Tyrant VS Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fieldy69
Both have had epic battles against thanos but beat him in the end.
Who wins this one

Fieldy69
Anyone?

rotiart
Tyrant. Tyrant. Tyrant.

Odin all out had a worse showing against Thanos than Tyrant all out. And Tyrant wasn't even at full power yet. messed

leonheartmm
tyrant

celestialdemon
I want to say Tyrant, because I like him better, but it's really hard to say. Both showed their dominance of Thanos by being able to overpower him and put him on the ground. But considering a lot of people consider that to be a "bad" showing for Odin, I would have to go with Odin.

rotiart
How was that a bad showing in any right.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by rotiart

Bad showing in that Odin didn't really turn it on at anytime in the fight. To get an idea of what that would be, you need to see some of Odin's good showings. wink

BTW, Tyrant gets killed. Idiotic energy blasts vs the power to alter reality? Give me a break. Once Thor received the OdinPower he realized that extent of the near limitless power that Odin had available to him and wondered why Odin hadn't simply used the Odinpower to defeat all the threats to Asgard.

Mider
i dont really believe he could have done that even if he wanted, whats thor saying that he could have gone to the celestial home world and said hay your gonna die now cause im mad, or whatever tyrant toasts odin all the skyfathers couldnt even beat one celestial host could they?

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Mider
i dont really believe he could have done that even if he wanted, whats thor saying that he could have gone to the celestial home world and said hay your gonna die now cause im mad, or whatever tyrant toasts odin all the skyfathers couldnt even beat one celestial host could they?

On the contrary, it sounds like Thor is saying precisely that. Given the kinds of feats Odin accomplished in the early days it's quite reasonable.

As for Tyrant he was nowhere near equivalent to a celestial.

celestialdemon

Odin didn't fight Thanos nearly as hard as he fought others in his realm. Would he have been able to defeat Thanos if he did? Most likely, but I can't say for sure. However, I can say that if Odin was trying as hard to fight Thanos as he did, say, Surtur, that fight would have been even more one-sided than it was.

celestialdemon

The difference is that Odin was already beating Thanos down without going all out. He proved his superiority to Thanos already. Thor has yet to prove anything against the Celestials.

And as Boston said, Tyrant is nowhere near the level of a Celestial, at least not the Tyrant that fought Thanos.

rotiart
Tyrants best showing is against a full powered galactus. What has Odin ever done to Galactus, a being capable to killing Celestials.

Tyrant however, nearly bested Galactus, but in the end, had to run.

Odin's best bet against the Celestials was the Destroyer... and remember what the Celestials did to that thing!? *snap*

MJOILNIR
Im begining to think(or have been for a while) that galactus would have his hands full with a celestial. Im not one to use low showings, in fact I dont but I cant help but mention Galactus's low showings here. For the powerset of the character he has some of the worst showings ever. If a writer needs a ***** among the galactic hierarchy then he's always it. On the other hand celestials dont have bad showings. Im sure galactus should be able to slay a celestial but the way he's always written Im not sure he would do it. Galactus gets weak with hunger, celestials dont.

celestialdemon
Tyrants best showing is against a full powered galactus. What has Odin ever done to Galactus, a being capable to killing Celestials.

Odin's best bet against the Celestials was the Destroyer... and remember what the Celestials did to that thing!? *snap*

I have no doubt that Tyrant at full power would destroy Odin. But then this wouldn't be much of a thread if it was full powered Tyrant. Since the creator of the thread mentioned both their respective battles against Thanos, I decided to compare the 2 by their power levels when they faced him. And at those levels, I believe Tyrant loses.

rotiart
But Galactus at fullness is stated as being on the level of Eternity, and above celestials. However Galactus is always getting hungry often, and is used as a marker to indicate the respective power levels of a new threat. Galactus remade Zenn la, hell he imparts like 1% of his power into a herald and those guys become team busters. Galactus jobs like Darkseid jobs, because he's the most recognized of the more powerful entities in the marvel universe. DS in DC. Celestials are more rarely used because you can't humanize them. And not everyone wants to read the story of random enemy with no point. Galactus is usually weak when he's beaten. When he's full, hes a bully

rotiart
In those battles:

with Tyrant, Thanos admitted that if it ensued, he would die, Thanos evaded more than took the hits head on.
with Odin, Odin constantly believed he had defeated Thanos, but thanos taking Odin with Gungir headon would emergy virtually unscathed, if not for his clothing.

MJOILNIR
Oh I agree 100%. Like I said they tend to use Galen as a galactic level punching bag and its crap that they do. The hunger deal does lend to a better story though. I think some of his low end showings are horrible though. I know a lot of people disagree with me but I think Odin would have owned Thanos befor long. Odin didnt use anywhere near the power in that battle as he has used in the past.

celestialdemon
In those battles:

with Tyrant, Thanos admitted that if it ensued, he would die, Thanos evaded more than took the hits head on.
with Odin, Odin constantly believed he had defeated Thanos, but thanos taking Odin with Gungir headon would emergy virtually unscathed, if not for his clothing.

Yet Thanos was able to harm Tyrant but couldn't harm Odin. And Odin wasn't trying to kill Thanos. He was trying to beat him into submission. That's why he gave him the chance to yield. Tyrant was trying to kill him.

rotiart
Odin was still surprised he was standing. He even used his most powerful weapon gungir. You're saying he wasn't trying to kill Thanos?

the Darkone
Odin has more feats under his belt, it would be a great battle never the less also depends where the battle takes place, if it's in Asgard Odin will out right, outside of Asgard Tyrant can take at least 50/50. Odin caused shock waves threw out the multi-universe, Odin all out equals cosmic shock waves even Tyrant wouldn't take Odin to lightly.

rotiart
Still that was Odin, a god, in his own realm, vs. Thanos. Obviously a god like odin would be more powerful in his own realm, don't you think?
Tyrant had no such benefit.

Don't you think its nice to fight at home?

bbrem123
Originally posted by the Darkone
Odin has more feats under his belt, it would be a great battle never the less also depends where the battle takes place, if it's in Asgard Odin will out right, outside of Asgard Tyrant can take at least 50/50. Odin caused shock waves threw out the multi-universe, Odin all out equals cosmic shock waves even Tyrant wouldn't take Odin to lightly.

stalemating a fully powered galactus is better then anything odin did

celestialdemon
Odin was still surprised he was standing. He even used his most powerful weapon gungir. You're saying he wasn't trying to kill Thanos?

No, I don't believe he was. Why else did he give him the chance to yield? He would have never bothered if he wanted to kill him.

rotiart
He bothered to stop because he thought he could bluff his way to victory. He was about to walk away in one scene, having thought Thanos defeated, until Thanos rises virtually unscathed. That in turn caused Odin to be even angrier at the situation.

Big Sexy
I love the scene where after blasting Thanos, Odin goes into his rant about surrender. Thats one of the few defeats in comics where I respect the Looser for the way he lost.

Mider
do you have proof tyrant or galactus is below a celestial last time i remeber in 616 he did eat the celestial homeworld galactus i mean and even other cosmics i also remeber eternity saying that at full power he was his equal, so why do you say that tyrant is below a celestial he is strong enough to battle galactus and destroy galaxies, if you ask me odin is screwed, he is just a skyfather he shouldnt come close to galactus or tyrant power level

celestialdemon
He bothered to stop because he thought he could bluff his way to victory. He was about to walk away in one scene, having thought Thanos defeated, until Thanos rises virtually unscathed. That in turn caused Odin to be even angrier at the situation.

He wouldn't try to bluff his way to victory in a battle he was winning. He gave Thanos the chance to yield because he respected him. And yes, he did get angry that Thanos didn't stay down. He was having a harder time with Thanos than expected. But if the fight had continued, Thanos would have lost.

bbrem123
he wants an honorable victory

the Darkone
Originally posted by bbrem123
stalemating a fully powered galactus is better then anything odin did

A full powered Tyrant lost to a normal Galactus, let' get the story straight. Normal Tyrant is on sky-father level, Odin one of the most powerful sky-father will serve Tyrant in Asgard, outside of Asgard tyrant might get some wins or split 50/50. Odin in Asgard is unbeatable, with Odin force he will blink tyrant out of existences, read more on Odin and the Odin force.

the Darkone
Full powered Tyrant = Normal Galactus= Arishem/One Above All<<< Full Powered Galactus :stated by eternity & watcher themselves that FP Galactus is just as powerful as Eternity:.

bbrem123
A full powered Tyrant lost to a normal Galactus, let' get the story straight. Normal Tyrant is on sky-father level, Odin one of the most powerful sky-father will serve Tyrant in Asgard, outside of Asgard tyrant might get some wins or split 50/50. Odin in Asgard is unbeatable, with Odin force he will blink tyrant out of existences, read more on Odin and the Odin force.

so when tyrant was first created he was fighting a normal galactus?

aliveinboston

Utter rubbish. Galactus has never killed a Celestial with his own power in any universe (standard or alternate) and at best could hope the celestials would let him shine their shoes. Galactus was helpless against Ego Prime and ran to Thor for help and both Ego Prime and Thor are less than nothing to the Celestials.

Talking about running, perhaps you forgot how Galactus ran like a crybaby to his mechanical nanny when thor hit him with a god blast. And no, Galactus was not starving.

As for the Destroyer, it was hopelessly outnumbered. The Celestials worked as a team and attacked it together. Clearly one Celestial would have been insufficient.

the Darkone
When Tranyt was created he was on the same level as a normal Galactus, when he lost to Galactus he was depowered by Galactus and was exiled by Galactus. Tyrant evolved over eons and was feeding off of plantes biosphere energy, when Tyrant fought Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Terrax, Morg, Jack of Hearts, Gaymende he was at normal levels = to a sky father level being.

Normal Galactus/ Full powered Tyrant/ Celestails/Ego

Odin/Zeus/Vinshu/Zuras/ Mangog/ Tyrant

aliveinboston

Virtually unscathed? Did you even see the comic book? Thanos had no effect whatsoever on Odin, on the other hand Odin kicked Thanos around. What ticked off Odin was probably that Thanos liked getting spanked.

the Darkone
Galactus has defeated a Celestail the "Dreaming Celestail" absorbed him complete in FF337-341, in Earth X Franklin Richards became Galactus and destroyed more than 3 Celestails with his own power then he used his techs on the others.

bbrem123
When Tranyt was created he was on the same level as a normal Galactus, when he lost to Galactus he was depowered by Galactus and was exiled by Galactus. Tyrant evolved over eons and was feeding off of plantes biosphere energy, when Tyrant fought Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Terrax, Morg, Jack of Hearts, Gaymende he was at normal levels = to a sky father level being.

got yeah...thanks

aliveinboston

Do you realize this contradicts what Marvel says?

Rubbish. A "full-powered" galactus is just normal Galactus who got beaten by Ego Prime and Thor. For galactus to get to the kind of power that eternity has (not as impressive as you think) he has to be artificially boosted. Any of a number of characters can also do this. Nothing special.

Galactus cannot and has never defeated a Celestial. This is because Celestials are much more powerful. Galactus can't do anything without his mechanical nanny.

Tyrant was not as powerful as the "sky-fathers" when he fought BRB, Surfer, Gladiator etc. Not even close.

The "sky-fathers" are not all equally powerful. Only one has the Odin power and that dwarfs the power of all the other sky-fathers. Without the Odin-Power, Odin is at the same level as the other sky-fathers. According to Thor, Odin could have dealt with all the threats to Asgard. So the real question is not if but why not.

MJOILNIR
I have no doubt that Odin was more powerful than the other council heads. It took all of thier magic combined just to cut Thor off from the Odin power and that was from an artifact they all created. That should be easy proof that the Odin power is above any single one or more of them.

aliveinboston
Galactus has defeated a Celestail the "Dreaming Celestail" absorbed him complete in FF337-341, in Earth X Franklin Richards became Galactus and destroyed more than 3 Celestails with his own power then he used his techs on the others.

Wrong and perhaps intentionally misleading.

Galactus did not "defeat" the dreaming celestial. The giant machine the dreaming celestial made Galactus build absorbed the dreaming celestial. It had nothing to do with Galactus's power. Basically, the machine was the vacuum cleaner and Galactus was the vacuum bag where all the crap was stored. And as more crap got tossed into the bag the bag got bigger.

As for Earth X, there is a reason they called it earth X. Its not the same universe. Things are different, strange things can happen, etc.. It's where Marvel can experiment with different ideas to gauge customer reaction. To further reinforce that this isn't canon, it wasn't even Galactus.

the Darkone
Marvel is not 100% accurate, I never said Galactus can't be beaten by a Celestial and vice versa, but Galactus at Full potential is just as powerful as Eternity stated by eternity himself even the The Watcher Uatu stated that Galactus at full powered can obliterate the universe, and these where stated in comics. Galactus absorbs the dreaming Celestial aka black Celestial and other abstracts in FF 337-341 and in earth x franklin as Galactus with his powers destroyed three Celestial with his own power and killed others with his tech.

Odin is one of the most powerful sky-fathers and Zeus,Vinshu is the other, Odin and Zeus fought each other to a stalemate, even the Prime Eternal Zuras fought a enrage Zeus stalemate him also. Tyrant is at a sky-father level like Zuras without the mystical powers when he fought Silver surfer and his team.

the Darkone
you said in no other universe Galactus defeated a Celestail, well earth x is another universe so is FF337-341 killing the black celestail who was the most powerful celestail next to Eixtar. Will we see Galactus killing a Celestail maybe and maybe not it depends on the story and Marve.

rotiart

Odin in Asgard is unbeatable??? Thats why when the dark gods and perrikus came, The Asgards got whooped on right?

aliveinboston
Marvel is not 100% accurate,

This is correct.

This has all been debunked already.

Yes. When Marvel changed writers and decided to go politically correct and have equal opportunity sky-father powers they made all of them equal but due to the weight of history had to return to representing Odin as being beyond the others. This has been reinforced time and again.

To give you an example of what a tiny fraction of the Odin Power can do, look up "Soul Eater" in old Quasar comics.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/Image1148.gif

Not really.

rotiart
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Virtually unscathed? Did you even see the comic book? Thanos had no effect whatsoever on Odin, on the other hand Odin kicked Thanos around. What ticked off Odin was probably that Thanos liked getting spanked.

Yes I did. Look at it, where did Thanos grunt, whimper, whine or admit defeat. He didn't. Not once. Not ever. Against Tyrant, Thanos admitted he would die if he had stayed any longer.

Odin of course is gonna be stronger in his own realm. And in his own realm the odinforce is gonna be more predominate for him. Obviously you didn't get my point then, nor did you read the comic.

aliveinboston
you said in no other universe Galactus defeated a Celestail

Correct.

It was Franklin Richards, not Galactus.

No, I already explained this. Galactus has nothing to do with it. In fact, he was under the control of the celestial. It was the machine that Galactus built that killed the Celestial. Galactus can't do anything without mechanical help. He's the universe's largest invalid (no offense to invalids intended).

We saw Captain American take down Thor and batman take down the hulk so anything is possible.

rotiart
Tyrant. all the way.

Btw. SPvsFL

aliveinboston
Yes I did. Look at it, where did Thanos grunt, whimper, whine or admit defeat.

Getting knocked on his ass over and over, finally falling into a smoking heap that he only (very slowly) recovered from when Odin decided to be merciful give him the chance to surrender, means nothing more than that Thanos enjoys the pain he receives.

Tyrant was willing to kill him, Odin was not (yet). Odin stopped beating on him and gave him a chance to surrender.

Odin is far more powerful than Tyrant and Thanos combined anywhere in the universe. Decades of Marvel history support this. With just a small fraction of the odin power Thor utterly mauled Thanos.

I dont get your point for the simple reason that it is wrong. Incorrect. False. I did read the comic and in case you havent there are numerous scans available online. It shows how Odin gradually stepping up his output and how each time Thanos got up he got knocked down again. It wasnt really a fight. It was more like a grown up beating on a kid. Pretty pathetic showing by Thanos.

celestialdemon
Yes I did. Look at it, where did Thanos grunt, whimper, whine or admit defeat. He didn't. Not once. Not ever. Against Tyrant, Thanos admitted he would die if he had stayed any longer.

And Odin wasn't trying to kill Thanos. Tyrant was. And when Odin was saluting Thanos at the end, Thanos was on all fours. Not only that, he staggered to get back up. Good indication that he was getting worn out.

rotiart
Your interpretation. No where does Odin say anything about upping his power. Its your assumption. Even using Gungir, he didn't defeat Thanos. Or cause any more visible damage than with the previous attacks. What does that tell you.

rotiart
Btw. we are talking about WMT comics right. Where Thanos was attacked by Odin for invading Odins realm. Where Thanos was trying to let Odin know what was wrong with Thor, so Odin could try to save his son. That same Odin that was trying to save Thor, and hence would "kill" the father. Right. If anything it was Thanos not letting loose on Odin.

the Darkone
Odin is far above Tyrant, Odin with the Odinforce is a force to be reckon with plain and simple especially in Asgard. Odin wasn't trying to kill Thanos if he did Asgard would have been literally destroyed, I mean obliterated. Odin battle hela who had a fraction of Infinity powers and still held his own, Hela is one of Death soliders got b***h slap when she tried to kill Thor, Odin came into her realm and owned her could have killed Hela a gesture.

aliveinboston
Odin in Asgard is unbeatable??? Thats why when the dark gods and perrikus came, The Asgards got whooped on right?

Seems you either forgot or didnt actually read the comic book since after Odin got his power back he dissipated the molecules of all the Dark Gods to the "solar winds" with just a thought. That kind of power, the ability to instantly vaporize (literally) an entire pantheon of Gods is power far beyond Thanos or Tyrant.

aliveinboston
Your interpretation. No where does Odin say anything about upping his power. Its your assumption. Even using Gungir, he didn't defeat Thanos. Or cause any more visible damage than with the previous attacks. What does that tell you.

Go read the comic. There was visible damage. He as battered, bruised, and smoking. In case you forgot, he has control over his molecules so frame by frame he fixed himself. Had Odin continued to thrash him instead of mercifully ceasing and offering Thanos a chance to surrender, there is no doubt Thanos would be in such poor shape he might never fully recover.

And Odin doesnt need Gungir to use the odin power. That just makes his output less wasteful. No weapon can contain the odin-power, not even Mjolnir, the greatest of all the Asgardian weapons. In fact, Mjolnir cannot even contain a full-power god-blast from Thor.

aliveinboston
Btw. we are talking about WMT comics right. Where Thanos was attacked by Odin for invading Odins realm. Where Thanos was trying to let Odin know what was wrong with Thor, so Odin could try to save his son. That same Odin that was trying to save Thor, and hence would "kill" the father. Right. If anything it was Thanos not letting loose on Odin.

So youre saying that when Thanos attacked Galactus and sent him flying when he really just wanted to talk to him that Thanos was not letting loose right? If he wanted to he could have hurt Galactus right? Is that what youre saying? lol

the Darkone
Dark Gods=Asgardians, it was Perikus mother who stole Odin powers, read the Dark Gods story arc again.

When Thor became king and inherit the Odinforce he was humbled by the power that his father posse, Odin on occassion could have killed Sutur,ymir, Hela, he killed a whole race with one blast the same race that spawn Mangog. Only beings that can f**k up Odin are the top abstracts like Celestails, Galactus, chaos and order, chronos, love and hate, even dormmamu stated that he is equal to Odin when they where playing chest.

aliveinboston
Dark Gods=Asgardians, it was Perikus mother who stole Odin powers, read the Dark Gods story arc again.

When Thor became king and inherit the Odinforce he was humbled by the power that his father posse, Odin on occassion could have killed Sutur,ymir, Hela, he killed a whole race with one blast the same race that spawn Mangog. Only beings that can f**k up Odin are the top abstracts like Celestails, Galactus, chaos and order, chronos, love and hate, even dormmamu stated that he is equal to Odin when they where playing chest.

Galactus is not in the same power class and going by top feats, Celestials cant compete either. They had trouble with super-ego, who is far above galactus and ego but not anywhere near the odin-power. Without the Odin-power, however, Odin is no more a threat to the Celestials than Zeus or any other god. Why, as Thor wondered, this incredible power was not used is a mystery. Probably new writers trying to redefine characters.

Dormammu, by the way, has his hands full with Dr. Strange.

To reiterate, incinerating an entire race of gods with a thought is beyond anything Galactus could ever hope to do. Which brings us back to Tyrant vs Odin. Give me a break.

celestialdemon

Yeah, it's my interpretation that shows Thanos on all fours while Odin stands tall. It's my interpretation that shows him smoking and taking 3 panels just to stand up.

celestialdemon

The same one where Thanos said only a direct confrontation would be enough to try and reason with Odin. Where Thanos wanted SS at his side during the confrontation. Where Thanos never once tried to explain to Odin why they were there, not even after Odin had calmed down enough to give Thanos the chance to give up. Thanos could have easily had given up and explained to Odin why they were there, but he didn't. His pride wouldn't allow him to, so I guess he was just holding back because he liked getting smacked around.

superbatman86
Galactus is not in the same power class and going by top feats, Celestials cant compete either. They had trouble with super-ego, who is far above galactus and ego but not anywhere near the odin-power. Without the Odin-power, however, Odin is no more a threat to the Celestials than Zeus or any other god. Why, as Thor wondered, this incredible power was not used is a mystery. Probably new writers trying to redefine characters.

To reiterate, incinerating an entire race of gods with a thought is beyond anything Galactus could ever hope to do. Which brings us back to Tyrant vs Odin. Give me a break. The same tryant that considered the destruction of galaxies as collateral damage.Right.Tyrant 10/10.

Xplosive
Originally posted by celestialdemon
The difference is that Odin was already beating Thanos down without going all out. He proved his superiority to Thanos already. Thor has yet to prove anything against the Celestials.

And as Boston said, Tyrant is nowhere near the level of a Celestial, at least not the Tyrant that fought Thanos.

The full powered Tyrant would crush Odin.

Tyrant who fought Thanos and wasn't close to power level of when he fought Galatcus, that would be probably a hard battle.

That's why he gave him the chance to yield. Tyrant was trying to kill him.

Tyrant pretty much wanted to play with Thanos at the beginning. He didn't have trouble and he wasn't hurt by Thanos. He was even holding back, ok, Odin was also holding back.

I still say depowered Tyrant would take this.

do you have proof tyrant or galactus is below a celestial

If you ask me, I wouldn't say Full powered Tyrant would lose against Celestial. I would say he would defeat aCelestial.

When Tranyt was created he was on the same level as a normal Galactus

Yes, and than Tyrant grew more in power. Full powered Tyrant was more than just a Normal Galactus.

Galactus cannot and has never defeated a Celestial. This is because Celestials are much more powerful.

Galactus final power level goes beyond any Celestial at final power level.

Odin is far above Tyrant

Would you say that Odin would defeat Full powered Tyrant.?

Galactus is not in the same power class and going by top feats, Celestials cant compete either. They had trouble with super-ego, who is far above galactus and ego but not anywhere near the odin-power.

WTF are you talking about. I think Odin is in top 5 most powerful beings in Marvel Universe.

Nowhere near the Odin power, WTF.

the Darkone
Power of Cosmic >>>> Odin Force, have to agree with xplosive on this one What the f**k?. Power of Cosmic is part of the Phoenix Force, Power Cosimc is beyond Odinforce.

Galactus and Celestails are >>>>>> then the Odin force, Celestails almost cut off the Gods from earth if they would have tnterfer with their Judgement of earth. Odin cause shock waves threw outh the multi universe as where Galactus can destroy it 10x over even Celestails can destroy a universe. Galactus and Celestails are above skyfathers, even the skyfather are affarid of Atum the God eatera elder god who is below Galactus and Celestails.

the Darkone
Skyfathers are not even close to the top of the food chain, if they where they would have been part of the Cosmic Gods battling Thanos who had infinity gauntlet.

bigbran
ok, to end this thread.
odin did nothing to thanos before thanos grabbed the gungir. hmmm. and odin looked pissed in that battle.
tyrant however fought thanos when thanos had a big powerup. sure thanos was able to hit him and stuff, but tyrant was also able to throw thanos around.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1300/tyrant304ipxh2.th.jpg
and tyrant wasnt trying as hard as he could either. tyrant also caused more damage to thanos. http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1661/tyrant32330wset5.th.jpg

Mordum
Tryant vs Odin. Tyrant wins. Odin is powerful but hes just a skyfather. Look at RKT practically Odin+1 he cant hang with Big G and Tyrant.

rotiart
BigBran
with the scan

to the rescueeee... smile

My arguement all along. Thanos vs. Odin. Thanos always stood his ground. Never evened considered running.

Tyrant vs. Thanos. Thanos ran. Everyone ran from the collateral damage. Thanos even stated he would be killed if he tried to continue the fight.

the Darkone
Odin will beat Tyrant is Asgard end of story, but outside of Asgard Tyrant will be more favor since Odin is outside of his realm where there he is omnioptent. If Odin really wanted to go all out on Thanos Asgard itself would have been destroyed with ease, Odinforce rules in Asgard.

Odin in Asgard 10/10

Tyrant outside of Asgard 5/10

kgkg
Tyrant whould smoke Odin.

Depowered Tyrant takes it 6/10

Priest
Originally posted by kgkg
Tyrant whould smoke Odin.

Depowered Tyrant takes it 6/10

yes

odin in asguard, wins the majority tho.

kgkg
Originally posted by Priest
yes

odin in asguard, wins the majority tho. In asgard he can cannel more power........ But still I don't see him winning more that 6/10 even in asgard.

Tyrant was a beast.

rotiart
He was a damn sexy beast too. Those dreadlocks.. Rrowwrr

bigbran
Odin will beat Tyrant is Asgard end of story, but outside of Asgard Tyrant will be more favor since Odin is outside of his realm where there he is omnioptent. If Odin really wanted to go all out on Thanos Asgard itself would have been destroyed with ease, Odinforce rules in Asgard.

Odin in Asgard 10/10

Tyrant outside of Asgard 5/10 odin in out of asgard would be smoked.
tyrant asgard 6/10 maybe 7/10
tyrant outside 10/10 maybe 9, buts thats pushing it.

looky here, have you ever seen thanos so scared in his life?
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5986/tyrant283djzq4.th.jpg
now look, thanos is my favorite character in comics, but you cant denie the facts, thanos might have even had a powerup between the fight with odin to tyrant. now, thanos lets go of the orb, and hes scared shitless. plus he knew hed need the orb before the fight. but with odin he just didnt care. plus his power was just amped in the tyrant fight.
i dont see thanos scared anywhere here, do you?

rotiart
look at how shiny his armor is.

Btw. him being on all fours in that pic doesn't mean he was defeated, it means he was knocked down. And big guys tend to not instantly jump up.

nice scans.

the Darkone
Odin can absorb al the life force of Asgard and the nine worlds into himself, surpassing Tyrant in power and might. Odin will f**k up Tyrant in Asgard universe, outside of Asgard it will favor Tyrant. Tyrant yes is a beast but against one of the most powerful skyfathers Odin will pull out everything and kick Tyrant ass out of Asgard.

Odin in Asgard 10/10
outside of Asgard 50/50 favoring Tyrant

the Darkone
Originally posted by bigbran
odin in out of asgard would be smoked.
tyrant asgard 6/10 maybe 7/10What the f**k? are you smoking
tyrant outside 10/10 maybe 9, buts thats pushing it.

looky here, have you ever seen thanos so scared in his life?
http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5986/tyrant283djzq4.th.jpg
now look, thanos is my favorite character in comics, but you cant denie the facts, thanos might have even had a powerup between the fight with odin to tyrant. now, thanos lets go of the orb, and hes scared shitless. plus he knew hed need the orb before the fight. but with odin he just didnt care. plus his power was just amped in the tyrant fight.
i dont see thanos scared anywhere here, do you?

rotiart
Aren't most fights assumed to be in neutral terroritory unless otherwise stated... I couldn't find it in forum rules.. but thats the unspoken rule right. You aren't gonna give someone undue unfair advantage....

the Darkone
Odin battle Hela who had a fraction of Infinitys power and stalemate her and thisbattle took place in Asgard universe. Odin and Tyrant didn't go all out on Thanos, please if they did it would have been ugly, even though Thanos is immortal he would gotten his ass kicked.

Odin didn't go all out because of his people and his son, in bloodlust Odin would have kill Thanos and everybody else at the sametime, Tyrant was filling Thanos out seeing how powerful he was even though Tyrant had Thanos over matched in every caterogory , Tyrant still wasn't going all out

Odin in Asgard wins 10/10

Tyrant"normal" outside of Asgard 50/50

outside of Asgard Tyrant will be favor since that Odin will become weaker longer he stays out of Asgard the source of his powers.

bigbran
Odin can absorb al the life force of Asgard and the nine worlds into himself, surpassing Tyrant in power and might. Odin will f**k up Tyrant in Asgard universe, outside of Asgard it will favor Tyrant. Tyrant yes is a beast but against one of the most powerful skyfathers Odin will pull out everything and kick Tyrant ass out of Asgard.

Odin in Asgard 10/10
outside of Asgard 50/50 favoring Tyrant
are you saying that odin is in the league of tyrant?
is this why odin got his ass kicked in asgard by surtur, or barely defeats surtur? he doesnt have unlimited power. and tyrant has never went all out, cept against g.
so thats why he got exhausted sending thor back to earth? cause he has so much power!! roll eyes (sarcastic)
tyrant toyed with the team, and he fought thanos. but heres the clincher, thanos had a power babble, which amped his strength, super high, and tyrant didnt have a mark on him!!!
we all know beta ray bill is tough. agree? well he was less than a insect against tyrant, along with everyone else!!
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9683/silversurferv3082205rcnw3.th.jpg
and lets not forget, that tyrants power source is all the planets in the universe, a little higher than the nine planets, dont you think? wink

kgkg
is this why odin got his ass kicked in asgard by surtur, or barely defeats surtur? he doesnt have unlimited power. and tyrant has never went all out, cept against g.
so thats why he got exhausted sending thor back to earth? cause he has so much power!! roll eyes (sarcastic)
tyrant toyed with the team, and he fought thanos. but heres the clincher, thanos had a power babble, which amped his strength, super high, and tyrant didnt have a mark on him!!!
we all know beta ray bill is tough. agree? well he was less than a insect against tyrant, along with everyone else!!
and lets not forget, that tyrants power source is all the planets in the universe, a little higher than the nine planets, dont you think? wink you keep posting Tyrant defeat Gladiator , SS? doesn't mean much........ Odin can k.o then one Shot to

the Darkone
Aren't most fights assumed to be in neutral terroritory unless otherwise stated... I couldn't find it in forum rules.. but thats the unspoken rule right. You aren't gonna give someone undue unfair advantage....

Read my last post, I am saying in Asgard Odin will walk all over Tyrant bottom line Odin in Asgard is "God", but outside of Asgard Tyrant will be favor since Odin powers slowly deminish whe he is outside of Asgard, just like other realm beings like shuma-groth, dormammu, mephisto etc.

the Darkone
and lets not forget, that tyrants power source is all the planets in the universe, a little higher than the nine planets, dont you think? wink

The nine worlds also include other gods like Sutur, Ymir, Hela and their people and power with the odinforce working in Asgard it has no bounds, Odin is "God" in Asgard universe plain and simple. Odin absorbing all that godly energy and magic dude Odin will f**k up Tyrant, that's why I'm saying in Asgard universe for 100th time Odin will win outright, but outside of Asgard Tyrant will take more of the battles since Odin powers will slowly decrease if he stays out of Asgard to long.

the Darkone
It was like when Galactus went to Agamotto realm trying to Absorb it, Agamotto came out and was handling Galactus if it wasn't for the other Vishanti interfering Agamotto would have kicked Galactus ass out his realm with a b***h slap.

bigbran
The nine worlds also include other gods like Sutur, Ymir, Hela and their people and power with the odinforce working in Asgard it has no bounds, Odin is "God" in Asgard universe plain and simple. Odin absorbing all that godly energy and magic dude Odin will f**k up Tyrant, that's why I'm saying in Asgard universe for 100th time Odin will win outright, but outside of Asgard Tyrant will take more of the battles since Odin powers will slowly decrease if he stays out of Asgard to long. ive never heard of a god that got owned by surtur. sword of twilight or nothing, a god shouldnt get beat down, right?

rotiart
Read my last post, I am saying in Asgard Odin will walk all over Tyrant bottom line Odin in Asgard is "God", but outside of Asgard Tyrant will be favor since Odin powers slowly deminish whe he is outside of Asgard, just like other realm beings like shuma-groth, dormammu, mephisto etc.

Even dr. strange defeated shuma, dormy and mephy. IN their own realms where they should be gods of everything.

rotiart

To reiterate, incinerating an entire race of gods with a thought is beyond anything Galactus could ever hope to do. Which brings us back to Tyrant vs Odin. Give me a break.

Or maybe the editors realizing that some writers got out of hand, so they had to retcon it, because these writers were ruining continuity.

Odin didn't incinerate them. He took back his power. The dark gods left on their own. Later Perrikus and the other dark gods were slain by Desak the godslayer, which shows that Odin didn't destroy the dark gods.

the Darkone
Odin killed Sutur in the "Sutur Saga " and Sutur had the sword of twilight and still got his ass kicked by Odin btw Odin grew in size to 100 ft to match Sututr height and was etting his head kicked in. Odinforce in Asgard is like the power of cosmic is to Galactus but to a heigher degree.

the Darkone
Even dr. strange defeated shuma, dormy and mephy. IN their own realms where they should be gods of everything.

because dr.strange can tap into the same magic source as they do, that's how he was able to defeat shuma-groth he tap into his powers.

MJOILNIR
Im not commenting on tyrant because honestly I have limted knowledge about him. I will say Odin is not a normal "skyfather". He has feats that put him way above anything any of the other council heads have done. Heck he destroyed Mangogs whole race with one move, he threw out the freakin multiverse with just the shockwaves of his power!! Im not claiming he's in galans league either but I havent seen thanos or Zues do anything like that either. Odin is not just another "skyfather"

the Darkone
Or maybe the editors realizing that some writers got out of hand, so they had to retcon it, because these writers were ruining continuity.

Odin didn't incinerate them. He took back his power. The dark gods left on their own. Later Perrikus and the other dark gods were slain by Desak the godslayer, which shows that Odin didn't destroy the dark gods.

Perrikus wasn't killed by Desak it was other dark gods being killed by Desak. Perrikus got his arms cut off by King Thor.

bigbran
Odin killed Sutur in the "Sutur Saga " and Sutur had the sword of twilight and still got his ass kicked by Odin btw Odin grew in size to 100 ft to match Sututr height and was etting his head kicked in. Odinforce in Asgard is like the power of cosmic is to Galactus but to a heigher degree. no i think you mean, after thor knocked the sword out of surturs hand, then odin was freed and matched surturs size. big grin

the Darkone
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Im not commenting on tyrant because honestly I have limted knowledge about him. I will say Odin is not a normal "skyfather". He has feats that put him way above anything any of the other council heads have done. Heck he destroyed Mangogs whole race with one move, he threw out the freakin multiverse with just the shockwaves of his power!! Im not claiming he's in galans league either but I havent seen thanos or Zues do anything like that either. Odin is not just another "skyfather"

Thanos has in the Avengers: Celestail Quest where gotten another upgrade by Death to battle their son Rot, he killed with energy blast so powerful it rocked the multi-universe even the top Abstracts to notice.

rotiart
Either or, Odin didn't do what you claimed anyways.

the Darkone
Odin owns Sutur like a hoe on street corner.

bigbran
i could get scans of that fight between him and surtur.

rotiart
So you're saying Odin is a multiversal now?!

I really do see any point arguing this if that's what you think.

the Darkone

I didn't claim nothing.

that was aliveinboston

the Darkone
So you're saying Odin is a multiversal now?!

I really do see any point arguing this if that's what you think.

Dude What the f**k? are you talking about, Odin early in his showings has caused shock waves threw out the multi universe, doesn't mean he is on Galactus level but it does show how powerful a sky-father is of his caliber really is.

rotiart
so you're saying classic odin. in the sense that we don't use classic thor anymore... cause his powerset is greater than current thors?

Odin originally created years ago the Destroyer to defeat the celestials. Back then with his "powerset" it might have happened. However in recent years Odin has apparently been taken down a notch, and shown that even skyfathers mean nothing to the abstracts.

bigbran
classic odin prved to be gnats to celestials.
it also must be hard whatching your greatest creation get crushed by celestials....

the Darkone
Everybody and their momma knows that abstracts are above sky-fathers, dude that's common sense. Odin is still Odin just rarelly used like he was before but that does't mean he can't throw down like he did before, Tyrant is more like a sky-father level being without the magic and full powered Tyrant is on a normal Galactus level.

rotiart
Even desak almost killed thor with odinforce... only thing that saved thor was another person interfering.

the Darkone
classic odin prved to be gnats to celestials.
it also must be hard whatching your greatest creation get crushed by celestials....

everybody are gnats to the Celestails especailly beings on earth, that comment didn't make any sense. Celestails wouldn't even acknowledge a skyfather unlessthey had the infinity gaunalet. Celestails would crush Tyrant also he's no different.

bigbran
so celestials, are over galactus?

rotiart
btw. fight is thanos during when he fought thanos... vs. tyrant when he fought thanos...

ie.. its like current hulk.. not that hulk that supposedly created universes... and lifted 150 billion tons or whatever.

current. most current odin almost got kicked in by perrikus and crew.

K3VIL
Even desak almost killed thor with odinforce... only thing that saved thor was another person interfering.
Desak:
God Slayer, powered by a mystical/cosmic being who's on skyfather level, he wield powers who make him almost immune to any kind of godly ability.
Desak almost killed a King Thor with few experience of Odin Force uses, except for energy blasting here and there.
In the Reign, King Thor showed his own, and even absorbed his life force, only the jewel saved Desak

rotiart
Tyrant wins.

MJOILNIR
What didnt he do?

the Darkone
Odin wins in Asgard, Tyrant wins outside of Asgard.

rotiart
I can deal with that.

So only with a handicap would Tyrant lose. stick out tongue

bigbran
sorry i dont see tyrant losing.
the guy has stood up to every thing, cept the un, in his short apperances.
plus he can amp his power, hes smart, and he did better against thanos than odin did, and thanos had the power babble.

rotiart
i just got tired of arguing..

Tyrant wins everywhere, except when odin has an extreme advantage stick out tongue

the Darkone
sorry i dont see tyrant losing.
the guy has stood up to every thing, cept the un, in his short apperances.
plus he can amp his power, hes smart, and he did better against thanos than odin did, and thanos had the power babble.

Normal Tyrant hasn't fought anybody of Odin caliber, a full powered Tyrant hang for awhile against his father Galactus in the end lost the battle. In Asgard Odin out right wins, outside of Asgard Tyrant can do some serious damage and win more of the majority but it won't be a sweep, this Odin we are talking about not a Darkseid avatar.

bigbran
i just got tired of arguing..

Tyrant wins everywhere, except when odin has an extreme advantage stick out tongue like if odin has the power babble in asgard, being powered by everything.
then maybe 6/10 evil face

the Darkone
Odin in Asgard 10/10, outside of Asgard Tyrant wins 6/10.

bigbran
10/10 ya right!

the Darkone
Iknow I am right, In Asgard he wins outside of Asgard Tyrant wins. Now let it die

bigbran
even if he would win in asgard, there is no way in hell would he ever take 10/10

the Darkone
Yes he will, Asgard he is "God" "God". Odinforce is more powerful in Asgard then anywhere else, in Asgard it hads no bounds.

bigbran
no bounds.... so thats why he ouldnt do anything to surtur until he let go of the sword of twilight. i get it now.

Mider
odin does not prove to be greater in asgard in anything ive ever seen he can absorb all the other asgardians life force though.

bigbran
odin does not prove to be greater in asgard in anything ive ever seen he can absorb all the other asgardians life force though. still not enough to beat tyrant.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Xplosive
The full powered Tyrant would crush Odin.

Tyrant who fought Thanos and wasn't close to power level of when he fought Galatcus, that would be probably a hard battle.

I agree. A full powered Tyrant would crush Odin in or out of Asgard.

Originally posted by Xplosive
Tyrant pretty much wanted to play with Thanos at the beginning. He didn't have trouble and he wasn't hurt by Thanos. He was even holding back, ok, Odin was also holding back.

There's no indication that he was playing with Thanos. When Tyrant first attacked him, he was enraged and yelling at him for even thinking he stood a chance in the fight. After the fight, he was surprised that Thanos was still alive. And Thanos did hurt Tyrant. If you look at the panel when Thanos punches Tyrant, Tyrant is wincing in pain.

bigbran
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7508/thanostyrant4rf7.jpg
this one? thanos was also higly amped.

bigbran
and no thanos might have maybe hurt him at the time, but no long term effects.

celestialdemon
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7508/thanostyrant4rf7.jpg
this one? thanos was also higly amped.

No, I'm talking about this one.

http://img194.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tyrant78hy.jpg

He hit him without the orb, just his fist. And there is no proof or indication as to exactly how much the orb amped Thanos' power.

celestialdemon
and no thanos might have maybe hurt him at the time, but no long term effects.

You're right. There were no long-term effects, but he did hurt Tyrant. He didn't hurt Odin at all.

bigbran

He hit him without the orb, just his fist. And there is no proof or indication as to exactly how much the orb amped Thanos' power. he still had the orb, and it went through his whole body, not just where the orb is.

celestialdemon
he still had the orb, and it went through his whole body, not just where the orb is.

And how much exactly did it power Thanos up?

bigbran
well obviously a lot.

celestialdemon
well obviously a lot.

That's your assumption. You have no definitive proof though.

rotiart

He hit him without the orb, just his fist. And there is no proof or indication as to exactly how much the orb amped Thanos' power.

Actually he hit him with his fist, with the orb in it. And you can see the pink trail of energy trailing Thano's gauntlet (the orb in his left hand)

in the next panel you see thanos standing with the orb in his right hand.

the orbs energy is shown to be pink...

bigbran
ya right, galactus knew hed have to be fed to fight tyrant, and he took a lot of hits, and wasnt it like morgs strength or something like that.

bigbran
Actually he hit him with his fist, with the orb in it. And you can see the pink trail of energy trailing Thano's gauntlet (the orb in his left hand)

the orbs energy is shown to be pink... it doesnt matter what hand its in.

celestialdemon

the orbs energy is shown to be pink...

If the orb is in his left hand and Thanos is punching him with his right, then that means Thanos hit him with the fist that didn't hold the orb. Doesn't matter what hand it's in in the next panel.

bigbran
the power isnt just going to flow through, one hand.

celestialdemon
ya right, galactus knew hed have to be fed to fight tyrant, and he took a lot of hits, and wasnt it like morgs strength or something like that.

No, Tyrant gave Morg back is strength in order to use him to fight Thanos and co. There's no way of knowing what energy was in it.

rotiart
Actually Tyrant could have imbued Morg with his own cosmic energy... and not Morg's original.

celestialdemon
Actually Tyrant could have imbued Morg with his own cosmic energy... and not Morg's original.

Not true. I don't have the comic in front of me, so I can't quote verbatim, but Tyrant tells Morg "loathe as I am to do so, I will reinvigorate you with your Power Cosmic." If someone doesn't post the pic, I'll do it when I get the chance.

rotiart
... So Tyrant had the energy within himself then.

celestialdemon
... So Tyrant had the energy within himself then.

And where has it ever been stated that Tyrant has the ability to imbue others with Power Cosmic like Galactus can? When Tyrant gave Morg's power back to him, Morg was still strapped to the same machine that was taking his energy away.

Mider
why cant he make heralds he's almost as powerful as galactus

celestialdemon
why cant he make heralds he's almost as powerful as galactus

I don't know for sure if he can or not. All I know is that he never has before. Until he shows otherwise, it must be assumed that he can't.

rotiart
Nah. You don't assume he can't. You assume he knows better. Every herald of Galactus has turned on him at one point or another. Tyrant isn't stupid enough to create someone thats gonna try to take him out.

celestialdemon
Nah. You don't assume he can't. You assume he knows better. Every herald of Galactus has turned on him at one point or another. Tyrant isn't stupid enough to create someone thats gonna try to take him out.

blink Wow. That's one of the worst assumptions I've ever seen.

rotiart
blink Wow. That's one of the worst assumptions I've ever seen.

Your mental accuity notwithstanding. I'd assume yours is just as bad. Mine leaves that anything is possible. You say outta sight out of mind. Thats what happens to children under the age of 2. Their temperments allow them to believe that once something leaves their sight, it no longer exists.

Your saying that just because you never saw it happen. It can't happen.

I say let's entertain the idea its possible. People used to think Thanos had no reality altering, or healing powers either until recently.

Mystique the ability to phase.

spiderman the ability to sprout new powers.

You should leave the ability for it to exist alone.

He hasn't proven it yet, sure. Doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to. Even apocalypse has his horsemen... and he's nothing compared to Tyrant.

rotiart
I don't know for sure if he can or not. All I know is that he never has before. Until he shows otherwise, it must be assumed that he can't.

Must defines it has to.

I would use "should"

Happy Dance

bigbran
Your mental accuity notwithstanding. I'd assume yours is just as bad. Mine leaves that anything is possible. You say outta sight out of mind. Thats what happens to children under the age of 2. Their temperments allow them to believe that once something leaves their sight, it no longer exists.

Your saying that just because you never saw it happen. It can't happen.

I say let's entertain the idea its possible. People used to think Thanos had no reality altering, or healing powers either until recently.

spiderman the ability to sprout new powers.

He hasn't proven it yet, sure. Doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to. Even apocalypse has his horsemen... and he's nothing compared to Tyrant. plus tyrant was around for like 10 issues maybe more, we cant assume he cant make a herald, when people like apoc can make sinister immortal.

rotiart
good point. mr. sinisters a pimp though. I remember in the xmen cartoon when cyclops would shoot him and sinister was like.. omg damn.. i'm getting hurt... me outtee!!! :P

celestialdemon

Your saying that just because you never saw it happen. It can't happen

My exact quote was "until he shows otherwise, it must be assumed he can't." I stand by that. If any character doesn't show a power, I'm not going to assume they have it. Plain and simple.

spiderman the ability to sprout new powers..

The difference is that up until they showed the ability to do those things, it was assumed they couldn't. If you would have told someone that Mystique had the ability to phase before she actually showed it on panel, you would have been called a liar.

You can entertain the idea all you want, but you can't use the possibility that someone might have the ability in a debate.

I do. I state that someone can do the abilities they show they can do. I don't assume anything else.

He hasn't proven it yet, sure. Doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to. Even apocalypse has his horsemen... and he's nothing compared to Tyrant.

And this proves what exactly? That just because he's weaker than Tyrant and can create horsemen that Tyrant should be able to as well? I can't even begin to count the number of people more powerful than Apocalypse that also can't create heralds or horsemen

rotiart
You are starting to get on my nerves, so i'll leave it at this. To you the world is flat.

celestialdemon
plus tyrant was around for like 10 issues maybe more, we cant assume he cant make a herald, when people like apoc can make sinister immortal.

So now we are assuming that until someone shows they DON'T have the ability to do something, we leave the possibility open. So there does exist the possibility that Sentry can beat down the LT?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>