My take on Pirates 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jdl1224
Alright. I saw the 12:01am showing and I went home confused and thought about it for 2 days straight and didnt understand 80% of it lol. Well I just saw it again tonight and I totally understand a lot more of it now. So I thought I'd just point out what I noticed and see what you all think about it.

1. The black spot. I never understood what that was all about. But bootstrap said 'the black spot marks who it wants' or something like that. so it lets you know they are going after jack- not everyone else and all the other boats it takes over. common sense for some people i guess. i take a while. a lot of these are like that. haha.

2. this one wasn't too weird it was just something I never noticed. When Will is captured on the island Jack is the chief of, he whispers to Will "save me". I had just never noticed that, I was confused as to why he was doing what he did. But I realize that it was to save the crew and such.

3. Going to Tia Dalma's house. The price is "Look- *shoots* an undead monkey!" So obviously- the monkey doesnt die. and it shows a skeleton of him. So- the monkey is immortal. At the very end of Pirates 1, after the credits, it shows the monkey taking a piece of gold. This will relate when I talk about Barbossa...

4. Going to the Flying Dutchman, Jack says to Will, "if they catch you just say your there to settle Jack Sparrow's debt. It might just save your life." So really. Jack gave up Will's life then. He says it might save your life- because he'll be thrown in with the crew of Davy Jones. But then later he tries to take Will with him but doesnt really care when he doesnt.

5. The compass ordeal. Did anyone else notice that it usually pointed to JACK SPARROW. I didn't realize this at first! The very first time Elizabeth opens it, it doesnt. But when they get to the island where the chest is, she's trying to find it and she looks at the compass and looks to where its pointing, and its jack. It also happens once when they are on the ship. I think it's showing that Elizabeth in fact, DOES, like Jack. Which is weird? I didn't really get that vibe but I think deep down she does like him in that way. She keeps calling him a good man and doesnt lose faith in him really until she sees him rowing away and calls him a coward.

6. The lockets. When Jack is stealing from Tia Dalma's house- it shows a locket. Then it talks about how Davy was in love but something happened and his love was the sea. If you notice, when Will is stealing the key- the music that puts him to sleep is from a locket- that MATCHES the one Tia Dalma has. Was she the woman he loved?

7. This one is more funny then anything. When the 3 men are fighting, Sparrow, Turner, and Norrington, Elizabeth is on the side (acting hilarious in my opinon lol) and she starts chunking stuff at them- her aim is HORRIBLE. I didn't notice it the first time- but I did tonight. Just thought I'd point it out for a comedic reason. lol.

8. Just randomly, when the wheel rolls all the way out into the water. It shows Will all dizzy- and yet Norrington can walk in a straight line to the boat? idk, i didn't understand why Norrington wasn't as dizzy?

9. The whole Elizabeth& Jack kissing thing. Obviously, it was showing Elizabeth had some feeling toward Jack- that overpowered Will's love. She didn't show the emotion really but the compass did. I think after she saw him leaving and realized he lied to her about Will that she decided she didn't feel that way anymore, which is why she cuffed him to the ship. Then later decides it wasn't the best thing to do.

10. Jack stabbing the "heart" of the squid thing. It never shows what happens. But I'm not really convinced he dies. What if he ends up killing it or something? It gives the impression he died but- he's Captain Jack Sparrow! Anything is possible! smile

11. When they go back to Tia Dalmas- theres all the people in the water crying. I didn't understand this? My first thought were that they were the souls Jack had saved and were mourning for him but- since when does Jack save people's lives? He's usually killing them. Unless its Will or Elizabeth. lol.

12. Okay. Did the crew every find out what Elizabeth did?? I didn't think so but I noticed tonight Gibbs says something like "your honesty wore off". Which makes it sound like he knew. But then Will turns around looking slightly suprised. My sister said maybe its just because Gibbs knows Jack so well that he knows Elizabeth must have done something because Jack wouldn't stay behind like that. Just a thought- it confused me though.

13. Captain Barbossa. I did notice the boots and how the monkey immediatly went back to them. Okay- these are just a few of my guesses and thoughts. 1. Tia Dalma knows how to bring Jack back supposedly- maybe she did the same for Barbossa. 2. Jack had a debt to pay with Davy- maybe Barbossa had one too and managed to pay it off or w/e so he lived. Because he was a captain of the Black Pearl just as Jack was- and Davy says 'you were captain for 13 years' and yada yada. idk- just a thought. 3. This is a little far but- when they left Barbossa he was dying in the same room the chest of aztec gold was. Couldnt he easily take one out, become immortal to not die- then put it back? But that doesn't explain why he's at Tia Dalma's in my opinion. That's just a few of my ideas. lol. I've been reading up on other peoples. smile

Those are about it I think. Idk if anyone will really read this lol, but in case you do- feel free to comment on them or correct me! Oh and--

Spoilers on Pirates 3!
Name: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
(if you notice, Tia Dalma says "would you go to world's end to save him?" see the connection?)
Date: May 27th, 2007

Plot:
Summer 2007 will be action packed as the third installment from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise comes ashore. As the age of piracy comes to a close, Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp), Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth Swann (Keira Knightley) must sail off the edge of the map, navigate treachery and betrayal, and make their final alliances for one last decisive battle. Our heroes must face Lord Cutler Beckett (Tom Hollander), Davy Jones (Bill Nighy) and Admiral James Norrington (Jack Davenport) in a titanic showdown that could eliminate the freedom-loving pirates from the seven seas -- forever.

It's also been rumored Keith Richards (Rolling Stones) will be in the 3rd one. I heard it was official but then I heard it was called off due to a Rolling Stones tour. I'm not sure if he will be or not. If he is- he'll be playing Jack Sparrow's dad. (Tidbit: Keith Richards is who Johnny Depp modeled Jack after.)

Alright. I'm done! haha, I loved this movie. I can't wait for the third one! Hope I made some of you think! lol. I think its fun talking about the possiblities of the movies. So if anyone of you want to- feel free! smile

Moonlight
ahahah I have some comments to your theories:
FIrst I'd like to comment theory #5, Jack stated to her that "It points to the one thing you desire." I'm thinking maybe thats why it would randomly point at him.
#9. I think she was kissing him just so that she would be able to cuff him, I think your talking about the near ending right?
#10. I'm unsure about that too, I think he might still be alive.
#11. I think that ones because Jack and Tia Dalmas were sorta like friends, so naturally they would feel her sadness?
#13. Barbosa would've had to keep the coin on him, plus if I remember correctly he was dying pretty far off from the chest? Babosa had no debt, he held an interest for the imortality thing, plus he was already undead. I also agree that maybe Tia Dalmas brought him back to life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.