Victims of bad writing (jobbers) in fights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MJOILNIR
Who do you think are victims of bad writing? Who jobs the most when they shouldent? Im gonna start off with Champion. Thier is no way in hell he should lose to most of the characters that he loses to.

Soleran
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Who do you think are victims of bad writing? Who jobs the most when they shouldent? Im gonna start off with Champion. Thier is no way in hell he should lose to most of the characters that he loses to.

Alot of upper tier characters vs Wolverine, please continue to walk by , there is nothing to see here.

Dinalfos
I think every major character in comic dom has been a victim of bad writing on more than just a few occasions.

Apolloknight
Darkseid.........

bbrem123
onslaught

MJOILNIR
I should have specified the "worst" victims of it.

newjak86
The Worst Victim would probably be the Flash.

Accel
It's going to get even worse for Flash if Bart really has the whole Speed Force inside of him.

Classic Thor was an idiot most of the time.

jrodslam
Iceman and Flash.

King_Mungi
Alpha Flight, just look at some of their feats...yesh! uber

newjak86
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Alpha Flight, just look at some of their feats...yesh! uber as soon as I saw your name in here I knew Alpha Flight was coming next stick out tongue

Validus
Anyone with a decent amount of super speed. Talking Wonder Woman level speed and above here.

Green Lantern
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Iceman

Skeets
Superman....shifty

Soljer
I gotta say Thor, as well. He has great feats, but then he has a lot of low showings, as well. Even though he IS part of the next category as well....

Anyone capable of speedblitzing. Not that I don't understand WHY they don't do it in a comic. No one wants to see a comic that consists of two panels, but still. It leads some people to believe that Superman could conceivably be bested by the Hulk. Meh!

boriquaking55
Champion

King_Mungi
Originally posted by newjak86
as soon as I saw your name in here I knew Alpha Flight was coming next stick out tongue

Hey it's true they are underated for their powerset and feats.

rotiart
Galactus.

batdude123
CAPTAIN ATOM DAMMIT! mad

Mider
darkseid
apocalypse
galactus

Tassadar
Apocalypse, Galactus, Darkseid, Silver Surfer, just about all the major cosmics except Thanos.

Grimm22
Ultimate Thor and Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Cap in Ultimate War no expression

N'uff Said

The Fake Macoy
Rhino should also count in this list.

DickBlazer
Originally posted by Grimm22
Ultimate Thor and Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Cap in Ultimate War no expression

N'uff Said
Bad writing? or just being overpowered by a stronger character in the Ult. Universe? this ain't 616. thank god

Grimm22
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Bad writing? or just being overpowered by a stronger character in the Ult. Universe? this ain't 616. thank god

Ult. War = Crap no expression

You obviously are bias towards Ult. Colossus

Why would Ult. Iron Man let Wolveirne jump on his back?!!?

Why would Cap throw his sheild at magneto?!?

Why do Iron Man or Thor simply run right into Colossus when it is known that they are much smarter than that?!?!

Why is it that a guy who nearly trumped the Ultimates and the Europeon Ultimates gets beaten by the x-men's strongman?!?!

What the f**k?

Grimm22
Firelord big grin

Validus
Firelord big grin
Agreed. Can't believe I forgot him.

A guy with total control over fire should be absolutely hard as hell to defeat. I don't think people realize how much versatility that is.

MJOILNIR
The story of Spidey beating firelord was one of the most PIS filled books Ive ever read.

stay super
the one where sabretooth killed wendigo that was the dumbest thing i ever saw

Grimm22
Originally posted by stay super

Yeah, poor Wendigo has been plauged by PIS and jobbering for some time erm

bigbran
Originally posted by Validus
Anyone with a decent amount of super speed. Talking Wonder Woman level speed and above here.

Green Lantern
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Iceman i think you mean anyone with speed is overated.

galactus
ss
these two are victums of bad bad writing.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
The story of Spidey beating firelord was one of the most PIS filled books Ive ever read.

Not PIS, jobbing and CIS. Firelord himself admitted that he could incinnerate the entire earth if he wanted. But he chose a more honorable way.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Not PIS, jobbing and CIS. Firelord himself admitted that he could incinnerate the entire earth if he wanted. But he chose a more honorable way. Agreed, though I think most people consider Spider-Man KO'ing Firelord physically PIS, even though it apparently took a while of speed-blitzing, super-strength, spider-sense guided blows to do the job.

I'm not too keen on the way Terrax jobbed to Sentry. Bendis could have at least made it epic, like Beta Ray Bill vs Stardust. The Heralds must be easy targets for writers who want to make their shiny, new character look good.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by stay super

Yeah, poor Wendigo has been plauged by PIS and jobbering for some time erm

Not only that, the Cred/Sas fight was a joke. Sas gets little or no respect.

ExodusCloak
Exodus...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Not only that, the Cred/Sas fight was a joke. Sas gets little or no respect. Well he is Canadian... shifty

rotiart
I'd like to see Sentry go against a well written Quasar or Surfer.

Btw. wasn't Surfer's board broken by Thor before? Maybe they were just trying to make the analogy that Sentry is as strong as Thor... or even stronger.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Well he is Canadian... shifty

so is Sabertooth

kgkg
Green Lantern
Thor
Champion
Korvac
GLADIATOR!!!!!!!!!!
BATMAN!!!!!!!!

Fanboy
Originally posted by Accel
It's going to get even worse for Flash if Bart really has the whole Speed Force inside of him.

Classic Thor was an idiot most of the time.

Yeah especially when Spiderman beat him.

hulkrulz
superman can be bested by the Hulk, has happened

batdude123
Originally posted by hulkrulz
superman can be bested by the Hulk, has happened

In a noncanon crossover which holds ABSOLUTELY NO ground here on these forums. roll eyes (sarcastic) Superman owns Hulk 10/10.

Metalmanx
Ult. War = Crap no expression

You obviously are bias towards Ult. Colossus

Why would Ult. Iron Man let Wolveirne jump on his back?!!?

Why would Cap throw his sheild at magneto?!?

Why do Iron Man or Thor simply run right into Colossus when it is known that they are much smarter than that?!?!

Why is it that a guy who nearly trumped the Ultimates and the Europeon Ultimates gets beaten by the x-men's strongman?!?!

What the f**k?

It clearly states that Wolverine was made radar invisible. Thusly, Iron Man didn't know he was coming and therefore didn't know to avoid the attack.

Cap had nothing else at his disposal. He did the only thing he could do at the time.

And Iron Man and Thor felt confident that they could take Colossus. It had nothing to do with stupidity. They were arrogant.

Just because you don't like Ult. Colossus doesn't mean you should downplay his feats.

juggernaut66666
darkseid
galactus
gladiator
thor

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
darkseid
galactus
gladiator
thor
Very good examples wink

WhiteWitchKing
Darkseid. Suffers from Superman villain syndrome. He was never meant to be Superman's rogue gallery.

Galactus. Every time you need to show off your new cosmic hero or villain, Galactus shows up...and well...you guys know the rest.

Gladiator. Every time you need to show off your new cosmic hero or villain, Kallark shows up...and well...you guys know the rest. In other cases it's to indirectly slap DC and Superman in the face.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Gladiator. Every time you need to show off your new cosmic hero or villain, Kallark shows up...and well...you guys know the rest. In other cases it's to indirectly slap DC and Superman in the face.

Glads is a big jobber but I thought Cassies "fight" against him was pretty believable smile

bigbran
Originally posted by batdude123
In a noncanon crossover which holds ABSOLUTELY NO ground here on these forums. roll eyes (sarcastic) Superman owns Hulk 10/10. how cum every other crossover is canon?
but when superman gets beaten, its not canon.

bigbran
i agree that superman should beat hulk hard, but when supes gets beaten, its not canon1111111

MJOILNIR
Because just like when Supes lifts the earth(just an example) its fine but when Thor lifted the midgard serpant that weighs as much its considered bad writing by many on this board. Whats the difference?

Grimm22
Nearly anyone who fought Wolverine in Enemy of the State.... no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.