Strange things in Tia's hut - SPOILERS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
I apologise if someone already posted this.

Did anyone else notice there was a little Jack Sparrow voodoo doll in her hut?

Apparently there was one according to someone on another forum.. I wonder what it means..Maybe its her causing all the trouble for Jack?

Also she has a locket identical to the music box Davey Jones has...The one that plays that song. Maybe she is the one he fell in love with and she is causing Jack pain now for some reason or another?

Also people probably noticed this one. The dead legs sticking out were Barbossas legs, thats why Jack the monkey ran to them straight away.

hmmmmm

Anyone else notice any other strange things?

blackpearl44
The fact that she would bring barbossa "back to life" for him to help save jack is strange....I like the idea, but still strange....

LovelyOne
Originally posted by blackpearl44
The fact that she would bring barbossa "back to life" for him to help save jack is strange....I like the idea, but still strange....

Yeh I agree with you. I mean he's not exactly a good guy. I'm very, very suspicious of her now.

Also do you think she knows what Liz did to jack?

blackpearl44
Well, she is a crazy guru person, so she might, but it's hard to say, but the fact she had that heart shaped thing that plays the music, same one that davey jones had, is REALLY suspicious, same thing with the jack voodoo doll.......it might mean alot, but it might also mean nothing, that's why we have to use what we know from the 1sh and 2nd movie, to try and figure out some of this stuff that might possible play a roll in the 3rd....we should have more reliable info on the 3rd movie withing the next month or so, beacause that's when the 2nd movie will become availible on DVD.

Gladiator32783
Wasn't there a poster with the Jack Sparrow voodoo doll on it a few months ago in theaters?

Imperial_Samura
I found the music box interesting and wondered the same thing - although she doesn't really seem like Jones type.

Then I wondered if maybe she was the one who removed Jones heart for him?

~Air Angel~
I didn't notive the voodoo doll!!! sad I need to go and watch it again! LOL! But those are very good theories. And the music box is interesting too.

What I don't understand is why would Barbossa agree to help Jack? What's in it for him?? You'd think he'd want revenge after Jack tricked him and shot him at the end of POTC 1.

If there is a connection between Tia & Davey Jones.... then why would she try to help Jack kill him? I forgot how the story goes about the Davey and his lover..... I thought she had been killed or something and that's why he was in pain...?? I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see his beloved (who ever she is) in POTC 3.

~Air Angel~
OH Wait...I do remember the doll!!! It took me a minute. LOL! Yeah definitely strange....all his bad luck could come from her.... but what did he do to her? Maybe she's like all the other women who slap him all the time, but she really has a way to get in her revenge, with curses...etc. (Voodoo)

tumalow2
i noticed something very strange, in one sentence while talking about davy jones she reffered to him as the devil. im not sure though, anyoneelse notice that?

buddha1822
yea... Tia was the one who Davy Jones fell in love with (hence the locket)... she said to Jack at one point something about him that only she would know by falling in love with him (Davy)... i can't remember the exact line - it was tricky - but it was there...

I was also curious about the "only can set foot on land every 10 years" thing with Davy Jones... he's a mysterious guy

altho this is going sorta OT from the post... Davy seemed kinda "sad" at some points (obviously)... like with this whole Tia and him thing is going to "come together" somehow in the 3rd one... like he's so vicious and stuff, but he's going to show his "softer" (lol) side at some point in the third one and his emotions are going to get sad... (just speculation)

curiosity
I did not see the Jack voo doo doll - where is that?

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by buddha1822
altho this is going sorta OT from the post... Davy seemed kinda "sad" at some points (obviously)... like with this whole Tia and him thing is going to "come together" somehow in the 3rd one... like he's so vicious and stuff, but he's going to show his "softer" (lol) side at some point in the third one and his emotions are going to get sad... (just speculation)

Yes, I don't think Jones is just "evil bad guy without motivations" - I think there is still good in him, or there is the potential for there to be - there was all the other things he kept in the chest that contained the dead mans chest, there was the look he got when Jack told him about Will and Elizabeth, and the way he looked at the dress in the water (as well as keeping the music box with him.)

Maybe he will be redeemed in the third one?

CaptnCaribbean
Originally posted by curiosity
I did not see the Jack voo doo doll - where is that?
I've seen it, if you haven't, go to the POTC2 official disney website and the site is basically a tour of the movie. It goes to Tia Dalma's Hut and you can see it. I don't think it means anything though but I could be wrong.

ESB -1138
Hey did anyone notice when Tia let Jack free (the monkey) that he ran over to a pair of boots and those looked like the boots of Barbossa.

jessigem
yeah. (almost)everyone noticed that. i think there's even part of a thread that talks about the monkey and the boots.
and i went to that disney site a couple weeks before the movie came out.....if you click on the right objects/people, you can get desktop pics. that's where i got my current desktop. and you don't even have to download them, you just have to right click and "set as background"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.