move lex luthor (superman returns) vs comic superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mider
movie spoilers ahead

i know precrisis lex luthor could travel back in time using orenge juice or something like that someone once said, in his newest plot lex luthor is using kryptonian tech, but in the movie he used it in a really excellent superman bashing way, the crystal he was going to use to make a contenent could be infused with other things that it came in contact with, thus lex stole a peace of kryptonite and infused it with the crystal making an entire continent laced with kryptonite, superman was basically human on this content, lex luthor and his goones really messed him up and almost killed him, he gets goes and gets charged up by the sun after being saved by lois lane, if she hadnt been there he would have drowned, no he wasnt sundipped he just like got the rays not up close or nothing not any closer then you would in a plane, anyway he picks up the entire continent that lex created i may be nieve but the ENTIRE continent was basically rock and kryptonite, how did supes servive it, how did he even have the strength to lift it up and throw it into space, and not die is beyond me, dont get me wrong, he was put into a coma but a day later he's up and at it, i dont know how much he has to do to overcome normalk kryptonite but an entire continent? how did he manage that?

Mider
movie spoilers

i dont know if he was as smart as comic book lex in that i dont remeber if he was rich cause of lexcorp or what, he had his wife who was like a million years old sign over all her cash to him before she died, and then he left her house in ruins he used her vast wealth to go to the fortress of solitude, and steal alot of supes crystals, i would think he could have done something else to supes or prepaired better he basically had all kryptonian science at his bech and call there in the fortress but all he did was take the crystal tech.

Mider
bump

H. S. 6
WTF? What the f**k?

Mider
yeah wow my sentences are so hard

MOVIE SPOILERS

to me the movie lex luthor seemed to be smarter then the comic lex luthor, he created an entire continent laced with kryptonite, supes was so depowed even movie lex who isnt very tough, beat supes around, supes then was stabed with kryptonite and left to drown of lois lane hadnt been there to save him he would have died, MY POINT IS, how the hell was he suppose to have beaten lex luthor, he picked up the entire continent and threw it into space, how is that possible if a few moments before he could barely handle lex luthor in hand to hand combat, so i think that this version of lex was alot smarter since his plan was pretty much foolproof in a way, how would supes beat him if the entire continent he made was totally laced with krpytonite, id would basically be the equivalent of the negative zone that spawn has in his comics but for supes.

Mider
bump

Mider
bump

Tron
When movie Lex can make an armor that can stand up to comic Superman, then this'll become more of a challenge.

Mider
why make an army when you can just lace an entire continent with kryptonite and thus be safe from your enemy if he steps foot on your continent BAM he's dead comic supes dont just become human like when in contact with kryptonite he gets sick and crap, only reason supes even servived is cause of movie CIS and lois lane, i dont think you need to spend billions on an army just to beat a guy with something out of his own tech, i mean by logic brown rarely works against the man of steel, like movie lex said brains over brawn, if a small stone of kryptonite can kill superman in the comics or even give him trouble thus the reason why lex wears that ring, in a none CIS or PIS comic or series superman alone with out help should have died when he was comming in contact with luthors new contienent or should have been dieing.

Mider
ok here's what ive seen from lex luthor, in comics LATELY dont judge me yet cause ive only studied up on him lately, he has kryptonite in his blood, has weapons to fight kryptonians in his suit, and had a new war suit that was covered in kryptonite i believe but instead of spending billions lex luthor from the movie just went to the artic.......got a crystal........let it merge with kryptonite with itself.........and insteald of his body or a suit or even a war machine, he had an ENTIRE continent as a weapon against superman...........and as long as he stayed on that continent in a none PIS or CIS time Superman wouldnt be able to go there or even hurt luthor, and it wouldnt have cost luthor alot of cash at all, i mean you think superman got beat up badly in the movie by a regular lex, can you imagine if lex had his upgrades OUCH. supes head would have been kicked off, even with out his upgrades he would still have his martial arts training once again OUCH for supes.

Validus
Originally posted by H. S. 6
WTF? What the f**k?
Ditto.

Grimm22
Comic Lex >>>>>> Movie Supes no expression

Comic Supes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Movie Lex big grin

Mider
yeah wow what a great reason and explenation behind your choice can you sense the sarcasm?

ebonyblade1
The movie lex is a brilliant tactician on par with comic batman. When you think about it movie lex should have won. Superman had unbelievable luck. He was obviously more resistant to kryptonite then in the past. Somehow the movie supes seems to be more resistant and probably more powerful than comic supes. Movie lex takes this if he ever learns to not surround himself by people like kitty. And someone like mercy or hope.

Mider
finally someone see's beyond who's got the bigger guns like thinking.

Mider
the moment supes got on that island he should have collapsed in pain or something shouldnt have he? or fallen out of the sky just getting near it, with out outside help he would have drowned.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
The movie lex is a brilliant tactician on par with comic batman.The movie Lex was Kevin Spacey in a bald cap being less threatening than a hungry Oprah.

Validus
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The movie Lex was Kevin Spacey in a bald cap being less threatening than a hungry Oprah.
laughing laughing out loud

Seriously, why anyone would think movie Lex is superior to his comic counterpart is beyond me. Comic Lex would probably put a bullet in Spacey/Hackman's head for being such a tool.

Mider
wow you guys bring such great arguments cough cough yeah anyway why dont you go post in some thanos thread im sure he needs his butt kissed about now.

Validus
Maybe you could post an argument first instead of describing the movie. Paragraphs would help.

Mider
i did post an argument i guess you dont read shall i post it again

ok movie lex........got money......used it to steal supes tech.......combined it with kryptonite.........thus making the continent he would have made with the crystal tech full of kryptonite.....thus knowing supes would show up and with out PIS or CIS should have died or been squirming like a fish, lex kicked his butt, if he had his upgrades or martial arts skills he should have killed supes who was powerless, if it wasnt for lois lane he would have drowned, he should have died anyway he shouldnt have been able to pick that continent up, with out CIS or PIS, lex would have had his very own continent free of superman with kryptonian technology to rule the world.................comic book lex messes his body up and gets super strengh with is silly since rarely does anyone defeat supes in a phyiscal fight, he gets a war ship, what is it with this guy and giant robots, THEY DONT WORK. robots THEY DONT WORK. KRYPTONITE WORKS i know it was laced with kryptonite but it still wasnt a continent.

xmarksthespot
People who can't spell genius aren't allowed to use it in a derisive manner. Forum rules.

Mider
yeah they should make stupid jokes against the rules too huh?

Validus
Originally posted by Mider
i did post an argument i guess you dont read shall i post it again

ok movie lex........got money......used it to steal supes tech.......combined it with kryptonite.........thus making the continent he would have made with the crystal tech full of kryptonite.....thus knowing supes would show up and with out PIS or CIS should have died or been squirming like a fish, lex kicked his butt, if he had his upgrades or martial arts skills he should have killed supes who was powerless, if it wasnt for lois lane he would have drowned, he should have died anyway he shouldnt have been able to pick that continent up, with out CIS or PIS, lex would have had his very own continent free of superman with kryptonian technology to rule the world.................comic book lex messes his body up and gets super strengh with is silly since rarely does anyone defeat supes in a phyiscal fight, he gets a war ship, what is it with this guy and giant robots, THEY DONT WORK. robots THEY DONT WORK. KRYPTONITE WORKS i know it was laced with kryptonite but it still wasnt a continent.
I've seen the movie.

Mider
yeah so why do you ask for an argument when i gave it to you if you saw the movie then why are you babbling, what has comic book lex done that out does movie lex, a giant death gun oh wow been there done that, movie lex knew what supes weaknesses where capatalized on them BIG TIME end of story should have won the fight, comic lex just makes some giant robot or robots or something like that if you can give me an example of him doing anything better please speak up.

Validus
You're right. Clearly, I'm just an ass.

Mider
i didnt say that you did, perhaps if comic lex had the same tech he'd have done the same thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.