Flash vs SS without his board.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
So, no going 100 billion times the speed of Light for Surfer. That's just freaking retarded.

Sixth_Winged
Surfer is basically as mobile as a human unless he amps himself to Flash's degree. I recall him being stuck in blood and thunder when he had his board carry an injured BRB.

Skeets
Great your back...stick out tongue Surfer still wins the majority.

Grimm22
Flash steals all of his kinetic energy

Surfer immits all of his cosmic energy...

Flash = Dead big grin

Skeets
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Surfer is basically as mobile as a human unless he amps himself to Flash's degree. I recall him being stuck in blood and thunder when he had his board carry an injured BRB.
Nope Surfer still has he reflexes and retarded as Super thinking,precog and a bunch of shit.

long pig
Flash can absorb K-Energy, and so can Surfer. The difference is Surfer is better at it. There isn't an energy in the universe Surfer can't control, even magic.

I don't know how fast Surfer can run, but he still has lightspeed and greater reactions and reflexes. Anyone who can calculate the speed, size, weight and power of an astroid in less than a nanosecond has near or above LS reactions.

Sixth_Winged
reflexes yeah. Mobility, i dunno. he could always try to create something to ride on akin to terrax using rocks to travel like surfer

Skeets
reflexes yeah. Mobility, i dunno. he could always try to create something to ride on akin to terrax using rocks to travel like surfer
Surfer doesn't need to move a step to ko flash.He'll simply do an area attack and take him out.If Flash some how manages to out run the explosion Surfer can mind rape his ass.

long pig
What's more important, running at near lightspeed or being able to react and calculate at above lightspeed? They seem equal to me.

Flash won't speed blitz since Surfer would see him as a normal if not slightly under a normal person in the speed depo.

If you have a fast car and that's about it, and you face a guy in a tank with no wheels but the tank has nukes and a time machine built in, who would win?

Skeets
Originally posted by long pig
What's more important, running at near lightspeed or being able to react and calculate at above lightspeed? They seem equal to me.

Flash won't speed blitz since Surfer would see him as a normal if not slightly under a normal person in the speed depo.

If you have a fast car and that's about it, and you face a guy in a tank with no wheels but the tank has nukes and a time machine built in, who would win?
Surfer.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Skeets
Surfer doesn't need to move a step to ko flash.He'll simply do an area attack and take him out.If Flash some how manages to out run the explosion Surfer can mind rape his ass.

problem is, once flash has momentum he might be fast enough to outrun something like that. Of course, if they were fighting on a planet he could alwasy blow it up or something and he has by far more chances to survive.

Sixth_Winged

well they seem equal in perceiving and reacting to things so they would probably handle it in a a slugfest or Surfer using his other abilities to his advantage. Eventually though Flash speeds would build up and exceed his, that's when it get's a bit wee more dangerous for surfer.

Skeets
problem is, once flash has momentum he might be fast enough to outrun something like that. Of course, if they were fighting on a planet he could alwasy blow it up or something and he has by far more chances to survive.
Yea but he's not out running a psi attack. Surfer's cosmic awareness lets him see the past,present and future it might be brief but that'll be enough to land a solid hit on Flash.

long pig
Ah, good to hear someone who has actually seen Flash's feats. In truth, Flash without momentum moves around just under the speed of sound.

Flash with a lot of momentum has nearly limitless speed since he's got the whole time altering stuff.

If Flash tries too hard to go too fast too soon, his speed will be greater than his reaction time which leaves him normally running into something.

Sixth_Winged
Ah, good to hear someone who has actually seen Flash's feats. In truth, Flash without momentum moves around just under the speed of sound.

Flash with a lot of momentum has nearly limitless speed since he's got the whole time altering stuff.

If Flash tries too hard to go too fast too soon, his speed will be greater than his reaction time which leaves him normally running into something.

I agree. If he fights stupid, there might a chance his reckless behaviour would get payed back. Engaging an enemy like SS without being near those levels is just plain dangerous(well not that much if it's former pacifist surfer)

of course, with the board things might not go like this.

Skeets

has that actually happend? his running speed be faster the his reaction speed causing him to run into something.

long pig
No need to say what he does is fighting stupid, it's just how his power works.

If he's seen before he gets some momentum, he's a statue to Surfer, albeit a statue that slowly starts to move faster and faster..

Sixth_Winged
i don't think his perception get's left whenever he reaches those speeds. He could still comprehend things right? It probably adjusts to the speed he is running at.

long pig
has that actually happend? his running speed be faster the his reaction speed causing him to run into something.
Yes, many...MANY times.

He has to be smart and time his movements to where he canstay in control of where he goes.

Things I've seen Flash run into:
A poll
A person
A sword
A building
A well placed kick

He's even had to back track and move slower just because he was moving too fast to see the world around him. Case in point: He ran past a guy in the snow, he had to run back to see who it was because to him "Everything was a blur".

Skeets
Another thing What happens if Surfer manipulates the Gravity?

long pig
i don't think his perception get's left whenever he reaches those speeds. He could still comprehend things right? It probably adjusts to the speed he is running at.
His body gains speed faster than his mind, but sooner or later his mind always catches up, even if it's a nanosecond.

Skeets
Another thing What happens if Surfer manipulates the Gravity?
barker

Accel
Without his board, Surfer goes down. I don't believe he has any defense against a speed-steal.

Metalmanx
Yes, many...MANY times.

He has to be smart and time his movements to where he canstay in control of where he goes.

Things I've seen Flash run into:
A poll
A person
A sword
A building
A well placed kick

He's even had to back track and move slower just because he was moving too fast to see the world around him. Case in point: He ran past a guy in the snow, he had to run back to see who it was because to him "Everything was a blur".

What? That's bull (I'm referring mostly to these instances where Flash claims he can't see things, I mean no animosity towards you). Not to say I don't believe you, but that's just crap. I've read issues of JLA with Flash running so fast and so efficiently, that he actually appears in two places-- at once. At one point, he's going so fast (to help two different teams), that he's LITERALLY looking at himself through a two way portal that he just happens to be at the opposites sides of. And these two teams were, I believe, several countries apart from each other.

Flash's perceptions/reactions increase to match his speed everytime. When he gets hit with a damn kick or runs into a sword, that's just pure and utter crap. Should've just vibrated through the damn sword at least.

Flash is also faster than instantaneous travel. I know it sounds crazy, but he once beat out a transmission sent from (I forget where) somewhere deep in space that was travelling at instantaneous speeds, and he still beat it in a race.

I'm not really sure who would win this fight, however. Especially since Silver Surfer is one of the very few comic characters that can actually hang with Flash in the speed department. In fact, because of their near equivalence of speed, I'm going to say this a 50/50 match. Surfer can be taken out with enough physical damage (it's rare, but been done before). And Flash can be taken out with the numerous powers Surfer has, it's just a debate as to whether or not he'll be able to use said powers in time.

So yea. I'm sticking with 50/50 for each.

kgkg
Originally posted by Accel
Without his board, Surfer goes down. I don't believe he has any defense against a speed-steal. Surfer can do what turtle did. and more.......

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I'm not really sure who would win this fight, however. Especially since Silver Surfer is one of the very few comic characters that can actually hang with Flash in the speed department. In fact, because of their near equivalence of speed, I'm going to say this a 50/50 match. Surfer can be taken out with enough physical damage (it's rare, but been done before). And Flash can be taken out with the numerous powers Surfer has, it's just a debate as to whether or not he'll be able to use said powers in time.

So yea. I'm sticking with 50/50 for each. I dunno. It seems like Surfer has several big advantages on Flash.

1) Much better durability.

2) Telepathy/telekinesis.

3) Cosmic Awareness/Energy manipulation.

All Flash's defense seems to come from his speed (and a bit of Speed Force Protection, which isn't really enough to factor into this battle). Surfer has the reflexes, awareness, and the ability to hinder Flash's ability to run. It then seems that Surfer should be able to take away Flash's speed advantage, thereby denying Flash any advantage at all.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I dunno. It seems like Surfer has several big advantages on Flash.

1) Much better durability.

2) Telepathy/telekinesis.

3) Cosmic Awareness/Energy manipulation.

All Flash's defense seems to come from his speed (and a bit of Speed Force Protection, which isn't really enough to factor into this battle). Surfer has the reflexes, awareness, and the ability to hinder Flash's ability to run. It then seems that Surfer should be able to take away Flash's speed advantage, thereby denying Flash any advantage at all.

Eh. You pose valid points there. I still think this depends on who can get off a powerful-enough attack first. I think it's debatable whether or not Flash can do such a thing. He doesn't necessarily even need an IMP to be powerful. He can do many lightspeed punches as well, like he performed agaisnt Zoom one time. Durability, even Surfer's can be worn down quickly if hit in the right spots at light speeds.

Still, I'm undecided.

Darth Martin
SS

superbatman86
SS because teleporting beats raw speed everytime.

Priest
Originally posted by superbatman86
SS because teleporting beats raw speed everytime.
teleporting ?ermm

Metalmanx
Flash is also faster than instantaneous travel. I know it sounds crazy, but he once beat out a transmission sent from (I forget where) somewhere deep in space that was travelling at instantaneous speeds, and he still beat it in a race.

Acrosurge
Eh. You pose valid points there. I still think this depends on who can get off a powerful-enough attack first. I think it's debatable whether or not Flash can do such a thing. He doesn't necessarily even need an IMP to be powerful. He can do many lightspeed punches as well, like he performed agaisnt Zoom one time. Durability, even Surfer's can be worn down quickly if hit in the right spots at light speeds.

Still, I'm undecided. I'm not saying Flash couldn't land some punches on the Surfer, but the Surfer's reflexes are such that Flash's blitz won't last long. I just don't think that Flash could land enough hits of sufficient strength to put Surfer out. Surfer will counter and when that happens, Flash is dead. This is why Thanos beats Flash also, IMO. Those godlike reflexes are pesty buggers.

Rols
Not to mention he also has the ability to put up shield, use the shield to absorb some of the hits, that plus his durability. He can take a lot of punishment.

ST0RM SHAD0W
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I'm not saying Flash couldn't land some punches on the Surfer, but the Surfer's reflexes are such that Flash's blitz won't last long. I just don't think that Flash could land enough hits of sufficient strength to put Surfer out. Surfer will counter and when that happens, Flash is dead. This is why Thanos beats Flash also, IMO. Those godlike reflexes are pesty buggers.

I know Surfer can travel past the speed of light, but he hasn't shown light speed reflexes in battle that often if at all.

Rols
Well he was able to dodge meteor shower being thrown at him, while also going as fast as he can to reach his distination. Most of his reflex feat are shown only against moving meteor storm while also multitasking. Ie. Scanning, thingking, contacting via TP. I dont think thats any different in battle, the targets are moving at fast speed, also are many and at opposite direction.

Reaper777
if surfer can get his hands around flashes skinny little neck, flash is dead

Soljer
The Surfer. He is far too versatile, just as fast as the Flash, if not faster, a hell of a lot more durable, and he doesn't need to even move to obliterate the Flash, so a speed-steal won't really affect him much.

Acrosurge
Surfer dodges starship fire, comets, and seeking missiles traveling at near relativistic speeds. He has a better chance of tagging the Flash than most characters out there and when that happens, Flash is done.

I'm not saying Surfer is reacting to Flash equal speeds here, but I think this is worth a look. Surfer stops a blitz and gets in the backhand!

Inhuman
Surfer could possibly react fast enough to Flash's speed. And KO him (debatable)
Anyhow Surfer could just blow the damn planet up like he recently did. Fight over. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.