Silver Surfer vs Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avalonofthewind
Strange enough that this didn't come up on a search.

Who wins?

bigbran
the search buttons screwed, ill say ss.

Skeets
Yeah this has been done a bunch of times.Surfer schools him more often then not.

Broly92
Originally posted by Skeets
Yeah this has been done a bunch of times.Surfer schools him more often then not.
Yes it has been done and it depends on the Lobo if it is hang with Supes and get beat or leave or knock out Supes in one punch Lobo if it is that one then he makes it a close fight

Skeets
Originally posted by Broly92
Yes it has been done and it depends on the Lobo if it is hang with Supes and get beat or leave or knock out Supes in one punch Lobo if it is that one then he makes it a close fight
Or get punched out into orbit lobo...

Broly92
Or get punched out into orbit lobo...
Yeah! No one can survive Superman's jobber aura for long

Rols
SS wins by BFR. To the death its quite impossible to kill Lobo.

Whittdawg92
it isn't impossible to kill him, he can die, but a.he'll just multiply or b.get kicked outta heaven and hell really quickly.

Rols
Yeah, his quite a nuisance. But you think SS possess enough power to disintegrate every single cell and send him to another dimention (DBZ style, Hell).

juggernaut66666
ss for the win

Mider
classic lobo wins current lobo loses.

Accel
Surfer. Easliy.

Juntai
Originally posted by Rols
Yeah, his quite a nuisance. But you think SS possess enough power to disintegrate every single cell and send him to another dimention (DBZ style, Hell). Doesn't matter, he'd come back anyways. Lobo CANNOT die, ever. After a few blasts or so, he'd be immune to Surfers energy as well. Just like he became immune to magic after getting hit with a powerful spell.

Accel
Originally posted by Juntai
Doesn't matter, he'd come back anyways. Lobo CANNOT die, ever. After a few blasts or so, he'd be immune to Surfers energy as well. Just like he became immune to magic after getting hit with a powerful spell.
So he can evolve like Doomsday? Either way, Surfer could always just send him into space and leave him there.

Juntai
Originally posted by Accel
So he can evolve like Doomsday? Either way, Surfer could always just send him into space and leave him there. What would that do exactly?

Accel
What would that do exactly?
BFR.

Juntai
BFR. Lobo is not helpless in space, he's an intergalactic bounty hunter who travels the entire universe. He'd just summon of his space-dolphins or one of his cycles to him.

Accel
Lobo is not helpless in space, he's an intergalactic bounty hunter who travels the entire universe. He'd just summon of his space-dolphins or one of his cycles to him.
Surfer could just destroy them then, unless they are supposed to be indestructible.

Besides, wouldn't that count as outside help? On his own, Lobo ain't getting back down.

Juntai
Surfer could just destroy them then, unless they are supposed to be indestructible.

Besides, wouldn't that count as outside help? On his own, Lobo ain't getting back down.

Agreed, I'm just pointing out that he's not helpless, but whats to stop Lobo from just grabbing him and ripping him in half when he tries it? He's done it to gods before. wink

Accel
Agreed, I'm just pointing out that he's not helpless, but whats to stop Lobo from just grabbing him and ripping him in half when he tries it? He's done it to gods before. wink
I know he can survive in space and all, but he wouldn't be able to get back down under his own power.

Surfer could just trap him in the board and fly him away.

Juntai
I know he can survive in space and all, but he wouldn't be able to get back down unde rhis own power.

Surfer could just trap him in the board and fly him away. Lobo would use ghost form and win anyways, or possess him.

Kinda like Surfer...Lobo's near the top of the PIS meter.

HisMajestyAC43
surfer should take this, maybe by ko or bfr...

snoopdogg
Surfer should win via bfr. Any other way would be kinda hard and all.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/LoboandSurfer.jpg

Validus
Surfer takes him.

Skeets
Lobo's gotten BFR more the any other character.....laughing out loud

Mider
how would surfer even be able to BFR lobo lobo servived a galaxy wide explosion, Surfer shouldnt be even able to budge him, he'd be blasting him and it would be like how it was when thanos blasted odin, no effect, then lobo would rip surfers head off since he once riped a cube with the density of the whole universe.

Accel
Lobo would use ghost form and win anyways, or possess him.

Kinda like Surfer...Lobo's near the top of the PIS meter.
Surfer can still use his speed to BFR Lobo before he has a chance to react.
Originally posted by Mider
how would surfer even be able to BFR lobo lobo servived a galaxy wide explosion, Surfer shouldnt be even able to budge him, he'd be blasting him and it would be like how it was when thanos blasted odin, no effect, then lobo would rip surfers head off since he once riped a cube with the density of the whole universe.
Lobo's durable, but he's not immovable.

Skeets
how would surfer even be able to BFR lobo lobo servived a galaxy wide explosion, Surfer shouldnt be even able to budge him, he'd be blasting him and it would be like how it was when thanos blasted odin, no effect, then lobo would rip surfers head off since he once riped a cube with the density of the whole universe. Durability has nothing to due with him getting Removed from the battle field.

Rols
Same way Superman BFR Lobo. I dont think Lobo is on par with Odin, there has never been any showing of Lobo that sets him on Par with Odin. What sets him apart from other muscle bound is his ridicolous healing abilities, his freakin weired senses of humor/reality. Kinda reminds you of the Hulk w/out freakin weired outlook on reality.

Avalonofthewind
Surfer can still use his speed to BFR Lobo before he has a chance to react.

I highly doubt that SS moves or perceives any faster than Lobo considering that Lobo himself travels FTL across the universe on his bike.

Juntai
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I highly doubt that SS moves or perceives any faster than Lobo considering that Lobo himself travels FTL across the universe on his bike. And has superspeed himself, enough to fight the other superspeedsters, Flash, Supes, etc.

Skeets
I highly doubt that SS moves or perceives any faster than Lobo considering that Lobo himself travels FTL across the universe on his bike.
Surfer examined the whole Marvel universe in a picosecond(some shit like that) then traveled where he needed to be in half the time.Did I word that right...confusedOriginally posted by Juntai
And has superspeed himself, enough to fight the other superspeedsters, Flash, Supes, etc.
bah we all know Supes owns him when he wants.

Accel
That's flight speed vs combat speed; and without Lobo's hog helping him, Surfer can easily use his board to just fly into Lobo into escape velocity.
bah we all know Supes owns him when he wants.
Exactly.

Sixth_Winged
SS can transmute him to some inanimate object like a block of wood or a stone statue thereby nullfying his regen and multiplication ability. Or he could just produce a black hole and since Lobo doesn't really have flight with FTL speed, he'd be trapped in singularity.

nimbus006
Has anyone read part 4 of Silver Surfer- Annihilation. The reason I ask is b/c when I left the Surfer in three he had gotten a ridiculous upgrade from Galactus in which he looked Awesome!! Galactus imbued him with the will to do whatever was necessary to defeat Annihilus's army. So until we know his current levels this is all just speculation. Either way though, i think Surfer sends Lobo into Orbit around the moon.

Sixth_Winged
He created a new board in 4 when ravenous grabbed his board. Apparently he can make one whenever he wants.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
SS can transmute him to some inanimate object like a block of wood or a stone statue thereby nullfying his regen and multiplication ability. Or he could just produce a black hole and since Lobo doesn't really have flight with FTL speed, he'd be trapped in singularity.

This is true as well... if Surfer releases enough energy in outerspace, the discharge causes a "hungry hole" to form, and that in itself would probably take Lobo out.

nimbus006
He created a new board in 4 when ravenous grabbed his board. Apparently he can make one whenever he wants.

Yea but that was even before his upgrade.

Juntai
I don't think it was really an upgrade so much as Surfer finally gaining the willpower to do what's neccisary to use full force. I'd have to see do something he couldn't have a chance at doing before, before I'll consider it a real upgrade. Given his feats though, it's unlikely.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by nimbus006
Yea but that was even before his upgrade.

i don't recall any instances where it wasn't essential to him or something. It's been broken several times but he has repaired it instead of making a new one under his own power. he sure didn't have that ability in blood and thunder where he asked the board to carry an injured BRB to safety while he is stuck fighting thor.

nimbus006
Maybe I'm thinking of him repairing the board. So do you think that him making a new board is a direct result from his new upgrade? And is that it, or does he show some ridiculous display of power that assures you he is even nastier? Dont answer elaborately b/c i havent read it yet... thanx

Sixth_Winged
Probably not. It's just that surfer is heavy on reluctance on using the rest of his versatility till now.

It rarely happens in his own book per issue where he does something truely uber, but when he does, it's quite high up there in the scale.

Skeets
No he's just that NASTY.

Juntai
Did anyone else think it was ****ed up how they came to take down Galactus, and ran in fear of Surfer?

Sounds like a huge hole in the plot lol.

Blair Wind
laughing yea

Skeets
Did anyone else think it was ****ed up how they came to take down Galactus, and ran in fear of Surfer?

Sounds like a huge hole in the plot lol. Originally posted by Skeets
No he's just that NASTY.

nimbus006
Probably not. It's just that surfer is heavy on reluctance on using the rest of his versatility till now.

It rarely happens in his own book per issue where he does something truely uber, but when he does, it's quite high up there in the scale.

Yea i figured the only thing Galactus did was take away his concious or whatever. But i was hoping maybe he made him a little bit more powerful. Even though doing what he did is just as good as making him more powerful i guess.

Juntai
lmao, skeets.

Sixth_Winged

Sounds like a huge hole in the plot lol.

laughing I ponder that myself when i read #3.

Guess they think the big fish can't bite or something.

Skeets
laughing I ponder that myself when i read #3.

Guess they think the big fish can't bite or something.
It's that Galactus looks pretty fruity with his Pink latex armor.
Surfer looks badass with his briefs and bald head.Did I mention how Surfer looks like Lex luthor without his silver skin....ermm

Sixth_Winged
Galactus is indeed fruitty looking. The pope-sized helm along with his color scheme just screams for help.

Juntai
Anyone else happen to see that DC snagged up Starlin to write the new Captain Comet, series?
I'm excited.

Skeets
Galactus is indeed fruitty looking. The pope-sized helm along with his color scheme just screams for help.
Have you seen him rocking the short sleeves,showing off his Biceps...laughing out loud

Skeets
Anyone else happen to see that DC snagged up Starlin to write the new Captain Comet, series?
I'm excited.
Who the hell is Captain comet.no expression

Sixth_Winged
Have you seen him rocking the short sleeves,showing off his Biceps...laughing out loud

Dude.... he was obviously working out laughing

Seriously, that is bad specially working with his head.

Juntai
Who the hell is Captain comet.no expression Older character from the late 40's early 50's, basically reinvented/reintroduced in the Crisis. Helped in the Rann/Thanagar War. Cosmic guy.. Starlin's specialty.

Skeets
Older character from the late 40's early 50's, basically reinvented/reintroduced in the Crisis. Helped in the Rann/Thanagar War. Cosmic guy.. Starlin's specialty.
Was he in the Issue when Kyle became Ion again?

tdawg14
Galactus does have a strange look, but he is a great character regardless. SS did receive a power upgrade in Annhilation from what I've seen. He totally whooped the hell out of Ravenous. At one point, Ravenous proceeded to grab SS board to think he had taken an advantage from SS. SS called him a fool and Ravenous realized that he could not let go of the board and was sent to a distant planet. SS created a new board and when Ravenous arrived at the planet, SS was there and they fought again after Ravenous refused to go back to the Negative zone. They grappled and SS took him down physically with ease and released enough energy to destroy the planet. At that point, Ravenous asked SS "What have you become"? Awesome issue

Juntai
Was he in the Issue when Kyle became Ion again? The Special? I don't recall. He was helping Kyle through most of the series tho. He was the uber telepath.

Skeets
Originally posted by tdawg14
Galactus does have a strange look, but he is a great character regardless. SS did receive a power upgrade in Annhilation from what I've seen. He totally whooped the hell out of Ravenous. At one point, Ravenous proceeded to grab SS board to think he had taken an advantage from SS. SS called him a fool and Ravenous realized that he could not let go of the board and was sent to a distant planet. SS created a new board and when Ravenous arrived at the planet, SS was there and they fought again after Ravenous refused to go back to the Negative zone. They grappled and SS took him down physically with ease and released enough energy to destroy the planet. At that point, Ravenous asked SS "What have you become"? Awesome issue
droolio you hear that Jun Supes don't have nothing on Surfer...Originally posted by Juntai
The Special? I don't recall. He was helping Kyle through most of the series tho. He was the uber telepath.
What he look like?

Juntai
droolio you hear that Jun Supes don't have nothing on Surfer...
What he look like? What's Surfer's battle percentage against Thor?

Supes has a 100% victory rate.
big grin

Juntai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Comet01.jpg

Skeets
What's Surfer's battle percentage against Thor?

Supes has a 100% victory rate.
big grin
Bah regular Thor's never beaten Surfer.Originally posted by Juntai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Comet01.jpg
Yeah,he's in the special or was it adam strange...confused

tdawg14
Current SS would whoop up on Supes 10/10. Worse than before the upgrade where he could only take 8/10.

Avalonofthewind
droolio you hear that Jun Supes don't have nothing on Surfer...
What he look like?

Admittedly, the last SS issue was pretty awesome...then again, so were the last 2-3 issues of Superman(who's gotten his own upgrade as well), where he battled Luthor in that Kryptonian warship and even Supergirl battling a man made of kryptonite in H2H.

It's almost like Marvel & DC plan these things...

Skeets
supes got an upgrade....barker Avy don't lie to me....

General Kon-El
supes got an upgrade....barker Avy don't lie to be.... i think he means hes talking about All-Star Superman who went from Post-Crisis to a continuity of Pre-Crisis Superman

Skeets
Originally posted by General Kon-El
i think he means hes talking about All-Star Superman who went from Post-Crisis to a continuity of Pre-Crisis Superman
Que?I think you said something about All-star Supes..confused Avalon's not talking about him.

Validus
According to The Next #1, Superman is the most powerful being in this part of the space/time continuum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
According to The Next #1, Superman is the most powerful being in this part of the space/time continuum. roll eyes (sarcastic)
no expression So no upgrade then.

LordFear
this fight spells doom for the Main Man!!!!

Validus
no expression So no upgrade then.
He sealed a leak in space/time by rubbing his hands together.

Skeets
He sealed a leak in space/time by rubbing his hands together.
So no upgrade then.

Validus
Superman > Space/Time

Skeets
So no upgrade then.

Validus
Superman > Upgrades

Skeets
Since when is this new for Superman.

Validus
It's not but it's a dark day for Superman haters. weep

Skeets
See i was gonna picked him too for the tourney....weep

Avalonofthewind

Not at all. Ever since he got his powers back he's been commenting about how "fine tuned" they seem to be. His senses and mental processes are on a much higher level than they used to be...and so far, it's been pretty good to see Superman not act like a clueless dunce in battle.

Same as with Surfer apparently growing a backbone from his "upgrade."

Looks like it's a good year to be a fan of both characters.

big grin

UniOmni

You read that too?? I guess Magneto is more powerful than the guy you just named, since what Superman did with the static electricity, he could do with a blink..........God, that mutie hate has to burn in ya bellies right now?!!!

Or more disturbing, is the fact that, buying into G.Morrisons supercockstroking, a room full of 4th graders that just discovered the joys of rubbing their feet on the ground, could also temporarily seal rifts in space and time??.........DC and the juices they serve at meetings.

Who remembers the days, when the resident GL was the Swiss Army Knife of the Earth?? Since, his ring can do anything...

Guess what GL fans?!! Whatever your favorite character can do, Superman can probably do better!! And with less effort to boot!!

But in all seriousness. Why didn't he get Orion, or Darkseid, or somebody with actual experience in dealing with the space time continum?? Do those characters even serve a purpose anymore? Or than to compare, poorly probably to Superman?? And Batman?

Acrosurge
It's not but it's a dark day for Superman haters. weep And for Surfer haters, if I might add to Avalonofthewind's earlier post.

In the end -in an arena battle- I'd still vote for Surfer over Superman. Just like I see upgraded Norrin taking 9/10 over Lobo. Norrin's just too strong, too fast, too durable, and packing too much versatility (like the kind he displayed against Ravenous in Anni: SS#4, not to mention the vintage beating he put on Lunatik).

Soljer
I'm going to go with the well polished Surfer of the cosmos.

Avalonofthewind

That's news to me...I thought that role was for Ion...

I think this fight can go either way. SS isn't really any faster than Lobo, there aren't any real weaknesses to exploit, and it's hard to BFR characters who travel the universe for fun.

Accel
Surfer could just drop a black hole on Lobo and be done with it.

Validus
That's news to me...I thought that role was for Ion...

That's what it says in Kyle's book. I don't get the feeling theres a lot of unity in DC editorial.

Avalonofthewind
Surfer could just drop a black hole on Lobo and be done with it.

How do you just "drop a black hole" in a battle? That would leave Surfer way open to be attacked.

Accel
How do you just "drop a black hole" in a battle? That would leave Surfer way open to be attacked.
Like this:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7378/annihilationsilversurfer10189g.th.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6619/annihilationsilversurfer10196y.th.jpg

Avalonofthewind
Like this:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7378/annihilationsilversurfer10189g.th.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6619/annihilationsilversurfer10196y.th.jpg

I know SS can create black holes... but to use them in battle against another effectively?

Lobo would knock him senseless while he tried to pull that off.

complexbrother
Surfer could just send him to the phantom zone or in the marvel U, limbo.

Accel
I know SS can create black holes... but to use them in battle against another effectively?

Lobo would knock him senseless while he tried to pull that off.
It's not hard to for some one who can fly to avoid someone who's grounded. He doesn't have to be right next to Lobo to pull this off.

UniOmni
You read that too?? I guess Magneto is more powerful than the guy you just named, since what Superman did with the static electricity, he could do with a blink..........God, that mutie hate has to burn in ya bellies right now?!!!

Or more disturbing, is the fact that, buying into G.Morrisons supercockstroking, a room full of 4th graders that just discovered the joys of rubbing their feet on the ground, could also temporarily seal rifts in space and time??.........DC and the juices they serve at meetings.

Who remembers the days, when the resident GL was the Swiss Army Knife of the Earth?? Since, his ring can do anything...

Guess what GL fans?!! Whatever your favorite character can do, Superman can probably do better!! And with less effort to boot!!

But in all seriousness. Why didn't he get Orion, or Darkseid, or somebody with actual experience in dealing with the space time continum?? Do those characters even serve a purpose anymore? Or than to compare, poorly probably to Superman?? And Batman?

UniOmni
Originally posted by UniOmni

Validus
Looks like Uni went nuts. baka

UniOmni
Cockstroke writing does that to me....And before anybody claims i wouldn't have a problem if Thor or Surfer did so, i'd say you are right. I wouldn't be adverse to it if either of them were shown to be able to do so.
And no, its not due to a Marvel bias.
Thor has Mjnollir, which is a plot device in itself.
Surfer has the PC, which is another plot device in itself.
I can accept tears in reality being fixed by another plot device. Like a GL ring or a Motherbox.

Superman rubbed his hands together.....Rubbed his hands together, i must repeat. And temporarily sealed a hole in space and time.
If Magneto was shown doing so, people would call bloody murder, and stupid Marvel powering up its damn mutants. No matter that Marvel has for years subscribed to the Unfied Field theory.

HV sealing tears in reality, and now simply rubbing his hands together at the dinner table, in anticipation of Ma's cooking can destroy the world.

Yep, a real Swiss Army knife of a character ya got there DC.

And how can someone who wields the most powerful weapon in the universe, NOT be considered one of the most powerful?

Validus
Because the ring prevents them for properly rubbing their hands together?

UniOmni
Apparently.

Skeets
Originally posted by UniOmni

hysterical2 thumb upOriginally posted by UniOmni
Cockstroke writing does that to me....And before anybody claims i wouldn't have a problem if Thor or Surfer did so, i'd say you are right. I wouldn't be adverse to it if either of them were shown to be able to do so.
And no, its not due to a Marvel bias.
Thor has Mjnollir, which is a plot device in itself.
Surfer has the PC, which is another plot device in itself.
I can accept tears in reality being fixed by another plot device. Like a GL ring or a Motherbox.

Superman rubbed his hands together.....Rubbed his hands together, i must repeat. And temporarily sealed a hole in space and time.
If Magneto was shown doing so, people would call bloody murder, and stupid Marvel powering up its damn mutants. No matter that Marvel has for years subscribed to the Unfied Field theory.

HV sealing tears in reality, and now simply rubbing his hands together at the dinner table, in anticipation of Ma's cooking can destroy the world.

Yep, a real Swiss Army knife of a character ya got there DC.

And how can someone who wields the most powerful weapon in the universe, NOT be considered one of the most powerful?
hysterical2thumb up WOW!!!

bbrem123
have u seen the surfer lately...he wins hands down

Acrosurge

Lobo would knock him senseless while he tried to pull that off. Surfer is one of the fastest, and most manueverable characters in the MU. He doesn't need to stand still to use his Power Cosmic. If this fight was Superman (instead of Surfer) vs Hulk (instead of Lobo) I'm sure you wouldn't be arguing that Hulk would beat the snot out of Supes if Clark opted for a distance attack. It's just plan ridiculous, then, to say that Lobo would physically dominate Surfer if Norrin pulls out some PC attacks from a distance.

bbrem123
the surfer can make a black hole in an instant...all he has to do is to create an energy discharge

Avalonofthewind
It's not hard to for some one who can fly to avoid someone who's grounded. He doesn't have to be right next to Lobo to pull this off.

Lobo can call his bike or use tech to get off world.

Rols
Whats strength feat Lobo has demonstrated on a comic Panel? Superman manage to go H2H against him, his nowhere allstar or SB prime strenght level, SS has manage to go up against quite strong Char.
Ie. Morg, Hulk, Drax, Thanos, etc. Its not like Lobo can just flick him around, everytime SS is near, as far as my assesment on SS he can probably go H2H against Lobo. and this previous SS, not recent upgrade one.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Rols
Whats strength feat Lobo has demonstrated on a comic Panel? Superman manage to go H2H against him, his nowhere allstar or SB prime strenght level, SS has manage to go up against quite strong Char.
Ie. Morg, Hulk, Drax, Thanos, etc. Its not like Lobo can just flick him around, everytime SS is near, as far as my assesment on SS he can probably go H2H against Lobo. and this previous SS, not recent upgrade one.

The Superman he fought casually tossed a moon sized ship going FTL out of the solar system. I'd say that's pretty damn strong if Lobo didn't have his head knocked off with a punch.

Rols
Still weve got SS Blasting the size of a planet or a moon from the deviant storyline and the guy that was blasted supposedly have the power of a celestial not full but close and he was pretty scared by that blast. Lobo being blasted by that blast would surely have some effect against him and SS could just open a black hole after a blast like that.

Here's the image

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rroldz/detail?.dir=79d8scd&.dnm=82adscd.jpg&.src=ph

Accel
Lobo can call his bike or use tech to get off world.
Surfer would just destroy them any way. In the end, Surfer is just far too versatile for someone like Lobo.

Mider
not classic lobo but we're not talking about classic lobo are we?

kgkg
not classic lobo but we're not talking about classic lobo are we? and what can classic lobo do the SS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.