Apollo vs. Majestic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Okay, Apollo has been absorbing the sun's radiation for about a minute, and he's ready to fight. Who wins?

Soleran
Majestic and don't you ever question this, ever......................never ever................Majestic with his power gloves can move planets, Apollo just looks pretty with his blond hair.

DigiMark007
Majestic. Rather easily....if we're basing this on the majority of their feats.

The fact that Cpt. Atom had slightly more trouble putting down Apollo than Majestros (he had to find an alternative way to take him out rather than just pounding him) is the only thing that speaks to the contrary.

But otherwise, Apollo has survived lava and moved skyscrapers. But Majestic moves planets.

Wildstorm would probably write it as a close fight, but there's a reason Apollo's on a team and Majestic is a solo act.

batdude123
Edit.

Rewmac
Originally posted by DigiMark007

The fact that Cpt. Atom had slightly more trouble putting down Apollo than Majestros (he had to find an alternative way to take him out rather than just punding him) is the only thing that speaks to the contrary.

But otherwise, Apollo has survived lava and moved skyscrapers. But Majestic moves planets.

Wildstorm would probably write it as a close fight, but there's a reason Apollo's on a team and Majestic is a solo act. Couldn't have said better myself.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Rewmac
Couldn't have said better myself.

Few can. cool

HisMajestyAC43
Originally posted by batdude123
Edit.

?

anyway, i'd give it to majestic on this one.

Validus
Few can. cool
I can.

Majestic wins. smokin'

batdude123

The fact that Cpt. Atom had slightly more trouble putting down Apollo than Majestros (he had to find an alternative way to take him out rather than just punding him) is the only thing that speaks to the contrary.

Wildstorm would probably write it as a close fight, but there's a reason Apollo's on a team and Majestic is a solo act.

First of all, it was Apollo and the Midnighter vs. Captain Atom. Second of all, he wasn't even trying to put him down in the city. He decided it would just be easier to overload him with radiation and that's exactly what he did. He saw an easy way out, that doesn't mean that Apollo gave him more trouble than Majestic by any means. Third of all, Majestic was pretty much getting the better of Captain Atom for a solid two pages, and then Captain Atom went nuclear on him, blasted him, and then punched him through the earth.

smile

Validus
Still warming up for Leo and Kahn I see.

Nate didn't defeat Majestic. As a matter of fact, he didn't come close. I can't understand why that fight seemed to do so much damage to Majestic's rep.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Still warming up for Leo and Kahn I see.

Nate didn't defeat Majestic. As a matter of fact, he didn't come close. I can't understand why that fight seemed to do so much damage to Majestic's rep.

I never said he defeated Majestic, I just said he blasted him, and punched him through the ground. smile

Validus
I never said you said he beat Majestic....

Most people seem to think so despite Majestic easily handling Nathan in the very next issue.

batdude123

Most people seem to think so despite Majestic easily handling Nathan in the very next issue.

Oh. smile

Soleran
Oh. smile

OHH BURN BATDUDE123, BURN, he zinged you, just log off now and call it a day eek!

I kid with you both!

batdude123
Originally posted by Soleran
OHH BURN BATDUDE123, BURN, he zinged you, just log off now and call it a day eek!

I kid with you both!

How was that in anyway a burn? confused He was talking about people in general. wink

Validus

I kid with you both!
I hope you get speedblitzed.

stick out tongue

Soleran
Well its fairly safe to you that you fall under people in general, so, BURN OH YEAH.......................seriously though I joke, Majestic wins, but I am not joking about Majestic winning this.

I Forgot to mention that SPEEDBLITZ!

batdude123

What a minute. I wouldn't call their next encounter a "handling" of any sorts. Captain Atom threw some weak punches, but then Majestic hurled Captain Atom through a monument. Captain Atom didn't have a scratch on him, nor did he use his energy powers in any way. The earlier encounter showed Captain Atom blasting big bad Majestic down. smile

Validus
Nate put everything he had into that blast and punch through the ground against a Majestic who was only testing him (and dying to boot). That's straight from the writer himself.

batdude123
Nate put everything he had into that blast and punch through the ground against a Majestic who was only testing him (and dying to boot). That's straight from the writer himself.

However, you said that the next encounter they had was that Majestic was "handling" Captain Atom in that fight. I simply just ment that it shouldn't be called that because Captain Atom wasn't trying. smile

batdude123

Btw, that wasn't really Captain Atom's biggest and strongest blast. That goes against some of his other showings. smile

Validus
However, you said that the next encounter they had was that Majestic was "handling" Captain Atom in that fight. I simply just ment that it shouldn't be called that because Captain Atom wasn't trying. smile
Neither was Majestic.

batdude123
Neither was Majestic.

Well, then the fight doesn't mean anything. smile

Validus
Btw, that wasn't really Captain Atom's biggest and strongest blast. That goes against some of his other showings. smile
Captain Atom: Armageddon takes a giant dump on all of Wildstorm's characters and their personalities so claiming that showing was unfair for Nate doesn't really fly.

Rewmac
I can.

Majestic wins. smokin' Yeah that might work too big grin

batdude123
Captain Atom: Armageddon takes a giant dump on all of Wildstorm's characters and their personalities so claiming that showing was unfair for Nate doesn't really fly.

What the f**k? I didn't say it was unfair, I just simply said it wasn't a full powered blast. Is that a crime? blink

Validus
What the f**k? I didn't say it was unfair, I just simply said it wasn't a full powered blast. Is that a crime? blink
If the writer says its a full power blast, it's a full power blast.

batdude123
If the writer says its a full power blast, it's a full power blast.

Fine, then PIS/CIS.

Soleran
Fine, then PIS/CIS.

OMG derp, FANBOY

batdude123
OMG derp, FANBOY

What the f**k? roll eyes (sarcastic)

HE'S SOLERAN!!!! GIGGITY GIGGITY GOO!!! Happy Dance

Validus
Fine, then PIS/CIS.
I think it's PIS/CIS that a man who once claimed Power Girl dwarfed him in physical might was able to punch a Superman level guy through the ground.

batdude123
I think it's PIS/CIS that a man who once claimed Power Girl dwarfed him in physical might was able to punch a Superman level guy through the ground.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain Atom seriously always underrestimates himself. Do you really see Power Girl beating Captain Atom? He's one of the most underrated characters in comics, because he takes a back seat to the likes of Superman.

Validus
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain Atom seriously always underrestimates himself. Do you really see Power Girl beating Captain Atom?
In a punching contest? Sure.

Soleran
What the f**k? roll eyes (sarcastic)

HE'S SOLERAN!!!! GIGGITY GIGGITY GOO!!! Happy Dance

LoL,

I never understand why a brilliant scientist like Majestros would sit around and duke it out with Captain Atom anyway, he should just SPEEDBLITZ back to his lab and whip up some dandy device to shut down Captain Atom. Hand 2 Hand fighting is for knuckle heads:P

DigiMark007
I gotta read that Armageddon arc. I'm sick of DC characters crapping all over my beloved Wildstorm. First the Lobo nonsense with the Authority, now this. erm

batdude123
In a punching contest? Sure.

I would rebuttal this, however I'll just save it for the tourney for when I'm really debating for him. smile

batdude123
I gotta read that Armageddon arc. I'm sick of DC characters crapping all over my beloved Wildstorm. First the Lobo nonsense with the Authority, now this. erm

No seriously, he wasn't crapping on them or anything like that. When you read it, you'll understand. yes

Validus
It's a fun read but it doesn't give you the feeling the writer knows and respects the Wildstorm Universe.

batdude123

I'm gonna give you a knuckle samich. boxing

Validus
No seriously, he wasn't crapping on them or anything like that. When you read it, you'll understand. yes
You ever read a good number of WS books? I haven't seen such awful characterization since Chuck Austen's run on Super(Spider)man.

batdude123
You ever read a good number of WS books? I haven't seen such awful characterization since Chuck Austen's run on Super(Spider)man.

What's wrong with it? They were concerned with what he was going to do to their universe. Seems pretty logical to me. erm

Validus
What's wrong with it? They were concerned with what he was going to do to their universe. Seems pretty logical to me. erm
So if Superman started killing villains at random in the wake of Infinite Crisis, you would accept that because he's just worried about the universe?

batdude123
So if Superman started killing villains at random in the wake of Infinite Crisis, you would accept that because he's just worried about the universe?

What the f**k? Yeah, actually I would accept that. laughing

jk But what's that have to do with anything?

Validus
What the f**k? Yeah, actually I would accept that. laughing

jk But what's that have to do with anything?
That type of mis-characterization was rampant in the entire series. Wildstorm continuity was all but ignored completely. Obiviously since you don't read WS you wouldn't notice it but theres a reason it's one of the most complained about comics in recent memory.

batdude123
That type of mis-characterization was rampant in the entire series. Wildstorm continuity was all but ignored completely. Obiviously since you don't read WS you wouldn't notice it but theres a reason it's one of the most complained about comics in recent memory.

Got me there, I don't read a lot of WS. So their personalities were out of whack in that comic series?

Validus
To say the least as well as continuity.

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?threadID=2000059547

That's just the first few issues and it's missing a fair bit actually.

grey fox
To put it simply the entire seires was a fanboygasm for Atom fans...

batdude123
Originally posted by grey fox

Not in the least bit. no The character's personalities may have been off, but it didn't come off like that was the case at all. no

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
I'd say thats pretty close to the truth. Sadly it was a top seller for WS so thats the version more people are familiar with.

batdude123
How? It's not like he was singlehandedly taking on the Doctor, Jenny, Hawksmoor, Majestic, Apollo, and Midnighter at the same time until the end, but there was a reason for that. If that was the case however, then I'd agree with you.

the Darkone
Mr. Majestic will serve Apollo all day, Mr. Majestic is stronger, faster, more durable, better fighter, Genius level intelligence, weapons up the ass next to Thanos. Owneage Mr. Majestic 10/10

batdude123
Alright, back on subject, yes Majestic would own him.

DigiMark007
To say the least as well as continuity.

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?threadID=2000059547

That's just the first few issues and it's missing a fair bit actually.

I figured as much. Utter crap.

I'll probably still get it though, just because I'm an Authority 'complete-ist' with my collecting.

I'd also like to be able to have it onhand, so I can be angry more intelligently.

Loot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.