Badass Battle-Batman vs. Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jgiant
Who do the bad guys fear more?
Who has the better origin?
Who has the more badass personality?
Who has the more badass costume-Pick your version of each character.
Who can be the most brutal when they have nothing to lose?
Who has the most badass moment?
Let the battle begin...

jgiant
common damnit

who?-kid
Originally posted by jgiant
Well, Batman is more known...

Punisher

Punisher

Depends. Both costumes are cool.

Punisher

I wouldn't know.

DarkCrawler

Batman by far.

I mean, Punisher is really badass, but scary? I have never considered him scary in the meaning of the world. He has guns and all, but he still looks like human, and even general public knows his name and origin. Batman, in other hand, is an urban legend. There are all kind of rumors going on around him. That he is a vampire. A bat who has simply donned a human skin. Dark angel sent from heaven to hunt the souls if criminals. Shit like that.

When you are a criminal and you see Punisher, you think: "Okay, this is it. I am dead". You KNOW whats going to happen. When you are a criminal and you see Batman, you don't know what will happen. Will he suck your soul out? Drink your blood? Torture you? Or do something even worse? Will he take out your family with you? You don't know anything.

If I was a criminal, I'd be scared shitless when I saw the Punisher coming, but I knew that all he could to is to shoot, stab or beat me to death. With Batman, it's different.

At least with classic Batman it was, don't know these days.

Gotta say Batman here too. I like the way how Punisher is a normal man with army training and stuff, and he has his one man war with only normal guns and weapons, but the story of a man whose parents are killed, and he trains himself to perfection in body and mind to hunt down the criminals of the world? That just does it to me.

Punisher. He's just obsessed with his hunting of criminals, and he does not let anyone, even law to stop him. He is an anti-hero, he gets rid of criminals for good. Unlike Batman, he ensures that they will not do crimes anymore, EVER.

Punisher. The current jacket with skull T-Shirt is probably the most badass costume ever, even though it is not really an costume. Especially when drawn by Tim Bradsheet:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Punisher_22.jpg

Punisher 11 out of 10. Some of the shit he has done is insane. And he does not have anything to lose anymore. He'll be always as brutal as he wants.

Punisher. In Daredevil, when he killed that pimp to get in prison and when the police took his gun, all confidential to shoot him. Then he turned around, with his arms in the air, and the cop saw the skull. Frank had his arms in the air, telling that he will surrender, and the cop was still scared shitless, calling for backup. That was so badass.

Dinalfos
Punisher is bad ass even when he has nothing to lose. Punisher also has him beat in the origin story department.

DigiMark007
common damnit

It's a message board not a chat room. Patience is a virtue. wink

Darth Martin
Let the battle begin...

1. If we are batman begins bats I would go with him but people fear punisher crazy.

2.Punisher.

3.Punisher (currrent).

4.Punisher.

5.Punisher.

braz
Let the battle begin...

1. Batman, by far. Punishers just a man, and Batman made it clear to everyone in Gotham that hes more than just a man. hes a legend.

2. Tie i think. both great origins

3. Punishers gotta more badass personality though i think because he can kill and feel no emotion. Batman on the other hand would never EVER kill a person because he knows he would become the very thing that destroyed his parents.

4. Batman- more badass costume, to be honest. and im referring to the batsuit off of Batman Begins which just blew me away and IMO was the coolest thing about the new Batman movie. it covers his human flesh with jet black and makes criminals think hes some kind of giant bat or w/e, or just some kinda creature, and pretty much erases the whole assumption of him being only human.

5. Punisher's more brutal though- simply because he kills.

6. Batman has the most badass moment IMO.

*sounds of someone walking around on the car*

Falcone: "What the hell are you?!"

*smash* *glass breaks*

Batman: "Im Batman.

*SMACK*(headbutt)

nice coat."

Priceless. nuff said.

Batman takes it 3 to 2. stick out tongue

Soljer
Let the battle begin...

1. Batman, I don't even need to get into it.
2. Batman, Castle is a well trained military man with a lot of guns. Batman has travelled the world, learning every fighting style he possibly could, and amassing a personal arsenal that transcends the need for firearms.
3. Punisher. Batman doesn't really kill anyone.
4. Batman, are you crazy! A t-shirt versus a stylized piece of armor that also happens to house many insanely awesome gadgets and weapons? Hard decision there.
5. Punisher, for obvious reasons.
6. Definitely the Punisher again, he stops at nothing...and..has stopped at nothing at times.

Tie 3 to 3.

Validus
Never really considered Batman a badass myself. Cool character of course but badass just really isn't the right word to describe him.

Inhuman

Punisher. Bad guys know when they see the skull they better get the $%&* out, or be tortured or killed in the worst ways.
Batman does scare villains as well but its more a type of "boo"(you didnt know i was sneeking up on you) type fear. Plus The villains he fights over and over again HAVE to know by now batman doesnt kill.
So they would be scared to get the crap beat out of them but not fear for their lives.

Both are pretty good origins.

Both do but Punisher has bats beat. He goes into a fight all out. He doesnt worry about holding back. If a criminals face is open to a knifing so be it.

I like both costumes.

Punisher
Both have had thier moments but Punishers ruthlessness gives him an edge on badassery.

braz
Originally posted by Validus
Never really considered Batman a badass myself. Cool character of course but badass just really isn't the right word to describe him.

i hate u, Adam West

mad

.. stick out tongue

laughing

jgiant
When bad guys face bats, if they kno who he is, than they kno that they are going to get beat up and sent to jail...with the punisher, they do not know what is going to happen, they could be thrown out a building, set on fire, or will frank just have fun with them with a knife...
As for origins punisher has two versions one original and one max...i prefer some from each, the way his family was killed and his revenge on the killers from the original year one and the rest from max such as born, and tyger...though the cell, the max version on how frank got his revenge on his families killers, had its moments....punishers current costume is simple yet awesome...all the rest go to frank aswell, don't kno the most bad ass moment but it may be when he went on a rampage after a mobster dug up his family and killed 59 people in one night...

NiņoAraņa
Let the battle begin...
Lets see....

1) I think that in the long run, that bad guys know that if they face the Punisher they will die....no ifs, ands or buts about it.....and if they face the Bat multiple times, that they might get a beating, but they aren't going to die.

2)Bats i think, guy trained himself since the start. Frank was just a normal guy in the start, maybe an over average trainee. But not since he was a kid.

3)Punisher no doubt, guy has the personality of a psycho, and he's perfectly sane...mostly shifty

4)Frank's is original in the way it's just a skull, doesn't matter where it is, it's gotta be the Punisher when you see that skull. But Bruce has the crazy gadgets and what not. so i guess Bruce takes it.

5)Punisher, no need to explain.

6) Frank takes out a house of guards, goes into the bathroom where his intended kill is batheing, and pushes the radio into the bath....then shoots him in his head....no sweat for him either laughing

golem370
Punisher is more real like

JohnnyDo3
Punisher is more bad ass and bad guys fear Punisher because he kills em all unlike batman he fights the same old ugly ****ers over and over again like joker, riddler, mr freeze, penguen and etc

JohnnyDo3
most badass momment when Punisher killed the marvel universe

12inches
batman by a landslide

mighty adam
punisher got him beat 4-6

Metalmanx
Let the battle begin...

The bad guys fear Batman more. The only reason Pun's enemies don't fear him as much, is because they aren't alive long enough to fear him a second time around. Batman leaves his enemies alive to fear him. Though personally, I'd be far more afraid of Punisher. Batman won't kill. Punisher won't think twice about it.

I personally thing Punisher has the better origin. I mean, his whole career is just one big case of revenge.

Both are very badass.

Since Pun's "costume" isn't really much of a costume, I'd give this to Batman.

Punisher, I believe, is most brutal when he has nothing to lose.

Most badass moment? I dunno. Both have their crazy-uber moments of badassery.

Lucid Lui
Batman, definately.

Again, Batman.

Same again, Batman.

Batman again...

Frank wins in a strictly physical way, but i think Batman would completely would unleash hell on a persons mental state, which would be alot worse IMO.

Both have heaps of badass moments, but i'll say Batman again.

Tassadar
Let the battle begin...

Who do the bad guys fear more?- Punisher, he tortures and kills people, Bats beats them up and throws them in jail to escape 2 hours later.
Who has the better origin?- I think Punisher, but its just my opinion.
Who has the more badass personality?- Batmans arrogant, Punishers psychotic. Arrogant=stupid. Psychotic=scary. You decide.....
Who has the more badass costume?- I like Puns new non-costumed look, its more realistic than Batmans tights. Azrael Batmans armor was better though.
Who can be the most brutal when they have nothing to lose?- Punisher already has nothing to lose. Batman is one of the retards who think they are better than the people they fight because they refuse to kill. Pun is much more brutal, especially the Ennis work.
Who has the most badass moment?- Batman almost beating Red Son Supes outclasses anything I have read Frank doing.

jgiant
Yes the bad guys fear bats, but frank cant kill everone, but the people he does leave alive live in constant fear if he will soon come for them...

IronDave
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Batman by far.

I mean, Punisher is really badass, but scary? I have never considered him scary in the meaning of the world. He has guns and all, but he still looks like human, and even general public knows his name and origin. Batman, in other hand, is an urban legend. There are all kind of rumors going on around him. That he is a vampire. A bat who has simply donned a human skin. Dark angel sent from heaven to hunt the souls if criminals. Shit like that.

When you are a criminal and you see Punisher, you think: "Okay, this is it. I am dead". You KNOW whats going to happen. When you are a criminal and you see Batman, you don't know what will happen. Will he suck your soul out? Drink your blood? Torture you? Or do something even worse? Will he take out your family with you? You don't know anything.

If I was a criminal, I'd be scared shitless when I saw the Punisher coming, but I knew that all he could to is to shoot, stab or beat me to death. With Batman, it's different.

At least with classic Batman it was, don't know these days.

Gotta say Batman here too. I like the way how Punisher is a normal man with army training and stuff, and he has his one man war with only normal guns and weapons, but the story of a man whose parents are killed, and he trains himself to perfection in body and mind to hunt down the criminals of the world? That just does it to me.

Punisher. He's just obsessed with his hunting of criminals, and he does not let anyone, even law to stop him. He is an anti-hero, he gets rid of criminals for good. Unlike Batman, he ensures that they will not do crimes anymore, EVER.

Punisher. The current jacket with skull T-Shirt is probably the most badass costume ever, even though it is not really an costume. Especially when drawn by Tim Bradsheet:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Punisher_22.jpg

Punisher 11 out of 10. Some of the shit he has done is insane. And he does not have anything to lose anymore. He'll be always as brutal as he wants.

Punisher. In Daredevil, when he killed that pimp to get in prison and when the police took his gun, all confidential to shoot him. Then he turned around, with his arms in the air, and the cop saw the skull. Frank had his arms in the air, telling that he will surrender, and the cop was still scared shitless, calling for backup. That was so badass.

Excellent post, I agree with pretty much all of it. I really like how at night the only thing visible on the Punisher's costume would be the skull...that's badass to me.

The only thing that I might not agree with would be the most badass moment, there's too many to count, so I don't really know who would win that one. But, the one you mention does sounds badass to the maxtreme.

jgiant
The fact that punisher has no money but the money he steals from the scum he kills makes him more badass than a pretty boy who is a billionaire from birth...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.