Dr. Polaris vs. Polaris

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Battle takes place in a steel mill. Who wins?

Grimm22
Hmm erm

Both are 2nd string Mangetos

However Dr. Polaris was good enougth to make it in the Society so I give it to him

ExodusCloak
Which version of Polaris? Pestilence?

batdude123
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Which version of Polaris? Pestilence?

Which ever version of Polaris that would give DP a better fight. wink

rotiart
I can't see Polaris getting close to defeating the Dr. Well close.. but not able to do it. Dr. Polaris 8/10

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by batdude123
Which ever version of Polaris that would give DP a better fight. wink

Well the new Polaris doesn't have many feats except for the meta-virus she was carrying that was suppose to wipe out all of Man/Mutantkind that did not drink Apocalypses' blood.

The new Polaris has her old powers back plus more, she's not a mutant anymore and she is more powerful then her older self. There's also a very very vague explanation of her new powers in the new Uncanny. I just haven't had the time to read it though.

So she could just kill him with the Meta-plague.(I know it's a cheap way to win)

rotiart
I haven't seen her do anything more powerful than her past self. Before she lost her powers, she was finally coming into terms of powers approaching the magneto level. For you to say she's more powerful, you'd have to also say she is now either at the magneto level, or greater than him...

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by rotiart
I haven't seen her do anything more powerful than her past self. Before she lost her powers, she was finally coming into terms of powers approaching the magneto level. For you to say she's more powerful, you'd have to also say she is now either at the magneto level, or greater than him...

She's emitting a lot more energy then her previous self(although that may not necessarily mean more power just lack of control) however she says her new powers are harder to control but are more dangerous. Mags has power and control.

Although she has the Meta-Plague.

rotiart
just cause she's "leaking" energy doesn't mean she's stronger than before. Nate Grey is cable without the technovirus... But everyone used to think nate was sooooo much stronger... until Cable began to show off and turned into godlike cable... and then we saw there really was a resemblence..

And if you're talking about the recent comci with sunfire and gambit trying to grab polaris, I don't remember seeing anything about her being stronger, just that her powers are not techno instead of mutant.

ExodusCloak
just cause she's "leaking" energy doesn't mean she's stronger than before. Nate Grey is cable without the technovirus... But everyone used to think nate was sooooo much stronger... until Cable began to show off and turned into godlike cable... and then we saw there really was a resemblence..

And if you're talking about the recent comci with sunfire and gambit trying to grab polaris, I don't remember seeing anything about her being stronger, just that her powers are not techno instead of mutant.

I was talking about Uncanny although you may be right. I edited my post above before you posted. Leaking Energy doesn't mean more power it just means she can't control it. And it could be that she actually only posseses a fragment of the power she used to possess. She does however say her powers are more dangerous, that may be due to the plague side effects.

I still think she could take a cheaperfied win here with the Meta-Plague.

rotiart
Hell it doesn't even need to be the plague... she was used by apocalypse... he could have just turned her into some kind of electromagnetic time bomb or something. :P

jesus.. what a way to go if that's the case.

future storylines could be cool with that as a plot device.

ExodusCloak
Hell it doesn't even need to be the plague... she was used by apocalypse... he could have just turned her into some kind of electromagnetic time bomb or something. :P

jesus.. what a way to go if that's the case.

future storylines could be cool with that as a plot device.

That's quite cool...imagine if she kamikazed one of the Shiar planets, it would save Vulcan a lot of time.

psy_blade
Polaris with dual powers win. She can counter his magnetic powers long enough for the diseases to take effect on him.

guy222
Originally posted by batdude123
Battle takes place in a steel mill. Who wins?

dr 6/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.