Gamecube games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PeterGriffin
Whats some good gamecube games to get? They're on sale now so Im going to get a gamecube tomorrow and some games but I've never played one before.. confused Probably rogue squadron 2....and super smash but I dont know what else.. confused

Stalker 360
star fox is good
metal gear twin snakees is great
mario kart

ill edit with more soon

Morridini
I also liked the Metroid Prime games.
Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader is a must. Other interesting games are:
Mario Sunshine - not that great, but surely entraining,
Second Sight - a multi console game and I liked the GC version,
Soul Calibur II - of all the versions I prefer the GC version, Link alone makes it better then the rest.
Resident Evil 4 - truly a brilliant game, not that scary, but u can never relax either, although the PS2 version has some more bonus stuff.

MadMel
super smash bros melee...a must get..

AstroFan
Eternal Darkness

kamikz
Zelda Wind Waker. (Collectors Edition)
Super Smash Bros Melee.
Metal Gear Twin Snakes.
Mario Kart Double Dash.

That's some I recommend. (Not really the last one but it is pretty fun sometimes....)

pinkfloydkor
Smash Bros Melee of course, then If you like multi-player, get 1 mario party game and mabey wario ware or something. Try to get the GC edition of Zelda: Ocarina of time, it is the single greatest game ever

BackFire
Metroid Prime = Best gamecube game. Get that one above all else.

Also RE4, Mario Kart Double Dash, WindWaker,

DarkC
Super Smash Brothers Melee.

The replayability of that game is just unbelievable.

Resident Evil 4 as well.

pinkfloydkor
You would be entertained for months if you just bought Smash Bros

MadMel
damn straight...also get metroid prime and the gc version od ocarina of time..i dont have it, but i hear its awesome!!

pinkfloydkor
yea, GC OoT is awesome. Just like playing the old game, but with different controls

MadMel
cool

RedAlertv2
Mario Tennis is ridiculously fun if you have people to play with

pinkfloydkor
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Mario Tennis is ridiculously fun if you have people to play with

Yea, most def

Impediment
RE4
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Metroid Prime
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario Kart Double Dash
Resident Evil 1 (The remake)

InnerRise
Or you could wait and get the Nintendo Revolution which will still play any Gamecube games that you still want to play.

is it comprehensible.....

Impediment
I thought that the Wii's backward compatibility didnt initially feature the Gamecube. It goes from NES, SNES, and N64. Along with the Sega master system, the Genesis, and Turbo Grafx 16.

InnerRise
As far as I know it will play Gamecube games as well.

MadMel
it does, dont worry about that..

PeterGriffin
Yeah I didnt end up getting one, proabably just wait and chip in a few extra bucks and get a Wii erm

MadMel
good man..

InnerRise
Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Yeah I didnt end up getting one, proabably just wait and chip in a few extra bucks and get a Wii erm
The wait is definitely worth it and you'll be happy you did.

sidekick
sonic dx but i could go on for hours

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Whats some good gamecube games to get? They're on sale now so Im going to get a gamecube tomorrow and some games but I've never played one before.. confused Probably rogue squadron 2....and super smash but I dont know what else.. confused
It depends what sort of games you like playing...give us a clue, you know... Adventure? Shooting? Beat 'em up? Platforms? Racing?

I'd get SSBM, anyone can have fun one that! yes If you like Mario, get Double Dash, Sunshine & Luigi's Mansain (which is a little like Ghost Busters.)

If you like Zelda, get Wind Waker. Like beat 'em ups? Get Soul Calibur 2/3.

General Kaliero
*ahem* Beat 'em ups are usually sidescrollers with multiple weak enemies on a level to kill. Soul Calibur II is a versus fighting game, one on one battles on a stage. whistle

If you DO like beat 'em ups though, can't go wrong with Viewtiful Joe.

InnerRise
Originally posted by General Kaliero
*ahem* Beat 'em ups are usually sidescrollers with multiple weak enemies on a level to kill. Soul Calibur II is a versus fighting game, one on one battles on a stage. whistle

If you DO like beat 'em ups though, can't go wrong with Viewtiful Joe. That's exactly what I was thinking. Viewtiful Joe.

Although I got stuck on the level where Viewtiful Joe fights himself, and I never got past it, so I never got any of the later Viewtiful Joe games.

crazy_shadow
metroid prime, pikmin, super smash

((The_Anomaly))
Metroid Prime (THE Must have GC Game, so buy it, my favorite game of ANY game for the current generation systems)

Zelda: Wind Waker (fantastic game, better then Majora's Mask IMO and if your not like those annoying "tEH grfx are teh suck caus3 dey are teh no ReAL lookin!!!1" kids you'll find the graphics are amazing)

Resident Evil 4 (one of the best games I've ever played, and next to Zelda OoT, the game that I've played through more times then any other game.)

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (Its a MGS game, so you HAVE to get it, and its way better then the PS1 MGS)

Star Wars Rouge Leader (The best non Jedi Star Wars game by far, and the level of detail is unreal in this game in terms of making it look exactly like the movies)

Super Smash Bros (Just get this game, seriously its like the best fighting game ever)

Metroid Prime 2: Echos (Almost just as good as the first Metroid Prime, which is like saying something is ALMOST as good as Zelda OoT, meaning its amazing)

Super Mario Sunshine (its not as awe inspiring as its N64 counterpart, but it looks better and its still when compared to most other games its an amazing game, its just not AS good as Mario 64, but that kinda like my "ALMOST as Good as OoT" line above)

But overall you made a good choice waiting for the Wii, you can play all these games plus the new ones, but seriously play these games, you'd be doing yourself a HUGE injustice if you did not.

werd. cool

lord xyz
F-Zero's pretty good.

Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine. But if you're not into Mario Games, RE series and Metroid series are great games.

And Animal Crossing is okay.

MadMel
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Metroid Prime (THE Must have GC Game, so buy it, my favorite game of ANY game for the current generation systems)

Zelda: Wind Waker (fantastic game, better then Majora's Mask IMO and if your not like those annoying "tEH grfx are teh suck caus3 dey are teh no ReAL lookin!!!1" kids you'll find the graphics are amazing)

Resident Evil 4 (one of the best games I've ever played, and next to Zelda OoT, the game that I've played through more times then any other game.)

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (Its a MGS game, so you HAVE to get it, and its way better then the PS1 MGS)

Star Wars Rouge Leader (The best non Jedi Star Wars game by far, and the level of detail is unreal in this game in terms of making it look exactly like the movies)

Super Smash Bros (Just get this game, seriously its like the best fighting game ever)

Metroid Prime 2: Echos (Almost just as good as the first Metroid Prime, which is like saying something is ALMOST as good as Zelda OoT, meaning its amazing)

Super Mario Sunshine (its not as awe inspiring as its N64 counterpart, but it looks better and its still when compared to most other games its an amazing game, its just not AS good as Mario 64, but that kinda like my "ALMOST as Good as OoT" line above)

But overall you made a good choice waiting for the Wii, you can play all these games plus the new ones, but seriously play these games, you'd be doing yourself a HUGE injustice if you did not.

werd. cool
sing it, brotha!!!!! rock

lord xyz
Originally posted by MadMel
sing it, brotha!!!!! rock Your sig is hot. ermm

MadMel
damn right rock..
stick out tongue..

jaden101
def metroid and zelda...

i got jedi outcast for my cube...love that game...best in the jedi knight series in terms of plot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.