Superman vs. The Destroyer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
The magical Asgardian Suit, vs. the man of steel

Can superman overcome his magic handicap to defeat the walking tin can?

bbrem123
no way the asgard destroyer will murder the man of steel

bbrem123
and if he is animated by a powerful being then forget it

Skeets
Supes wins.

rotiart
For arguements sake, lets say the Enchantress is the one empowering it.

Darth_Erebus
This could be Pre Crisis Supes and The Destroyer would still rape him.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by rotiart
The magical Asgardian Suit, vs. the man of steel

Can superman overcome his magic handicap to defeat the walking tin can?

Another idiotic thread. It does not matter who animates the Destroyer, Superman would be smart to disguise himself as Clark Kent, blend in with the crowd and discretely slip away.

olympian
I agree, its idiotic.

Destroyer beats the chap.

guy222
dread one

Endless Mike
Done before, Destroyer wins

h1a8
I don't see how Destroyer necessarily wins. Couldn't Superman knock its head off like King Thor did? Superman can dodge its attacks all day as he has superior speed and reflexes. I doubt anyone can prove that the Destroyer can beat Superman for a majority.

Ouallada
That was a what-if, wasn't it?

tkitna
Destroyer in a curbstomp

Terryc250
Destroyer stomps supes bad

Tony Stark
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't see how Destroyer necessarily wins. Couldn't Superman knock its head off like King Thor did? Superman can dodge its attacks all day as he has superior speed and reflexes. I doubt anyone can prove that the Destroyer can beat Superman for a majority.

Newsflash... Superman isn't KT.

Destroyer destroys him.

SuppMan
how come everyone is soo anti- superman around here?

SuperiorTech
Nobody is anti superman the destroyer is a beast superman is gonna lost.

SuppMan
I would atleast say, Superman is pretty strong and will put up a good fight. In the end he will prob. lose however. BUT NO ONE SAYS THAT, everyone in every thread is like, supe sucks, he loses.. i do agree, that superman will prob. lose but he'll PUT UP A FIGHT..

Sundipped
Visor beam ko FTW.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
This could be Pre Crisis Supes and The Destroyer would still rape him.
Not really since precrisis supes survives hundred+galaxy level explosions and seals big bangs with his heat vision:P.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Not really since precrisis supes survives hundred+galaxy level explosions and seals big bangs with his heat vision:P.

The Destroyer is powered by magic, one of PC Supes greatest weaknesses.

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
The Destroyer is powered by magic, one of PC Supes greatest weaknesses.
And precrisis supes could rip its head off before it ever realized what happened.

Soljer
Being powered by magic doesn't matter. This was recently explained in Superman's own title.

Magical attacks affect Superman - magically powered attacks do not. There is a difference.

The Great Galen
Supes win via throwing the the destroyer into the sun.

Priest
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Supes win via throwing the the destroyer into the sun.
what the heck is that gonna do?
Destroyer can teleport back. And the Sun will not damage the destroyer armor.
Visor Beam ftw.

Magee
Superman rips its head off, win.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Magee

Not gonna happen smile

guy222

Oh Really

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
And precrisis supes could rip its head off before it ever realized what happened.

laughing

h1a8
Superman is pretty damn strong when he is not holding back.
I see no good reason to even make King Thor stronger than him.

Sundipped

This sounds like the description of a Black Adam win.
Neither he or Supes will be able to do this tho.

Jimmy-Chan
I've seen both Thor and The Thing "KO" the Destroyer before. Although usually it can't be stopped unless you remove the spirit inside it so I take those showings with a gain of salt. The Destroyer wins after a tough fight unless Superman is allowed to run to the Fortress of Solitude to grab some gear in the middle of the fight.

severance
destroyer destroys the man of steal. its what he does

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
laughing
Trillions of miles in seconds while not even trying,speedblitz ftw.

Larceny
If were talking about the Asgardian Destroyer then he wins 10/10.

the Darkone
If were talking about the Asgardian Destroyer then he wins 10/10.

zeel
other then mabey getting a massive powerful heatvision attack through the visor of the destroyer supes is going to inflict minimal damage on the destroyer i think.

JakeTheBank
Destroyer. I'm inclined to say it's spite.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you consider the Destroyer's magical origin as something Superman would be vulnerable to then yes, for the most part this is spite.

Batman-Prime
It's not spite. The Destroyer wouldn't be the greatest enemy Supes fought and defeated. Though, yeah the Destroyer most probably wins^^.

guy222
supes stands no chance

Stoic
The construct is made of sterner stuff than Mjolnir, so unless Superman can pulverize Mjolnir (highly doubtful), he certainly has no chance of harming the construct. For now I give the Destroyer a very healthy majority.

zopzop
Can the Destroyer fly? Or TP? Has it done so on panel? Superman is fast enough to BFR it, if it can't fly/tp then things get interesting.

BFRing it into the Sun, where Superman can amp considerably makes the fight more interesting.

Otherwise Destroyer 10/10.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Can the Destroyer fly? Or TP? Has it done so on panel? Superman is fast enough to BFR it, if it can't fly/tp then things get interesting.

BFRing it into the Sun, where Superman can amp considerably makes the fight more interesting.

Otherwise Destroyer 10/10.

Yes, it can fly.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yes, it can fly.

Hover "fly"? Sub sonic speed? Super sonic speed? Light speed? FTL speed? Cause this can make a big difference vs a character like Superman.

Stoic
Hover "fly"? Sub sonic speed? Super sonic speed? Light speed? FTL speed? Cause this can make a big difference vs a character like Superman.

I believe that it also has the power of teleportation.

JakeTheBank

Depends on who's animating it, iirc.

Doomsday not being able to fly didn't make a huge difference against Superman. Neither do other grounded bricks or even bricks who can fly but choose to fight on the ground. And the Destroyer > Doomsday.

Even if we do decide to argue in favor for Forum Mode Superman with multi Earth weight strength, FTL speedblitzing, counter vibrating, and etc, I still don't see how he'll actually beat the Destroyer.

zopzop

Doomsday not being able to fly didn't make a huge difference against Superman. Neither do other grounded bricks or even bricks who can fly but choose to fight on the ground. And the Destroyer > Doomsday.

Even if we do decide to argue in favor for Forum Mode Superman with multi Earth weight strength, FTL speedblitzing, counter vibrating, and etc, I still don't see how he'll actually beat the Destroyer.
Oh I'm not saying Superman is beating the Destroyer. But if the Destroyer's flight is anything less than light speed, Superman can take this fight to the Sun where it gets more competitive. Destroyer would still win 10/10 but it wouldn't be a stomp. OWAW-like Superman vs "normal" sized Destroyer would be interesting.

Originally posted by Stoic
I believe that it also has the power of teleportation.
If true, then I guess Superman is fugged.

the Darkone
Its a stomp on major per portion for Destroyer, The armor slags superman horrible 10/10!

h1a8

Destroyer>>>Doomsday only because it can't be bfred. If bfr is out of the question then HP DD>>>>>>>>>Destroyer.

Personally, I don't see that the Destroyer taking a more than 10 Earth weights of force blunt attack without being damaged. Remember to shatter a planet in one blow requires less than 1 Earth weight of force.

What is your opinion, what is the minimum amount of force a punch must be thrown at to damage the Destroyer? 10 Earth weights, 20 Earth weights,...?

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Destroyer>>>Doomsday only because it can't be bfred. If bfr is out of the question then HP DD>>>>>>>>>Destroyer.

Personally, I don't see that the Destroyer taking a more than 10 Earth weights of force blunt attack without being damaged. Remember to shatter a planet in one blow requires less than 1 Earth weight of force.

What is your opinion, what is the minimum amount of force a punch must be thrown at to damage the Destroyer? 10 Earth weights, 20 Earth weights,...? You just makek things up mainly due to your lack of comic knowledge. Why continue to debate with little to no knowledge of the characters themselves.

rotiart
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Another idiotic thread. It does not matter who animates the Destroyer, Superman would be smart to disguise himself as Clark Kent, blend in with the crowd and discretely slip away.

Wait what? Isn't this the same as removing himself from the battle? Fleeing like a coward? And since when would superman hide from a fight! Lol.

As for idiotic... Destroyer is a common Thor villain, but I may have overestimated superman... I mean his heat vision usually goes up against darkseids omega beams doesn't it?...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by rotiart
Wait what? Isn't this the same as removing himself from the battle? Fleeing like a coward? And since when would superman hide from a fight! Lol.

As for idiotic... Destroyer is a common Thor villain, but I may have overestimated superman... I mean his heat vision usually goes up against darkseids omega beams doesn't it?...

Yeah, that's pretty silly.

I believe the Destroyer's various energy and matter manipulation powers would ultimately trump Superman's heat vision. And that's assuming his heat vision is working at its absolute best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.