Could Sion have possibly replicated Sidious' Force Storm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GM Nebaris
Before you post, make sure that you read this:

The Book Of Anger

"Emperor Palpatine's first volume deals with the use of emotion to control the Force. He considers anger to be the most potent emotional form. With anger, the Sith can call upon the dark side, harnessing it for great power and destruction. Palpatine teaches that anger and rage, mixed with intelligent control, call upon the dark side with a very fine level of control, and can even kill from a great distance.

An excerpt, on the creation of Force Storms:

I have learned that Anger and Will, joined together, are the greatest power.
I have learned to meditate upon Anger and Will with clarity and precision, and I have learned to open the hidden reservoirs of dark side power.

Anger concentrated by Will in the vital center of the body creates a portal through which vast energies are released -- the energies of the dark side of the Force.

Standing watch with the mind, in my meditation of Anger, I have slain my enemies from great distances, through the dark side power that permeates the galaxy. I have created lightning, and unleashed its destructive fire.

Using this knowledge, I can unleash the dark side energies that are all around us, even to shatter the fabric of space itself. In this way, I have created storms."

This is of course Sidious referring to his famous force storms. Notice how he mentions that the two requirements in making force storms is anger and a strong will.

Now think about Sion. It seems that he possesses these two requirements, only on a much greater scale then sidious. Through the power of hatred embodied by the dark side and sheer force of will, he was able to keep his body together, even though he was in constant pain and should have been dead. In other words, his willpower was strong enough to keep him alive even though he should have been dead. I don't know what you think but that suggests an incredibly strong willpower to me.

Secondly, his hatred ran very deep. He completely despised the jedi order and unlike most sith, he didn't care for power. His only goal was the destruction of the jedi which suggests to me that he had quite a lot of anger stored up inside of him, more than Palpatine imo.

So so far, it seems (to me at least) that Sion possessed the two things that one of Palpatine's famous force storms required, except only on a much greater scale; his willpower was so strong that he was able to physically hold his body together and stop himself from dying; his hatred ran so deep that he was constantly on edge and would stop at nothing but the complete destruction of the jedi order.

Anyway here's my question. Do you think that if Sion possessed the knowledge of how to produce these force storms, do you think he would have the ability to produce a force storm even more devastating then Palpatine's?

jollyjim311
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
"Anger and rage, mixed with intelligent control."

"Anger and Will with clarity and precision."

Do you think that if Sion possessed the knowledge of how to produce these force storms, do you think he would have the ability to produce a force storm even more devastating then Palpatine's?

No.

Archangelysses
So succintly put Jolly

Blue_Hefner
I doubt Sion could, but someone extremely powerful with the force could.

GM Nebaris
But the book of anger seems to say that the only thing needed is anger and willpower, and Sion ticks both of these boxes. Not so much strength in the force, which Sion has anyway imo.

Blue_Hefner
There's probably more to it than that. I hardly think Sidious would want someone walking around becoming as powerful as he is.

Escape81
But the book of anger seems to say that the only thing needed is anger and willpower, and Sion ticks both of these boxes. Not so much strength in the force, which Sion has anyway imo.

Like I told you before. Palpatine has exhibited and displayed far more destructive and greater Force powers than Sion. If he had the ability to create these Force Storms, than he would have done so.

GM Nebaris
You seriously do lack good reading comprehension my friend. I was speculating that with the right knowledge, Sion easily has the ability to produce force storms with more devastating power then Sidious. Why is that so hard to believe?He possesses the two requirements that sidious states in his 'Book of Anger' are needed to produce these force storms, but to a frightening degree. However, he seriously didn't have the right knowledge and never learnt the technique...

Great Vengeance
As far as we know, only Palpatine was capable of producing force storms.

GM Nebaris
However, do you agree with my reasoning that if Sion learnt the secret and the knowledge behind them, he would have been able to produce more devastating ones.

DE Luke
No,Sion is not as powerful as Palpatine nor does he have the patience to learn the Force Storm technique,Palpatine is stated to be the most powerful DLotS in all of history,not Sion.And I highly doubt Sion could harness,find and control what Palpatine used/did.

Great Vengeance
However, do you agree with my reasoning that if Sion learnt the secret and the knowledge behind them, he would have been able to produce more devastating ones.

There is not proper evidence to back up such a claim.

GM Nebaris
I think you guys seem to be ignoring the original post. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that if Sion learnt the secrets in how to create force storms, his would be more devastating then Palpatine's as he seems to possess the very things that palpatine says are requirements for making for storms in his Book Of Anger, except to a much higher degree then Palpatine.

DE Luke
Not really,DE States Palpatine being, literally, an embument of hate and anger,and read my post.

GM Nebaris
I did read your post.

Great Vengeance
I think you guys seem to be ignoring the original post. There is plenty of evidence to suggest that if Sion learnt the secrets in how to create force storms, his would be more devastating then Palpatine's as he seems to possess the very things that palpatine says are requirements for making for storms in his Book Of Anger, except to a much higher degree then Palpatine.

Well firstly prove that Sion has a stonger will than Palpatine(I doubt it). Remember that Palpatine has a will so strong that he doesnt even need a body to survive.

Then you would have to consider that Sion has nowhere near the force mastery of Palpatine, and I would consider that to be a vital element in creating force storms.

Escape81
I'll ignore the insult to my intelligence and ask you to take into consideration that you have yet to provide proof in any argument you've been involved in.

Once again, I must remind you that your speculation has no bearing on a versus match. Meaning that if you plan on using this in a versus argument, I would strongly advise that you reconsider.

Because he hasn't exhibited anything near the Force power that Sidious has possessed.

I'm glad that you acknowledge that. Meaning he never had the ability to do so.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Well firstly prove that Sion has a stonger will than Palpatine(I doubt it). Remember that Palpatine has a will so strong that he doesnt even need a body to survive.

His will was so strong that he was able to hold his entire body together (when he should have died age ago) and thus become physically invincible. I'm pretty sure that palpatine's will is not tha strong.

Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Then you would have to consider that Sion has nowhere near the force mastery of Palpatine, and I would consider that to be a vital element in creating force storms.

You consider it? I'm sorry, but Palpatine's Book of Anger begs to differ.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Escape81
Because he hasn't exhibited anything near the Force power that Sidious has possessed.

Well you see, your argument falls apart when Palpatine's Book of Anger confirms that force mastery plays no part in creating force storms.

Escape81
There's also intelligent control.

And believe you me, Sion isn't any where on par with Sidious in terms of intelligence or control.

GM Nebaris
Intelligence? Where does it say that? I read 'intelligent control', not 'intelligence' and 'control'. And having a strong will and good control go hand in hand.

Escape81
Intelligence? Where does it say that? I read 'intelligent control', not 'intelligence' and 'control'. And having a strong will and good control go hand in hand.

No, not necessarily.

One could argue that Anakin had a powerful "will". But poor control.

GM Nebaris
Anakin had a strong will? Since when?

zephiel7
Escape, you're okay, but you have to agree Anakin fell to the darkside faster than a fat man with a rocket attached to him being shot down a hundred story building.

Strong will my ass.

DE Luke
Originally posted by zephiel7
Escape, you're okay, but you have to agree Anakin fell to the darkside faster than a fat man with a rocket attached to him being shot down a hundred story building.

Strong will my ass. Uh,ya' think it was because he was trying to save Padme,and thought he needed Palpatine to do it?He has a strong will,but in his case with Padme,she's his WEAKNESS(and also his strengh and inspiration).

Archangelysses
I agree with Escape and DE Luke

Anakin definately had a strong will, but like all heroes had an achilles heel. Padme. threaten her and viola, you have control of anakin.

Of course threaten her the wrong way and your deader than the dodo bird before you know it.

Preferably keep her in between Bandit Boy and yourself

GM Nebaris
bump

Decay
i think he may be able to replicate it to a degree if he had the knowlege and practiced, but he couldnt replicate the power and scale of sidious.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Decay
i think he may be able to replicate it to a degree if he had the knowlege and practiced, but he couldnt replicate the power and scale of sidious.

Why though? The Book of Anger makes it clear that not force mastery, but anger and willpower effect how devastating the force storm is. Sion probably had the strongest willpower in the whole history of SW, and his anger seemed to trump Sidious' imo.

Lightsnake
Dude, the thing is: Anger and willpower ARE the Dark Side...you need power to create a force storm, that goes without saying. From the Book of Anger:
"Using this knowledge, I can unleash the dark side energies that are all around us, even to shatter the fabric of space itself. In this way, I have created storms."

GM Nebaris
The thing that I'm trying to say is that strength in the force doesn't seem to be a factor whatsoever.

Lightsnake
Which is unfortunately blatantly false as the force Storm is said to be possibly the strongest force technique

GM Nebaris
But the Book of Anger clearly states every requirement, and strength in the force is not one of them....

Captain REX
I really don't get the point of this debate. Sion was never shown using Force Storm, and therefore assumed that he cannot perform it. That's just how these things work.

peterwiggin714
keep in mind that in the game and the movies/books the force is a very different thing. No one in any book i've read has been able to use force crush, but the dark exile could. It's the same thing with force storm. Both Revan and the exile could harness a force storm, but it took years of work and study by the greatest sith lord the galaxy had ever seen to learn this power. Its like comparing apples and oranges

Escape81
Originally posted by peterwiggin714
keep in mind that in the game and the movies/books the force is a very different thing. No one in any book i've read has been able to use force crush, but the dark exile could. It's the same thing with force storm. Both Revan and the exile could harness a force storm, but it took years of work and study by the greatest sith lord the galaxy had ever seen to learn this power. Its like comparing apples and oranges

Sidious's Force Storm is different than Revan's...

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by peterwiggin714
keep in mind that in the game and the movies/books the force is a very different thing. No one in any book i've read has been able to use force crush, but the dark exile could. It's the same thing with force storm. Both Revan and the exile could harness a force storm, but it took years of work and study by the greatest sith lord the galaxy had ever seen to learn this power. Its like comparing apples and oranges Peter, let's set this all straight..: Revan's Force Storm is him harnessing Force Lightning and lifting his hand(s) upwards and shooting out the energy within a specific range. Palpatine's Force Storm is him harnessing his anger, will, and power and tearing asunder the fabrics of reality and creating "storms" which can tear apart entire fleets.

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
Palpatine's Force Storm is him harnessing his anger, will, and power and tearing asunder the fabrics of reality and creating "storms" which can tear apart entire fleets.

WRONG!!!
No harnessing of power involved. Just will and anger.

DE Luke
Originally posted by Captain REX
I really don't get the point of this debate. Sion was never shown using Force Storm, and therefore assumed that he cannot perform it. That's just how these things work.

Darth Sexy
WRONG!!!
No harnessing of power involved. Just will and anger.

uh just will and anger created his devastating force storm, and no power? That makes SO much sense

GM Nebaris
Read the first post dumbass.

Darth Sexy
Why? You get enough ridicule, you want some more?

GM Nebaris
Please don't post in my thread td. Unless you want to provide a valid argument, GTFO. Oh wait, that's right, I forgot. You're not original. This is a brand new topic, and thus there are no arguments for you to copy.

Darth Sexy
Considering the fact that I don't copy arguments and that you've been ridiculed in your own thread which you call an 'argument', I guess my post stands..

GM Nebaris
Well you seem to be copying all of td's arguments (unless you really are him) who in turn copied all of his arguments off of the antediluvians.

Darth Sexy
Considering the fact that I haven't read any of 'tds' arguments, I fail to see how I'm copying him or anybody.. But I forgot, in your world 2-3 people CANNOT have the same argument. Silly me!

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Considering the fact that I haven't read any of 'tds' arguments, I fail to see how I'm copying him or anybody.. But I forgot, in your world 2-3 people CANNOT have the same argument. Silly me!

No, that can happen. However not with dumbass arguments like Nihilus can eat force attacks.

Motoko Sama
No, that can happen. However not with dumbass arguments like Nihilus can eat force attacks.

Uh, in Sexy's defense, there's been several - like a hell of a more than just three - that think Nihilus can consume Force attacks. Check out this this thread. And no doubt there's more than that.

GM Nebaris
Just Avis in that thread Mokoto.

Motoko Sama
The point was: more than one person share that supposed "dumbass opinion". There's several others too, as I've pointed out, and from the two Nihilus threads I've bothered to look at the list is:

1.) tdtd.
2.) Darth Sexy.
3.) Avis.
4.) kamikz ("Also, Nihilus just sucks the force out of her, even if she pulls a force attack of it will be drained by Nihilus."wink.
5.) truejedi ("yes, maybe he eats the force, but he isn't that powerful" - agreeing with a point Avis made about Nihilus absorbing attacks).

But whatever, I could care less really. Nihilus (or KOTOR for that matter) isn't my forte of debating.

GM Nebaris
Well I was kind of exaggerating. I still think it's a stupid idea.

Darth Sexy
Thank you Sama. At least one person has common sense here.

Decay
i dont think sion has more anger and control, he just exercises his will in a different more overt way. you have you remember how much sidious hate the jedi, and how many times he has to sit with them face to face pretending to value their opinion, and need their help. i dont think any other sith could have had the control to do that for decades. and his anger, like his power was all controlled for the greater purpose.

peterwiggin714
but wasn't sion's entire purpose to destroy the remains of the jedi? he lets kreia live even though he knows that she was a jedi. He even calls her master and the entire reason she's alive is to annihilate the jedi teachings

GM Nebaris
Hey Decay, I give you props for that post man. So far, he has been the only person to actually read through my first post and directly answer my question. Everyone else has simply stated that Sidious has more raw power, therefor no.

Great Vengeance
Well, Nebaris, the fact is that Sion has never used a force storm, so we cant assume he would be able to do it in a combat situation.

What you have been arguing, appears to be, 'Sion could of possibly had the *potential* to use force storms'. I wont deny the possibility, but that statement has no real use in a debate because it is unverifiable...sort of like speculating that Anakin at full potential could defeat any opponent.

GM Nebaris
Not so much the potential, but the capabilities to do so given he had the right knowledge.

Great Vengeance
Not so much the potential, but the capabilities to do so given he had the right knowledge.

In other words....potential. However if I used your logic, then the book of anger says nothing about knowledge. According to your logic he should of been able to do it in KOTOR, only he never does. Which leads me to believe he cannot.

You should drop your argument, all you are arguing is a remote possibility that is not backed by any evidence other than your completely literal interpretation of the book of anger.

GM Nebaris
What are you talking about? There is a difference between having the potential to do something, and having the capabilities. And obviously knowledge is a requirement. Why do you thing Palpatine continuously states 'I have learnt', as in it was something with which knowledge was needed to be learnt.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by jollyjim311
No.

I agree.

GM Nebaris
That was really great input there Arbiter. thumb up thumb up thumb up

Spartan ll
This thread is based on nothing but an unsupported assumption and misread text.

Nebaris,you claime that Sion should know Force Storm,well if he did,then why didn't he use it?Hello?Use common sense before making threads based on an unsupported assumption.

And last time I checked,SIDIOUS was the one who made the technique,thats what the text in The Book of Anger says,doesn't it?It would require more than hate and anger to create a force power of this magnitude.You(Nebaris) saying Sion could do it with just his hate and anger,no power included,is like saying Han Solo could do it if he was angry and hateful.

I may not like Sexy,but atleast he has a point and evidence to work with.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Spartan ll
Nebaris,you claime that Sion should know Force Storm,well if he did,then why didn't he use it?Hello?Use common sense before making threads based on an unsupported assumption.

While I don't agree whatsoever with GM's reasonings, or ridiculous theory - he never said Sion should know or does know it, he was originally asking this:

Anyway here's my question. Do you think that if Sion possessed the knowledge of how to produce these force storms, do you think he would have the ability to produce a force storm even more devastating then Palpatine's?

Keyword in bold. He was only asking if Sion had the knowledge of how to produce the the storm, could he do it to the degree Sidious had?

The answer is "No", of course, but I'm just saying you must've misinterpretated what he was saying for you to make that first statement.

Spartan ll
Very well,my apologies.But that still doesn't change the fact that Sion can't nor ever will,be able to make a Force Storm to the degree that Sidious did in DE.

Motoko Sama
Very well,my apologies.But that still doesn't change the fact that Sion can't nor ever will,be able to make a Force Storm to the degree that Sidious did in DE.

Of course not. Your comparison of Han Solo using it is a little off, lol. Han is not even a Force user. You could say, though, that Sylvar (pre-Redemption) is able to create a Force storm then? She certainly has anger, she has a strong will (as described by the omniscient narrator), so she should be able to produce Force storms? Hell no.

If all it required was anger and will, then she should, in theory, be able to use it. That's quite ridiculous, she cannot use it to even close the degree Palpatine could, nor at all. Maybe a spark or two, nothing less.

GM Nebaris
Whatever, why did you even revive this Luke? Decay said it best, anyway.

Spartan ll
To prove a point.And it wasn't even dead to begin with,it was still on the front of this forum page.

@Motoko:No,Nebaris just said hate and anger,nothing about Force power,thats why I used Han as an example,and I do agree with you on the Sylvar part aswell.

GM Nebaris
DE Luke, I'm really sorry but you lack serious reading comprehension skills. The Book of Anger states nothing about having strength or power in the force. The only requirements stated are a connection to the force, a strong will, deep anger, intelligent control and the knowledge to perform such a feat. Sorry, nothing about strength in the force mentioned. You have failed to 'prove a point', and please leave it to the actual capable debaters such as Nai and Mokoto and quit embarrassing yourself.

Spartan ll
Look who's talking,n00b.You went so far as to claim that Lumiya was better than Vader or Palpatine,and had no proof to back it up(See 'The Antithesis of Ragnos Owns All' thread for more details about this)!Aswell as saying 'ZoMg!Teh R3v4n Pwn5 411!!!1one' with NO proof to back it up other than your own opinion! So why don't you just leave already,half the debaters(Including myself) can't stand you,HK69.And I wasn't the one who attacked people for no reason whatsoever unlike you,who attacked me on yuour first day here.

You base your threads and claims on nothing but unsupported assumptions.So don't presume to judge me,n00b,when you have no right to do so.

And prove to me,prove to me that to doesn't take Force Power to create a Force Storm to Sidious magnitude!We never see anyone,ANYONE,else but him use it,which leads me to believe that he was the only one who COULD use it to that degree.Even the Sith Spirits on Korriban said that Sidious COMPLETELY gave himself to the Darkside,wherein Sion,just used it to stay alive and to destroy the Jedi Order,nothing else(Ceck Official Kotor 2 site and Sion's Databank Entry for more on this)!

So don't tell ME to stop embarassing myself,when I'm not the one who IS embarrassing myself,n00b.

GM Nebaris
'And prove to me,prove to me that to doesn't take Force Power to create a Force Storm to Sidious magnitude'

Firstly, you're not making sense.
Secondly, you can read right? You see, the Book of Anger clearly states every requirement, and strength in the force is not one of them. So unlucky there, amateur.

'Look who's talking,n00b.You went so far as to claim that Lumiya was better than Vader or Palpatine,and had no proof to back it up(See 'The Antithesis of Ragnos Owns All' thread for more details about this)!'

Why are you bringing old stuff up? Stick to the debate at hand, or STFU and GTFO.

'So why don't you just leave already,half the debaters(Including myself) can't stand you,HK69.'

Firstly, I didn't realise that there were only eight debaters here, because the only people who 'can't stand' me are Escape81, Mokoto Sama, Sabo and you. Now lets see how many people dislike you. I can think of Pyro Tyranus, Rampant Ox, Jam, me, HK, Depwnzers and many more, believe me.

Secondly, I'm not HK69.

'And I wasn't the one who attacked people for no reason whatsoever'.

When did I do this? So far, you are the only person who has done that (many times might I add), and the funny thing is you've actually showed how much of an idiot you are at the same time. I mean bumping a thread just so you could get in an argument with me, and then showing jusy how illogical and stupid you are. Not to mention your reading comprehension skills suck.

'You base your threads and claims on nothing but unsupported assumptions.So don't presume to judge me,n00b,when you have no right to do so.'

Dude, I wouldn't usually judge you, but you were the one who initiated this flame war, so I now think I have every right to do so. I also think it's hilarious by the way that you rate yourself on Lightsnake's level in debating, but lack his patience. I think you'll find that nobody agrees Luke, so quit bigging yourself up when noone else will. thumb up

Archangelysses
The Book of Anger states nothing about having strength or power in the force. The only requirements stated are a connection to the force, a strong will, deep anger, intelligent control and the knowledge to perform such a feat. Sorry, nothing about strength in the force mentioned.

Not to put such a fine point on it but it by using the argument that it states nothing about strength or power in the force, when the first condition is a connection to the force. This could be taken as ambiguous as every living thing has a connection to the force. However, to be able to manipulate the force you need to have strength/power in the force.

wink

Archangelysses
hey I learnt to do those quotey thingies wooohooo

GM Nebaris
Originally posted by Archangelysses
Not to put such a fine point on it but it by using the argument that it states nothing about strength or power in the force, when the first condition is a connection to the force. This could be taken as ambiguous as every living thing has a connection to the force. However, to be able to manipulate the force you need to have strength/power in the force.

wink

Well the book makes it clear that sensitivity to the force is required - 'Emperor Palpatine's first volume deals with the use of emotion to control the Force.' However, it is clear that raw force power is not a requirement, and seemingly not a factor. The book makes it clear that the nature of the force storm is much different than other attacks, as it is fueled by emotion and not raw force strength.

hey I learnt to do those quotey thingies wooohooo

lol

Spartan ll
'And prove to me,prove to me that to doesn't take Force Power to create a Force Storm to Sidious magnitude.'

Firstly, you're not making sense.
Secondly, you can read right? You see, the Book of Anger clearly states every requirement, and strength in the force is not one of them. So unlucky there, amateur.YOU are the one that's not making sense,you haven't provided ANYONE,besides Palpatine,who used Force Storm to the degree that Palpatine did.Until I see proof of that,you're full of shit.

Excuse me?YOU were the one who brought up the 'Who's the Best Debaters' subject,congradulations on contradicting yourself,n00b.

Rampant Ox has never stated he doesn't like me,don't lie.And Depwnzors doesn't like me because I proved him wrong in 'Traya Vs Sidious' thread,he's been holding that grudge for awhile.Pyro Tyranus is the same as Depwnzors,except it was Dooku instaed of Traya.HK69 is a n00b,not a lot of people like him either.

I asked REX to do a sock check on you,he said your IP matches that of HK69's,nice try.

LOL!Atleast I'm not hated by everybody because I make unsupported assumptions and claim everyone's wrong.And yes,HK69,you DID attack me.I have witnesses to it aswell.Again,congradulations on contradicting yourself,n00b.

No,I didn't.YOU were the one who brought up the 'Best Debaters' list,thus initiating an all out flame war,and claimed I was the worst.Funny,considering half of those debaters don't even debate and the other half can't stand you.Then you procide to tell people 'Oh Revan will win.' and when they contradict you,you pull up the 'Best Debaters IYO' list,and state than they aren't on it,and start flame wars.

Again,congradulations on contradicting yourself,n00b.

I'll be away from away from my computer for awhile,so IF you post on this matter again,I'll check it tonight and have a reffutal ready.

GM Nebaris
'YOU are the one that's not making sense,you haven't provided ANYONE,besides Palpatine,who used Force Storm to the degree that Palpatine did'

Again, you are not making sense. Do you not even know how to formulate a proper sentence?

'Rampant Ox has never stated he doesn't like me,don't lie.And Depwnzors doesn't like me because I owned.

Archangelysses
so whats the debate gonna be about

I got beer and pizza on stand by for this

Archangelysses
Tonight LIVE ON THE NET

GM Nebaris vs SPARTAN II ding ding

In a impressive opening statement, Spartan fires an impressively worded broadside at Nebaris. Amazingly, Nebaris ducks under the opening swing and retaliates with a fast uppercut of literary merit.

.............And the crowd waits to see what comes next

Escape81
Nebaris, Spartan can at least back up what he says.

By the way: Spartan's hated by fanboys. Pyro Tyrannus, yourself, and Rampant Ox are all fanboys. So let's be honest. Who cares what you all think?

GM Nebaris
Ok, prepare a debate with no Revan, Tulak Hord, Mace Windu or anybody like that, and I'd destroy him.

Spartan ll
Originally posted by GM Nebaris Nice trying to hide away from the argument.Why don't you try answering it this time instead of evading the question.

Huh?I don't think so.Here's the people that dislike YOU:Escape 81,Motoko Sama,Lightsnake,Darth Sexy,Veneificusand 1.People who 'hate' me(Only because I proved them wrong in a debate and they're being n00bs about it):You,Depwnzors,Pyro Tyranus.Contradicting yourself again,I see.

First,don't call me a n00b when I'm not the one acting like it.Second,REX is on a trip,he said he'd send in a Ban Request when he got back.

LOL!You couldn't own anyone,I think what you meant to say was 'But believe me,I will get owned',considering everyone in this forum just about OWNed you.

And I AM debating.YOU are evading from answering the question because you don't have an answer.And I actually have solid PROOF to my claim.

Archangelysses
hmmmm

judging by the time delay in the posts, does this mean that Nebaris is no longer ignoring Escape

TELL ME IT ISN'T SO

Sorry, 4am in the morning, long night, not enough coffee, and cold brain.

LOL

GM Nebaris
'Huh?I don't think so.Here's the people that dislike YOU:Escape 81,Motoko Sama,Lightsnake,Darth Sexy,Veneificusand 1.People who 'hate' me(Only because I proved them wrong in a debate and they're being n00bs about it):You,Depwnzors,Pyro Tyranus.Contradicting yourself again,I see.'

The thing is, a few people are slightly irritated by me because I occasionally act like a troll and sometimes deliberately piss people like Escape off by acting like a fanboy because I understand how annoying they find it. You on the other hand are hated by many members because of your attitude: you are cocky when you have no reason to be, you act as if you are one of the top dogs of the forum without ever earning the title and your posts are overly aggressive without any traces of charm or humour.

'Second,REX is on a trip,he said he'd send in a Ban Request when he got back.'

Me and Rex already talked about it via pm, dumbass. It's been dealt with.

Archangelysses
Is that last directed towards myself GM

GM Nebaris
It's all directed at Spartan dude.

Archangelysses
Kewl, sorry sleep deprivation. Usually the best time to attack an enemy base. Human alertness is at its worst between 0300 - 0500. something to do with biorythm or something like that, but back to the point

Reading the who likes who is interesting for the following

'Huh?I don't think so.Here's the people that dislike YOU:Escape 81,Motoko Sama,Lightsnake,Darth Sexy,Veneificusand A list of people that most say are the better debators as the research and provide factual evidence with their theory and then we have 1.People who 'hate' me(Only because I proved them wrong in a debate and they're being n00bs about it):You,Depwnzors,Pyro Tyranus. poeple known to chant opinion over fact with the always brilliant logic of

cause I said so

My parents used to say that and I still never listened until they gave factual reasons LOL

Archangelysses
damn it

after finally figuring out the quote thingiey I gone and fudded it

Spartan ll
'Huh?I don't think so.Here's the people that dislike YOU:Escape 81,Motoko Sama,Lightsnake,Darth Sexy,Veneificusand 1.People who 'hate' me(Only because I proved them wrong in a debate and they're being n00bs about it):You,Depwnzors,Pyro Tyranus.Contradicting yourself again,I see.'

The thing is, a few people are slightly irritated by me because I occasionally act like a troll and sometimes deliberately piss people like Escape off by acting like a fanboy because I understand how annoying they find it. You on the other hand are hated by many members because of your attitude: you are cocky when you have no reason to be, you act as if you are one of the top dogs of the forum without ever earning the title and your posts are overly aggressive without any traces of charm or humour. Again,I am only hated by three,and thats because they lost some debates against me and are holding it as a grudge.And so now I'm supposed to go to you on how to post?Last time I checked,you weren't a mod and I'm allowed to post however I want,n00b.You still haven't given me proof to the question I asked.And you claim to be trolling in debates yet presume to judge people as to who the best debaters are and no know nothing about debating in the first place.Contradicting yourself again,I see.

Give me some quotes that you talked to him(I still have my PMs to him about you being a sock) and get him to post in this topic and confirm your claim about you both talking,then I'll believe you,but until then,your full of shit,dumbass.

GM Nebaris
'And you claim to be trolling in debates yet presume to judge people as to who the best debaters are and no know nothing about debating in the first place.Contradicting yourself again,I see.'

Please explain how I contradicted myself. And please try to make more sense. However, I wouldn't expect anything more from one as simple minded as you are.

'Give me some quotes that you talked to him(I still have my PMs to him about you being a sock) and get him to post in this topic and confirm your claim about you both talking,then I'll believe you,but until then,your full of shit,dumbass.'

It's none of your business. Why would I share my pms with you. Isn't that against the rules? Just pm him yourself.

GM Nebaris
'Again,I am only hated by three,and thats because they lost some debates against me and are holding it as a grudge.'

I already explained why you're hated Luke, and believe me, you're hated by way more than 3.

'You still haven't given me proof to the question I asked'

And what question would that be?

Spartan ll
'And you claim to be trolling in debates yet presume to judge people as to who the best debaters are and no know nothing about debating in the first place.Contradicting yourself again,I see.'

Please explain how I contradicted myself. And please try to make more sense. However, I wouldn't expect anything more from one as simple minded as you are. Easy,You claim you troll and don't debate,yet presume to judge people in the debating department,when you yourself don't debate at all.You contradicted yourself,if you can't see this,then YOU are clearly the simpleminded one,it's not my fault that you're too stupid to understand this.Still waiting for some solid proof to my question.

No,it isn't against the rules.And why so personal all of a sudden?Hiding something?

I'll PM him anyways.

Archangelysses
After re-reading the original question in entirety I would have to say no.

That is only because of the fact that Sion survived due to his hatred and his will. I believe that he would be unable to focus that hatred and will with such control to create the storm, without dying himself.

To put plainly, by trying to double task the thing that keeps him alive to activate something else he crashes the system.

However, if he was whole to begin with and had access to Palp's library, then pretty bloody likely he could have

Spartan ll
'Again,I am only hated by three,and thats because they lost some debates against me and are holding it as a grudge.'

I already explained why you're hated Luke, and believe me, you're hated by way more than 3.Who else then?Give me some names.I could really care less anyway.

GM Nebaris
'Easy,You claim you troll and don't debate,yet presume to judge people in the debating department,when you yourself don't debate at all.You contradicted yourself,if you can't see this,then YOU are clearly the simpleminded one,it's not my fault that you're too stupid to understand this.Still waiting for some solid proof to my question.'

You're so dumb.

Firstly, I only occasionally troll but that's neither here nor there. Even if I trolled non stop, I would still not have been contreadicting myself because you don't have to debate frequently (or even be good a it) to judge how good a debater someone is. You're dumb if you don't realise this. Just pm Traya or Ush if you're still too dumb to realise.

GM Nebaris
'And prove to me,prove to me that to doesn't take Force Power to create a Force Storm to Sidious magnitude!We never see anyone,ANYONE,else but him use it,which leads me to believe that he was the only one who COULD use it to that degree.'

I really couldn't make too much sense out of this anyway, but I think I can gather what you're asking. All I can say is that the Book of Anger clearly states that raw force power is not a factor in creating force storms - 'the use of emotion to control the Force'.

GM Nebaris
'Who else then?Give me some names.I could really care less anyway.'

Me, HK, Jam, Pyro, rampant, Fox, Legion of Maul, Vious, Numan, many of the antediluvians, Kent, Depwnzers, Medvock, the Balance etc.

Spartan ll
'Easy,You claim you troll and don't debate,yet presume to judge people in the debating department,when you yourself don't debate at all.You contradicted yourself,if you can't see this,then YOU are clearly the simpleminded one,it's not my fault that you're too stupid to understand this.Still waiting for some solid proof to my question.'

You're so dumb.

Firstly, I only occasionally troll but that's neither here nor there. Even if I trolled non stop, I would still not have been contreadicting myself because you don't have to debate frequently (or even be good a it) to judge how good a debater someone is. You're dumb if you don't realise this. Just pm Traya or Ush if you're still too dumb to realise. One problem,dumbass,Traya and Ush DO DEBATE!Ush has in this forum many times,and traya has in the Versus forum aswell.

And yes,you DO need to be a good debater to judge people,that way you know who's better than you and who isn't.The thing that seperates the people who suck and who don't is the fact that the REAL debaters provide proof,like I have done and asked for and Escape and a few others have done aswell,where the ones like you,only provide speculation and opinion,which mean shit in a debate.

Spartan ll
'Who else then?Give me some names.I could really care less anyway.'

Me, HK, Jam, Pyro, rampant, Fox, Legion of Maul, Vious, Numan, many of the antediluvians, Kent, Depwnzers, Medvock, the Balance etc. WTF?You are an idiot,half of those people haven't even CLAIMED to hate me,you stupid n00b.The Antediilluvians never hated me(Maybe Sorgo,but he never even debated,he just bullied people into agreeing with him),Balance,Medvock,Jan,Legion,Vious and Rampant haven't either,stop lying,n00b.And stop including your sock,n00b.Kent sucked aswell as Numan,nobody liked either of them.You fail,again.

GM Nebaris
'One problem,dumbass,Traya and Ush DO DEBATE!Ush has in this forum many times,and traya has in the Versus forum aswell.'

I think you missed my point. Both Ush and Traya are English professors. And again, try to make more sense. Ush in particular would be able to objectively state whether I was contradicting myself or not.

'And yes,you DO need to be a good debater to judge people,that way you know who's better than you and who isn't.'

Do you need to be a tennis pro to judge who is better out of Murray and Nadal? Dude, quit embarassing yourself.

Spartan ll
'And prove to me,prove to me that to doesn't take Force Power to create a Force Storm to Sidious magnitude!We never see anyone,ANYONE,else but him use it,which leads me to believe that he was the only one who COULD use it to that degree.'

I really couldn't make too much sense out of this anyway, but I think I can gather what you're asking. That's because you are an idiot. Sidious always states 'I' meaning himself,he doesn't say ANYONE can use the Force Storm to the degree that he did.Your point is moot aswell as this thread.

Spartan ll
'One problem,dumbass,Traya and Ush DO DEBATE!Ush has in this forum many times,and traya has in the Versus forum aswell.'

I think you missed my point. Both Ush and Traya are English professors. And again, try to make more sense. Ush in particular would be able to objectively state whether I was contradicting myself or not.Ush and Traya haven't even been on in awhile,and they wouldn't waste their time on a thread like this.Just look at the title,it's about an unsupported assumption that is as stupid as the idiot who made it.I'm only in here to laugh at you and your unsupported assumptions.

We aren't talking about Tennis,we are talking about debating.And even then,Tennis is just whacking a ball around and making sure it doesn't hit the net.Wherein debating is much more complex and it requires skill to be a good debater such as where to check your proof and to find a source that is as solid as your claim.Quit straying from the said topic.

Archangelysses

That is only because of the fact that Sion survived due to his hatred and his will. I believe that he would be unable to focus that hatred and will with such control to create the storm, without dying himself.

To put plainly, by trying to double task the thing that keeps him alive to activate something else he crashes the system.

However, if he was whole to begin with and had access to Palp's library, then pretty bloody likely he could have

Either way, it still looks like Sidious is the only one

GM Nebaris
Ush and Traya haven't even been on in awhile,and they wouldn't waste their time on a thread like this.Just look at the title,it's about an unsupported assumption that is as stupid as the idiot who made it.

We aren't talking about Tennis,we are talking about debating.And even then,Tennis is just whacking a ball around,wherein debating is more complex and it requires skill to be a good debater such as where to check your proof and to find a source that is as solid as your claim.Quit straying from the said topic.

My point was, you don't have to be an expert on a subject to be able to judge how others are in relation to that subject. Even a complete n00b like Ownage would likely be able to accurately judge who the best debaters here are.

Archangelysses
We aren't talking about Tennis,we are talking about debating.And even then,Tennis is just whacking a ball around and making sure it doesn't hit the net.Wherein debating is much more complex and it requires skill to be a good debater such as where to check your proof and to find a source that is as solid as your claim.Quit straying from the said topic.

So according to this, you actually do not require any skill to be a pro tennis player, or golfer, racing driver, motorcycle racer, aww hell, guess the olympics then are a bunch of untalented dips***s that drew straws at random

Be it debating, playing chess, racing cars, playing sport, does not matter, they are all complex situations that you either have a talent in or not.

To belittle tennis players that spend so many years practising their craft deminishes their accomplishments, and in turn, would also reflect badly on those who pursue academic areas. Logically from your one statement, you can deduce that Einstein was an idiot, Eddison was a dunce, Galileo a braindead twit etc. The list goes on.

Spartan ll
True.But I'd rather look to someone who has experience in the field of debating rather than someone who doesn't.

That's like asking someone how to fight but the person doesn't know how to fight.I would rather go to a professonal boxer or fighter and ask his take on it rather than someone who doesn't even know how to fight and hasn't in their whole life,wouldn't you?

GM Nebaris
True.But I'd rather look to someone who has experience in the field of debating rather than someone who doesn't.

That's like asking someone how to fight but the person doesn't know how to fight.I would rather go to a professonal boxer or fighter and ask his take on it rather than someone who doesn't even know how to fight and hasn't in their whole life,wouldn't you?

However, you were wrong, I wasn't contradicting myself. You have lost, so unlucky about that. laughing

Archangelysses
Could not agree with you more on that point

However, the point of this thread is in entirety moot

Sidious discovered the power, therefore Sion could not have done it.

If Sion were to have come after Sidious in the timeline, then 'Maybe'

Although my original decision still sits along the lines of the fact that his will and hate were focussed inwards on himself to keep himself together, to focus it somewhere else would have killed him. As in game, when he loses that focus, ONE DEAD SION

Spartan ll
So according to this, you actually do not require any skill to be a pro tennis player, or golfer, racing driver, motorcycle racer, aww hell, guess the olympics then are a bunch of untalented dips***s that drew straws at random

Be it debating, playing chess, racing cars, playing sport, does not matter, they are all complex situations that you either have a talent in or not.

To belittle tennis players that spend so many years practising their craft deminishes their accomplishments, and in turn, would also reflect badly on those who pursue academic areas. Logically from your one statement, you can deduce that Einstein was an idiot, Eddison was a dunce, Galileo a braindead twit etc. The list goes on.
No,I was saying Tennis is easier than debating.You don't compare the two together.Race Car driving and Math are much more complicated however.Considering in Race Car driving,you have to have the skill to control the vehicle at high speeds and know when something is wrong or not.Math requires great memory and the ability to use your mind to multiply,Subtract,Divide etc... rather than have to right in down then add it to whatever Math you're working on. wink

Spartan ll
However, you were wrong, I wasn't contradicting myself. You have lost, so unlucky about that. laughing True,but if I was the guy looking to see who is the best debator here,I'd actually ask a person who has experience in debating rather than someone who doesn't.And I haven't lost in what this subject's about all along,remember? wink Considering you haven't provided anything solid to counter my last argument about it.You won the battle(Somewhat,but still undecided),but you lost the war.

Archangelysses
Nebaris,

I take up the point of the thread you made and you don't respond to these points

YOU bring in the point of skill etc which you used tennis as the example, and when Spartan replied I questioned his diminishment of their skill.

Now you quote his response to me, which was a valid and reasonable response, and then deduce from that that he has lost, and was contradicting himself. Whereas there may be some contradiction in diminishing a physical skill as simple and a mental skill as difficult as he did in the post that drew my input into your argument (for this has gone past the point of debating and is now plainly and simply backbiting arguing), I could see the point that he was trying to make regarding judging a skill and/or learning it. A valid Point that only shows lack of thought.

THE MARK OF AN EDUCATED MIND IS THE ABILITY TO ENTERTAIN A THOUGHT/IDEA WITHOUT ACCEPTING IT

Your response did not show any attempt to entertain the thought or reason it through. It only showed a quick fire rebuttal that does not end the argument/debate one way or the other

Swirly Girl

I think you missed my point. Both Ush and Traya are English professors. And again, try to make more sense. Ush in particular would be able to objectively state whether I was contradicting myself or not.

'And yes,you DO need to be a good debater to judge people,that way you know who's better than you and who isn't.'

Do you need to be a tennis pro to judge who is better out of Murray and Nadal? Dude, quit embarassing yourself.

No, I am a History Teacher. Not an English Professor.

Sith'ari
OK. I didn't know that. However my point still isn't defeated, there's still Ush.

Swirly Girl
Ushgarak? Erm, he's not an English Professor to my knowledge. Either way, he's not the best of sources to refer to.

He's fairly biased towards movie characters and he's got a Stalin complex.

Sith'ari
Well even if he is biased, it wouldn't matter because it was solely an English language related question.

Swirly Girl
Pray tell, what was the question?

Sith'ari
Well me and Spartan were in a kind of flaming war, and I stated that he was cocky when he had no reason to be, and stated that he was an idiot for thinking he was as good a debater as Lightsnake, and that he was a bad debater.
He than stated that I was contradicting myself because I had earlier stated that I don't debate too much and don't always act seriously, and that I couldn't possibly judge others on their debating skill because I don't debate.
I replied by saying that not debating too much on here =/ not debating very much in the outside world, and that you don't have to be a good debater to judge how good others are. He just couldn't accept that he was wrong, and that I was not contradicting myself and so I told him to ask Ush (and you).
I know that it isn't so much of an English Q, however it is non SW related.

Swirly Girl
WTF? That's somewhat anal. I'm not qualified to build a car, but I can make an informed judgement on whether or not that car is bad or good, expensive, whether or not it performs adequately and et cetera.

I don't know how to build a Processor, or a Graphics Card or hell, any other computer hardware part! But I still can choose what hardware part to place in my computer, after an informed decision.

^

My two cents.

Spartan ll
Where did I say I was better than Lightsnake?Oh yeah,I didn't!You're contradicting yourself,again.I said Lightsnake was better than me because he has more patience to put up with stupid people like you.

And then you proceeded to bring up how many people hate me,you then lied and claimed others did and made a false list,to which only three(Which were included in his TRUE list of people that hated me,and I pointed out that they hated me because I beat them in debates and they were still sour about that,which is true.) TRUELY disliked me.The others never even admitted to hating me,he contradicted himself then aswell.

And then he said it doesn't take a debater to point out who's good at debating,to which I said that it DOES,a good debater knows other good debaters better than someone who has no experience in the field of debating at all.

He then proceeded to make a stupid claim that you had to have some Force Connection and be angry and hateful to make a Force Storm,to which I asked if anyone else besides Sidious use a Force Storm to Sidious' magnitude.He still hasn't replied to that question.His claim is like saying that Baby Luke(Who has a Force Connection FYI) could perform a Force Storm if he was angry and hateful,which is bullshit.

Sith'ari
Exactly.

Sith'ari
'Where did I say I was better than Lightsnake?Oh yeah,I didn't!You're contradicting yourself,again.I said Lightsnake was better than me because he has more patience to put up with stupid people like you.'

You'll notice tha I said 'as good as', and you did. You said that your debating skill was on his level.

'And then you proceeded to bring up how many people hate me,you then lied and lcaimed others did and made a false list,to which only three(Which were included in his TRUE list of people that hated me,and I pointed out that they hated me because I beat them in debates and they were still sour about that) TRUELY disliked me.The others never even admitted to hating me,he contradicted himself then aswell.'

Dude, most of those people privately hated you. The fact remains, more people hated you than they hated me.

'And then he said it doesn't take a debater to point out who's good at debating,to which I said that it DOES,a good debater knows other good debaters better than someone who has no experience in the field of debating at all.'

Do you need to be a tennis pro to judge who's a better player out of Roddick and Henman?

'He then proceeded to make a stupid claim that you had to have some Force Connection and be angry and hateful to make a Force Storm,to which I asked if anyone else besides Sidious use a Force Storm to Sidious' magnitude.He still hasn't replied to that question.'

I think you'll find that my reply is there.

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
WTF? That's somewhat anal. I'm not qualified to build a car, but I can make an informed judgement on whether or not that car is bad or good, expensive, whether or not it performs adequately and et cetera.

I don't know how to build a Processor, or a Graphics Card or hell, any other computer hardware part! But I still can choose what hardware part to place in my computer, after an informed decision.

^

My two cents.

1.Oh so you would know when it's wrong or not even when the problem isn't visible?Yeah,right....

2.Don't compare computers to debating.And is Nebaris a bearer of an informed decision when it comes to debating?No.Why?Because he doesn't even know how to debate!I'd rather ask someone with experience in the debating field on who are the Best Debators, rather than somone who doesn't wouldn't you agree?

Sith'ari
1.Oh so you would know when it's wrong or not even when the problem isn't visible?Yeah,right....

2.Don't compare computers to debating.And is Nebaris a bearer of an informed decision when it comes to debating?No.Why?Because he doesn't even know how to debate!I'd rather ask someone with experience in the debating field on who are the Best Debators, rather than somone who doesn't wouldn't you agree?

2. Let's say that I completely suck at debating and I am as bad as someone like Ownage. I would still know who the good debaters are, and who the bad ones are. And I can honestly say that you're average/bad.

And the funny thing is, I'm kicking your ass in this debate.

Archangelysses
A little rude there Spartan,

Swirly stated an informed decision. not a professional one.

Swirly Girl

Excuse me? If the problem wasn't visible and had no affect on my driving, how the **** would I know about the problem? Or anyone else, unless they took it apart? If there's a problem with my car, I'll usually be able to tell.

For the second question, I can agree somewhat. Whilst there's no shame to be found in seeking out the opinion of the more able, it doesn't necessarily take a good debator to see who is one.

I can tell that my local mechanic is a good mechanic because he fixes my car if it is damaged or impaired.

Much in the same way that someone could tell who was a good debator because of their use of pertinent points, their lack of bias and so on.

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Sith'ari
'Where did I say I was better than Lightsnake?Oh yeah,I didn't!You're contradicting yourself,again.I said Lightsnake was better than me because he has more patience to put up with stupid people like you.'

You'll notice tha I said 'as good as', and you did. You said that your debating skill was on his level.Yes I did,but I put him higher than me because he has more patience then me,many people can vouch for this.

Proof?Oh yeah,you have none!Contradicting yourself again,I see.

Why are you comparing two entirely different things?

Copy and paste it again,then.

Sith'ari
'I'd rather ask someone with experience in the debating field on who are the Best Debators, rather than somone who doesn't wouldn't you agree?'

I agree with this, but this was not your original point. You originally stated that someone who doesn't debate can't possibly judge how others debate, which is just rediculous.

Spartan ll
2. Let's say that I completely suck at debating and I am as bad as someone like Ownage. I would still know who the good debaters are, and who the bad ones are. And I can honestly say that you're average/bad.

And the funny thing is, I'm kicking your ass in this debate.
1.I certainly wouldn't go to you,seeing as how you don't even debate,and have no experience in that field.

2.No you aren't,maybe in your own little dilluded mind you are.

Sith'ari
'Proof?Oh yeah,you have none!Contradicting yourself again,I see.'

Do you even know what a contradiction is?

'Why are you comparing two entirely different things?'

The analogy is valid. Deal with it, and accept that you're wrong.

'Copy and paste it again,then.'

Can you retype your question clearly then?

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Excuse me? If the problem wasn't visible and had no affect on my driving, how the **** would I know about the problem? Or anyone else, unless they took it apart? If there's a problem with my car, I'll usually be able to tell.

For the second question, I can agree somewhat. Whilst there's no shame to be found in seeking out the opinion of the more able, it doesn't necessarily take a good debator to see who is one.

I can tell that my local mechanic is a good mechanic because he fixes my car if it is damaged or impaired.

Much in the same way that someone could tell who was a good debator because of their use of pertinent points, their lack of bias and so on.
Exactly.You aren't a mechanic,you wouldn't know specifically what is wrong with your car,you'd have to go to a real mechanic to find the source of the problem.

Sith'ari
1.I certainly wouldn't go to you,seeing as how you don't even debate,and have no experience in that field.

2.No you aren't,maybe in your own little dilluded mind you are.

1. Experience in the field of debating on this forum =/ experience in the field of debating outside of this forum. You're clearly too dumb to realise this.

2. Yes, I am.

Spartan ll
'Proof?Oh yeah,you have none!Contradicting yourself again,I see.'

Do you even know what a contradiction is?Yeah,claiming something that isn't true and having no proof to back it up.Which is exactly what you did.

No,it isn't.Debating is not athletic,wherein Tennis is.Debating you use proof and your mind to win,in Tennis,you use your eyes and muscles to win.

I did.If you're too stupid to understand it,then it's not my fault.

Archangelysses
So this thread should be renamed to contradiction then?????

Spartan ll
1. Experience in the field of debating on this forum =/ experience in the field of debating outside of this forum. You're clearly too dumb to realise this.

2. Yes, I am.
1.Alright.Lets say someone just made you a general(No reason at all) and you have no experience at being a tactician and have to make troop movemnts and battle plans for an upcoming battle.Who would win if your side went up against an army with a professional tactician on the opposing side?

2.No,you aren't.

Swirly Girl
Exactly.You aren't a mechanic,you wouldn't know specifically what is wrong with your car,you'd have to go to a real mechanic to find the source of the problem.

You're failing to see the point. I can tell that there is something wrong with the car. I could perhaps acertain what was wrong with the car on my own, but it depended on the situation.

Nebaris can see that (in his opinion) there is something wrong with your debating. Perhaps we might not be able to point out the specifics of it all, but he could make some basic points.

Sith'ari
Whatever dude, I'm done. I think talking to you for such a long time has severely lowered my IQ, so please, stop talking to me.

Spartan ll
And what would you know about your car if it wasn't working properly?You aren't a professional mechanic.The mostly thing you would tell him/her is:'My car is making a sputtering noise',or something to that effect.Specifics are required in the field of debating,if you don't have specifics,then chances are you'll lose.

And like what?I'll list a few myself of what's wrong:

1.I don't have that much patience.

2.Nobody seems to be reading my posts.

Spartan ll
Whatever dude, I'm done. I think talking to you for such a long time has severely lowered my IQ, so please, stop talking to me. Running away,huh?Guess that means I win.You still haven't answered my question,here,I'll repost it for you:
Who,besides Sidious,has performed a Force Storm or even made it to the magnitude that Sidious did,besides Sidious himself?

Logical Answer:None.Why?Because they didn't have the Force power that Sidious did so he could control/make those types of Force Storms.

Sith'ari
'Who,besides Sidious,has performed a Force Storm or even made it to the magnitude that Sidious did,besides Sidious himself'

This only proves that you were unable to comprehend my original post.

'Running away,huh?Guess that means I win.'

That's right, you win. thumb up

Spartan ll
'Who,besides Sidious,has performed a Force Storm or even made it to the magnitude that Sidious did,besides Sidious himself'

This only proves that you were unable to comprehend my original post.

'Running away,huh?Guess that means I win.'

That's right, you win. thumb up

1.Wrong answer.

2.Exactly.

Archangelysses
Winning by default is not winning

It can even be "debated" that conceding defeat is actually taking the chance of winning off the other person

Archangelysses

And there is the result of the thread, OKAY

Swirly Girl
Running away,huh?Guess that means I win.You still haven't answered my question,here,I'll repost it for you:
Who,besides Sidious,has performed a Force Storm or even made it to the magnitude that Sidious did,besides Sidious himself?

Logical Answer:None.Why?Because they didn't have the Force power that Sidious did so he could control/make those types of Force Storms.

It's non sequitur logic. So, I guess because Exar Kun was able to freeze a senate of millions and maintain that whilst crushing the chancellor, and tooling Vodo Siosk-Bass, noone else possesses the control or force power of Exar Kun; who could perform that technique?

Lightsnake
Joruus C'baoth froze and mind controlled tens of thousands of beings, Kun's feat was hardly special

Sith'ari
These are the only two post worth bringing up.

Originally posted by Decay
i dont think sion has more anger and control, he just exercises his will in a different more overt way. you have you remember how much sidious hate the jedi, and how many times he has to sit with them face to face pretending to value their opinion, and need their help. i dont think any other sith could have had the control to do that for decades. and his anger, like his power was all controlled for the greater purpose.

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Joruus C'baoth froze and mind controlled tens of thousands of beings, Kun's feat was hardly special

Whereas Kun performed it on a greater scale? With millions of people? Whilst tooling Vodo? And engaging in a small tete-a-tete with the chancellor?

Please, it was special insomuch as it's never been performed on that scale again; with the hypothetical individual engaging in combat with another person.

Escape81
These are the only two post worth bringing up.

Why's that?

Oh yeah, because you only believe that "posts worth bringing up" are the ones that you wanna hear. wink

Sith'ari
Originally posted by Escape81
Why's that?

Oh yeah, because you only believe that "posts worth bringing up" are the ones that you wanna hear. wink

Actually, both of them disagree with my theory Escape, so you're clearly wrong there. Those are the only two because they are the only ones which fully took in my initial post and fully answered my question.

Lightsnake
Oh, come on...mind controlling and freezing ten thousand
And while fighting someone? Big deal. There's no proof Kun had to keep the spell up continuously, rather than it just having a lasting effect...so Joruus's performed the feat on a greater scale and Kun doing it while hefting up a non-force sensitive geriatric hardly screams 'impressive

Escape81
Actually, both of them disagree with my theory Escape, so you're clearly wrong there. Those are the only two because they are the only ones which fully took in my initial post and fully answered my question.

Touche.

My apologies, I read wrongly. Perhaps there's more depth to you after all...

Swirly Girl
Big deal? So how is freezing millions of people inferior to Joruus' feat? Heck, if you want to argue semantics, I'd say that the text implies that Kun was making them sit and do nothing, not the spell.

The Chancellor? That's a fair point, he was not a force sensitive. But then again, he did also fight with Vodo whilst doing that.

Spartan ll

Now answer the damn question,Nebaris.Without a quote from a book MADE by the most powerful Sith Lord in Histroy who could make them at will.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>