trailer vs. movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fruits
maybe im just weird, but i noticed a few differences from the trailer and the movie.

when will says, we've got to wait for jack! then jack comes around the corner being chases by the tribe ppl, in the trailer he says, nevermind, lets go! but in the movie didnt he just say, time to go??

also i thought when jack fell into the grave it was at a different camera angle in the movie then in the trailer.

maybe im just retarded, but i thought i noticed this stuff. think about it and tell me if im just a nutjob.

ps. LOVED the movie

evilm0nki3
YES! Lots of stuff in the trailers. Like, "I was nothing more than an almost innocent bystander"

and yeah that part...i noticed that. i think i liked the "time to go" better though.

there were more that i cant remember though..

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah the "Time to go" thing I thought was hilerious.. the way he said it and everything! Was much better. Maybe they did it so like it would still be funny.. coz when you see something in a trailer that's funny it's not funny when you see it in the film. For example in The Curse of the Black Pearl when Elizabeth said "You like pain.. try wearing a corset" by the time you saw it in the film it wasn't funny anymore. So by putting the same thing in the trailer but using a different line it was still funny when it was in the film.

fruits
yeah, i think it's kinda weird to do that, but great movie none the less

Icicle
I liked the "Time to Go" better to smile

PeterGriffin
Originally posted by fruits
also i thought when jack fell into the grave it was at a different camera angle in the movie then in the trailer.

Yeah I was thinking he was going to get out of the first one, then they'd show that trailer part of him falling into another one...might have been funny...but that was way cool when the thing rolled on top of him laughing out loud

forumcrew
this happens in tons of movies. trailers are like mini-movies sometimes totaly different parts of the movie are edited together for a trailer but really thats not what happens in the film. they are there to get your attention and your interest so they do a lot of tricky editing. Sometimes just lines are changed so that the trailer doesnt totaly ruin scenes, that way they can still have fresh comedic value.

AnimeLuvr
Originally posted by Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah the "Time to go" thing I thought was hilerious.. the way he said it and everything! Was much better. Maybe they did it so like it would still be funny.. coz when you see something in a trailer that's funny it's not funny when you see it in the film. For example in The Curse of the Black Pearl when Elizabeth said "You like pain.. try wearing a corset" by the time you saw it in the film it wasn't funny anymore. So by putting the same thing in the trailer but using a different line it was still funny when it was in the film.

I totally agree with this because movies do seem more boring when they do it the same way so it was funnier in the movie when he said time to go! instead of nevermind, let's go. But it was still a really great movie and so was the first one... But here's my question which one was better? confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.