Superman vs The JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
This thread is an out growth of the following thread

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29000

Basically here is the setup.

The characters are as depicted, power levels and abilties and experiences, just prior to IC.

It is Superman vs the rest of the JLA.

Superman is ruthless and willing to kill and not caring anything about side effects from his powers, in otherwords Superman is acting more like Darkseid than Superman, not bloodlusted perse. I am talking about a totally different mindset, ie more like Superman being the classic punisher and the JLA were villains, or like how the Eradicator acted when he first appeared...

The rest of the JLA is Batman, GL Hal, The Flash (Wally with Speedfarce), WW, MM and Jazz Hand Aquaman.

Both sides know the fight is coming.

The fight takes place in an Arena galaxy that resembles the DCU but there are no other powers present, so no outside interference.

Wanna see if the tide here washes the way it does here

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29016

Validus
All the Torquasm Vo in the world isn't going to save Clark here and nothing could convince me otherwise.

Metalmanx
The JLA win. Flash wins by himself.

Validus
Damn that forum is stupid.

ZephroCarnelian
Supes would lose.

Hal, Diana and J'Onn individually can bring a good fight to Superman.

Working as a team they'll bring him down.

Even Supes' speedblitz won't help him much as two of the other big three (Diana and Jonn) also have a degree of Superspeed.

Superman is always going to be vulnerable to a sneak attack from one of these two;

If he attacks Jonn first, then Diana will wrap him in her lasso.

If he attacks Diana first, Jonn will attack him telepathically.

If he goes for Hal first, then they will both attack him.

------------

Also - all combatants have a way of hurting Superman in this fight.

Wonder Woman is magically empowered - it's been shown before that Superman's invulnerability doesn't work against her punches and kicks.

Jonn has massive psychic power and can screw up Superman's mind big style - Superwill power or not. Supes wouldn't have the time to start messing about with ToVo against someone like Jonn.

And Hal can bring either Kryptonite or Red Sol into the equation.

--------------------

Superman is mega powerful and insanely fast and therefore may be able to beat these big three a coupla times in ten, but that's it.

The rest of the time, the others' versatility and sheer numbers will beat him down.

Superman 2 or 3/10.

smile

Darth Martin
JLA wins 10/10. Bats has K-nite ring. WW, can throw down. Aqauman can throw down. Flash can sucessefully breat supes by himself. Hal and MM can do the same.

Sea King
Superman would go down to just the gl so with the rest here he goes down with ease

nimbus006
Ok Flash does not take Supes by himself, sorry i just refuse to believe that.

Private Pion
Originally posted by Validus
All the Torquasm Vo in the world isn't going to save Clark here and nothing could convince me otherwise.

Ditto.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by nimbus006
Ok Flash does not take Supes by himself, sorry i just refuse to believe that.

Sorry, friend. You don't have to believe it, but it's true. But you are very much welcome to believe what you'd like.

Nikkolas
Wasn't Supes picking apart Imperiex Probes while one destroyed the JLA?

Wasn't he the one who "killed" Doomsday while the rest of the JLA was obliterated in short order?

Wasn't he the one who beat Desparo in one shot and he beat the entire JLA from what I heard.

Symmetric Chaos
JLA easily.

GL,Wally or Martian could do it alone.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
JLA easily.

GL,Wally or Martian could do it alone.

that's debatable of course no expression

Of course, this is practically spite

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Redatom65
that's debatable of course no expression

No it's not no expression

Redatom65

i'm referring to your comments about Wally West, J'onn, and The Lantern beating superman by themselves, and yes, that's debatable

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Redatom65
i'm referring to your comments about Wally West, J'onn, and The Lantern beating superman by themselves, and yes, that's debatable

big grin

Redatom65
big grin

hater ermm

Nikkolas
I did kinda name 3 instances when Supes proved himself superior to the whole JLA...but okay....

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Wasn't Supes picking apart Imperiex Probes while one destroyed the JLA?

Wasn't he the one who "killed" Doomsday while the rest of the JLA was obliterated in short order?

Wasn't he the one who beat Desparo in one shot and he beat the entire JLA from what I heard.

1. Probes had a variety of power levels.

2. That's true. big grin

3. Jeph Loeb wrote it. BS feat. thumb down

And Supes is sooooooo not winning this fight. wink

Nikkolas
Where is that stated?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Where is that stated?

Well since everybody managed to take out a probe on their own eventually it seems reasonable.

Gorbag
Superman in "Punisher-mode" vs. JLA? I think they can beat him, but with good preparation...

Badabing
This thread = dur

His Airness
Superman loses

Faceman
Batman dies in the process.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Faceman
Batman dies in the process.

Which is all that matters.

Besides I think Supes with Darkseid's mentality would be able to pull off 1-2/10 victories. He wouldn't fight stupid, but he's not going to take every single match.

Juntai
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

3. Jeph Loeb wrote it. BS feat. thumb down

No he didn't.

Jebus reborn
Originally posted by Juntai
No he didn't. Burn!

What If...
LOL comixtreme...

laughing

MattDay
anyone got the pics of superman being shown a "what if" if he had no restraint for humans, and ruled the earth, it shows superman holding flash by the throat, and marvel trying to talk superman out of it. while Martian manhunter, wonder woman, green lantern, and batman all lay on the floor defeated.... damn it where on here is that friggin' picture. anyone got it or seen it?

StyleTime
I don't see how Superman could even take 1-2 against his comrades. The JLA should make a clean sweep here.

boriquaking55
I dunno how people can think these threads are good ideas.

Supes gets crushed 10/10

UniOmni
Originally posted by Juntai
No he didn't.

I so wanted to be the guy to break his stupidity bubble, but alas.....i was too slow.

And nowadays we're just calling what feats count and what don't?

What part of the game is that?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Supers would lose. Flash could amp the team up, Hal could shield the team, Manhunter could screw with Clark's will power and mind, and it's a pretty done fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.