Black Adam vs. Captain Atom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deathstroke
The power of gods vs. the power of nuclear fission.

Who wins?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Captain Atom

Broly92
Not Sure I'll wait for someone else to post

batdude123
Captain Atom should literally mop the floor with him. His potential is SO far above Superman/Captain Marvel/Black Adam.

Broly92
Originally posted by batdude123
Captain Atom should literally mop the floor with him. His potential is SO far above Superman/Captain Marvel/Black Adam.
His POTENTIAL yes but not him as he usually is

batdude123
Originally posted by Broly92
His POTENTIAL yes but not him as he usually is

You're right, he only beat Hal Jordan. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Broly92
I said I wasn't sure not Black Adam wins now I think
Captin Atom 7/10

Deathstroke
The main reason I thought he could take on Supes was because he could absorb the radiation from him or create red sun radiation. I didn't know if he could absorb BA's magical lightning or if he'd even need to.

Soleran
You're right, he only beat Hal Jordan. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So what BA smashed Spectre's skulls to pieces lol.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soleran
So what BA smashed Spectre's skulls to pieces lol.

He never beat Spectre, and Spectre is so far above herald level he's not even worth mentioning. Unless you are joking of course. ninja

TheKahn
Black Adam 10/10. Captain Atom gets overloaded. ninja

Soleran
He never beat Spectre, and Spectre is so far above herald level he's not even worth mentioning. Unless you are joking of course. ninja

*slaps Batdude123*

Do you see anywhere in that quote I said BA defeated Spectre? Did I say he beat Spectre? No I said he smashed his skull, he flew right through it! Thats a pretty cool feat right there.

BA is cold and calculating, show me CA taking him down.

batdude123
Originally posted by TheKahn
Black Adam 10/10. Captain Atom gets overloaded. ninja

Nope. ninja

batdude123
*slaps Batdude123*

Do you see anywhere in that quote I said BA defeated Spectre? Did I say he beat Spectre? No I said he smashed his skull, he flew right through it! Thats a pretty cool feat right there.

BA is cold and calculating, show me CA taking him down.

You're basing Captain Atom's defeat on Black Adam flying through the Spectre's skull?? Sorry, but Captain Atom is too versatile for the flying brick.

Soleran
You're basing Captain Atom's defeat on Black Adam flying through the Spectre's skull?? Sorry, but Captain Atom is too versatile for the flying brick. I didn't even say BA would win, I'm saying show me CA handling a brick like BA that won't hold back with any powers especially SPEEDBLITZ

batdude123
I didn't even say BA would win, I'm saying show me CA handling a brick like BA that won't hold back with any powers especially SPEEDBLITZ

Captain Atom can speedblitz as well. laughing Captain Atom has taken down Majestic before, so that answers your brick question. He's also taken out Hal Jordan so I don't see how Black Adam wins this one.

Deathstroke
BA does have that killer instinct. He's been killin fools left and right lately.

jrodslam
Adam wins.

Soleran
CA has shown speed comparable to BA?

bbrem123
captain atom 7-8/10

Validus
Black Adam

batdude123
No jobbing/PIS/CIS: Captain Atom.

Accel
How?

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
How?

How? How doesn't he? I can't believe how horribly some writers make him look sometimes. *cough Loeb cough*

Milkie
Are you freakin kidding me

Mary Marvel dropped Atom way back when and you think he is a match for Adam

rrriiigghhhtt

batdude123
Yeah, that was a crap showing and Mary Marvel was bloodlusted while Captain Atom was mind controlled. Good example. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You also seemed to forget that Captain Atom took down Hal Jordan.

UniOmni
Yeah. BA will destroy him worse than Mary did, and that was brutal.

Validus
Yeah, that was a crap showing and Mary Marvel was bloodlusted while Captain Atom was mind controlled. Good example. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You also seemed to forget that Captain Atom took down Hal Jordan.
Mary and Nathan were both mind controlled. There's a reason he attacked her first, ya know.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus
Mary and Nathan were both mind controlled. There's a reason he attacked her first, ya know.

And again it was an awful showing. A well written Captain Atom really shouldn't be getting beat by flying bricks like Captain Marvel/Black Adam/Superman.

Validus
And again it was an awful showing. A well written Captain Atom really shouldn't be getting beat by flying bricks like Captain Marvel/Black Adam/Superman.
Why is that? He isn't as fast as any of them nor as invulnerable.

Soleran

Thats your big problem CA hasn't been written very well because most of the writers and such aren't physicists...................

batdude123
Thats your big problem CA hasn't been written very well because most of the writers and such aren't physicists...................

Well they should be gilhiven shmowminmomen. geek

batdude123
Why is that? He isn't as fast as any of them nor as invulnerable.

And why exactly shouldn't a well written Captain Atom be as fast or as invulnerable considering his Quantum powers make him fast and invulnerable which is unlimited? Not to mention he's a bajillion of times more versatile than them.

Validus
And why exactly shouldn't a well written Captain Atom be as fast or as invulnerable considering his Quantum powers make him fast and invulnerable which is unlimited? Not to mention he's a bajillion of times more versatile than them.
I don't really care what his powers mean. Unless he's shown the speed, he doesn't have it. Same goes for durability.

A well written CA is kind of pipe dream for the reason stated by Soleran.

batdude123
I don't really care what his powers mean. Unless he's shown the speed, he doesn't have it. Same goes for durability.

A well written CA is kind of pipe dream for the reason stated by Soleran.

Well then writers aren't as smart as me I guess. smartass stick out tongue Why would they create a character like that and then have him job all the time? What the f**k? It doesn't make sense I tells ya.

Btw, he showed his speed against Hal Jordan.

Accel
Well then writers aren't as smart as me I guess. smartass stick out tongue Why would they create a character like that and then have him job all the time? What the f**k? It doesn't make sense I tells ya.
Well, they did it with Martian Manhunter. I guess they had no qualms about this.

Validus
Atom just has one of those powersets thats hard to nail down to a certain level. That's evidenced in the fact that he's ranged from a punching bag for mid tier bruisers like Power Girl all the way up to universal level.

batdude123
They need to find a happy median with him. erm That's why I was kinda glad when they made the Captain Atom: Armageddon series.

Validus
He just got a power-up in Battle for Bludhaven.

Milkie
Captain Marvel is getting huge upgrade anyway

Milkie
and the Marvel Family

batdude123
He just got a power-up in Battle for Bludhaven.

Really? I might be interested in that. When did it come out?

Milkie
AND i just posted in the wrong thread

Validus
Really? I might be interested in that. When did it come out?
Last week. I wouldn't recommend reading it because that was an absolutely god awful mini series.

batdude123
no expression

What was so bad about it?

Validus
I could ramble all day. I guess if you're an Atom fan you could read the last issue since that's all that really pertains to him.

batdude123
*sigh* I'll just save the money.

UniOmni
He gets the Monarch armor. And takes care of Major Force with ease.

batdude123
Well Major Force is a tool. laughing out loud

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
He gets the Monarch armor. And takes care of Major Force with ease.
Major Force is nothing to Atom though. The Monarch armor is the impressive part.

Redatom65
holy crap

Bat Dude, i don't believe i'm saying this but, YOUR ABSOULOUTLY RIGHT

Captain Atom will and would win this fight

No questions asked.

YEah one year later captain atom, i got to read that too

batdude123
Originally posted by Redatom65
holy crap

Bat Dude, i don't believe i'm saying this but, YOUR ABSOULOUTLY RIGHT

Captain Atom will and would win this fight

No questions asked

Gracias amigo. wink

Redatom65
haha well batdude do you mind posting some scans of captain atom outside of Armageddon because those are all in the respect thread(captain atom respect thread needs more scans)

batdude123
Originally posted by Redatom65
haha well batdude do you mind posting some scans of captain atom outside of Armageddon because those are all in the respect thread(captain atom respect thread needs more scans)

You want me to post some more scans in the respect thread? Alright. smile

Redatom65
i mean i have quite a bit of his stuff.

i have the super pals(cap shouldn't have been there)
his 1980's series
Armageddon all 9
Public Enemies
and L.A.W

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.