Deathstroke vs. Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathstroke
who takes it?

lilnutta12
who i no
dathstroke yes
midnighter no

Mider
unknown, how good is midnighter.

golem370
Midnighter- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnighter

Deathstroke
i was hoping for some Midnighter experts to come in here and discuss

bigbran
isnt midnighter gay, i can see deadpool making fun of him.

TheKahn

DigiMark007
Yeah, Midnighter, as far as how he operates, actually has more in common with Slade than, say, Batman...who MN'er is normally associated with.

He's beyond both of them in a straight-up fight. He's kinda like Deathstroke Version 2.0 That's always how I've thought of him at least.

But MN'er takes the majority. Sorry DS fans.

Deathstroke
how strong is Midnighter exactly?

Grimm22
With prep, Deathstroke takes it

Without prep, Midnighter takes it wink

TheKahn
Originally posted by Grimm22
With prep, Deathstroke takes it

Without prep, Midnighter takes it wink

blink

How do you "out-prep" a guy who can run millions of combat variations through his head before a fight?

Grimm22
Originally posted by TheKahn
blink

How do you "out-prep" a guy who can run millions of combat variations through his head before a fight?

Mainly because DS is nearly unbeatable with prep erm

Then again it might be the oppoisite way around stick out tongue

Deathstroke
I forgot to mention earlier that they both have their standard equipment also. I'm not sure what Midnighter's standard equipment is though.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Deathstroke
I forgot to mention earlier that they both have their standard equipment also. I'm not sure what Midnighter's standard equipment is though.

ask apollo shifty

DigiMark007
how strong is Midnighter exactly?

Wildstorm doesn't do exact strength classes like Marvel, but he has quite a few speed/strength feats to put him at least peak human. But honestly, he's beyond even that as far as reflexes, and has a couple strength feats that would put him in the Class 1-to-2 category. And harming Apollo means he might even be well beyond that. I'd put a Cap around Class 5, but it's anyone's guess within those parameters really.

And out-prepping MN'er would be hard too. I know Slade's the god of prep, but MN'er still owns in the tactics department once the fight begins, so even if his prep wasn't quite as good, Slade would be hard pressed.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Blair Wind
ask apollo shifty laughing out loud

DigiMark007

Staff of an unknown metal substance...but has been shown to bludgeon the hell out of a guy made of metal with no ill effects. And a bunch of ninja-type shurikens (sic?). Nothing else "standard" really. I realize most Slade enthusiasts always have him carrying a small armory even though most of the time he uses his sword and little else. So possible advantage for Slade. But dodging gunfire, explosions, etc. shouldn't really be a problem for MN'er either.

Darth Martin
DS heals faster i suppose, so the only real advantage midniter has is his intelect. DS is no slouch in that department.

newjak86
No matter the outcome this would be one hell of a fight to the death.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Darth Martin
DS heals faster i suppose, so the only real advantage midniter has is his intelect. DS is no slouch in that department.

I doubt the healing would be a factor. I mean, Batman has put Slade down before, right? If he can, so can MN'er.

But yeah, sweet fight.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I doubt the healing would be a factor. I mean, Batman has put Slade down before, right? If he can, so can MN'er.

But yeah, sweet fight.

Bats him down before ythe upgrade.

Mider
can midnighter dodge point blank weapons fire, and take point blank anti tank weaponry and still get up and win a fight, can he jump higher then spiderman, and outdodge supes for a while, does any of his weapons take supes heat vision and not hurt it.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mider
can midnighter dodge point blank weapons fire, and take point blank anti tank weaponry and still get up and win a fight, can he jump higher then spiderman, and outdodge supes for a while, does any of his weapons take supes heat vision and not hurt it.

??

Weird post. I know Slade has a gigantic jobber aura, but he's definitely still not far above street level. Nightwing, Robin, and Bats put him down in Infinite Crisis (they didn't show the actual fight though).

And point blank anti-tank weaponry assumes Slade has that on him. I realize he's used stuff like that before, but "standard equipment"??? Probably not. If Slade gets a portable armory, MN'er gets The Carrier. Advantage MN'er.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Broly92
Midnighter wins 6-8/10

newjak86
??

Weird post. I know Slade has a gigantic jobber aura, but he's definitely still not far above street level. Nightwing, Robin, and Bats put him down in Infinite Crisis (they didn't show the actual fight though).

And point blank anti-tank weaponry assumes Slade has that on him. I realize he's used stuff like that before, but "standard equipment"??? Probably not. If Slade gets a portable armory, MN'er gets The Carrier. Advantage MN'er.

roll eyes (sarcastic) He is saying that slade has taken and Anti-tank round to the chest before not that he carries one.

grey fox
....and ?

Midnighter killed a team of X-men rip offs with ease....

DigiMark007
Originally posted by newjak86
He is saying that slade has taken and Anti-tank round to the chest before not that he carries one.

Fair enough. MN'er has taken shots from Apollo before. So they're roughly even. Both have slightly upgraded healing as well (MN'er has two hearts and a fast-working immune system).

Slade may have a slight durability edge. I don't know for sure. But MN'er still has a huge tactical advantage once the fight starts. That should be able to compensate for any of that.

Still a great fight.

batdude123
Wildstorm doesn't do exact strength classes like Marvel, but he has quite a few speed/strength feats to put him at least peak human. But honestly, he's beyond even that as far as reflexes, and has a couple strength feats that would put him in the Class 1-to-2 category. And harming Apollo means he might even be well beyond that. I'd put a Cap around Class 5, but it's anyone's guess within those parameters really.

And out-prepping MN'er would be hard too. I know Slade's the god of prep, but MN'er still owns in the tactics department once the fight begins, so even if his prep wasn't quite as good, Slade would be hard pressed.

Here's what Grifter had to say about him:

"Think you're pretty clever, eh? The big bad Midnighter? You're smarter than anyone, you're meaner than anyone, and you're faster than anyone."

batdude123
Fair enough. MN'er has taken shots from Apollo before. So they're roughly even. Both have slightly upgraded healing as well (MN'er has two hearts and a fast-working immune system).

Slade may have a slight durability edge. I don't know for sure. But MN'er still has a huge tactical advantage once the fight starts. That should be able to compensate for any of that.

Still a great fight.

TAKEN SHOTS FROM APOLLO BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!! eek! laughing Happy Dance

Blair Wind
sick

batdude123
laughing out loud

Deathstroke
Does MNer have a healing factor or does he just have extra organs, and If he does have a healing factor how comparable is it to Slade's?

id369
I favor DS.

DS is no slouch in the thinking capacity. (speed of thought and calculations).
Superior healing and regeneration.
I would say reflexes (or speed perception) are about the same.
And defiantly not a slouch in the h2h combat.

In a tacticians fight, MN has his work cut out for him. He is facing some one who is just as deadly and good as him.

DigiMark007
MN'er jump-kicked a tank shell fired at him far enough away that it didn't harm him.

...just wanted to point that out.

cool

Soljer
MN'er jump-kicked a tank shell fired at him far enough away that it didn't harm him.

...just wanted to point that out.

cool

I know. That was pretty damned sweet.

I'm not entirely sure about this fight. It's a hell of a lot closer than that Taskmaster vs. Slade garbage.

But, I really like the Midnighter, so I'm inclined to give him the win.

I'll hold off from my decision for now.

capt it up
midnighter due to superior h2h skills

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by id369
I favor DS.

DS is no slouch in the thinking capacity. (speed of thought and calculations).
Superior healing and regeneration.
I would say reflexes (or speed perception) are about the same.
And defiantly not a slouch in the h2h combat.

In a tacticians fight, MN has his work cut out for him. He is facing some one who is just as deadly and good as him.

You're greatly underestimating MN. DS might think quickly but Midnighter can plan out virtually every possible scenario in an instant.

MN also has a great strength advantage.

id369
Constantly handling flash is impressive (IMO).

id369

Symmetric Chaos

id369

nvrbeenwthagirl
isn't slade far superior when it comes to speed, strength and healing factor? These alone would make MN have a tuff time. And the fact that slade is so ruthless and methodic makes me think this one is not easy to call.

Soljer
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
isn't slade far superior when it comes to speed, strength and healing factor? These alone would make MN have a tuff time. And the fact that slade is so ruthless and methodic makes me think this one is not easy to call.

FAR superior? Arguable.

Also, I'd have to agree with you - this one would be tough to call one way or the other.

Symmetric Chaos

capt it up
Slade healing factor is a non factor. It is normally crapp and would mean nothing to the fight. He has ahd a few occassion were the healing factor was good however those were out of character events and most of the time his healing factor is not going to be very effectvie in a fight

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He does get basic data (see forum rules). Plus as the fight continues he'll be able to get a better and better idea of how to respond.

Kay

MN can also dish out more damage with each blow.

We are talking about deathstoke here. If anyone in comics can beat MN, it's DS.

Symmetric Chaos

I'm not sure.

The longer this goes the more even it starts to seem.

Soleran

I think it's close but I lean twards DS.

id369

Soljer
*nods* This really does seem dead even, for the most part.

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Soljer
*nods* This really does seem dead even, for the most part.

I'm so proud of this fight. big grin

carver9
Hard fight to call but my mind keep saying slade. He's is just one of the best street level characters out there. It aint to many fighters in comics that can take him. I can only think of 2 and its because of there healing factors.

Warmonger
Hear the Breakdown...

Strength: Even. I wouldn't put either one above 5tons. And their striking damages are about the same.

Durability: Slade> Midnighter. While the both of them are tough as hell Slade has two decent advantages over Midnighter. One he has pretty durable armour the same one that took the tank round to the chest. As well as survived a grenade explosion at point blank. Wally described beating on Slade to be similar to hitting a brick wall. And while it isn't too battle powerful Slade does still possess a haling factor.

reflexes: Slade=Midnighter. I've seen Slade,while sitting down get shot at by three guys with machine guns, nd before the bullets it he umps up out through the sunroof and decapitates them in one swing. And I've also seen midnighter kick a shell back at a tank as well as yawning while dodging gunfire. It is really hard to say anyone is faster int hs department.

Hand to Hand: Slade=Midnighter. I imagine that without their powers both men would probably still be well, trained though not exceptional martial artists. While he could goonsweep like madman Midnighter deosn't do as well against names. Slade has had trouble with really good martial artists before.

Weapons: Slade>Midnighter. Slades standdard loadout includes his sword, an energy staff, a submachine gun and wrist mounted grenades. Midnighter uses a staff and some throwing stars. hile Midnighter noally does well agianst theses sorts f weapons in the hands of someone like Slade they are far moe dngerous.

over all: Deathstroke 6/10. Barely. I think his greater durablity will tell allowing him to eek out a W after along life threating fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.