who will elizabeth fall for?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

POTC lover xoxo
who do you think elizabeth will fall for in the end and what do you think will is going to do about the kiss.... i just want to no your opinion... smile

LovelyOne
We already have a massive disussion of this going on in another thread lol

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f69/t411874.html

I think its going to be jack. There are more than enough hints and symbols and messages that point that way.

I dont think Will is going to like what she is becoming. He is going to be more hurt when he finds out about what Liz did to jack..than how jack is about the whole thing its like "I've lost the honest and good natured part of you that I fell in love with, how can I trust you?"

Jack on the other hand is loving the fact he has broken Liz and brought her down to his level.. he loved that whole betrayal..you could see how turned on he was by what she was doing. She was also getting off on what she was doing..She didnt do that for the others she did it for herself. To feel like a pirate..

DRAKONS
Jack the Black

POTC lover xoxo
o sorry i didnt see the other one lol ya i agree

LovelyOne
Originally posted by POTC lover xoxo
o sorry i didnt see the other one lol ya i agree

Hey no worries. I just mentioned it incase you wanted to read up on some more theories of their possible relationship smile

brokenxxheart14
deff. jack yes

jackisback4me1
she will abviously go with Will because i read the list of the cast for the 3rd movie and it said Elizabeth TURNER not Elizabeth Swann Elizabeth Turner!!!! if you ever have time go and look for yourself im not joking look it up on google.ca and read the cast list ( the only reason i made this account was to tell you people that now you so bye)

jackisback4me1
Well shes abviousley going with William Turner because i went on googl.ca and i read the cast list for the 3rd movie and it said Elizabeth TURNER not Elizabeth Swann Elizabeth Turner wich meens there married so stop worrying go cheak it out for yourself on google.ca ok bye

LovelyOne
Originally posted by jackisback4me1
she will abviously go with Will because i read the list of the cast for the 3rd movie and it said Elizabeth TURNER not Elizabeth Swann Elizabeth Turner!!!! if you ever have time go and look for yourself im not joking look it up on google.ca and read the cast list ( the only reason i made this account was to tell you people that now you so bye)

Then why are the directors putting emphasis on the fact that Will/Liz relationship is doomed like Davy Jones tragic love story if it means nothing in the relationship department?? Its like tease the audience with aload of tension and then "oh wait lets just sell out and make the ending happily ever after and boring" THAT MAKES SENSE LOL

Maybe they will get married in the beginning, but remember Liz has already shown us she is becoming unfaithful and Will isnt giving her the satisfaction she craves (whats going to make her character change back to good old Lizzie so quickly?)... she might run away from Will causing him to be heartbroken "live his destiny" (in Tia's own words) and cut his heart out?

blackpearl44
^^ You have way to many good points LOL I always agree with you. smile

that is so true......there is soo much info from the first and second movie that backs up Jack/Liz........even the way Liz and Jack first met, Jack saves Liz's life......

LovelyOne
Originally posted by blackpearl44
^^ You have way to many good points LOL I always agree with you. smile

that is so true......there is soo much info from the first and second movie that backs up Jack/Liz........even the way Liz and Jack first met, Jack saves Liz's life......
LOl aww thanks smile So do you..we are quite a team big grin

Seriously though..The fact that her name reads Elizabeth Turner doesn't make me think THATS how Disney are going to make it end up. I'm pretty confident it won't because there are too many clues and hints that reveal their relationship is completley doomed..Movie writers dont just build up so much tension and then ease it out like air in a baloon... they are going to pop it and cause a shocker... one HELL of a shocker.

blackpearl44
^^ Exactly, there is just to much evidence through the first and second movies.

LovelyOne
Trilogies rarley end up with a similar "state of the norm" that they start out with...they always end with the characters changing from who they once were..

Blackpearl44. We are pretty confident based on what we have analysed..I mean we were right about them making a Will/Davy similarity..I think these Will/Liz supporters will be eating crow.

Or we might..but I cant see why.

blackpearl44
I agree^^ and in that interview I posted in the POTC 3 stills thread, the interview with the director, he said this:

"You're going to see the pirate lords and a lot more of the Davy Jones love story -- what went wrong and why he did what he did -- and how that mirrors Will and Elizabeth's love story".

Ha.......

here's the link again

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3738494a1870,00.html

DRAKONS
My ass

LovelyOne
Originally posted by DRAKONS
My ass
My ass to what? It came straight from the Directors mouth roll eyes (sarcastic)

DRAKONS
No i mean The who will elizabeth fall for?Anwser:My Ass

blackpearl44
^^ That really makes no sense.....

DRAKONS
Ah i got bored

jackisback4me1
OMG what is up with you people is a movie and the hints are there just to bugg you about it i mean it is bugging you because you wouldnt be debating about it elizabeth and will are made for each other and jack is fo HOTT but will deserves elizabeth more then jack dose and as for all the hints there just there to confuse you ok Elizabeth and William will be together you will see i bet you ENYTHING i mean did you see the look they gave each other when they first meet on the ship from the crossing from englind when she tolled him she was watching over him is was beautiful, and did you see at the end of the first movie when Will toled Elizabeth that he loved her and did you see in the 2nd movie when she was thinking of him on the ship, then norrington came and said "there was a time when i would give enyhting for you to look or think of me like that" or some thing like that...did you see her face... and when jack was all like in the 2nd movie that he can preform a wedding on the ship and she was all grossed out...Wiil and Elizabeth are made for each other ok you will see in the 3rd movie

jackisback4me1
No i mean The who will elizabeth fall for?Anwser:My Ass

hey who ever posted that its funny
lol

lmao
rofl

brokenxxheart14
no there nott there are way to many clues to back up the liz/jack thing. and if it says elizabeth turner then she prob. gets married but then says no or somethen like that

jackisback4me1
if she would have said no then her name wouldnt have been ELIZABETH TURNER

brokenxxheart14
well they wouldnt give out this info yet anyways

jackisback4me1
its the cast list

and please do explain because i dont understand

brokenxxheart14
w/e i dont know

jackisback4me1
i dont know you may be right but if the cast list sais Elizabeth Turner then she must be married to him and shes a smart girl so she wouldnt marrie someone she dosent like and if she would have said no at the wedding he name wouldnt have been Elizabeth Turner

brokenxxheart14
i just looked at the cast list it says elizabeth swann still...

jackisback4me1
no im looking at the cast list right now and the offitial potc website and it sais Elizabeth Turner

brokenxxheart14
okkkee

lady_captinjack
im looking at it too and it says elizabeth swann....what sites are u lookin at?

LovelyOne
i dont know you may be right but if the cast list sais Elizabeth Turner then she must be married to him and shes a smart girl so she wouldnt marrie someone she dosent like and if she would have said no at the wedding he name wouldnt have been Elizabeth Turner

Thing is this movie shows us that she seems to be with Will who she thinks she wants but really doesnt...So the wedding could be something she thinks she wants..but really doesnt. It would make sense. She just needs the final wakeup call and Jack is that wakeup call.

She's in a lot of confusion about what she wants..but I would say that last scene where she chained Jack up shows us where her heart truly lies. (with the pirate lifestyle)

If what the director says about Davy/Will relationship similarities is true then Liz leaving him whilst she is married or about to be married would mean the davy/Will thing would come around full circle. and Things are supposed to come around full circle in Trilogies.

In films they dont add hints just to bug you..It HAS to mean something to the overall plot/story..you cant add things into a story that have no meaning because that would mean total confusion to the audience...everything we see happen in a movie has to have significance..So every little Jack/Liz, Will/Davy hint MEANS SOMETHING...The little hints that Will isnt right for Liz MEAN SOMETHING..they dont just add aload of non sensical crap into a movie to just bug you and then make the ending contradict the hints..come on you should know this.

you say they are meant for eachother..HELLO what movie were you watching? If this movie was meant to show that Liz and Will were perfect for eachother then why the heck were they not even together throughout most of it? Why did Liz change into a piratre..Why did Will set off to save her then completley forget about her?

LovelyOne
Why did the compass point at jack 3 times? Why did the compass point at Liz's location twice after jack thought it was broken? Why did Liz look dissapointed Jack pulled away from the kiss, why did she go in to kiss him then pul away AFTER she chained him up? Why did her character change into a pirate? Why is Will/Lizs relationship mirroring what happened to Davy Jones? OH they added all that just to BUG us didnt they..it means nothing Jack/Liz are going to forget about all that in the next movie and so is Will..its all going to mean nothing.....yea RIGHT so you are saying the stuff means nothing to the next story? Liz/Jack/Will developed as characters in movie 2 but they are going to go back to normal like nothing changed in the next one? Well what was the point of making the second movie then if everything that happened between the charaters, all the hints/character developments meant nothing?.

LovelyOne
in the 2nd movie when she was thinking of him on the ship, then norrington came and said "there was a time when i would give enyhting for you to look or think of me like that" or some thing like that...did you see her face... and when jack was all like in the 2nd movie that he can preform a wedding on the ship and she was all grossed out...Wiil and Elizabeth are made for each other ok you will see in the 3rd movie

You need to watch that scene again I think. Jack basically makes a sexual suggestion to her, Liz pretends she's disgusted then walks away but seconds later is secretly smiling about what jack just said...When she realises Norrington is there she quickly stands up trying to hide the fact she was smiling. Norrington accuses her of liking Jack in that way and she goes into denial saying "I don't know what you mean" he says "I think you do" she says "Oh don't be silly I trust him thats all" which is a lie. She secretly liked the thought of what Jack suggested. Then the compass points right at Jack suggesting that it really IS him she wants her face tells all.. She's like "no..no its not jack" she's in complete denial about her true feelings for him.

In the scene where he offerers a wedding to her she is in denial again..she's like eww no way..but then only seconds later she is trying to make him Kiss her and is clearly disappointed that He pulled away. That scene was the perfect example of what was happening to her throughout the movie which was She was pretending to herself that she stands for one thing whilst secretly wanting another. She was pretending she was honorable but in reality she wanted to be bad like a pirate. She wanted that kiss from him there but didn't get it and she looked disappointed and pouted over it lol.

blackpearl44
^^ Exactly.....Will has hardly even BEEN with Liz since the middle of the first movie.......and I keep reminding everybody about how Liz and Jack first met........HE SAVED HER LIFE........

LovelyOne
Originally posted by blackpearl44
^^ Exactly.....Will has hardly even BEEN with Liz since the middle of the first movie.......and I keep reminding everybody about how Liz and Jack first met........HE SAVED HER LIFE........

EXACTLY! Jack from the offset makes a greater impact on her life than Will ever has.

IMO, All the little hints are overshadowed with "oh it could mean that though moments" because by this point in the movies the characters haven't accepted what they really want..its meant to be flying over their heads. It gives the characters a reason to still be in denial about the whole situation. and thats what this movie was about with Liz/Jack..its all about the subconscious feelings they have for one another and what they do to cover them up.

Think about it every hint between the two did this. It was covered up with either denial and/or "Oh but it could mean this moments"

The end scene was the one that completely sorted that out though..they both realized what they wanted what they were covering up through the film. I still don't think they know what they defiantly want yet (cuz it has to continue to the next movie) but that scene defiantly was some kind of wakeup call for both characters..

brokenxxheart14
there are so many hints that point to jack /liz

lady_captinjack
thats true, she wants him. you can see that all through out the 2nd movie. she he cares for her, otherwise he wouldnt have come back to help her on the ship.

brokenxxheart14
yea i thouhgt that was so cute did he come back cus she was on the ship? or he overall just felt bad leaving everyone

lady_captinjack
well he mite of felt bad but prolly mostly b/c she was on it and she depended on him

brokenxxheart14
yea it was so cute wen she held onto his leg

lady_captinjack
i know, that was cute

brokenxxheart14
i love that whole scene. i want there to be a scene in the 3rd movie where like jack has to save elizabeth or something idk...so then shell like him even more or something

lady_captinjack
yea that would be cute

LovelyOne
I think she would actually respect Jack more for allowing her to save herself when in trouble. She's already shown us that its not what she wants from will.

Supergurl_mia
hey yawl, im kinda new at this but i was readin ur other replys and i think that elizabeth will go with will.

i think that the producers threw the whole jack/ elizabeth love twist in there for more conflict int he movie. i also think that they know better than to get jack and elizabeth together. will and elizabeth are supposed to be together, and plus... capt jack sparrow cant be married!

lady_captinjack
well i know ur right and they will be together, but its very amuzing for all of us to think about the idea of jack and elizabeth

brokenxxheart14
i think if they do put will and liz together its gonna be boring

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Supergurl_mia
hey yawl, im kinda new at this but i was readin ur other replys and i think that elizabeth will go with will.

i think that the producers threw the whole jack/ elizabeth love twist in there for more conflict int he movie. i also think that they know better than to get jack and elizabeth together. will and elizabeth are supposed to be together, and plus... capt jack sparrow cant be married!

They are trying to make the Will/Liz story like Davy Jones' love story (from the directors mouth) and we all know how that story ended..pretty much doomed lol

If they were supposed to be together then Disney wouldnt have spent the entire of movie two making them grow apart. Liz has completley changed character..she's not the same girl Will fell for. She has become like a pirate..more suited to JAck, She has been developed as a character away from Will for a reason..So it would prepare people for a possible Jack/Liz relationship in the third.

There was also the compass that kept pointing to jack every time she held it

There was also the fact that the compass pointed to LIz every time Jack held it.

Theres also the fact that she wanted to kiss him earlier on in the movie but he pulled away.

Theres also the fact that she leant in to kiss him again after she had chained him up..She didnt just kiss him to betray him, she wanted him.

Also there is the whole fact that movie makers dont add aload of fake, meaningless moments into a film just to stir things up..Everything that happens in a film has to be part of the main story, so the Liz/Jack thing is going to be important in the next movie. You also dont develop a character like Liz into a pirate and then suddenly make her go back to being a caged bird like she was with Will. (yes the prison scene symbolises that) The whole point of the movie was to show you that she is not satisfied with Will and the life she leads with him.

Thats what makes me think that she's not going to go back to him..she has developed away from him, you cant make a character develop backwards into what they used to be. Either Will is going to have to change to suit her (which I doubt he will...we dont need two Jacks) or she will have to change back...which I very much doubt she will do. because characters dont develop backwards.

I dont think Liz is bothered with being married anymore...afterall she basically was unfaithful to Will..she's changed..I dont think she is one who will want to be married in the future..she wants to be a free spirit like JAck.

brokenxxheart14
lol yea will/liz are doomed.

lady_captinjack
Originally posted by brokenxxheart14
i think if they do put will and liz together its gonna be boring ^^true!!! u are so rite! i mean in the first one it was exciting, but now that liz a jack kissed, thats all anyone is going to think about and it will be so interesting to see how will, liz, and jack are going to deal with this...its much more exciting with jack and liz

brokenxxheart14
yea if they do put will/liz together people will be disapointed .....(like me) lol since there was just so much hints towards them and if they just wanted to put in jack as a twist they wouldnt put it around the whole movie basically. if that makes sence? lol

lady_captinjack
yea it does....they wouldnt have made it as a BIG deal at the end of the movie

LovelyOne
exactly^^^ they dont just build up to a climax where the characters truly do have such an amasing chemistry and then say "hey that wasnt important, It didnt mean anything" of course it did..otherwise Movie 2 wouldnt have ended the way it did.

lady_captinjack
its going to be such a big deal in the next movie

LovelyOne
In my opinion it would be one of THE biggest mistakes in Disney's history if they make Elizabeth Swann end up With Will turner after she has just had this amazing taster of a new life..and after the tremendous impact that scene has had on the franchise..its THE most talked about moment in the entire movie..in BOTH movies...You didn't get that when she ended up with Will did you?..It would be the most non sensical..most ridiculous concept EVER if they made her go back to Will IMO. Its like tease the audience with this amazing possibility and then say HA HA no you cant have it?? The audience wont be happy if Disney do that.

lady_captinjack
Originally posted by LovelyOne
In my opinion it would be one of THE biggest mistakes in Disney's history if they make Elizabeth Swann end up With Will turner after she has just had this amazing taster of a new life..and after the tremendous impact that scene has had on the franchise..its THE most talked about moment in the entire movie...You didn't get that when she ended up with Will did you?..It would be the most non sensical..most ridiculous concept EVER if they made her go back to Will IMO. Its like tease the audience with this amazing possibility and then say HA HA no you cant have it?? The audience wont be happy if Disney do that. soo true, um im having a blonde moment....whats imo mean?

brokenxxheart14
yea instead they'll be mad.....i guess or sad lol

lady_captinjack
they wont just be sad or mad they will be pissed off!

LovelyOne
In My Opinion smile

Supergurl_mia
i understand wat u guys are saying about jack and liz, but the idea of jack being tied down by marriage is all wrong! he capt. jack sparrow love, and i just cant picture him as a married man, especially with liz. im still rooting for will.
i guess we'll see in may!!

sithsaber408
This movie was ESB, for the pirates series.

Luke Skywalker? Check. (will turner, with a missing dad to boot.)

Princess Leah? Check. (elizabeth, becoming much more independant.)

Han Solo? Check.
(Obviously Captain Jack, who develops more of a relationship with the heroine, goes from rouge to hero, and is even "stuck in carbonite" at the end of the picture, and his friends need to go off and rescue him.)

Vader? Check. (davy Jones)

Emporer? Check. (the official who took over, forgot his name, that wants the compass.)

R2 and 3PO? Check. (the fat pirate, and the one with the wooden eyeball.)

Darker story which develops the characters, deepens the romance, introduces a father thought dead for the Luke character, and ends unresolved?

CHECK. big grin

Mark my words now,: Will Turner and Elizabeth are brother and sister.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by sithsaber408
This movie was ESB, for the pirates series.

Luke Skywalker? Check. (will turner, with a missing dad to boot.)

Princess Leah? Check. (elizabeth, becoming much more independant.)

Han Solo? Check.
(Obviously Captain Jack, who develops more of a relationship with the heroine, goes from rouge to hero, and is even "stuck in carbonite" at the end of the picture, and his friends need to go off and rescue him.)

Vader? Check. (davy Jones)

Emporer? Check. (the official who took over, forgot his name, that wants the compass.)

R2 and 3PO? Check. (the fat pirate, and the one with the wooden eyeball.)

Darker story which develops the characters, deepens the romance, introduces a father thought dead for the Luke character, and ends unresolved?

CHECK. big grin

Mark my words now,: Will Turner and Elizabeth are brother and sister.

LOL i love you man! so SO true!..that would be fooked up if they were what you said though lol

theres also the fact that Will has this whole gloomy destiny lingering over him. His story with Liz is mirroring Davy Jone's and he cut his heart out and turned evil...With Will, its anikin sky walker all over again eeekk

choosewisely
but it's also the same as harry potter and lord of the rings yes

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by LovelyOne
exactly^^^ they dont just build up to a climax where the characters truly do have such an amasing chemistry and then say "hey that wasnt important, It didnt mean anything" of course it did..otherwise Movie 2 wouldnt have ended the way it did.

You are so right. It's the whole chemistry thing. There is no chemistry between Will and Elizabeth. IT's a boring relationship - it might work in the real world, but this is the movies, where fantasies are fullfilled. Jack and Liz zizzle in their scenes together - and when you watch Pirates 1 its the same way. All during Pirates 1 I kept thinking they were going to have a moment, and they never did. That's what makes POTC 2 the most awesome movie ever - the action, adventure and the forbidden love story. And for you guys that keep saying it's Disney, they won't do anything like that - put a sweet innocent girl with an old crusty pirate. Come on,it's hollywood. Plus - most of the sexual innuendos go right over the children's heads - only the adults notice them. Plus, this one is rated PG 13 - not intended for children under 13! I was surprised by all the gorriness than anything else. I say Disney should also act like the Pirate it has endured to everyone - and give the audience what it wants most - more Jack and Liz in Pirates 3.

LovelyOne
EXACTLY every word you say rings so true to me.^^

Its a PIRATE STORY so its not going to be based around happy fluffy bunnies who never do anything wrong in the world and the good guy always wins. Not everything is going to turn out fairly for the characters..(since when do pirates think fairly?)...If they did base it like every other Disney movie theaudience are NOT going to buy it are they..

lady_captinjack
so true ^^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.