Christians United?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nellinator
It should be known by Christians that the differences that seperate the many denominations are unimportant to God in comparison to many of his other teachings. God demands only the tenets of holy living, righteousness, and the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior. That is why these topics are emphasized time and again in the Bible. Why is it that denominations split and fight amongst each other over such things as spiritual gifts, baptism for the dead, and infant baptism? Should not all churches focus on spreading the tenets of Christianity instead of squabbling over minor theological differences? I am interested to hear what Christians think about this, but moreso what non-Christians think about seperation in the church.

Alliance
Religion should not be spread. Period.

Imperial_Samura
The title made me laugh - it took almost six posts to get convince a couple of members that a Catholic IS a Christians. And even then I can't say they really believed it.

Alliance
I agree. Some still don't. Some people also believe that those who don't take the bible literally are not Christians either.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
It should be known by Christians that the differences that seperate the many denominations are unimportant to God in comparison to many of his other teachings. God demands only the tenets of holy living, righteousness, and the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior. That is why these topics are emphasized time and again in the Bible. Why is it that denominations split and fight amongst each other over such things as spiritual gifts, baptism for the dead, and infant baptism? Should not all churches focus on spreading the tenets of Christianity instead of squabbling over minor theological differences? I am interested to hear what Christians think about this, but moreso what non-Christians think about seperation in the church.

Because these belief of yours, that there is this god from the bible and that Jesus is god, are untrue. You may know a faith by its people.

Alliance
Religions don't view God as demanding the same things from them.

Eis
Christians United? Is that a club? Can I join?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Eis
Christians United? Is that a club? Can I join?

No, being you is a sin. laughing jk

Eis
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Oh no! You did not just go there...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Eis
Oh no! You did not just go there...

I knew it was a subject close to your heart. stick out tongue

Eis
I knew it was a subject close to your heart. stick out tongue
I need to go cry it off now...

Bardock42

You are a stupid dumbass, I hope you die and I hate you. jk

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Bardock42

crybaby

Bardock42
crybaby

I know...Slander....

Nellinator
Because these belief of yours, that there is this god from the bible and that Jesus is god, are untrue. You may know a faith by its people.
Who said I was a Christian? Not me. I have never made a claim to say I believed what I wrote, I simply am interested in many things pertaining to Christianity.

Eis
Originally posted by Bardock42
laughing

Shakyamunison
Who said I was a Christian? Not me. I have never made a claim to say I believed what I wrote, I simply am interested in many things pertaining to Christianity.

Sorry if I lumped you.

Regret

While Christ was on the Earth, he gathered the twelve apostles. He organized the group of Seventy. He created a structure for the Church. Why did he do this? Is the structure important? Following the betrayal and death of Judas, what was the action taken by the remaining eleven apostles? They filled the empty space with another. There is evidence that the structure was important.

Read from Eusebius, a historian of the Christian Church in the early 4th century C.E.

The apostles traveled to the various churches, trying to maintain consistency among the churches. It is important that the Church be consistent between churches. There are wrong ways to worship.

Many Christians hold that these bodies were meant as a foundation to the church, but that the apostolic structure was never intended to be final. We, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, believe that the failure to maintain Christ's established structure, with the Twelve as special witnesses of Christ and the continuing foundation of the church, broke the authoritative thread of the priesthood. Thus apostasy occurred through loss of the quorum and its authority.

Mainstream Christianity's lack of ability to uniformly moving in the same direction is, in our, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, opinion, a sign of the loss of priesthood authority.

There was only one way to worship, and the apostles maintained that. Following their deaths the structure also fell, and the combinations of impious error arose by the fraud and delusions of false teachers. Sorry, but there should only be one true Christian Church.

Now, your appraisal is simplistic, and avoids the gaps that exist in the Bible. If the requirements are as simple as your statement claims then why did the apostles speak out against various topics beyond what you state? Why did Christ create the structure he did? It is important to maintain the structure and the authority that existed in the early church. Your simple structure is lacking in Biblical support.

Alliance
Who said I was a Christian? Not me. I have never made a claim to say I believed what I wrote, I simply am interested in many things pertaining to Christianity. '

I lumped you too...care to tell the truth?

debbiejo
Don't listen to Eusebius, he's a heretic....He's the one that Constantine ordered to alter the scriptures.....

Alliance
lol...Heretics

Regret
Originally posted by debbiejo
Don't listen to Eusebius, he's a heretic....He's the one that Constantine ordered to alter the scriptures.....

A knowledge of where his faults/loyalties lie allows one to pick at his writings to take the bits of truth from them. The second should be fairly accurate. It is Eusebius quoting from a prior historian, he would have merely omitted quotes that did not support his agenda, not altered them to support.

Storm
Christianity is a severely divided faith with groups professing many diverse and conflicting beliefs. There are so many differing perspectives. Individuals and churches within each denomination often hold dissimilar beliefs.
To try to understand why and how so many different denominations developed, you have to take a look at the history of the church.

lord xyz
Christianity is a bunch of jews who love Jesus. The old testimant in the bible is what Jews believe! If christians want to unite, they first must believe they're jewish.

Alliance
Originally posted by Storm
Christianity is a severely divided faith with groups professing many diverse and conflicting beliefs. There are so many differing perspectives. Individuals and churches within each denomination often hold dissimilar beliefs.
To try to understand why and how so many different denominations developed, you have to take a look at the history of the church.

This is a good think in imo, it prevents the formation of an huge one-track base.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.