Barbossa and Black Pearl vs Davy Jones and Flying Dutchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Which of the Villian and their crew is more powerful?

Mišt
Well, neither can die, so they are equal in that respect. The Black Pearl is fastest with the wind, the Flying Dutchman is fastest against the wind, so again equal. Davey Jones has the Kraken, and his ship can go underwater and do that teleporty thing he did when Jack was looking through the telescope. But to conflict with that, as Davey Jones' crew serve more time, they become 'weaker' until eventually they end up like the guy who was fused with the ship. So neither are more powerful as they cant be killed, but Davey Jones' arsenal is better.

katelovespirate
haha yeah i think until the kraken is killed, davey tops all.

spencerspider
Davey is better. He has the damn kraken for goodness sake

jessigem
i'd have to go with jones also, especially since the crew of the black pearl now has to "take care of their immortal souls". big grin

danny_v
i don't know if i can agree with all of u. especially since they now have davy's heart, and all they need to do is destroy it and his crew will all die along with him, or atleast become mortal...

jessigem
but the good people don't have the heart, the evil people do. which means they will milk it for all it's worth, they're not just going to kill him. imagine what you could do if you controlled the grimm reaper, i guess it's kinda like that except worse, because their souls are held captive. sad

joesha28
Davy is more powerful?

*-=Fat sacK=-*
Thats what they say but realy if in the first movie Barbossa and Davy are equaly imortal but Davy has to gather all Barbossa's crew all the peices of Aztec Gold and slit/spill blood from all of the crew including Barbossa him self. Barbossa on the other hand only has to find the key find the chest and stab the heart.

Think whta you wish but really with that evidence Barbossa has the upper hand and therefore is more powerful.

With the hole Kraken thing a crew full of imortal pirates vs a mortal Kraken i believe the Kraken would be the one not walking away from that battle.

joesha28
Yeah but the Zombie crew cld get their bone dislocated. I believe knowing the Barbossa has the upper hand of getting His heart, Davy will bring hell down into the seas. Strategically i think Davy cld bring the fight underwater where his crew will have battle advantage.

jessigem
eventually, davy will have to give up because he can only go on land once a decade so only his crew will be left to fight. and leaving your crew just isn't right because without him and the kraken, the crew will be torn to peices. (like the hermit crab guy with is head)

spencerspider
Originally posted by *-=Fat sacK=-*
Thats what they say but realy if in the first movie Barbossa and Davy are equaly imortal but Davy has to gather all Barbossa's crew all the peices of Aztec Gold and slit/spill blood from all of the crew including Barbossa him self. Barbossa on the other hand only has to find the key find the chest and stab the heart.

Think whta you wish but really with that evidence Barbossa has the upper hand and therefore is more powerful.

With the hole Kraken thing a crew full of imortal pirates vs a mortal Kraken i believe the Kraken would be the one not walking away from that battle.

he dont need to get blood from the crew.. just will or bootstrap

jessigem
i think fatsack was talking about a faceoff between crews BEFORE the movies time setting. like before jack was mutinated and before bootstrap was sent to davy jones locker. just so the fight would be fair and both crews would be immortal.

spencerspider
o ok.. bout to say..

jessigem
happy

#1potcfan
well if they stab the heart of davvy jones then i guess barbosa's crew is more powerful cuz they have there captain

jessigem
yea. unless we're talking about the crew barbossa has now.....because he doesn't really have a crew anymore. the only people left from his crew are ragetti and pintel. everyone else is i jail or dead. no expression

DRAKONS
How did theyactualy escape? gossip

jessigem
by getting the dog to come to them with the keys. i don't know HOW they finally got the dog to come, but that's why the dog was in the boat with them.

spencerspider
well heck jack got the dog to come but those 2 bustin in scared him off

jessigem
im still glad they got out happy

*-=Fat sacK=-*
same there greatclap

all hail ragetti and pintelnotworthy

jessigem
notworthynotworthynotworthy

joesha28
It is stated the Dany has the power of the sea. But other than the controlling of the Kraken and him saying "I am the sea!" What are his sea powers?

jessigem
he can control his practically-sea-creaturish crew. and he can tell whether somebody is alive or dead in the ocean/tell where there are in the ocean.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by jessigem
by getting the dog to come to them with the keys. i don't know HOW they finally got the dog to come, but that's why the dog was in the boat with them.

In PotC movies evey thing thats introduced has its own plot line..We aint seen the last of doggie and his many keys. laughing

If you are an eyeball you have your own plotline

A jar of dirt you have a plotline

a dog the same

If you are a bottle of rum you have your own plotline...I could go on but my fingers hurt from typing.

jessigem
. . . that's a good point. i never really thought of it that way.
and of course we havn't seen the last of the doggy, he was at the end of the credits. he's the CHEIF of the cannibals. it has to have someething to do with the 3rd movie. like the monkey with the coin: that solved why the monkey was still alive so they could offer it to tia dalma and then show a shot of the monkey running to the boots. the dog will be a puzzle peice......maybe.

essexmatt
Of course its Barbossa, no one or in the script has ever said that Davy Jones' crew is imortal, at the beginning where will slashes open 1 of davy jones' crew member and all the fish comes out if u look he actualy dies and u never see him again. davy jones crew is not imortal they can jus be stopped from death but each time this is happened it costs then onehundred year. whoever said that davy jones' crew would have an advantage underwater that is also not true as barbossas crew can also go underwater so theres no reason y they cant fight underwater. As barbossa knows where hell is they can also ambush and kill the kraken as he is the devil.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.