Wolverine vs Telepaths

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmarksthespot
No particular order to this. They can only use their telepathy.

1. Classic Psylocke
2. Emma Frost
3. Charles Xavier
4. Cassandra Nova
5. Martian Manhunter
6. Aquaman
7. Despero
8. Hector Hammond
9. Rachel Grey
10. Moondragon with the Mind Gem

Who does he beat? smile

capt it up
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

1. Classic Psylocke
2. Emma Frost
3. Charles Xavier
4. Cassandra Nova
5. Martian Manhunter
6. Aquaman
7. Despero
8. Hector Hammond
9. Rachel Grey

Who does he beat? smile
depends how far he is away from them.
he can go full animal and make it quite hard for them to reach him, but that only for so much time

xmarksthespot
They're in the Danger Room.

Prove this immunity to telepathy.

capt it up
They're in the Danger Room.

Prove this immunity to telepathy.

jinzin
he's not completely immune.. just VERY HIGHLY resistant... his will power, animalistic nature, and what the weapon x project did to him makes it very difficult for telepaths to have an effect on him, also they run the risk of becoming insane by trying to dive in his thoughts.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by jinzin
he's not completely immune.. just VERY HIGHLY resistant... his will power, animalistic nature, and what the weapon x project did to him makes it very difficult for telepaths to have an effect on him, also they run the risk of becoming insane by trying to dive in his thoughts. Not so resistant to stop Emma Frost in her first appearance knocking him and two other X-Men out cold with her telepathy. Or to prevent being controlled or manipulated by Mesmero, Sauron, Emma, Cassandra Nova and Quentin Quire. Or to render telepathic communication at all difficult.

jinzin
communication? I thought we were discussing more on the matter of invading his mind or attacking his mind.

also of course he has low end and high end feats.. I'm surprised though that you brought up mesmero as an example since it's mesmero who's had some of the hardest trouble trying to impose his will over logan. he even referenced how hard it was...

xmarksthespot
Mesmero is a two-bit psionic hypnotist and still managed to do it. Add to the list the Ladies Mastermind iirc.

capt it up
Mesmero is a two-bit psionic hypnotist and still managed to do it. Add to the list the Ladies Mastermind iirc.
mesmero was only able to after wolverine had fought his whole team for hours

jinzin
he managed to do it to the entire x-team... two-bit you say?

meh, I'm not really interested in defending wolverine against telepaths, but the fact remains there have been multiple instances where people trying to attack his psychie have had trouble, or been beacklashed upon. that's all I came here to say really.

xmarksthespot
he managed to do it to the entire x-team... two-bit you say?

meh, I'm not really interested in defending wolverine against telepaths, but the fact remains there have been multiple instances where people trying to attack his psychie have had trouble, or been beacklashed upon. that's all I came here to say really. Which instances and which telepaths?

jinzin
aside from the mesmero one, there was an instant where pheonix was trying to render wolverine helpless through telepathy and he just wouldn't quit, I think either on that same occasion or another she got rendered unconcious from a backlash... another instance (not telepathic though but food for though) is when ogun tried to overtake logan and logan's mental state was more than enough to for ogun to bare.

xmarksthespot
So aside from the Mesmero one where Mesmero still ended up managing to hypnotise him. The Phoenix couldn't take over Wolverine's mind. eer

Non-telepathic, inconsequential to what I'm interested in.

MrHeavySilence
Astonishing X-Men taught me that Wolverine isn't getting past Cassandra Nova.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Astonishing X-Men taught me that Wolverine isn't getting past Cassandra Nova. According to some... that, of all things, is PIS.

Tha C-Master
I know he has resistance to mind reading, but Charles has put him down. I think he should do just fine, along with anyone else on that list.

Metalmanx

1. Classic Psylocke
2. Emma Frost
3. Charles Xavier
4. Cassandra Nova
5. Martian Manhunter
6. Aquaman
7. Despero
8. Hector Hammond
9. Rachel Grey

Who does he beat? smile

No one. Psylocke takes his ass down from the get-go.

ExodusCloak
Emma has also rendered Wolverine useless in an instant by shutting off his subconsicous reflexes which he has no control over.(House of M)
This is not a bash at Emma but any telepath worth a grain of salt can screw with subconscience reflexes so Wolverine loses all the time to any decent telepath.
Plus even if they do decide to give him a chance and let him stab them they can always mentally linger around their dying body, evict his mind and mindjack his body.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Emma has also rendered Wolverine useless in an instant by shutting off his subconsicous reflexes which he has no control over.(House of M)
This is not a bash at Emma but any telepath worth a grain of salt can screw with subconscience reflexes so Wolverine loses all the time to any decent telepath.
Plus even if they do decide to give him a chance and let him stab them they can always mentally linger around their dying body, evict his mind and mindjack his body.

Oooh, all good points there. yes

Tha C-Master
Plus even if they do decide to give him a chance and let him stab them they can always mentally linger around their dying body, evict his mind and mindjack his body. He "didn't quit" with the Phoenix, so that means none of them can take him you fool! mad lol

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
He "didn't quit" with the Phoenix, so that means none of them can take him you fool! mad lol

You are joking aren't you? I'm making an Emma Frost respect thread soon and I've come across three instances where Emma has controlled Wolverine.

1.)In House of M Emma renders him and six other superheroes useless by shutting off their subconscience reflexes
2.)Astonishing X-Men Emma breaks the fight between him and Beast telepathically. She forces them both to break and bow.
3.)Emma's first appearance she schools Wolverine, Storm and some other person.

I'll put up scans for you when I finish scanning 30 more pages.

Also when has the Phoenix actually tried shutting of Wolverines brain?

Again Wolverine loses to any decent telepath. All the time even if they allow him to stab them.

Tha C-Master
You are joking aren't you? I'm making an Emma Frost respect thread soon and I've come across three instances where Emma has controlled Wolverine.

1.)In House of M Emma renders him and six other superheroes useless by shutting off their subconscience reflexes
2.)Astonishing X-Men Emma breaks the fight between him and Beast telepathically. She forces them both to break and bow.
3.)Emma's first appearance she schools Wolverine, Storm and some other person.

I'll put up scans for you when I finish scanning 30 more pages.

Also when has the Phoenix actually tried shutting of Wolverines brain?

Again Wolverine loses to any decent telepath. All the time even if they allow him to stab them. I was joking in reference to the last page, lol. My sarcasm can be a little hard to get... laughing out loud

Blair Wind
no expression resistant to telepathy What the f**k?

ExodusCloak
I was joking in reference to the last page, lol. My sarcasm can be a little hard to get... laughing out loud

Sorry about that the, I find interpreting internet tone really, really difficult. The smilies help though, this one especially
= > roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tha C-Master
You mean like the "angry" emoticon that I used. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ExodusCloak
You mean like the "angry" emoticon that I used. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yep, that's what threw me off the most.

Blair Wind
no expression

Darth Martin
Martian Manhunter should be above AM.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Martian Manhunter should be above AM.

The list is in no particular order.

Darth Martin
Gotcha

Soleran
Wolverine should be able to get shutdown by just about any decent power level TP. Forget trying to own his mind, shut down how his medulla oblongata works!

Metalmanx
Again, Psylocke stops his ass from the very start.

willRules
Who does he beat?

1. Classic Psylocke - Logan Loses most probably
2. Emma Frost- I'm 50/50 on this
3. Charles Xavier - Logan stands virtually no chance here
4. Cassandra Nova- Same as Xavier
5. Martian Manhunter- Same as Xavier
6. Aquaman- I don't know Aquaman well enough
7. Despero- See aquaman
8. Hector Hammond- see Aquaman
9. Rachel Grey - See Xavier
10. Moondragon with the Mind Gem - See Xavier

Who does he beat? smile

In Jim Lee's X-men run, Psylocke beat Logan fairly easily, although he was a little ill at the time. I definitely don't see Logan getting past Xavier.

IMO he stops at Xavier if I'm being very generous to Logan.

Tha C-Master
How does he pull that 50% on emma?

Superherovandal
he won't do anything to hector hammond or aquaman or despero either. hh and despero are > than MM in terms of telepathy.

Soljer
He doesn't.

willRules
How does he pull that 50% on emma?

Emma is one of the weaker telepaths, if I'm being generous, If Logan stands a chance against any of these guys its her. But it could still go either way..................

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by willRules
Emma is one of the weaker telepaths, if I'm being generous, If Logan stands a chance against any of these guys its her. But it could still go either way..................

Hell no, Emma is weak in terms of energy projection when compared to the telepaths at the top of chain ie Exodus, Xavier, Nova, Jean, Moondragon etc. These top tier telepaths are able to produce more energy then she but she is still considered a telepath of the first order because of her skills. She mastered her skills at such a young age and these skills allowed her to school Rachel Grey in a telepathic battle.
She has placed herself in a psychic coma to save her life when the sentinels attacked the Hellfire club so even if she gave Wolverine a chance to stab her(Which he won't) she could always mindjack his body.

So generous or not, Emma kills Wolverine all the time by causing him to orgasm to death.

I have three occassions where she effortlessly made Wolverine and his groupies redundant.

BTW How does Wolverine stand no chance against Rachel if her skills as a telepath can't even hold a candle to Emma's?

willRules
ok Fair enough point. Logan is just as screwed against Emma as well smile

Tha C-Master
Orgasm to death lol...

ExodusCloak
ok Fair enough point. Logan is just as screwed against Emma as well smile

Cool, well I'll be putting up Emma's respect thread soon, I've scanned 500+ pages so far, still have to sort them out to groups.

Orgasm to death lol...

She did it minus the death part to a crowd of people who were protesting outside the institute. ;D

willRules
Cool, well I'll be putting up Emma's respect thread soon, I've scanned 500+ pages so far, still have to sort them out to groups.

Schweeet big grin how long before that's u and running then?

ExodusCloak
Schweeet big grin how long before that's u and running then?

Maybe a day or two it all depends how long it takes me to host 500+ scans.
Very odd there are three occassions where she uses telekinesis unwittingly.

jinzin
He "didn't quit" with the Phoenix, so that means none of them can take him you fool! mad lol roll eyes (sarcastic) same ol' C, same ol' Crap... no expression

xmarksthespot
roll eyes (sarcastic) same ol' C, same ol' Crap... no expression Any scans of the alleged Phoenix can't control Wolverine incident... erm

Tha C-Master
roll eyes (sarcastic) same ol' C, same ol' Crap... no expression You said it... laughing

Brute predator
telepath i forgot who he was

jinzin
Any scans of the alleged Phoenix can't control Wolverine incident... erm nope.. my scanner's busted.. been that way for some time now.. erm

xmarksthespot
nope.. my scanner's busted.. been that way for some time now.. erm What's the comic and issue?

jinzin
hmmm don't remember.. lemme go look for it an' all get back to you.

spiderboy5
I wonder how Batman would fair against these telepaths, would there be any difference since his Willpower is also very powerful.(Sorry to be off topic, but could someone just answer me?) big grin

bbrem123
u should have put onslaught in there....that thing messes with minds

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by spiderboy5
I wonder how Batman would fair against these telepaths, would there be any difference since his Willpower is also very powerful.(Sorry to be off topic, but could someone just answer me?) big grin He gets orgasmed to death but at least he dies happy.

The Fake Macoy
Wolverine stops at one. Telepaths own him and almost everyone else.

jinzin
I WILL END YOU! mad

xmarksthespot
confused

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3282/untitled1rk2.th.jpg

happy

jinzin
confused

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3282/untitled1rk2.th.jpg

happy sick

Grimm22
According to some... that, of all things, is PIS.

How the f*** is that PIS?!?!? What the f**k?

Grimm22
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
Wolverine stops at one. Telepaths own him and almost everyone else.

co-signed big grin

xmarksthespot
Bumpity bump.

DarkCrawler
Xavier has taken Wolverine down without a blink. He didn't even look at him and Wolverine fell down. I have a scan.

Perhaps it is hard to read his mind, but telepaths should not have any difficulties taking him down psychically.

Tha C-Master
I agree, I have also seen instances of him being knocked out in this manner, if the telepaths were having a hard time taking him out, and they were around Psylocke/Emma level or above, it was most likely a plot device.

Metalmanx

1. Classic Psylocke
2. Emma Frost
3. Charles Xavier
4. Cassandra Nova
5. Martian Manhunter
6. Aquaman
7. Despero
8. Hector Hammond
9. Rachel Grey

Who does he beat? smile

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

All of them. no expression

riceroost
Since Wolverine has flat out blocked Cassandra Nova's Telepathy without even really going berserk he should have at least a 50/50 chance against anyone Xavier level. Anyone lower he should be able to stop if he knows the attack is coming.

It seems pretty obvious that these TPs (with the exception of maybe Psylocke) can turn him off if they sneak a Telepathic KO in (Emma, Xavier, Cassandra have all done it to him.) but if he knows it's coming he has had several very impressive showings against telepaths.

New X-Men he blanked Cassandra Nova's TP.
During the Phoenix era he lasted longer than any other X-Man against Mesmero, even the almighty Phoenix. He was then the first X-Man to break free of the telepathic control.
Wolverine killed a power mimicking Warskrull of Professor X in Uncanny # 276.
Psylocke was unable to read/predict his movements in their fight when she was Lady Mandarin.
One of the stepford Cuckoos says in Warsong # 1 that Wolverine's movements cannot be gleaned telepathically because he doesn't conciously think all the time when he fights.
Ogun can't posses him because his mind is too bestial.
Mr. X can't read his mind when he's berserk.
Jean Grey feinted in the AOA trying to snap Wolverine out of a berzerker rage.
AOA Wolverine states that more experienced telepaths than Jean Grey have fried their own brains trying to telepathically control his mind.

Wolverine does get KOed by telepaths, but a lot of the time it's because he's not paying attention to them and doing something else.
Magneto War: Xavier turns off his mind, but Wolverine was about to rush Magneto at the time.
Astonishing: Emma controlls 2 berserkers at the same time, but neither was fightign her at the time.
Astonishing: Cassandra TP snipes Wolverine when he's looking for Beast.

Needless to say anyone below Xavier level and even him maybe runs the risk of going insane every time they use telepathy on him. The guy is nuckin futs.

Soleran
LoL Wolverine being able to stop any TP is just a joke. Tp's can control the basal functions of their minds and do things that you cannot control what so ever.

Anyway TP'ers take down Wolverine as far as the list goes I'm not going to nitpick............

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by riceroost
Since Wolverine has flat out blocked Cassandra Nova's Telepathy without even really going berserk he should have at least a 50/50 chance against anyone Xavier level. Anyone lower he should be able to stop if he knows the attack is coming. He has never blocked Cassandra Nova's telepathy. He has bluffed to distract her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.