Human Reasoning Forum?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Justbyfaith
After spending about 2 weeks on this Forum, I have discovered 2 things.

#1. Christianity is not welcome.

#2. The bible quotes are not welcomed.

So, why not call this the "Human Reasoning Forum" instead?

Why not call it the "Religion excluding Christianity Forum"?

Maybe kill it all together and just have a "Philosophy" Forum only?

Any ideas? smile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Justbyfaith

Any ideas? smile

Take it easy, and stop looking only at yourself. Do you think I have an easy time here on this forum? I never quote the Lotus sutra (anymore) because it is not welcomed. You are not being singled out. Don't feel sorry for yourself.

Regret

Any ideas? smile

Lol, it is a religion forum, not a Christianity forum. Bible quotes mean nothing to many religions. If they quote at you out of the Quran will it mean anything to you? Why do you think the Bible will mean anything to them?

I think #1 is a fallacy, and #2 is the issue.

Eis

Any ideas? smile
Oh Jesus Christ, spare us your self-pity, 'poor us christians' bullshit. Everytime we ask you Christians to back anything up you post a bloody passage of your holy bible, it's not good enough for us.

This forum should get rid of all idiots, which most Christians here are, not all but most.

So stop opening threads about how evil atheists are, how you are going to leave the forum, how this isn't really a religion forum, etc.
This is what it is, don't like it? Leave. You say you are going to leave? Then just hurry the **** up and leave, you opened a thread and yet here you are, making another of your pointless stupid threads.

Belegūr
Heh. Compared to what has happened to other peoples and their religions, I think my ol' buddy (the) Christ can take being disliked on a message-board. wink

(I've seen no real evidence of this anyways.)

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Regret
Lol, it is a religion forum, not a Christianity forum. Bible quotes mean nothing to many religions. If they quote at you out of the Quran will it mean anything to you? Why do you think the Bible will mean anything to them?

I think #1 is a fallacy, and #2 is the issue.

So Christianity is not a religion? I have no need to be here if bible quotes are not welcome. I am not here to play "let's talk about nothing."

Shakyamunison
Those people with strong faith cannot be shaken, and will never just give up. Week faith is not worth having.

Fėanor
WHY?!? WHY?!! Why must there be so much hate?? can't we just get naked and get along?!?! is that....so much to ask? if you prick me...do i not scream like a chick?!? huh?

Belegūr

Fėanor

Justbyfaith
Originally posted by Eis
Oh Jesus Christ, spare us your self-pity, 'poor us christians' bullshit. Everytime we ask you Christians to back anything up you post a bloody passage of your holy bible, it's not good enough for us.

This forum should get rid of all idiots, which most Christians here are, not all but most.

So stop opening threads about how evil atheists are, how you are going to leave the forum, how this isn't really a religion forum, etc.
This is what it is, don't like it? Leave. You say you are going to leave? Then just hurry the **** up and leave, you opened a thread and yet here you are, making another of your pointless stupid threads.

I think that has happened. I NEED TO SEEK PEOPLE THAT HAVE EYES TO SEE AND EARS TO HEAR. Have fun on the Religion Thread:I truely think I had about enough of all this. Enjoy yourselves.

WHERE IS THE WISE? WHERE IS THE SCRIBE? WHERE IS THE DISPUTER OF THIS AGE? HAS NOT GOD MADE FOOLISH THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD?

1 CORINTHIANS 1:20

Mindship

It is neither, per se, that are unwelcome but your "insistence" that's turning people off. You accomplish less and less by pushing more and more. And clearly, that's not what you want.

Truth is powerful enough that it can speak for itself, yes? Show by action, not by proselytizing, and you won't have to say a word.

Either that, or "resurrect" (pun intended, no offense meant) the Christianity thread.

Eis
I think that has happened. I NEED TO SEEK PEOPLE THAT HAVE EYES TO SEE AND EARS TO HEAR. Have fun on the Religion Thread:I truely think I had about enough of all this. Enjoy yourselves.

WHERE IS THE WISE? WHERE IS THE SCRIBE? WHERE IS THE DISPUTER OF THIS AGE? HAS NOT GOD MADE FOOLISH THE WISDOM OF THIS WORLD?

That's quite ironic coming from a small-minded Christian like yourself.

And don't say you are going to leave because we both know you'll be back here in a matter of hours.

If you prefer to only talk to people who believe the same crap as you do then I'm sure you could join one of those church-based forums, when you're ready to come out of your little box and learn about other possibilities (god-related) then come back.

Belegūr

Shakyamunison

I suggest you do both. Find a Christian forum and post there, then come back here and post. But never take it personally.

Fėanor

Any ideas? smile I have to admit...i do admire your steadfastness in your devout faith in God (if somewhat blind). I myself find it hard to subscribe to the idea that God is all knowing and all loving but won't hesitate to send the sinner to an eternity of pain and torment if said sinner did not repent for saying his dog is Rover when in reality it's Fido as decreed by the last Pope in Rome in accordance to vatican mandate yada yada yada....so you know, I'm catholic, so i'm not familiar with the nuances of the right-wing christians or the born again christians or the televangelical whatevers blah blah blah....uh? where was I?

Shakyamunison

Eis
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Hey! pass that joint my way. laughing
Good, I wasn't the only one who didn't know what the **** he was talking about. laughing out loud

Regret
So Christianity is not a religion? I have no need to be here if bible quotes are not welcome. I am not here to play "let's talk about nothing."

Christianity is a religion. The forum is a general religion forum, not a Christianity forum. This means that your Bible quotes are not a proper response to many questions, at least not without you providing explanation. My questions and posts are often easily answered by Bible quotes, but Alliance (sorry Ali, you're just the best example at the moment wink ) wants your opinion and a Bible quote post is inappropriate oftentimes from his point of view. If you are speaking with Alliance, quoting Bible at him can be disrespectful to him and his question, unless he asked what the Bible said about something.

If all you want to do is quote the Bible then stick to threads where that is the proper type of response. Otherwise, you probably do not have a need to be here.

DigiMark007
{edit}

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DigiMark007
{edit}

Did you post a bible quote? laughing

DigiMark007
I came to visit this forum from my normal haunts in the past few days, and have been nothing but respectful toward everyone on this forum...and I have been insulted twice (once by yourself, Justbyfaith) and both were from Christians. Take off the blinders man....the intolerance runs both ways.

Nobody agrees with anyone else on this forum. Deal with it. The rare occurences where someone is open-minded enough to understand the others' point-of-view and have an intelligent, respectful conversation are few and far between. But when it happens, it's beautiful and can be a learning experience.

Personally, I've learned a lot by sifting through the BS on this forum and finding things to learn from. You'd do well to try the same.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Did you post a bible quote? laughing

Nah, I just didn't want to be n page 1. embarrasment

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I came to visit this forum from my normal haunts in the past few days, and have been nothing but respectful toward everyone on this forum...and I have been insulted twice (once by yourself, Justbyfaith) and both were from Christians. Take off the blinders man....the intolerance runs both ways.

Nobody agrees with anyone else on this forum. Deal with it. The rare occurences where someone is open-minded enough to understand the others' point-of-view and have an intelligent, respectful conversation are few and far between. But when it happens, it's beautiful and can be a learning experience.

Personally, I've learned a lot by sifting through the BS on this forum and finding things to learn from. You'd do well to try the same.

Nah, I just didn't want to be n page 1. embarrasment

I think you are right. Justbyfaith could not see the forest for the trees.

debbiejo
As it was said this is a forum of many different beliefs. I hope it's nothing I said.....I just post what I preceive as the truth..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

cking
the queen of truth has spoken.

Alliance

Any ideas? smile

laughing Simpering Self-Promotion.

1. The majority of the people on this forum are Christian. Just because they aren't your favorite type of Chrstian doesnt mean they aren't.

2. Bible quotes are welcomed provided that they have rational back up. The same is expected of everyone else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.