Blackbolt vs Zauriel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
Inhuman
http://marvel.com/universe/Black_Bolt

vs

Angel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zauriel

Who'd win and who's scream inflicts the most damage?

rotiart
If Zauriel went all out with his scream, he'd ruin his throat.. I could see Blackbolt matching it... But then while Zauriel is unable to use his powers again.. Blackbolt could.. And Blackbolt doesn't really scream in the sense that other people do...if he does.. its a shockwave on the level of a nuke, which could level a mountain if need be.

I'd say that Blackbolt is the tiniest better as far as stats.. but zauriel has better skill, and thats what would win it for Zauriel in the end.

Broly92
Originally posted by rotiart
If Zauriel went all out with his scream, he'd ruin his throat.. I could see Blackbolt matching it... But then while Zauriel is unable to use his powers again.. Blackbolt could.. And Blackbolt doesn't really scream in the sense that other people do...if he does.. its a shockwave on the level of a nuke, which could level a mountain if need be.

I'd say that Blackbolt is the tiniest better as far as stats.. but zauriel has better skill, and thats what would win it for Zauriel in the end.
I agree but Black Bolt will put up a great fight

rotiart
Didn't say it wouldn't be.

Redatom65
good match

but match goes to Zauriel 6.5/10

Crease
Forgot to mention Zauriel has his angelic armor and flaming sword.

Also forgot about Zauriel's scream taking a lot outta him and not being able to use it a second time now that he's got the mortal body and all. The question then becomes could BB scream take him out, with his armour and all?

Khellendros
Aw, man, I made this same thread last year and it got NO replies. Unfair.

Draco69
Zauriel's utmost "sonic" scream is a misnomer. It's true power is to "erase anything from the Book" which basically means to erase anything from Creation. It's one of the few powers he was allowed to keep.

It hurts his throat because it wasn't meant to be voiced through a mortal form. Anyhoo, Zauriel can heal himself uncannily well with his magic as displayed in his limited series.

Redatom65
and if this is Zaurial that is immortal goodbye BB

Draco69
Zauriel CAN die....but he just comes back to life when he wants to.

Hell Superboy Prime killed his ass...and barely a couple of days after the battle we see Zauriel swooping down to the memorial of Connor...

Redatom65
yup lol

rotiart
Well Technically Angels are supposedly our dead souls right... so... how do you kill someone like Zauriel whos already dead. :P

Crease
Originally posted by Khellendros
Aw, man, I made this same thread last year and it got NO replies. Unfair.

That happens to me all the time. sad

Darth Creasy
Bump

Mindset
Black Bolt rapes him

Zeitgeist
Black Bolt.

Galan007
Zauriel.

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Galan007
Zauriel. Why?

Just curious.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Why?

Just curious. Battle-wise, I think he's simply more powerful overall.

Now as far as their screams are concerned, BB might have the edge, but a very slight one, imo.

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Galan007
Battle-wise, I think he's simply more powerful overall.

Now as far as their screams are concerned, BB might have the edge, but a very slight one, imo. Hmm... how does Zauriel compare to Black Bolt physically?

I mean, as far as screams go, I'd give Black Bolt the edge if only for range... if either one of them go for the voice, within range, it's a quickdraw because either one would be a OHKO.

Galan007
Hmm... how does Zauriel compare to Black Bolt physically?When written well, Z would trump BB overall.

I mean, as far as screams go, I'd give Black Bolt the edge if only for range... if either one of them go for the voice, within range, it's a quickdraw because either one would be a OHKO. I agree. thumb up

leonidas
physically, i'd give it to bb. skill-wise, z has it all over him AND his sword would literally OHK bb. z's scream is also the more potent of the 2 screams but either scream would kill the other.

these OHK guys are no good in vs matches . . . erm

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by leonidas
physically, i'd give it to bb. skill-wise, z has it all over him AND his sword would literally OHK bb. z's scream is also the more potent of the 2 screams but either scream would kill the other.

these OHK guys are no good in vs matches . . . erm Meh. Black Bolt doesn't have a sword, but he is QUITE skilled in sword combat... just a petty side note. It would help him for dodging as well... though he likely wouldn't need to get in range of that thing anyways.

Take out the scream, and Bolt still has constructs, matter manip, amping, and base electron blasts, control and powers.

leonidas
amping won't do any good against the sword, and z's skill>>bb. blasts can be blocked with sword or dodged. bb's matter manip skills are vastly overrated. i'd say his only hope would be the voice, otherwise z beats him pretty handily. erm

juggernaut74
bb's matter manip skills are vastly overrated. Co-signed.

Zeitgeist
amping won't do any good against the sword, and z's skill>>bb. blasts can be blocked with sword or dodged. bb's matter manip skills are vastly overrated. i'd say his only hope would be the voice, otherwise z beats him pretty handily. erm Overrated?

He vibrate every molecule of Madrox's body separately, simultaneously.

He was capable of turning an army to stone at a whim.

He turned a boulder to anti-matter with ease.

I'd hardly say that they're overrated.

And amping is for strength and speed, which would help him dodge the sword... BB's skills aren't subpar at all, so I wouldn't give Zauriel the definitive edge due to that. And really, he can just encase Zauriel in a forcefield so that Z can't move (as he did to Hulk) or any of the other numerous tricks he's pulled... he has far more options than his voice.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Draco69
Zauriel's utmost "sonic" scream is a misnomer. It's true power is to "erase anything from the Book" which basically means to erase anything from Creation. It's one of the few powers he was allowed to keep.

It hurts his throat because it wasn't meant to be voiced through a mortal form. Anyhoo, Zauriel can heal himself uncannily well with his magic as displayed in his limited series.

That's not the way he explains it...

I'll quote from issue 3, volume three: "The sonic flash disrupts the frequency of angelic vibrations. It can take years to restablize."

Not going to go read through the whole arc, but the whole time anyone mentions the phrase "erased from the book" is Asmodeal's threat to J'onn towards the beginning.

leonidas
Overrated?

He vibrate every molecule of Madrox's body separately, simultaneously.

He was capable of turning an army to stone at a whim.

He turned a boulder to anti-matter with ease.

I'd hardly say that they're overrated.

And amping is for strength and speed, which would help him dodge the sword... BB's skills aren't subpar at all, so I wouldn't give Zauriel the definitive edge due to that. And really, he can just encase Zauriel in a forcefield so that Z can't move (as he did to Hulk) or any of the other numerous tricks he's pulled... he has far more options than his voice.

i say overrated because there really aren't that many more examples and even those examples show only ltd ability to manip matter. not to mention -- has he shown the ability at all in say, the last 30 years . . .? confused

the old scans still hold true, but they'd mean a hell of a lot more to me if the power was shown more recently . . .

without screams bb goes down for a big majority imo.

Zeitgeist
i say overrated because there really aren't that many more examples and even those examples show only ltd ability to manip matter. not to mention -- has he shown the ability at all in say, the last 30 years . . .? confused

the old scans still hold true, but they'd mean a hell of a lot more to me if the power was shown more recently . . .

without screams bb goes down for a big majority imo. The Madrox feat was from Silent War and the Army feat was, iirc, from the second run of the Inhumans. Both are easily within 30 years. Furthermore, he's done quite a bit of other stuff with it. He's melted the ground, formed bridges from water molecules in the air, reworked stone into statues within a panel...

Not to mention his whole host of other electron abilities. He can cut off the electron flow to a person's brain, hypnotize a person, blow up things around him, make electron constructs, encase people and prevent them from moving... his range, versatility, superior (IMO) physical stats, and superior power output make me thing Bolt takes this.

ÇãPž™
Zauriel Ftw

TricksterPriest
That sword is angelic fire, it will definitely hurt Blackagar. And doesn't Zauriel have Michael's battle spear right now?

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
That sword is angelic fire, it will definitely hurt Blackagar. And doesn't Zauriel have Michael's battle spear right now?

Nobody has been arguing that the sword wouldn't hurt Blackagar. It's a much better question to ask if it will HIT Blackagar.

And Zauriel does, but I'm pretty sure we have no idea how it works, or how powerful it is... I really don't know though. If it's as easy to use as the sword, and more powerful, maybe Zauriel has a better chance at winning.

Right now I'd definitely give the win to Black Bolt though.

leonidas
The Madrox feat was from Silent War and the Army feat was, iirc, from the second run of the Inhumans. Both are easily within 30 years. Furthermore, he's done quite a bit of other stuff with it. He's melted the ground, formed bridges from water molecules in the air, reworked stone into statues within a panel...

Not to mention his whole host of other electron abilities. He can cut off the electron flow to a person's brain, hypnotize a person, blow up things around him, make electron constructs, encase people and prevent them from moving... his range, versatility, superior (IMO) physical stats, and superior power output make me thing Bolt takes this.

sorry smurph, you're not winning me over with his matter manip. well within 30 yrs maybe, but still nothing actually "recent". anyway, generally speaking those are all pretty low level things and nothing you really mentioned would be a threat to z. the armor would likely be well beyond bb's ability to manipulate. he could try and encase z but his sword (or spear now, apparently) could cut anything or he could use his voice to simply break out. bb is likely the stronger, (though in his armor z would make it close) but z is certainly the faster and more skilled -- he's been a warrior since the dawn of creation for pete's sake. the armor and sword would protect him from the blasts and let him get in close enough. he would likely need only one hit with the sword or could throw the spear.

meh, we'll agree to disagree. i say without voices z wins.

Zeitgeist
sorry smurph, you're not winning me over with his matter manip. well within 30 yrs maybe, but still nothing actually "recent". anyway, generally speaking those are all pretty low level things and nothing you really mentioned would be a threat to z. the armor would likely be well beyond bb's ability to manipulate. he could try and encase z but his sword (or spear now, apparently) could cut anything or he could use his voice to simply break out. bb is likely the stronger, (though in his armor z would make it close) but z is certainly the faster and more skilled -- he's been a warrior since the dawn of creation for pete's sake. the armor and sword would protect him from the blasts and let him get in close enough. he would likely need only one hit with the sword or could throw the spear.

meh, we'll agree to disagree. i say without voices z wins. Not recent?

Silent War like... JUST HAPPENED.

What other major appearances has he had in between now and the Inhumans 2nd run? The 3rd run, none of them could use their powers or risk killing of their entire race. 4th run had none of the royal family in it.

So...? Is this contradicted by a number of appearances I'm not aware of?

Anyways, anything about the armor is speculation. And what he can't do to the armor, he can do to the air around Z.

Anti-matter bombs, molecular disruption, and tons upon tons of ranged attacks ftw.

Besides, if Black Bolt got up close, he could get the first hit in, and he could one-shot Z with a punch.

One of the MANY ways he can end the battle quickly and efficiently.

leonidas
Not recent?

didn't recognize the arc name. erm

and he has had quite a few appearances in the interim, and none have shown him able to use any sort of extansive matter manip skills.

like i said, i say z, but . . . i still luv ya ya big lug. wink

tjcoady
Supposedly Micheal's Spear is a weapon with powers equivalent to Lucifer's Trident, the one Blue Devil has. Not sure if it literally means equivalent in that it has the exact same powers, but it's supposed to be the same weight class of weapons.

Zeitgeist
didn't recognize the arc name. erm

and he has had quite a few appearances in the interim, and none have shown him able to use any sort of extansive matter manip skills.

like i said, i say z, but . . . i still luv ya ya big lug. wink

Pssh.

Everyone and their little dog knows the Inhuman takes this.

forgetu

Mindset
Not recent?

What other major appearances has he had in between now and the Inhumans 2nd run? The 3rd run, none of them could use their powers or risk killing of their entire race. 4th run had none of the royal family in it.

So...? Is this contradicted by a number of appearances I'm not aware of?

Anyways, anything about the armor is speculation. And what he can't do to the armor, he can do to the air around Z.

Anti-matter bombs, molecular disruption, and tons upon tons of ranged attacks ftw.

Besides, if Black Bolt got up close, he could get the first hit in, and he could one-shot Z with a punch.

One of the MANY ways he can end the battle quickly and efficiently.

thumb up

tjcoady
Blackbolt is generally depicted on another level of power than Zauriel. He always just seems mid-tier when running with the JLA or Shadowpact. A bit more powerful than Aquaman, a bit less powerful than the Flash.

Blackbolt on the other hand, is generally one of those OH SH*T characters, who hang with guys like the Sentry or singlehandledly taking down major threats.

That's more of a general feel than an anaylsis of their abilities or fighting skills, but a lot of the time that's what comics are.

draxx_tOfU
I'd have to agree with Leo that Zauriel is more skilled, but BB is just overall more powerful...

BB's whisper = Zauriel's scream...

BB ftw...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.