Magneto vs Apollo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Can the King of the Sun win?

He's coming back from a sundip...........And does anybody know Apollos topspeed?? His dives are perfection.

lilnutta12
whos apollo again i forget

UniOmni
Superman type from Wildstorm.

lilnutta12
what magneto is it - movie - classic - cartoon - evolution - hom - 100%

UniOmni
100%

lilnutta12
well unless apollo has some real good feats he is more than f**ked

DigiMark007
Meh, Mag's is wily, but Apollo has to be the favorite here. Magneto is pushing the barrier between Earth-level and Cosmic-level, but Apollo should be considered cosmic in nearly any sense of the word.

And while Apollo might not be upper-tier cosmic (he isn't), he's definitely got a few impressive feats that put him among herald level people.

If he's coming back from a sundip, he's near Superman's level. And who honestly thinks Mags could put down DC's golden boy?

...the Authority respect thread is beneath my sig if anyone's interested.

Validus
I'm still wondering why Apollo and Majestic haven't gone toe to toe yet. Majestic would win but the match up would still be cool to see.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Validus
I'm still wondering why Apollo and Majestic haven't gone toe to toe yet. Majestic would win but the match up would still be cool to see.

And Majestic's planet-moving feat was with help (some power gloves or somesuch) so he's not that far beyond Apollo. I realize Majestic should win, but it would be a helluva fight. And givent the amount of respect Majestic gets and the lack of respect Apollo gets on this forum, it would help his image too.

...just look at the fights. Apollo regularly gets matched with Magneto, Namor, etc. Majestic fights Thanos, Surfer, etc. roll eyes (sarcastic)

UniOmni
Magneto, imo would have very good odds at beating Apollo, and Majestic as well.
Neither are as durable as Superman, and neither have a plot device shield that comes standard.

With prep, Majestic developes a item that nullifies the shield and one punches Magneto, but without it, he's kinda screwed.

Force won't work. Energy blasts won't work. And while he can nullify their energy attacks, they can't do the same. And as said before, his can hurt them very badly.

Majestic moved the planets under his own power. The gloves just held them together, so he wouldn't go through it.

Validus
The planet moving gloves were only to maintain the structure of the planets but it was his strength doing the work.

Apollo's strength isn't really beyond Namor level from what I've seen. He has some cool feats but so does Namor what with one shotting Beta Ray Bill (probably a bit of PIS).

UniOmni
Namor is powerful. He just isn't as mainstream as others, so his rep suffers.

batdude123
Magneto for the win. yes

Soleran
If you take speed out of this, no way Apollo is going to beat Magneto.........................EM=visible light spectrum=no more Apollo

batdude123
Originally posted by Soleran
If you take speed out of this, no way Apollo is going to beat Magneto.........................EM=visible light spectrum=no more Apollo

In this case with Apollo, speed wouldn't matter that much. smile So I'm sorry, your precious SPEEDBLITZ is thrown out the window. stick out tongue

DigiMark007
The planet moving gloves were only to maintain the structure of the planets but it was his strength doing the work.

Apollo's strength isn't really beyond Namor level from what I've seen. He has some cool feats but so does Namor what with one shotting Beta Ray Bill (probably a bit of PIS).

Strength, sure. I'll agree there. But Apollo's much mroe versatile otherwise. It's hardly a fair match-up.

That's just it, you can't tkae out the speed element. Mags has the potential to take Apollo out, but he's damn fast in addition to being herald-level in strength and energy-projection. Too many avenues for victory.

Not 10/10, but probably 8.

Soleran
Originally posted by batdude123
In this case with Apollo, speed wouldn't matter that much. smile So I'm sorry, your precious SPEEDBLITZ is thrown out the window. stick out tongue

No I agree, especially if Magento knows he is coming from the Sun already..............................

Validus
Apollo and Namor not being a fair match up has more to do with Apollo having the ability to shoot Namor's weakness out of his eyes rather than Apollo being outright superior to him.

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007

That's just it, you can't tkae out the speed element. Mags has the potential to take Apollo out, but he's damn fast in addition to being herald-level in strength and energy-projection. Too many avenues for victory.

Not 10/10, but probably 8.

Nah. Apollo may be underrated on these forums, but Magneto with all the power he wields it's even hard to convince people he's above Iron Man or Hulk. roll eyes (sarcastic) Magneto isn't arguably the most powerful man on the planet for nothing. wink He'd take the majority.

DigiMark007

Validus
Magneto ISN'T the most powerful man on the planet and there is NO argument about it.

Soleran
He EMP'd Pheonix Jean Grey gave her a stroke, the end. Thats pretty high lvl.

DigiMark007

H. S. 6
Who the hell is getting the idea that Magneto is a cosmic level being? No less, the most powerful person on the planet? eer

Validus
He EMP'd Pheonix Jean Grey gave her a stroke, the end. Thats pretty high lvl.
Jean is a loser and always will be a loser.

batdude123
DAMMIT people!!! See, this is what I was talking about. roll eyes (sarcastic) I thought that MAYBE people could see what kind of power Magneto wields, but no. Everybody just assumes he's low level because he's a "mutie." roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Who the hell is getting the idea that Magneto is a cosmic level being? No less, the most powerful person on the planet? eer

He is a herald level person. roll eyes (sarcastic)

UniOmni
I'm not going to say Magneto is THE most powerful being on the planet, but he's definitely up there. Easily.

Taken on the avengers, Xmen, Xfactor.
The guy is powerful, whether you wanna admit it or not.

And Apollo is pretty much a battery waiting to be drained.

Same as Superman, but Apollo lacks the shield that makes Magneto vs Superman debates so heated.

And Apollo did sterilize the moon. He didn't, however, do it in one blast. It was a process.

And as long as Magnetos shields are up, i see him winning the majority. Apollo has been hurt by far less than what Magneto can generate.

The reason most people see Magneto as low tier, is because of the people he faces regularly. Xmen, ie mutants, ie bottom of the barrel except for a select few.

Magneto is trapped. As is Darkseid, and Sinestro. He has become defined by those he fights, and is now stuck there.

But he is far above the Xmen in power. Far far above.

But he isn't herald level. No such thing.

He's herald class though, imo. His application of power, and the nature of his defenses are what makes him so strong.

batdude123

Scoobless

They almost did in the Captain Atom limited series... but the Doctor froze Majestic just before he went to kick the crap out of Apollo and Midnighter

batdude123
Magneto ISN'T the most powerful man on the planet and there is NO argument about it.

That's a self-proclaimed title. roll eyes (sarcastic) And yes, he's up there.

Validus
Nobody said he's low level. We just said he isn't close to being the most powerful man on Earth. That line has been in Eric's bio ever since Marvel Earth consisted of Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Genis-Vell, Quasar, the Molecule Man, and others.

Scoobless
What's the deal with the glowing circle that's always around Apollo's head?

batdude123
Nobody said he's low level. We just said he isn't close to being the most powerful man on Earth. That line has been in Eric's bio ever since Marvel Earth consisted of Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Silver Surfer, Genis-Vell, Quasar, the Molecule Man, and others.

I wouldn't say it's too much of a stretch that Magneto=Thor.

UniOmni
Yeah, that is a stretch batdude. Thor >>> Magneto by quite a bit.

Magneto >>> Avengers Thor, but his own title Thor?? He voids the shield and punches Erik.

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
I wouldn't say it's too much of a stretch that Magneto=Thor.
Considering Thor himself has shown EM manipulation on a planetary scale and considering the raw power of his Godly Essence Blast, yeah, thats one hell of a stretch.

batdude123
Kitty want some candy. happy

UniOmni
But Magneto does have the ability to beat Apollo straightup. Shields trump Apollo, and the energy he can use can put him down hard, if not kill him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.