Civil War #4: Hercules vs Thor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aliveinboston
Any predictions? Speculation? Preferences? Frankly, if Thor is on the wrong side, I'd by happy to see Hercules beat some sense into him.

CW3
Codename: Lightning
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CivilWar/WarRoom/03/CW03_10.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0a/ThorCivilWar.jpg/386px-ThorCivilWar.jpg

Relating to CW4
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CivilWar/WarRoom/03/MCW004_dc.jpg

Full Interview:
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CivilWar/WarRoom/03/CivilWarRoom03.html

Accel
Either Herc or Sentry is fine. Cap needs someone who can stand up to Thor.

Validus
Cap needs someone who can stand up to Iron Man much less Thor.

Big Sexy
Though herc would be ok, its not gonna happen. The better shot is sentry

grey fox
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Though herc would be ok, its not gonna happen. The better shot is sentry

Damn straight , but is Sentries (rather fragile) psyche up to it ? I mean wouldn't you snap when your told to fight a GOD ?

Big Sexy
Originally posted by grey fox
Damn straight , but is Sentries (rather fragile) psyche up to it ? I mean wouldn't you snap when your told to fight a GOD ? This though isn't the true thor though. I hope that this awakens RKT since in the fight with Desak, Thor could fell when his power was being used by an avatar. First Sentry has to choose a side and we will see how it goes down.

Adam Warlock
Is there any mention of Beta Ray Bill in the Civil War? I mean, he is there on earth. Will he make an appearance? Especially since he'll assume his old friend is back.

Accel
Originally posted by Validus
Cap needs someone who can stand up to Iron Man much less Thor.
I'm almost positive they're going to have Cap somehow take down Iron Man, since these two have the biggest rivalry going on in the war.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Is there any mention of Beta Ray Bill in the Civil War? I mean, he is there on earth. Will he make an appearance? Especially since he'll assume his old friend is back. I doubt it, for one of Thors best friends, he seems to not keep up which whatb goes does with Thors life. Remember in ragnarok, Bill didn't even know that odin had died and thor was the new king of asgard

Validus
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Is there any mention of Beta Ray Bill in the Civil War? I mean, he is there on earth. Will he make an appearance? Especially since he'll assume his old friend is back.
I remember reading some interviews about Bill being part of Annihilation but I think that idea was canned.

riceroost
Sentry is not going to be the one to take on Thor. According to the solicitations for Wolverine's final issue of the Civil War story Sentry is working with Shield when Wolverine storms the Helicarrier, so Sentry seems to be out as a counterpart to Thor.

jrodslam
They could get Namor to fight Thor or Iron Man.

marvelprince
Originally posted by jrodslam

I think we're gonna see the other members of the Illumnati show up to defend Cap. Namor and Black Bolt are probably on the way

grey fox

Namor fighting Thor.....I just can't see it. It wouldn't seem fair , I mean Stark is one Thing ...but Thor !

That's like hopping from middleweight champion of your hometown boxing club to taking on the world heavy weight champ in a 28 round match....

jrodslam
Originally posted by marvelprince
I think we're gonna see the other members of the Illumnati show up to defend Cap. Namor and Black Bolt are probably on the way

Yea, that would rock.

Namor is suppose to be fighting Black Panther in October. At least thats what it shows on the cover.

jrodslam
Namor fighting Thor.....I just can't see it. It wouldn't seem fair , I mean Stark is one Thing ...but Thor !

That's like hopping from middleweight champion of your hometown boxing club to taking on the world heavy weight champ in a 28 round match....

I can see it. They have tussled before and plus Namor has currently been wearing his black outfit(which keeps him hydrated all the time) so hed always be at full strength. Thor even cheap-shot Namor once and it barely phazed him.

The fight isnt as one sided as you may think. Namor is a heavyweight as well you know.

grey fox
I can see it. They have tussled before and plus Namor has currently been wearing his black outfit(which keeps him hydrated all the time) so hed always be at full strength. Thor even cheap-shot Namor once and it barely phazed him.

The fight isnt as one sided as you may think. Namor is a heavyweight as well you know.

True , but he just doesn't have the versatility Thor has.

jrodslam

Namor may not need the versatility as long as he has the strength and speed. Thor hardly shows his versatility in fights with powerhouses anyway, so i dont think it would matter much.

aliveinboston

But is this the real Thor or someone else who, by picking up Mjolnir, was able to get some percentage of Thor's power? Given that Thor decided to "sleep", whatever that means, how much of Thor's power does this character have? If it's the real deal, then Namor is screwed, watersuit or not, but if not, then he stands a chance. But that's assuming Namor will take him on. Hercules is more powerful than Namor and would be a better choice.

MJOILNIR
Im not comvinced at all that its the real Thor?? Im hoping the real deal awakens then thier will be several ass's to kick.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
Im not comvinced at all that its the real Thor?? Im hoping the real deal awakens then thier will be several ass's to kick.

Should be quite a ride as we find out more. Civil War has already been one of the more interesting cross-title series to come out of Marvel of late.

King KAM
Dr.Strange is gonna come in wrecking shit

the Darkone
It could be Loki, he is a master deceiver.

jrodslam
Originally posted by aliveinboston
If it's the real deal, then Namor is screwed, watersuit or not, but if not, then he stands a chance.

How would Namor be screwed? Theyve tussled in the past and Namor has never been screwed. When hydrated Namor is top tier alopng with Hulk, Herc and Thor.

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Hercules is more powerful than Namor and would be a better choice.

Hercules is more powerful than Namor? How so? They are equals in terms of strength. Namor is faster and has the electricity(although it may not effect Herc). Herc is a better h2h combatant.

King KAM
How would Namor be screwed? Theyve tussled in the past and Namor has never been screwed. When hydrated Namor is top tier alopng with Hulk, Herc and Thor.

Hercules is more powerful than Namor? How so? They are equals in terms of strength. Namor is faster and has the electricity(although it may not effect Herc). Herc is a better h2h combatant. okay in terms of strength, feat wise...no way in hell they are equal....in hell oil tankers and bands of cyrottark or whatever the hell its spelled do not equal pulling mannhattan

jrodslam
Originally posted by King KAM
okay in terms of strength, feat wise...no way in hell they are equal....in hell oil tankers and bands of cyrottark or whatever the hell its spelled do not equal pulling mannhattan

I never mentioned feat wise. Battle wise however, they are equal. Its the same as Supes and Captain Marvel.

King KAM
I never mentioned feat wise. Battle wise however, they are equal. Its the same as Supes and Captain Marvel. Namor hasnt done much lately, and Thor is on a PIS high right now...Namor aint taking him

jrodslam
Originally posted by King KAM
Namor hasnt done much lately, and Thor is on a PIS high right now...Namor aint taking him

Well in Illuminati, Namor owned Iron Man briefly, but ill concede that he hasnt been around much. Thor hasnt either and we dont know if hes gotten an upgrade or anything as of yet. Nobody was expecting the lightning he blasted so hes not very impressive so far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.