Iceman vs. Hydroman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
These guys share the same properties known as H2O. Who wins?

batdude123
Gotta go with Iceman here.

Rols
Iceman...H2O + Ice...freezees Hydroman.

Sea King
ice puts his mind in hydromans body then takes controll of him

rotiart
That would be wierd.. .two guys rubbing their atoms constantly against each oter.

Blade Cutter
Off the bet I said Iceman would win ice freeze water right?But when I thought it for a wile Hydroman has complete control over water even more so then Iceman and none sense Bobby ice a water based life form I thank Hydroman could just control Iceman's body.

Rols
That why I think the best option is to freez him..and then control his body..

rotiart
Hydroman seems to control things in liquid form, never showed manipulation of ice. Iceman turns hydroman into a popsicle and launches him into space.

Grimm22
Hydroman has so much potential for a character. If I had to re-write one villan he would probobly be on my list

However, this isnt even a question, Iceman without breaking a sweat

grey fox
Ice-man cut and pastes his consciousness over Hydromans.

Bobby wins !

H. S. 6
Bobby 10/10.

Swanky-Tuna
What a quandary. At first I thought what everone else though; Iceman freezes him. Game over.

But by the same reason Iceman can never lose on this board, can Hydroman be defeated? Bobby isn't a telepath so it's not like he can just delete Hydroman's conciousness.

It would be two nigh unkillable characters' consciousnesses floating around a bunch of ice with neither having the capabilities to harm the other where they are vulnerable.

Originally posted by rotiart
Hydroman seems to control things in liquid form, never showed manipulation of ice. Iceman turns hydroman into a popsicle and launches him into space.
I think he might be able to freeze things but I'm not sure.

lilnutta12
iceman 100/10
yh thats how bad he beats him - he makes hydro touch him, and he freezes himself.

lilnutta12
then continues to smash him into tiny little pieces
and kicks all the pieces down a drain, freezes the drain, and comes back every day with a drip of water to feed hydro man

Blade Cutter
When I think about it just freezing Hydroman will not last very long as long as there near a large body of water IE lakes or ocean are in the city.Because Hydroman will just call up on tons of lake water to poor/rush over him and melt the ice,Ocean same as the lake just a lot more and with salt water(salt melts ice),In the city there are water pipes every were including HOT water pipes it will not be as easy as some may think.

Metalmanx
Stalemate. Complete stalemate.

Soljer
Originally posted by Blade Cutter
When I think about it just freezing Hydroman will not last very long as long as there near a large body of water IE lakes or ocean are in the city.Because Hydroman will just call up on tons of lake water to poor/rush over him and melt the ice,Ocean same as the lake just a lot more and with salt water(salt melts ice),In the city there are water pipes every were including HOT water pipes it will not be as easy as some may think.

Salt does NOT melt ice. Gah, ignorance is disgusting.

Rather, the salt interacts with the ice-water equilibrium, disturbing it, thus lowering the freezing point of ice to below 0 degrees.

Jyppe
If Hydroman has complitely control of water, why doesn't he just stop the blood flowing in to his enemy's brain (Spider-man or someone) I'm quite aware that Bobby doesn't have the same properties as the other guys..

Blade Cutter
Originally posted by Soljer
Salt does NOT melt ice. Gah, ignorance is disgusting.

Rather, the salt interacts with the ice-water equilibrium, disturbing it, thus lowering the freezing point of ice to below 0 degrees. Look I know what I'm talking about I put that down becausew it took less time.But if you asisit..................................................................... Ice and snow melting chemistry is pretty simple. It works on a colligative property known as freezing point depression. Colligative means that the property depends only on the number of particles present, and not on chemical properties of the particles. We look for a chemical that dissolves in water easily and quickly, dissociates into ions, and is safe for application. All ice melting salts dissociate into ions as they dissolve into the melting ice and snow. This multiplies the molar quantity, and multiplies the effect of freezing point depression. Rock salt for instance, releases a ratio of one sodium ion (Na+) to one chloride ion (Cl-) for twice the effect. Calcium chloride releases one calcium ion (Ca+) for every two chloride ions for three times the effect. However, calcium and magnesium chlorides pose a greater risk than potassium and sodium chlorides because they release twice the number of damaging chloride ions. Plants vary in sensitivity to these salts. Excessive application of ice melting salts in a small area will kill vegetation. Indirect damage, resulting from a build-up of salt in the soil, is longer lasting and more difficult to remedy. The build-up can prevent existing plants from absorbing water and other required nutrients, and inhibit new plant growth. High sodium concentrations can harden soil, leaving a layer impermeable to water. (While ions such as calcium, magnesium, sulfate, ammonium, and potassium are necessary for plant vigor, excess amounts will also result in plant damage.)

Whittdawg92
ok, I higly doubt anyone's nerdy enough to read what you posted, but what does that mean?

loosecano
The no way hydroman can beat iceman. Iceman would pimp smack hydroman. Then be out. What happen to water in the winter it freeze ! This would be the quickest match every.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by loosecano
The no way hydroman can beat iceman. Iceman would pimp smack hydroman. Then be out. What happen to water in the winter it freeze ! This would be the quickest match every.

Err...not really. Even when frozen, Hydroman has complete control over his molecules. Same as Iceman really.

So, like stated before, this is a stalemate unless PIS is involved somehow.

Whittdawg92
Iceman would find a way to win b/c 1. he's a better and smarter character and 2.fans would lose it if he lost. My bet is iceman doesn't bother "going ice" and finds a way to put his aas in concrete or sometihng.

superbatman86
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Err...not really. Even when frozen, Hydroman has complete control over his molecules. Same as Iceman really.

So, like stated before, this is a stalemate unless PIS is involved somehow. Not really seeing as Bobby has more raw power.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by superbatman86
Not really seeing as Bobby has more raw power.

Tell me, what is Iceman going to do to win against Hydroman?

ThePittman

JohnnyDo3
lol this is easy ice man will win

Broly92
they come together and form Icedro Man laughing

Swanky-Tuna
Not really seeing as Bobby has more raw power.
The more raw power to do what? Neither can hurt the other.

Originally posted by Whittdawg92
ok, I higly doubt anyone's nerdy enough to read what you posted, but what does that mean?
It means he can copy and past information from other websites.

superbatman86
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
The more raw power to do what? Neither can hurt the other.

It means he can copy and past information from other websites. It means that Bobby's control superseeds Hydro-Man's whitch means he can keep him incapacitaed in either ice or vapor form.

Swanky-Tuna
It means that Bobby's control superseeds Hydro-Man's whitch means he can keep him incapacitaed in either ice or vapor form.
But it doesn't accomplish anything. It's literally like a water fight. You can't determine a winner because both are all wet.

Whittdawg92
I with swanky-tuna (lmfao, sounds like wank)

Soljer
Originally posted by Blade Cutter
Look I know what I'm talking about I put that down becausew it took less time.But if you asisit..................................................................... Ice and snow melting chemistry is pretty simple. It works on a colligative property known as freezing point depression. Colligative means that the property depends only on the number of particles present, and not on chemical properties of the particles. We look for a chemical that dissolves in water easily and quickly, dissociates into ions, and is safe for application. All ice melting salts dissociate into ions as they dissolve into the melting ice and snow. This multiplies the molar quantity, and multiplies the effect of freezing point depression. Rock salt for instance, releases a ratio of one sodium ion (Na+) to one chloride ion (Cl-) for twice the effect. Calcium chloride releases one calcium ion (Ca+) for every two chloride ions for three times the effect. However, calcium and magnesium chlorides pose a greater risk than potassium and sodium chlorides because they release twice the number of damaging chloride ions. Plants vary in sensitivity to these salts. Excessive application of ice melting salts in a small area will kill vegetation. Indirect damage, resulting from a build-up of salt in the soil, is longer lasting and more difficult to remedy. The build-up can prevent existing plants from absorbing water and other required nutrients, and inhibit new plant growth. High sodium concentrations can harden soil, leaving a layer impermeable to water. (While ions such as calcium, magnesium, sulfate, ammonium, and potassium are necessary for plant vigor, excess amounts will also result in plant damage.)

You just exposed your ignorance once again. You don't understand the chemistry behind freezing point depression, rather, you copy and pasted the first thing on google. Gah, at least find something a little more obscure to copy from.

And, next time, make sure you either A) Copy something with spelling and grammar as terrible as yours or B) Fix your horrid grammar to match the intelligence of that which you plagiarise.

Metalmanx
It means that Bobby's control superseeds Hydro-Man's whitch means he can keep him incapacitaed in either ice or vapor form.

When was it determined that Iceman has FAR greater control than Hydroman?

STALEMATE.

ThePittman
Iceman for the win, anyone cool enough to date Rouge has to win.pitt_signspin

crucifixio
hmmmmm............didnt know tht Iceman dated Rogue but X-Men comics are getting weirder and weirder these days. Anywho...Hydroman eill lose 9.9 times outta 10 against Bobby simply because he has never exhibited the kind of control Bobby has over water. I mean the guy was defeated by allowing himself to mix with cement for christsakes.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by crucifixio
hmmmmm............didnt know tht Iceman dated Rogue but X-Men comics are getting weirder and weirder these days.

Ultimate Rogue and Bobby date.

And it's a stalemate.

crucifixio
how is it a stalemate? In imo Hydro will be nothing more than a puppet of IMs.

jrodslam
Can Hydroman still operate at frozen levels?

When Bobby freezes him(not if), it would take some time for the ice to start to melt. In that time, can Hydroman still move and such? Can he control his molecules to the point where he makes the ice melt faster than normal? Les keep in mind that Icemans ice isnt the normal ice thats in the freezer or that forms when it snows. Its much much colder.

If Hydroman CAN do the things i asked questions to, the Metal is right. Its a stalemate. Otherwise, Iceman wins handily.

Whittdawg92
this is stupid, iceman wins, hydroman is just too muc of a street level idiot.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by jrodslam
Can Hydroman still operate at frozen levels?

When Bobby freezes him(not if), it would take some time for the ice to start to melt. In that time, can Hydroman still move and such? Can he control his molecules to the point where he makes the ice melt faster than normal? Les keep in mind that Icemans ice isnt the normal ice thats in the freezer or that forms when it snows. Its much much colder.

If Hydroman CAN do the things i asked questions to, the Metal is right. Its a stalemate. Otherwise, Iceman wins handily.

I don't see why he can't. He has just as much control over his molecules as Iceman does. He should be able to speed up the atoms/molecules in his frozen body fast enough to melt the ice in minutes.

crucifixio
co-sign.............And for your info, Hydro has an extremely hard time changing his physical state to that of ice, and has minimal control over the element.

Blair Wind
can he turn himself into water vapor? A viable way to beat him could be to turn him into that (mouisture inversion) and spread him out all over the place....it might not kill him, but it could count as a defeat.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I don't see why he can't. He has just as much control over his molecules as Iceman does. He should be able to speed up the atoms/molecules in his frozen body fast enough to melt the ice in minutes.

Does he have as much control over his molecules as Iceman? If he were to be evaporized, can he reform form moisture in the air? Or even exist in vapor form?

Mr Master
s

Mr Master
s

Soljer
Originally posted by Mr Master
The New Pre-Retcon Beyonder Respect Thread in here....(Complete)

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php? s=&threadid=412978&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Errrruhhh....what does the Beyonder have to do with Iceman or Hydroman?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Soljer
Errrruhhh....what does the Beyonder have to do with Iceman or Hydroman?

Amazing...how did that come out...I jsut edited that twice as "s"..and it still showed up...lol

Iceman take it...he's respected by cosmics.

Swanky-Tuna
How does he win? How does either win? The most they can do to each other is nothing. Even if they didn't manipulate each other's form and duked it out in ice/water they'd accomplish nothing.

Broly92
Again I say
Originally posted by Broly92
they come together and form Icedro Man laughing
just like how he fused with Sandman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.