah right, he can just absorb there powers. hmm, rkt.

the Darkone
Atum the God-Eater/ Demogorge will smite them like he did before, the old elder gods devolve into demons and left into pocket universe to escape Atum wraths including Set, Cthon, Cyttorak etc. Demogorge form is unbeatable it will aborb beings to make it more powerful than before, he can absorb all of the sky fathers on earth and kick Dormmonu, Mepshisto ass out of their own realm.

the Darkone
Originally posted by bigbran
hmm, rkt.

hell no, Atum the God Eater/ Demorge will kick Rune King thor ass back to mommy, Atum is the most powerful god like beings on Earth.

bigbran
rune king thor isnt from earth.

tyrant 100%.

bigbran
Originally posted by the Darkone
hell no, Atum the God Eater/ Demorge will kick Rune King thor ass back to mommy, Atum is the most powerful god like beings on Earth. so how does he get beat then?

rotiart
If Atum faced RKT. It would be a hard pressed fight.. but the Atum would have the Odinforce flowing through him.. and the rune magic? Jesus... Atum at that level would cripple just about every team on earth.. Dr. Strange would have to open a portal to toss Atum on Planet Hulk or something.

bbrem123
atum can absorb abstract entities does that include the top tier cosmic beings?

or should there be a line drawn?

K Von Doom
I'm certain that there's no god from any pantheon and mystic beings that Atum can't beat, including skyfathers, elder gods and rkt.

Atum would likely lose to higher cosmics like Order and Chaos, Tribunal, Eternity, Death... etc.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by K Von Doom
I'm certain that there's no god from any pantheon and mystic beings that Atum can't beat, including skyfathers, elder gods and rkt.

Atum would likely lose to higher cosmics like Order and Chaos, Tribunal, Eternity, Death... etc.

Agreed. I think the only ones who can beat him are the cosmics. He's just way too powerful.

rotiart
Isn't Atum dancing forever the eternal dance.. forever... with Seth...

Sixth_Winged
He's in the sun. Set is again on some other dimension AFAIK. I dunno about Seth, but last time i saw him was JLA/Avengers but it was plucked from time.

guy222
Tiamut, Arishem or Exitar destroys Atum

Mr. Slippyfist
Guarantee Spider-Man would fight him if he went on a rampage, in a comic...

Otherwise... Red Hulk. smile

iceman24567
Originally posted by guy222
Tiamut, Arishem or Exitar destroys Atum It would eat them alive Happy Dance

JediSamuraiMRB
Originally posted by guy222
Tiamut, Arishem or Exitar destroys Atum

thumb up

guy222
Evening Jedi

Horrificus
I think his whole thing is "Mystic" in nature. It remains to be seen how he would do against Cosmic beings with powers that are non-mystic in nature.
But, I think he has the silver bullet for most mystic/magic beings.

KRS-Brandon
shuma gorath

celestialdemon
Originally posted by KRS-Brandon
shuma gorath

Shuma Gorath vs Atum would be an awesome fight.

Count Nefaria
I think high ranking cosmics would have to step in to stop Demogorge.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Mider
he's above elder gods who are big time bad chthon got his own dimension he's more powerful then mephesto, dormammu im guessing since he has been sealed out of this dimension, and set one alternate version thor or odin came to the 616 saying that set had taken over the universe including asgard. yea he has taken over other universes too.

demogorge is not to be played with.

it would take someone like tyrant levels.

celeyhyga17
Demogorge was punked hard in secret invasion.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Demogorge was punked hard in secret invasion. yea he was, lets just ignore the awful writing

Warlord
Superman

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Warlord
Superman laughing out loud

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
mephesto brings him to his dimension and him and blackheart and somee demons take him down. atum has smacked down mephisto like an insect before, it also was after the lords of death merged there realms to supercharge there power.

as for the thread i would say a high end non magical being like fp tyrant or tenebrous and aeigis or maybe higher seeing as even galactus cant punk mephisto like that

zopzop
Zom, Shuma-Gorath, Archenemy, easily. Archenemy don't get too much respect on this forum smile I feel like making a "respect" thread for both he and Zom.

I have a feeling the Vishanti can put him in his place too, but I'm not a 100% on that.

Of course anything FP Galactus level and over can do it too : Celestials, FP Tyrant, etc...

Stoic
Originally posted by K Von Doom

i forgot who Atum ate, but he was obliterated by the deity in his belly. Atum can be stopped by many characters, and he's not as powerful as many let on.

TheTyrant
The Skrull God who made him explode.

Stoic
Originally posted by TheTyrant
The Skrull God who made him explode.

Yes that's the guy. Did Atum job, or did we see his true colors?

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Stoic
Yes that's the guy. Did Atum job, or did we see his true colors?

Mikaboshi was able to kill that god and imo Demogorge > Mikaboshi. So, imo Atum did job.

Stoic
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Mikaboshi was able to kill that god and imo Demogorge > Mikaboshi. So, imo Atum did job.

I'd hold off on weighing Amatsu Mikaboshi just yet. Also what's the deal with not introducing the African mythological deities? I've read that in African Myth, that there is a Thinder god named Tilo. Is this a racist thing?

Colossus-Big C
Yes that's the guy. Did Atum job, or did we see his true colors? if you saw what atum did to mephisto you would clearly know he did a massive job in that issue
the writer also didnt know a thing about atum as seeing he was being drawn the size of hercules when in his classic appearences he is about 40ft tall

Colossus-Big C
here is classic atum
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153614-thor_annual_1982__010_17.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153612-thor_annual_1982__010_18.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153611-thor_annual_1982__010_19.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153610-thor_annual_1982__010_20.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153633-thor_annual_1982__010_31.jpg

see the look on odins face
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153606-thor_annual_1982__010_21.jpg

Lord Paragon
Galactus and Beyonder

Enough said

bbrem123
it kinda depends on how many gods he has eatin no?

the more he consume the stronger he gets

Stoic
Originally posted by bbrem123
it kinda depends on how many gods he has eatin no?

the more he consume the stronger he gets

Strength vs Reality shifters... I'll go with reality for the win. Also Amazo would mash him at it's best.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by bbrem123
Atum is immensely powerful; he is believed to be more powerful than any other known god on Earth. Atum emanates light and heat as bright as the sun as blasts and while flying.

Atum possesses god-like abilities, the full extent remains to be revealed. He can generate light, heat, and plasma on levels par with Earth's sun, and can survive even in the heart of the sun or in deep space. He can fly at faster-than-light speeds.

Atum is able to absorb the essences, powers, and abilities of others, even other gods and abstract entities. When doing so, Atum undergoes a physical transformation into Demogorge, with wings, grey skin, and increased power. As Demogorge casts off excess power gained in this manner, he gradually transforms back into his original form.

is atum capable of absorbing beings like galactus? i know this is kinda abc logic but he got owned by that skrull god yet mikiboshi pwned her pretty easy. what does that mean for atum?

Uriel005
As said before how much did he eat. If he's eaten all the elder gods I say there isn't much short of abstracts going to stop him. Maybe a Well fed galactus if he stops feeding energy to eternity.

Colossus-Big C
Strength vs Reality shifters... I'll go with reality for the win. Also Amazo would mash him at it's best. laughing out loud almost all the elder gods are reality warpers buddy, at levels high enough to make eternity feel threatin
demogorge is pretty much immune to a good level of that stuff

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
i know this is kinda abc logic but he got owned by that skrull god yet mikiboshi pwned her pretty easy. what does that mean for atum? thats lowballing.
galactus got owned by thor but do people use that as abc logic?
not to mention galactus will be jobbed out in this new chaos war like atum was

Lord_Talron
im just wondering, thats all

Colossus-Big C
im just wondering, thats all

you should also note that the skrull god had 900 pantheons of gods within him self like they said in the comic, people seem to not remember that part

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
you should also note that the skrull god had 900 pantheons of gods within him self like they said in the comic, people seem to not remember that part then how is that lowballing?

Colossus-Big C
then how is that lowballing? because no one seems to aknowledge that one part, but that still is a low showing demogorge has ate thousands of gods before with no problem

rotiart
Well the problem is that the skull goddess has no form... Supposedly he is constantly changing shape... I think him try to devour someone who's mass index was constantly fluctuating every second is what got him and not her level of power over atum

bbrem123
i know this is kinda abc logic but he got owned by that skrull god yet mikiboshi pwned her pretty easy. what does that mean for atum?

mikiboshi seems to be on some crazy level now himself...hes now the void that was before everything or something like that...now they are saying something about him being the bigger then the IG and annihilation wave or somehting

what im getting at is he is a beast and i wouldnt be surprised if he turns out to be some crazy powerful abstract

bbrem123
Originally posted by rotiart
Well the problem is that the skull goddess has no form... Supposedly he is constantly changing shape... I think him try to devour someone who's mass index was constantly fluctuating every second is what got him and not her level of power over atum

yea atum could have killed her then and there....but he didnt and tried to eat her...which didnt turn out to well for him

zopzop
@bbrem123

That whole issue and arc sucked b@lls! Atum was acting/speaking like a retarded 8 year old. Completely out of character. And as a final insult, some has been Skrull goddess does him in? That idiot writer should be fired.

Lord_Talron
Pak? big grin

bbrem123
Originally posted by zopzop
@bbrem123

That whole issue and arc sucked b@lls! Atum was acting/speaking like a retarded 8 year old. Completely out of character. And as a final insult, some has been Skrull goddess does him in? That idiot writer should be fired.

agreed thumb up

Lord_Talron
the most disconcerting thing about that arc was; it would seem to me, that the skrull goddess was nothing more than a regular skrull who just shapeshifted more than normal confused

TheLordofMurder
IMHO...

Atum should rank as the greatest of the Elder God level characters and is only surpassed by Cube beings and beyond; although it must be stated that he could surpass a Cube being depending on how much Godly power he has consummed...

So to answer the OP's initial question...Kubik, The Shaper of Worlds, or The Maker (with the Beyonders personality in control) would be the weakest characters that could defeat Atum.

Johnny Sorrow
You have to wonder why Demogorge didn't simply suck their essences into his hands. Instead he had to literally eat them.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
IMHO...

Atum should rank as the greatest of the Elder God level characters and is only surpassed by Cube beings and beyond; although it must be stated that he could surpass a Cube being depending on how much Godly power he has consummed...

So to answer the OP's initial question...Kubik, The Shaper of Worlds, or The Maker (with the Beyonders personality in control) would be the weakest characters that could defeat Atum. i agree 100%
if odin with a fraction of earths skyfathers powers in the destroyer can challenge the celestials i bet if atum comsumes the current pantheons like he wants too he would be celestial level, and then maybe he can go comsume cyttorak then shuma gorath than zom

the Darkone
Too take on rampage Atum would be Cube Beings and above, Atum is a badass but there always someone badder.

bbrem123
Originally posted by the Darkone
Too take on rampage Atum would be Cube Beings and above, Atum is a badass but there always someone badder. thumb up quite true

Endless Mike
Ramage?

CosmicSurfer
The Asgardian Destroyer imbued with all the essences of Asgard would destroy Atum. how is he going to absorb a 2000 ft tall Destroyer?

Trion juggernaut should take him. Again he's huge or at least as tall.

Colossus-Big C
Dude, size means nothing
if zeus odin and seth are able to grow like 10,000 ft tall what is stopping atum from doing that?
not to mention he doesnt need to physical eat them he can just absorb there essence through his hands

CosmicSurfer
Dude, size means nothing
if zeus odin and seth are able to grow like 10,000 ft tall what is stopping atum from doing that?
not to mention he doesnt need to physical eat them he can just absorb there essence through his hands

I've never seen Demogorge grow as tall as he wants. He ain't Apocalypse. Unless you can prove it. And he must physically absorb a god in order to add their powers to his own. Again, show me proof that he doesn't need to do this.

zopzop
Originally posted by CosmicSurfer
I've never seen Demogorge grow as tall as he wants. He ain't Apocalypse. Unless you can prove it. And he must physically absorb a god in order to add their powers to his own. Again, show me proof that he doesn't need to do this.

During the Atlantis Attacks arc he grew to Set's size and larger. And yes it was shown on panel.

Colossus-Big C
he also absorbed seth(the death god) through his hands in those scans i posted

CosmicSurfer
i still think the asgardian destroyer would give atum a run for his money. i just don't see atum beating it. this same destroyer was capable of loping off a celestial's arm. it took an entire host to melt it into slag. can the demogorge regenerate?

Colossus-Big C
thor said atum was invunerable ,thats why he had to attack it from inside (which imo is plot device since people more powerful than him who was absorbed cant do that(sl gurt was to complicated to digest))

but i agree the destroyer can kill him, the writer has said the destroyer can kill galactus himself

Sr J-Bieb
atum has smacked down mephisto like an insect before, it also was after the lords of death merged there realms to supercharge there power.

as for the thread i would say a high end non magical being like fp tyrant or tenebrous and aeigis or maybe higher seeing as even galactus cant punk mephisto like that Never happened.

Colossus-Big C
laughing out loud i posted the scans dude

Sr J-Bieb
laughing out loud i posted the scans dude My word carries more weight, tbh.

If that doesn't work, you went back in the future to answer a post. What did you expect a retort to be?

Colossus-Big C
My word carries more weight, tbh.what?

If that doesn't work, you went back in the future to answer a post. What did you expect a retort to be? wut?

Sr J-Bieb
what?

wut? Exactly.

Colossus-Big C
anyway here is the scan
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1153611-thor_annual_1982__010_19.jpg

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by zopzop
During the Atlantis Attacks arc he grew to Set's size and larger. And yes it was shown on panel. is this what you are talking about?

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/seteldergod8.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.