Jack and lizzie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gold
When I saw the first movie I always thought Jack and lizzie had a bit of chemistry. Especially when they were stuck on the iland, but when they didn't get together I was shocked!!!. After seing the second I'm so please they kissed.

Can anyone tell me if they noticed this in no. 1 as well and what scenes made you think that?.

P.S I don't like how sudden her feelings changed though. I always thought it was one sided and she hated him, then all of a sudden in no. 2 she's madly in love with him. confusing to sat the least

curtmister
she couldnt have liked him that much because she tighted him to the ship nad left him for the kraken

spencerspider
yea... she did it really to save her ass... and Will's. I think she will end up marrying Will still.

jessigem
of course she will. i think she wanted jack because will was gone and she had nobody to protect her(not that she needs protecting, she's great with a sword) and jack was the only one there besides norrington who was being a humongous ass with his stupid remarks about jack and his compass. and she only kissed him because she was using him to save everyone's life. But i think she regretted it because she realized that she was the only one that jack had never done anything wrong to. he sold will's soul, "killed" barbossa, and pretty much stabbed everyone in the back for his own benefit, except he didn't do anything like that to elizabeth.

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by jessigem
of course she will. i think she wanted jack because will was gone and she had nobody to protect her(not that she needs protecting, she's great with a sword) and jack was the only one there besides norrington who was being a humongous ass with his stupid remarks about jack and his compass. and she only kissed him because she was using him to save everyone's life. But i think she regretted it because she realized that she was the only one that jack had never done anything wrong to. he sold will's soul, "killed" barbossa, and pretty much stabbed everyone in the back for his own benefit, except he didn't do anything like that to elizabeth.

That's a good point actually.. I never really thought of that before.

Umm in The Curse of the Black Pearl I do kinda know what you mean about the chemistry thing. Haha like when Jack says "Elizabeth.. it would never have worked between us darling." That bit was funny. And yeah on the island I know what you mean aswell, but at the time I just used to think it was just for comedy. Like when he puts his arm around her and stuff and when he curls up his moustache haha that bit is great.

forumcrew
the kiss had no romantic value at all. if her and jack actually get together Orlando Bloom has no place in the movie.

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by forumcrew
the kiss had no romantic value at all. if her and jack actually get together Orlando Bloom has no place in the movie.

It had sexy value though naughty haha.

And yeah.. clearly they're not going to get together. That's just silly. What would happen to Will?! He would be distraught! And it would be an incredibly stupid ending. The third one should end like the first one yes well.. when Will and Elizabeth kissed at the end of the first one it wasn't right at the end but you know.

jessigem
laughing out loud i love that sexy face laughing out loud
it's like when jack pointed out that people are surprised when he tells the truth.....people are surprised when i make a good point, which i do quite often big grin

Gold

Well I hardly call it a passing fancy. The compass shows whats true in your heart, not what you fancy because the love of your life is missing.

After she handcuffed him and jumped in the boat she looked at Will with no real emotion, maybe remorse. She then looked back at the sinking boat with tears in her eyes. Wouldn't she hug Will immediatly and tell him she loves him?. Being so glad he was back?. NO, She didn't cause she had just betrayed her true love Jack.

What would happen to Will? He would run away and marry barbossa!.

The film doesn't need Will, just a sexy pirate and a beautiful lass to fall in love with him and live happily everafter.

Gauze
No, Gold. She is not truly 'in love' with Jack. She realizes, like the rest of them, that despite the bad person he seems to be, life just isn't the same without him. And despite the dishonest nature he has, he is still a friend.

Will Turner's role in the films is actually quite important, incase you failed to realize. Total noob.

Gold
Originally posted by Gauze
No, Gold. She is not truly 'in love' with Jack. She realizes, like the rest of them, that despite the bad person he seems to be, life just isn't the same without him. And despite the dishonest nature he has, he is still a friend.

Will Turner's role in the films is actually quite important, incase you failed to realize. Total noob.

Look I don't appreciate being called a total noob as you so put it. This is a discussion, not who's right or wrong. I suggest you try posting somewhere else cause I for one won't listnen to anyone who replies with such dissrespect.

I apologise if my remark affended anyone. I only wanted to see if anyone else saw what I saw. I'm sure Will is a much loved character by some, He just isn't important in the movie for me.

«§hõnknêss»
Well without Will then Liz would probably be on Jack like a sack of potatoes . . . she wouldn't be worrying about the consiquences . . . and I can't spell that word but anyway.

I don't think they are in love . . . just infatuated with one another maybe.

Mådness
From my point of view, it's just Jack's effect on women, and now Liz has fallen victim as well...I think...

God! When is the next movie coming out! *runs off to check*

jessigem
cry i think i liked my idea better. it gave good points on all the characters, but this one just made me sad...cry

that's a good point...if she was all over him, there wouldn't be that sense of....uhhh....moral violation(?) in the movie and it wouldn't be as intense cool

laughing out loud exactly laughing out loud

Captain REX
I like how Gauze, who's been here two months, calls someone who's been here less than a month, a noob, when they are, according to me, both noobs. stick out tongue No offense, but it's true.

Please be respectful in your discussion, you two...

katelovespirate
sorry i agree with gold... about liz really having feelings for jack. i think it is very possible to be attracted to two diff people at once- esp. since they are such different characters. its like the "id" and the "ego" vying for control of her. everyone gets confused about what they want sometimes.
jack is hott, will is noble. jack is exciting and mysterious, will is loyal and brave. good qualities all around. whoever she ends up with will be lucky. maybe she'll pull a shocker and pick norrington, haha, just kiddin.

quoted: "It had sexy value though haha."
I totally agree. I totally think that kiss had attraction and romance in it, alongside the other motives. they've been flirting for 2 movies.

whatever happens, jack and liz are hott. hehehe. smile i love how everyone has such different opinions on it though.

its also interesting how the stakes just got upped- i mean, will's character has tons of drama going on for him with or without liz.

jessigem
laughing out loud good point and good advice.
to lighten everyone's spirits, go to this link. it contains a HILARIOUS(sorry if it's spelled wrong) DDR song about cap'n jack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAD-xHyomqw&mode=related&search=potc

Leggy_n_Merry
Hilerious* haha! I just had to say!

Haha I liked it when it went "Left right, right left." when their feet like moved to it.

jessigem
there's also another clip on that same sight. i think it's called jack sparrow in the US navy or something like that. it's 8 minutes long. it's about this guy who dressed up as cap'n sparrow and he walks around the navy place talking to people. he walks and acts just like jack....but you can't really hear what he's saying. it's kinda stupid but i got a laugh from it big grin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIyeNojY3E&mode=related&search=potc

CaptnCaribbean
Originally posted by Gold
Well I hardly call it a passing fancy. The compass shows whats true in your heart, not what you fancy because the love of your life is missing.

After she handcuffed him and jumped in the boat she looked at Will with no real emotion, maybe remorse. She then looked back at the sinking boat with tears in her eyes. Wouldn't she hug Will immediatly and tell him she loves him?. Being so glad he was back?. NO, She didn't cause she had just betrayed her true love Jack.

What would happen to Will? He would run away and marry barbossa!.

The film doesn't need Will, just a sexy pirate and a beautiful lass to fall in love with him and live happily everafter.

HAHA anyone would know that wasn't a real kiss

RoguePw25
Originally posted by Gauze

Please, no member bashing. We can have a discussion without resulting to name calling or member bashing. Plese stop Gauze.

Anways, back on topic. I saw this movie the other day and I was really impressed. It was dark, yet humorous.

jessigem
exactly big grin

#1potcfan
i think (will) after seeing liz kiss jack will not want to marry her right away....he might need some time to think about it

katelovespirate
maybe she will just die tragically saving one of them. or she will mary will and just promise to have a steamy affair with jack once a year

jessigem
naughty

i can't hold it anymore hysterical

DRAKONS
Riiiight well thats not very nice is it?

jessigem
what, me laughing? or the affair? because i was only laughing because she said liz should have a steamy affair once a year. and then there's the eyebrow face......

DRAKONS
I mean its no very nice steamy affair once a year with jack

jessigem
its nice for jack.....

DRAKONS
YEA FOR JACK OFFCOURSE BUT NOT FOR WILL!!!

jessigem
and i like will better so i should probably be standing up for him.....

DRAKONS
As you wish

evilm0nki3
lol. i found this rumor on ohjohnny.netsadi guess its a spoiler but whatever)

"From Lauryn: In POTC3, Elizabeth will realize (inwardly/outwardly) that she truly desires Captain Jack Sparrow. This is backed up by the hints in the 2nd movie-at least two times, when elizabeth looks at the compass, it points to Jack... "

DRAKONS
Actualy that is quite posible

jessigem
it is. but i think people are taking this way out of proportion. just because the compass pointed to him, doesn't mean she REALLY loves him. since she ran away and became a pirate, i'm guessing she's going through a rebellion phase. and who better to kiss than jack sparrow during a phase like that?

katelovespirate
Oh GEEEE i hope that rumor is true. it would make me so happy. AWE i will absolutely pee my pants with joy. hehehehe. gosh, when did i get so into jack and liz being together?! I always love will. smile but i really do think liz desires jack. she is more pirate-y than will.

EweStoleMyStory
There is absolutely NO chemistry between Will and Elizabeth. None. Liz grew up yearning for a PIRATE...not a working class boy. Will and Liz actually remaining together never even crossed my mind after the FIRST movie. As far as her chaining him to the boat, it was her knowledge that it was the MORAL thing to do. Sacrifice one to save many. The look in his eye when she did it said it all! He was LOVING it and gave her the biggest compliment he could..."PIRATE". I think, in the end, it will be Will taking on Norrington's role of chasing down Liz and Jack. Or...perhaps...letting them "slide" knowing, at heart, both of them are good people. I have never seen a hotter kiss in my life! "Cept maybe when Rhett swooshed Scarlet up the stairs? Anyway, watch the first movie again. Watch Jack take her dress off after saving her, them on the island, even at the end. HE may not have known it but I think Liz did. God bless Jack Sparrow!

jessigem
that may be true, but as it was said in other threads:
it doesn't follow the disney law. the girl always marries her first love.

sweet_kat22
If you guys wanna see an ending with Liz and Jack read my script on the other thread for POC3 smile

As many have said I agree that ever since liz was a child she wanted to be a pirate- Jack is just a sexy bonus lol.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by EweStoleMyStory
There is absolutely NO chemistry between Will and Elizabeth. None. Liz grew up yearning for a PIRATE...not a working class boy. Will and Liz actually remaining together never even crossed my mind after the FIRST movie. As far as her chaining him to the boat, it was her knowledge that it was the MORAL thing to do. Sacrifice one to save many. The look in his eye when she did it said it all! He was LOVING it and gave her the biggest compliment he could..."PIRATE". I think, in the end, it will be Will taking on Norrington's role of chasing down Liz and Jack. Or...perhaps...letting them "slide" knowing, at heart, both of them are good people. I have never seen a hotter kiss in my life! "Cept maybe when Rhett swooshed Scarlet up the stairs? Anyway, watch the first movie again. Watch Jack take her dress off after saving her, them on the island, even at the end. HE may not have known it but I think Liz did. God bless Jack Sparrow!

Gosh you summed up everything my insides have been feeling. thank goodness you understand!!!!! HOTT HOTT HOTT. I SOOOOOO agree that the look in his eyes when she chained him to the mast was that he WAS loving it- in an odd way. it is SOOO HOTT when he calles her "pirate" sort of like, i always knew you would turn, i always knew we were the same, i always knew we would end up together..."

katelovespirate
and i have great hopes against the disney law, considering we saw eyeballs plucked out and men tortured

Leggy_n_Merry
And Will is like a pirate to her anyway. Like at the end of the Curse of the Black Pearl when she says "No.. he's a pirate." There so is chemistry between them, I don't see how you can't say that. But yeah it's your opinion and that is how you see it..

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by katelovespirate
and i have great hopes against the disney law, considering we saw eyeballs plucked out and men tortured

I suppose.. but with love stories it's always the same. Some cartoon Disney films would be quite scary if they were in real form aswell, so they haven't really broken a rule there. Will and Elizabeth are bound to end up together.

Sorry I posted two replies. I didn't realise that last one that I quoted was there.

jessigem
i think it's just you and me who still have hope for liz and will getting together. everyone else is rooting for jack.

sweet_kat22
Something like Jack would say

"Forget the code lets throw it out to sea or burn it"

I say screw the disney law they must have an ending with Jack and Liz stick out tongue eek! big grin

jessigem
laughing out loud
it's more like guidelines anyways, right?

sweet_kat22
Savvy wink (I can so see Jack making this face right now heh).

katelovespirate
gosh maybe they will all end single

sweet_kat22
Heh yeah they will fight over Liz in a big sword fight then she will get upset and be like "I'm tired of all this I dont want either of you"
Will = confused

katelovespirate
and it doesnt matter who is rooting for who, the movie is already basically made.

katelovespirate
grrr i hate waiting

katelovespirate
okay there have been "leaked" scripts online, with different versions of who she ends up with. arg.
somehow i think that even though the third one may venture into some dark territory, it will ultimately be lighter than the first one. Think of major trilogies- the third is the slam bang. Plus, all-considering, i fancy Disney will head a bit more toward the 1st film as far as overall feel. Middle films always feel a bit odd.
That considering, as much as i want Jack and Liz to get together, i doubt it will happen when i think about it. If nothing else, Will has been ultimately loyal to Elizabeth since moment 4 of the first movie. I can't imagine him stopping loving her, and while he loves her, i think we have to take into account Disney's unrealistic fairness policy, and say he will have her. However, I do think he will have to turn pirate to get her, and i also think maybe some kind of complication will arise in which his father (with his dying breath or something) urges him not to be a pirate. I don't know. I think the theory that Jack and Liz get together is the least probable, unfortunately. It just seems like Jack's character to bow out at the right moment, thus showing off that "honest streak" one more time.

katelovespirate
that was hell to write. gosh i hope i am wrong.

sweet_kat22
Yeah, if Jack can prove to Liz that he can be respectable too and not just a man of Piracy he may have a chance with her. Remember, she was impressed when he came back to help them instead of running off like he was going to do. If he can prove he wont run off and face death without her making him stay she might give him a chance.

And remember she was crying at the end of the Second movie. Why would she be crying if she didnt have SOME sort of feelings for Jack? To me it looked like she felt guilty and maybe realized she did have feelings for him because of the kiss. I really thought there was some chemistry in that kiss but she didnt want to admit it. And as others have said she was making a sacrifice to save the others, she knew he would not willingly stay behind.

DRAKONS
Jack and Lizzie is so dizzie

jessigem
laughing out loud
if she rejects both of them....
will:cry
jack: huh

#1potcfan
my theory is that when will sees liz kissing jack he will have to think about it a little more and put off the wedding till later....do u think jack is going to be in the third cuz they cant let the main character die off. and besides its a disney movie

DRAKONS
Dude its allready set that his already filming in the movie

evilm0nki3
Where are the scripts? I read the first few pages of one but the rest of it wasn't there. I wanna read the rest!!!

jessigem
do you think they'd put the scripts on the internet and let you read it for free?! if you find a script, it's probably fake.

DRAKONS
Yea groupwhiphammer

katelovespirate
I HAVE IT!!! smile jack SPARROW and liz SWANN... Yeah, both birds, wanting to be free. TURNER? no bird i know of by that name. heheheh. you will probably all go DUH but i felt clever. wink

jessigem
~wOOOw~
i feel.....kinda stupid. especially since that was like the last thing we went over in my english class before summer. we were talking about the bird analogies in to kill a mockingbird.
doh i can't believe i didn't apply that to POTC.
and i have the sparrow tat in my siggy!!!! OMG i feel dumb.

aelizabeth
thats right! jack and liz are very much alike, and in more ways than just personality; they both have bird last names smile

also..
swans are supposed to be the the beautiful birds
and sparrows are scavengers (jack scavenges for treasure..?)

i didn't notice that either, so thanks for pointing that out!

Pirates= Love
Originally posted by sweet_kat22
Yeah, if Jack can prove to Liz that he can be respectable too and not just a man of Piracy he may have a chance with her. Remember, she was impressed when he came back to help them instead of running off like he was going to do. If he can prove he wont run off and face death without her making him stay she might give him a chance.

And remember she was crying at the end of the Second movie. Why would she be crying if she didnt have SOME sort of feelings for Jack? To me it looked like she felt guilty and maybe realized she did have feelings for him because of the kiss. I really thought there was some chemistry in that kiss but she didnt want to admit it. And as others have said she was making a sacrifice to save the others, she knew he would not willingly stay behind.

She could ave been crying because she had just betrayed Will, and knew that it was wrong

aelizabeth
I think that might be part of it, Liz must have felt a bit guilty because she betrayed Will, but I think a bigger part was that she left Jack to die.

I think Liz does have some kind of feelings for Jack, but even if she doesn't, they were still really good friends, and she had left him on his ship to die. of course she was crying for Jack, she lost a friend. And maybe partly because by kissing Jack she made things difficult between her and Will.

DRAKONS
Yea poor Jack that wasent a very good thingh to do but well atleast we kno Jack will be Back in the Third movie(fewww)

jessigem
im pretty sure liz was crying from the combo of betraying will and leaving jack behind to die. but i think it was more because of what she did to jack because EVERYONE in that room with her liked him in some way. they were all sad. and i think she was feeling very guilty that she caused this sadness, and that she practically killed THEIR captain. she's not the only one who cares for jack you know.....

sweet_kat22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIyeNojY3E&mode=related&search=potc

OMG hahahahah, Must find video camera for the convention. When I go in september I am being Jack so I'll record and post it heh.

That guy wasnt bad, he was a good actor but his costume wasnt top notch.

katelovespirate
yeah i totally agree that Liz and Jack were very good friends... whatever else was going on. Like she kept saying, they had a deep level of trust, which is odd considering they are like, the two least trustworthy people in the films. But they totally seemed to trust each other, and yeah, she had condemned a very good friend.
someone said something about how liz isnt sure she is good enough for will anymore. i think, in some way, that might be right. Liz has definately crossed over some lines and is more pirate these days. will hasnt really. so no matter what is going on with liz and jack, there are a lot of difficulties for liz and will.
gah, i keep rambling about the drama of these relationships, and i guess it doesnt really matter, we can all just wait a year and then find out. lol. smile
SO here's a question: If Jack hadn't seen the black spot on his hand the first time they were about to kiss, what would have happened? and how would that have changed the rest of the film?

LovelyOne

LovelyOne

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Pirates= Love
She could ave been crying because she had just betrayed Will, and knew that it was wrong
She didnt seem too upset about the fact she almost kissed him earlier on in the movie lol. wink

blackpearl44
All of the stuff you wrote right there couldn't be more true,that's what I think, I really do think Jack will end up with liz. they're almost done with the filming for the 3rd movie, and Keith Richards (rolling stones) is playing jacks dad, I think that will play some kind of role in how the relationship evolves between jack and liz. beacause jack will have to deal with his dad and all, we'll have to wait and see, and we're going to make up a million more theories in the next 300 days or so, until we can actually see the 3rd movie. but I think ultimately, Jack will end up with liz. Johnny even said he's up for doing a fourth POTC movie, if disney wants a fourth. As so I read....they said they'll decide that when it becomes closer to the release of the 3rd. they may leave it as a trilogy, or they may make a fourth.....we should be hearing that within the next few months....when they start advertising for the 3rd smile

sweet_kat22

SO here's a question: If Jack hadn't seen the black spot on his hand the first time they were about to kiss, what would have happened? and how would that have changed the rest of the film?

Good question, I think they may have kissed, because if Liz didnt go for it Jack definatly would have whether or not he had feelings for her because thats who he is he just 'Wants some' if you know what I mean lol.

QUOTE:

2. Her clearly wanting to kiss him on the ship the first time and her obvious disappointment that he pulled away.." I'm proud of you jack" LYING! At this point in the movie she didnt believe he had enough honor in him to pull away. She thought she was going to get a kiss, she was ready for one..but he pulled away and she was obviously dissapointed that he did. END QUOTE

I like this idea heh, this could be true. OR She was testing him to find out if he could be a gentleman whether or not he would saduce her she wanted to know if he would take advantage of it or he would pull away if he was a gentleman because she is with Will already.

LovelyOne
Good question, I think they may have kissed, because if Liz didnt go for it Jack definatly would have whether or not he had feelings for her because thats who he is he just 'Wants some' if you know what I mean lol.

QUOTE:

2. Her clearly wanting to kiss him on the ship the first time and her obvious disappointment that he pulled away.." I'm proud of you jack" LYING! At this point in the movie she didnt believe he had enough honor in him to pull away. She thought she was going to get a kiss, she was ready for one..but he pulled away and she was obviously dissapointed that he did. END QUOTE

I like this idea heh, this could be true. OR She was testing him to find out if he could be a gentleman whether or not he would saduce her she wanted to know if he would take advantage of it or he would pull away if he was a gentleman because she is with Will already.

Its a possibility what you say yes. But the thing is she probably would have let him kiss her either way I think...he was almost about to and I didnt see her flinch or anything lol.

The dissapointment/shock in her face to me kinda signals that she really did expect a kiss. then she covered it up with "I'm proud of you jack" or maybe she was teling the truth there...But then the whole "I'm not sorry" thing she said later was a kind of echo of the earlier scene. And there she clearly did want the kiss and another from him, she lied there too. It could signfy something or other about the first scene..its all really complicated lol.

blackpearl44
Yea, and some more hints to the relationship between them in the 3rd movie, that were in the 2nd were like when they were sitting on deck of the ship, and liz was looking sad, and he asked her what was wrong and she said "I thaught I would be married by now" and he said "well, as captain of this ship, I have the authority to hold a marriage right here on this ship" (I don't know if he said "full authority or not, it was something like that....can't wait until it's availible on DVD laughing out loud ) that was on I heard, and the other one was when he was talking to her, and he said "as a woman on this ship, your are only allowed to wear 2 things, a dress, or nothing, and I just happen to have nothing in my closet" laughing that was when she was dressed in the "pirate" clothes....those are 2 other things I noticed, it's hard to say how meaningfull they are until we know more about the 3rd movie...

LovelyOne
Originally posted by blackpearl44
Yea, and some more hints to the relationship between them in the 3rd movie, that were in the 2nd were like when they were sitting on deck of the ship, and liz was looking sad, and he asked her what was wrong and she said "I thaught I would be married by now" and he said "well, as captain of this ship, I have the authority to hold a marriage right here on this ship" (I don't know if he said "full authority or not, it was something like that....can't wait until it's availible on DVD laughing out loud ) that was on I heard, and the other one was when he was talking to her, and he said "as a woman on this ship, your are only allowed to wear 2 things, a dress, or nothing, and I just happen to have nothing in my closet" laughing that was when she was dressed in the "pirate" clothes....those are 2 other things I noticed, it's hard to say how meaningfull they are until we know more about the 3rd movie...

OH MY i loved those parts he he.

I also love the part where liz says "Did Will tell you I can handle a sword" (if thats not a sexual refrence then I dont know WHAT is) She teased Jack like MAD during this film and she ENJOYED doing it and he enjoyed teasing her too.. I also think the whole "wedding" thing wasnt what Jack really meant. If you know what I mean lol. To me its disney putting in sexual refrences that will go over the head of the younger audience hehe.

katelovespirate
LOvelyOne, i totally agree with everything you say. Bravo for putting some legwork and logic into your theory. thumbs up. i hope you are right.
Plus, Jack is NOT the marrying type. The very fact that he suggested a marriage is proof that his feelings for her are different than they are for any other woman. like, he is not just interested in getting some. smile

sweet_kat22
"as a woman on this ship, your are only allowed to wear 2 things, a dress, or nothing, and I just happen to have nothing in my closet" laughing

Yep at that point he was trying to get her to do it with him, Obviously his way of hitting on her, the audience chuckled at this line because they all knew what Jack was up too whether or not he had feelings for her. And is why she frowned at him and stormed off. But the scenes of when they are about to kiss and when they do kiss proves that she wanted it too but she is respectable to Will so she didnt accept Jacks offer. She probably also wanted to find out if he really had feelings for her or if he was just being a pig. So maybe many ONE of the parts of the reason why she was crying is because she may have found out in that kiss that he did have feelings for her and she didnt want to admit it to herself. Also the facts you said before that she was guilty for cheating on Will. BUT she doesnt know who she has stronger feelings for.

This is the tricky thing about a characters Shown emotions, the audience doesnt really 'know' what they are feeling because it could be anything.

blackpearl44
I toatally agree with what both of you say, there was plenty of references like that in the movie, ones that mean one thing to a younger audience, and a TOATALLY different thing to a more mature audience big grin

sweet_kat22
Originally posted by LovelyOne
OH MY i loved those parts he he.
To me its disney putting in sexual refrences that will go over the head of the younger audience hehe.

Well said, I have learned through Film Noir classes that many films put meaning behind their scripts. Back in the 1940s- 50s they were not allowed ANY sort of sexual reference so they covered it up with clever lines that could get past the 'sensors' before being released. So many of Jacks lines may have had stronger meanings behind them that proves that he had feelings for her.

IE: 1944 Double Idemnity (One of the many film noirs I studied)
"There's a speed limit in this state, Mr. Neff. Forty-five miles an hour."
"How fast was I going, officer?"
"I'd say about ninety."
"Suppose you get down off your motorcycle and give me a ticket."
"Suppose I let you off with a warning this time."

Guess I didnt take film class for nothing heh.

katelovespirate
Yeah absolutely... and the characters all seem older, more mature. like, in the first, it was young love, and now liz and will are older, their wants are more complicated.
and its true that the introduction of will's dad shifted focus for him. He made a pledge to his dad- the kind of thing that could come between him and liz as he has to make the choice to rescue his father, while possibly leaving liz for a while or something. like, he will have to choose who to rescue or something. and then, jack can step in and cover for him, hehehe....

LovelyOne
Yep at that point he was trying to get her to do it with him, Obviously his way of hitting on her, the audience chuckled at this line because they all knew what Jack was up too whether or not he had feelings for her. And is why she frowned at him and stormed off. But the scenes of when they are about to kiss and when they do kiss proves that she wanted it too but she is respectable to Will so she didnt accept Jacks offer. She probably also wanted to find out if he really had feelings for her or if he was just being a pig. So maybe many ONE of the parts of the reason why she was crying is because she may have found out in that kiss that he did have feelings for her and she didnt want to admit it to herself. Also the facts you said before that she was guilty for cheating on Will. BUT she doesnt know who she has stronger feelings for.

This is the tricky thing about a characters Shown emotions, the audience doesnt really 'know' what they are feeling because it could be anything.

The pointing compass may be the true hint for who she has stronger feelings for..It pointed at jack 3 times lol. It would have pointed at Will if it was him.

And Katelovespirate, thanks smile. I did film studies so now its like my second nature to break down and analyse characters and films. Even if I'm wrong i still find it fun hehe.

I also believe that Disney know that Jack is what makes the film and Jack is the most favorite character out of the three. So they probably know most of the audience will be rooting for Jack to get the girl.

katelovespirate
YAYAYAY for film studies!!!! smile thats so exciting.
its true- Jack is the money. and its like, he no longer seems satisfied with just himself and his boat. yah know? so like you said, they didnt introduce another girl for him, so...

LovelyOne
hehe yeh I loved that subject smile

Liz is also changing, Her beautiful dress sinking away into the water and then the clip fading to the face of the new "rough and tough" Liz meant that she had developed as a character..it marked the end of the Lady-like liz that Will fell for. I dont think he is going to like what she is becoming..

blackpearl44
True, Jack is realizing that he wants something more in his life that just him and his ship......

katelovespirate
its true. sigh. plus it would be a lot more fun to watch jack enter a "mature relationship" than to watch him gallantly give her back to will. the will/liz relationship is old. lol.

sweet_kat22
Sniffle Poor jack must give him a hug... eek! wink

LovelyOne
Yeh I agree with both of you.

I think that Will isn't going to like what Liz is becoming and she is not going to let him change her..that may be the point where they "break up"

that scene where Will tried to make her sit still like a lady gaurd the chest and she shouted "NO!" and ran after him, might be a little hint for whats in store later..She doesnt want to be controlled she wants to be a free woman and Will probably will want the old lizzie. Jack symbolizes the freedom she craves. Will symbolizes the honest and constricted lifestyle she USED to have. (so many "will's" in that paragraph)

still all just guessing here. We'll have to see if Disney will break the mould of their traditional films..or if they will go for the typical ending. I already think they have broken the mould a bit with intrducing a character like Jack. JD even said that he was surprised that they wanted to step outside of the "norm" and introduce a character like him.

annyway I hope i'm not waffling on too much here. Its just that I have been wanting to discuss what I think on this relationship for ages but couldnt find the right place to do it lol.

blackpearl44
its true. sigh. plus it would be a lot more fun to watch jack enter a "mature relationship" than to watch him gallantly give her back to will. the will/liz relationship is old. lol.

Yes, liz is realizing who she wants to be,(a pirate) and who she wants to be with (our dear jack) and I agree, if they didn't make the whole liz and will thing happen in the first two movies, there is no hope for that relationship to come thru in the 3rd movie, no way......and yes, Jack does symbolize what liz wants so badly....freedom....she has been living in port royal with a rich family her whole life, and she has been controlled, and she wants to be a free spirited person like Jack..

LovelyOne

DRAKONS
So from the looks of things mostly everybody want that Jack and Liz are together or am i mistaken?

aelizabeth
yeah, i think liz is really becoming who she has always wanted to be. will fell in love with her while she was a ladylike type and i think he is realizing that's not who she really is. i think will is really a romantic and pretty practical, i'm not sure if that's what liz is looking for. like when he told her to stay behind to guard the chest, i don't think she really appreciated that much, lol. liz wants to make her own decisions!

and yeah they didn't really show much liz/will in the 2nd movie. will's purpose in the 1st was mostly liz, now its his father.

Yes! I totally agree with you blackpearl44. Jack does symbolize what liz wants most; freedom.

Will might want to settle down or something and i cant see that working for liz. and is it just me or do will and liz never seem to have any fun together? like, jack and liz have some fun moments together were they both seem to be having a good time, but i don't see that with will and liz.

sweet_kat22
Yeah most people in a relationship have great times together like Jack and Liz do, I found myself laughing at everything me and my EX did together, basically how its shown in the first movie when their drinking together and she burns the rum. The second movie just proves that they have some chemistry and they are not just fooling around. Liz will just have to make a tough decission.

Ultimatly I think if they do get together, Will , will probably have his own ship and crew maybe become an enemy of jack in the future but NOT just yet, first he has to kill Davy Jones heart and free his father. While Liz is on Jack/barbossas ship as Jacks new lass.

blackpearl44
Will isn't at all cold.....I don't think he could mentally exept being an enemy of Jack...I think Jack respects Will and Liz (I think shown by pulling away from the kiss) so I think if Will really loves liz, then he will want her to be happy, and if being with Jack makes her happy, will should just accept that.

LovelyOne
Will isn't at all cold.....I don't think he could mentally exept being an enemy of Jack...I think Jack respects Will and Liz (I think shown by pulling away from the kiss) so I think if Will really loves liz, then he will want her to be happy, and if being with Jack makes her happy, will should just accept that.

He only pulled away because the black spot appeared on his hand. I think he would have kissed her there had that not happened smile
I agree with you on the Will wanting Liz to be happy and accepting her wish to be a pirate with jack.

blackpearl44
Originally posted by LovelyOne
He only pulled away because the black spot appeared on his hand. I think he would have kissed her there had that not happened smile

Good point, I did forget he saw the black spot, but I still think that if Will really loves liz, then he'll want her to be happy, and if being with Jack makes her happy, then he should be happy for her, I don't think he could handle being Jack's enemy.....

LovelyOne
Good point, I did forget he saw the black spot, but I still think that if Will really loves liz, then he'll want her to be happy, and if being with Jack makes her happy, then he should be happy for her, I don't think he could handle being Jack's enemy.....

Yeh I agree with you on that. big grin

blackpearl44
Yes, as long as I get reminded of some of these things....I can have good points....

sweet_kat22
Oh right never mind what I said lol. Everything else here makes sense though. Heh

katelovespirate
hahaha yay. yeah i do think most people are rooting for Liz and Jack, just because they are hott and everyone's fav. characters. but you have to remember- the screenwriters didnt know what kinda actor chemistry was going to happen. they could have written that jack liz kiss in to be pretty obviously a ploy to get jack chained up, and then kiera and depp just had sizzlin chemistry. maybe they shot two endings- one with will, one with jack- and will come check out this message board and decide to go with jack... HAHAHAHA

Gold
Or the next movie could take a total turn around and end up like "The Remains of the day". She marry's Will and moves on in misery cause Jack couldn't let go of his ways.

LovelyOne
hahaha yay. yeah i do think most people are rooting for Liz and Jack, just because they are hott and everyone's fav. characters. but you have to remember- the screenwriters didnt know what kinda actor chemistry was going to happen. they could have written that jack liz kiss in to be pretty obviously a ploy to get jack chained up, and then kiera and depp just had sizzlin chemistry. maybe they shot two endings- one with will, one with jack- and will come check out this message board and decide to go with jack... HAHAHAHA

I was thinkin that too. I have feling they are testing the audience for what they prefer and they are going to choose one of two endings..

blackpearl44
Or the next movie could take a total turn around and end up like "The Remains of the day". She marry's Will and moves on in misery cause Jack couldn't let go of his ways.

Yea, but I don't think that will happen, because I think that even though Jack is a pure pirate, I think he would change a little for her, like make some personal sacrafices. But Jack isn't the one whose changing.......it's liz whos turining into something Jack likes, and will dosn't.......

sweet_kat22

I hope not, I am still hoping for an ending like Spiderman 2 when Mary Jane leaves her wedding for Peter. So I hope that Liz will do the same for Jack heh wink

aelizabeth

Oh, I hope not!! That would be a horrible ending. But I really don't think they would do that..Disney usually goes for the "and they lived happily ever after" ending anyways.

And I do think that Jack is willing to change a bit for liz, if he really likes her as much as we think he does. and i really think he does. he even sort-of proposed marr-i-age to her, lol, and that's changing his ways a bit already. and its not so much of a personal sacrifice to jack as liz is turning into a pirate..if she was lady-like still it would be a big sacrifice..but she is more like him now..

Spiderman 2 ending would be great! lol but what about Will? He would be thinking he got liz back..and they were finally about to be married and then she runs off to Jack...

Ah! Im finding it so hard to predict the ending of the 3rd movie!

LovelyOne
Yea, but I don't think that will happen, because I think that even though Jack is a pure pirate, I think he would change a little for her, like make some personal sacrafices. But Jack isn't the one whose changing.......it's liz whos turining into something Jack likes, and will dosn't.......

YEP YEP YEP. I agree with you totally. Jack wont have to change too much because Liz is already falling in love with the pirate lifestyle. AHA maybe thats disneys way of making it so they dont have to change Jacks charater too much and upset the audience when doing so. So he can be with Liz but not change hehe

I was wondering. You know when Jack was rowing away from the doomed black pearl. Well he looked at the compass again to see what his heart was telling him to do. It obviously pointed to the ship.....but it may have really been Elizabeth it pointed to.

The same goes for when liz was sitting on the chest..maybe it was made to look like it was pointing to the chest when Jack held it but it was really pointing to Liz and it was a simply coincidence that the chest was actually there.

blackpearl44
AHA!! ^^^^^^^^^ YESS!! I very well could be that Jacks desire was not the chest, it was Liz, but it could be either one, because the chest was right under her, but if the chest wasn't there, that would have let everyone know that the compass points to liz everytime he holds it, and points to Jack everytime liz holds it (we already knew that obviously).....so it could have been her or the chest that he desired at that point.....but when he was sailing away from the pearl at that time when he desided to go back, he did look at the compass, and it did point in the pearl and her direction, so it could have been either of those to.....I can't wait until we have some more info on this movie, make it easier on us to figure this stuff out lol. should be soon. and we are going to keep getting very small peices of info on the movie, and for the next 312 days we are going to analyze that info into the ground and come up with a million more theories on the third movie based on the first and second movie, until the third is out and we can actually see it lol.

sweet_kat22
Tee hee, come on guys now your getting me all excited. I think I need to stop reading the Jack Liz posts cuz I will be disapointed if it doesnt happen. I was ready to yell "Woo hoo" In the theaters when she kissed Jack heh. I actually was about too then she chained him and I was like "Damn you bi**"

Pirates= Love
I at the moment feel as if im the only one who wants Liz and WILL to be together...Jacks cool and all but im rooting for Will....

also its almost as if Liz is never gonna be with someone...
she gets rid of Norrington (spellin??) for Will and according to you all shes gonna leave Will for Jack...man im soooo confused....guess i'll have to wait until May

blackpearl44
Yes, I think you are one of the only ones I know of that wants liz and will together.....Jack and liz have so much more chemistry than liz and will....

LovelyOne
LOL i think we all will have to wait till may. I mean I'm not saying my opinions are right... I'm just guessing on what might happend based on what i have seen with the two films.

I mean even Will's main focus throughtout most of this film was his father and not Liz. It just makes more sense that the next movie is going to head that way. If not then my 3 years of film studies was all for nothing lol.

blackpearl44
Yea, It just more clearly shows the develpoement of the chracters personalities...until the part in the first movie where jack and liz were stranded on the island together, you would never think they would be together, that was the first hint of a future relaionship between them. and it has developed alot through 2 films.

aelizabeth
lol..yeah right now it seems will's purpose in the 3rd is to rescue jack and above all save his father. in the 2nd it seemed like he didnt have much time for liz..and if im predicting right , itll be the same way in the 3rd.

and the liz and jack relationship has been developing constantly..getting bigger and bigger.

and we will at least have to wait until more info on the 3rd is released..or until the actual film. its hard to say now.

blackpearl44
There is going to be alot of "info" on the third movie released between now and may. alot of that info will be false, and we have to be able to separate the true from the false information....like, people should know that they wouldn't release the real script for the third movie 9 months before the month of the release.....some of it's just common sense.

aelizabeth
I totally agree..it is common sense. obviously the real script isnt released..and i dont think it will be until after the movie is released. the only people you can really trust for info is disney, methinks.

LovelyOne
Yea, It just more clearly shows the develpoement of the chracters personalities...until the part in the first movie where jack and liz were stranded on the island together, you would never think they would be together, that was the first hint of a future relaionship between them. and it has developed alot through 2 films.

Exactly.

Will's and Liz's didnt progress at all since the end of the last film. I mean there wedding was stopped. Surley if Disney wanted these two to progress they would be a married couple throughout the movie. It would mean the audience would have been rooting for that relationship instead of Jack/liz. No matter how much they love the idea of Jack/liz.

But no it was stopped in order for the characters to develop differently. There are so many signs in this movie..I hope I am reading them right lol.

blackpearl44
Yes, and quite often there are leaks, from people that are asociated with the movie. and that's where people get some of these ideas..and sometimes the production does that on purpose to keep the people interested until the movie comes out.

and yes lovelyone, If the will liz thing was going to go through, they would have done it by the end of the second film.....now it's to late for anything to happen with will and liz, and the signs in the movie could have so many meanings, and we just have to use what we know from the 1st and 2nd movies, and info that we get on the 3rd movie, to make the best guesses possible....

aelizabeth
right now, this whole thing seems like a big guessing game.. messed
but i like guessing games so i'm cool with it..it just makes me more excited for the 3rd movie big grin

LovelyOne
Yeh its all guessing..but there are hints in the movie that do back up the theory of Jack ending up with Liz instead of Will ending up with her. I cant think of anything that symbolizes a bright future for will/Liz in the film actually.

blackpearl44
I can't either. There was nothing.........they were barely together in the film....and when they were, will was just telling her to guard the chest lol.

aelizabeth
true, there is nothing in the movie to support a liz/will relationship. and in the first one..there wasnt much evidence to prove they should get married, besides will telling her he loved her. i don't remember liz having feelings for will during the movie..

LovelyOne
Its obviously the preferred relationship. People are even making music videos for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OTsMBAXUmY

LOOOL Its a good video though.

And yeh I agree with both of you. The only thing I can think of where they bonded was at the beginning through the bars..then Liz drastically changed in the middle of the movie and by the time Will came back she was a different person. He set off to save her but she escaped herself. Will didnt do anything to help develop her charater. Jack did.

blackpearl44
Yes, and I've seen the deleted scenes that they were going to put in the first movie, but decided to take out because there wasn't enough room to put them in the film (that's their reasoning), and along with all of the bonding scenes in the 1st and 2nd movie, half of the deleted scenes from the first movie are scenes with liz and Jack and their "moments"

katelovespirate
that music video is HOTT. nuff said.
gosh i am getting so confused now that there are 2 threads about whether jack and liz will get together. now i have to go in circle discussions twice. hehehe.
i need to go watch those deleted scenes....

blackpearl44
Yes, watch them, if you have them, nd you haven't seen them already, there's one where they have a whole other discussion on the beach, when they are stranded on that island. and one where liz is telling Jack how intelligent he is.....

LovelyOne
What deleted scenes for the first movie? I have never seen them sad what happens in them?

blackpearl44
I said what they are about in the post above yours.....but if you want me to go into detail, I will.

katelovespirate
YAY GO INTO DETAILL!!!! smile

blackpearl44
One of them is when they are on a ship, looking into the water, and they are talking, and she said "your a very smart man Jack, but I don't know if I can completely trust you" and he gets closer to her and said "peas in a pod, peas in a pod" and another one is an extended version of them on the island, and she askes him if there is any truth in stories that people tell about him, and he's showing her all of the scars and brands on his body.

sweet_kat22
Wooo hoo is it hot in here or is it just me? That video surely did prove everything. Just look how Jelous jack looks at those two in the whole movie. Compass points for both of them, And that KISS compared to Will and Liz's wussy kiss was a hot romantic kiss. And she was going to kiss him again but she chained him instead. AND Shes holding onto his leg pretty tightly there when he shoots at the explosives.

blackpearl44
It's just you..LOL jk jk jk.....yes, she was holding on to him pretty tight.....

katelovespirate
deleted scenes make me happy. smile smile smile

katelovespirate
thanks for the info btw

blackpearl44
Your welcome....I needed a second opinion on the anyway.....

LovelyOne
AHA!! ^^^^^^^^^ YESS!! I very well could be that Jacks desire was not the chest, it was Liz, but it could be either one, because the chest was right under her, but if the chest wasn't there, that would have let everyone know that the compass points to liz everytime he holds it, and points to Jack everytime liz holds it (we already knew that obviously).....so it could have been her or the chest that he desired at that point.....but when he was sailing away from the pearl at that time when he desided to go back, he did look at the compass, and it did point in the pearl and her direction, so it could have been either of those to.....I can't wait until we have some more info on this movie, make it easier on us to figure this stuff out lol. should be soon. and we are going to keep getting very small peices of info on the movie, and for the next 312 days we are going to analyze that info into the ground and come up with a million more theories on the third movie based on the first and second movie, until the third is out and we can actually see it lol.
OHHHHHHH I missed this post. And I agree with you yet again lol.

You know what. I remember that Jack thought the compass "wasnt working" for him, so he gave it to Liz thinking she would find the way to the chest. Maybe the compass was actually pointing at Liz each time he held it but he thought it was broken.

As soon as she escaped and went in persuit of him the compass started stopping in a different direction each time he looked at it (pointing at her location maybe?).

This would bring a significance to the scene where it actually did work for him when she was sitting on the chest. Why did it suddenly work for him there? I dont think it was the chest it pointed to it was pointing at her and she just happened to be sitting on the chest. That was the first time in the movie where he actually looked at the compass when she was in close contact to him I think.

blackpearl44
I think that he also was thinking it didn't work until he finally realized that.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by CaptnCaribbean
HAHA anyone would know that wasn't a real kiss

then why after she had chained him up did she go in for another taste then pull away? She liked the kiss it was obvious and she wanted more.

Dont believe me?

Watch her go in as if to kiss him again AFTER she chained him up..It wasnt a fake kiss. She meant it for sure.

Maybe she wanted a real good taster of him before she had to chain him up. Its clear that she is finding it hard to pretend shes "not sorry" for what she has just done..Its obvious she is regretting it already. She wants more of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41pz43Xfcl8

katelovespirate
OH MY GOODNESS-- just watched the 3 jack/liz deleted scenes from the 1st movie, and in my opinion, they make everything right with the world. i mean, the "peas in a pod" scene was SOSOOOOOOOOO neccesary to the 2nd film- i cant believe they didnt leave that in. How he said "i admire a person who is willing to do whatever it takes..." that is SOOOOO relavant to the 2nd film. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. i feel so inspired.

LovelyOne
OH MY GOODNESS-- just watched the 3 jack/liz deleted scenes from the 1st movie, and in my opinion, they make everything right with the world. i mean, the "peas in a pod" scene was SOSOOOOOOOOO neccesary to the 2nd film- i cant believe they didnt leave that in. How he said "i admire a person who is willing to do whatever it takes..." that is SOOOOO relavant to the 2nd film. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. i feel so inspired.

Maybe they didnt want to give too much away about their possible future relationship that early on in the series..

blackpearl44
That's what I thaught when I watched them to.....ah the wonders of deleted scenes....

LovelyOne
That's what I thaught when I watched them to.....ah the wonders of deleted scenes....

at that point they may have thought they were doing only one so they decided not to suggest the Jack/Liz relationship. Would probably confuse audiences.

blackpearl44
Yea, I don't think they knw at that time how they were going to handle the 2nd, 3rd, and maybe even 4th movie.

LovelyOne
I dunno if a fouth would work for some reason. Maybe if its got a story line completley not associated with Davy Jones.

blackpearl44
^^ yea, I agree, I think that's the only way that a fourth movie would work, have a new storyline separate from davy jones. but if the franchise keeps making money, and they have a good story, then by all means they should make a fourth. But, only if it would be as good as the first 3.

katelovespirate
OH GEE... more movies= more years to wait for more movies. i hope they tie things up neatly at the end of this one as far as the jack/will/liz relationships go, even if they do plan on a 4th.

blackpearl44
^^ Yea, that's what I hope.

katelovespirate
i'm trying to figure what the "jack elizabeth" relationship would look like if it worked out. i mean, it wouldnt be traditional- like a normal marriage, kids, etc.
so what, is it like a "pirates with benefits" type thing, or what would it be if it worked out?

sweet_kat22
Wheee hehehe every time I watch it I get so excited and giggle like a school girl. DAmnit Im too obsessed with these two now. If they dont Put them together in the next movie I am going to Disney Studio and burning it. heheh stick out tongue eek! (Laughs insanly) Too much sugar? Or something? I really dont know.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>