Covenant+MC VS Combine+Gorden Freeman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Burning thought
The Covenant with their alien technology and soldiers with strangely for this fight has MC as their ally who has access to all Canon weapons in the game story from Halo Vs the universe consuming Combine empire with Dr freeman strangely as their ally from Half-Life game

Battle is on an enormous sandy plane with a large mountain in the middle, the plane is large enough to fit their armies and vehichles but no space ships are allows, only ground forces or small flyers such as vehichles seen in the games.

IMO the half-life combine would Pwn the Halo guys and Freeman would pwn chief but i think its a near enough match and they would not win without a reasonably hard fight

kamikz
Lol I was actually thinking about making this thread. I agree, Gordon and co. pwn....

Burning thought
yeah hehe, the dum assed aliens have no chance against the combine, and all freemen has to get out is the super gravity gun for an overkill, if he wants to kill without looking like a cheater then he can just use the good old RPG or SMG

kamikz
Yeah, that Super Gravity gun could probably rip out engines of the ships.... And the Combine is way to many for the Convenants.

Blaxican Hydra
MC could beat Freeman one on one if Freeman doesn't have the gravity gun.

Wait, does the gravity gun even do any damage, or does it just a metal susbtance toward you? If so Chief knocks Freeman THE FAWK DOWN!

With one punch I might add.

Burning thought
The normal gravity gun only picks objects up, however the super one can pick up living things, that kills them instantly, also it can pick up most other things, heavey machinery and such, also dont underestimate gorden, his intelligence and speed are quite high and his own suit has shields and augments his speed much like chiefs, but anyway even if chief was faster and stronger his weapons wether covenant or not are weak compared to Gordans, especially the super grav gun or without it he can use the Overwatch Standard Issue Pulse Rifle which fire hundreds of energy powered fast rounds a minute or can fire one large warp blast that instantly vapourises many things it touches, especially living things and soldiers.

kamikz
Yeah, MC will (quoting doctor Breen) "be destroyed in every way possible, and even some that are impossible"....

Burning thought
maybe freemen will name one of the particles that will destroy chief after him smile

also from the game

Blaxican Hydra
Has anyone here noticed that Darth Revan looks like commander Cobra?

SaTsuJiN
super grav gun crushes them all in one click... and then he heaves thier lifeless corpses into the atmosphere

Blaxican Hydra
MC wisn becausew ehs MC and he has tne halo novels as the ultimate weapons. I mean, the Halo novels are the ultimate weapons, their like his god mode.

kamikz
Zomg, o nose

SaTsuJiN
did I mention gordon launches the halo novels into the sun? big grin

Blaxican Hydra
o nose indeed! Why, MC can LIFT TOSN BECAUSE OF THE BOOK! HE CAN BLOW HIMSELF UP! HE IS T3H H4XX0RZ!

kamikz
!!!!!111!!!!5!!!!!!

Blaxican Hydra
You know Master Chief with wings that sprout out of his ass. The novels say so.

SaTsuJiN
he bench presses the solar system... although there is a part in the novel that says he can extinguish the sun with one breath... thats pretty leet

kamikz
Yeah well seriousley, I think this has been settled.....

Star Wars vs the whole Half-Life universe then?

Burning thought
hmm, if G-man can stop time then he wins but other than that i dont think the half-life peeps have world destroying weapons

kamikz
Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking. The G-Man could stop time, teleport him into the Emperor's throne chamber, then cut his throat or something, then return. Game over for the Empire....

Burning thought
the power to stop time is almost unbeatable, unless someone can reverse it somehow, but thats impossible considering G-mans powers are not known truly, only that he can do it, also we dont know what else he can do, he could have awsome powers, or that may be his only strength, also ive heard he has a gun in his briefcase he carries, so he could freeze time and then shoot people

kamikz
Well yeah, but the briefcase also says "BlackMesa research facility" so I don't think it is actually his own belongings. (Which means he does not really need a gun, especially since if you shoot him the bullets richochet away from him). The only ones that seem to be able to counter his powers are the Vortigauns and to some extent, Gordon....

eggmayo
Gman does have a .32 in his briefcase, along with some sandwiches and a newspaper. You can see it if you noclip to one of the numerous Gman sightings in the original Halflife.

kamikz
Yeah, but that might as well just be a coverup or just a briefcase with belongings he had for the moment or had found.

Blaxican Hydra
Killig nthe mepror wont matter.

The Empire went on to beat down the rebels for like twenty years after the Emperor died.

Hooverman
I noticed that some of you people are having trouble spelling Gordan Freeman right sad i mean come on show some respect for a great game like that smile

kamikz
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
Killig nthe mepror wont matter.

The Empire went on to beat down the rebels for like twenty years after the Emperor died.

His death left the Empire broke for a while, sure they got new leaders, but they were never as great as they once were. G-Man could kill every leader they have that way, better?

Lol, it's spelled "Gordon".

eggmayo
Did you mean: Gordon Freeman smile

Liquid_Fire
lol he could lift tons before the novels came out. As well as run faster yada yada, t'was in the manual.

Blax X
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
he bench presses the solar system... although there is a part in the novel that says he can extinguish the sun with one breath... thats pretty leet

Reshbj
Gordon would pwn Chief, because, let's face it, a Grunt could do that. But the Covenant would pwn the Combine. Before you disagree, let's look at the facts.

1. The Covenant can use portals to travel through space within one universe, but the Combine can only travel between universes. This would give an advantage to the Covenant, if the Combine were to attack first. Which they would, because the Covenant can't travel to their dimension.

2. The Combine took Earth in 7 hours. The Covenant vitrified reach in two and a half hours. I repeat. Vitrified. Reach. Two and a half hours.

3. The Covenant have the Mgalekgolo, more commonly known as Hunters. For those of you who don't know, imagine the Hulk. Give him indestructible plate armor. Give him an indestructible shield. Also, give him a Covenant Assault Cannon. (Mind you, this is a Covenant Assault Cannon. Range: Long. Accuracy: High. Fire rate: Continuous stream of incendiary radioactive gel). Then, give him near-psychic abilities. And just to rub it in, make at least a billion copies of him, and make them travel in pairs.

4. Covenant weapons are much cooler, and are very effective. Their
weakest weapon melts your skin off. Their strongest ones melt your planet off.

Covenant wins.

P.S. Gordon has ONE Gravity Gun. The Covenant has Gravity Hammers. Plural. And Gravity Cannons. Also plural.

Ms.Marvel
if a grunt could do it then how come the chief has killed hundreds if not thousands of grunts but not a single grunt has killed him?

Reshbj
They have. Many, many times. It's called "respawning".
But more often, it's Jackals that kill him. Say "Sniper Alley" to a Halo 2 player and watch them twitch.

Wei Phoenix
Are you using multiplayer gameplay mechanics as evidence?

Reshbj
I do realize now how my previous reply could have been misunderstood.
What I mean is, it's not all that hard for a Grunt to kill Master Chief, especially one with plasma grenades, or a Grunt Heavy at a distance. And the whole point of my post was to say that the Covenant would beat the Combine, or at least what we've seen of them. This is not Gordon Freeman vs Master Chief. I am simply answering the original question.

Wei Phoenix
If it's not hard then why haven't they done it yet?

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Reshbj
They have. Many, many times. It's called "respawning".
But more often, it's Jackals that kill him. Say "Sniper Alley" to a Halo 2 player and watch them twitch.

respawning isnt canon. no expression if you want to use that kind of logic gordon can be killed by the first little enemies you encounter in the game the little hopping ones. no expression stick out tongue

Reshbj
Why does nobody understand? That's not what I mean! All I'm saying is, it's entirely plausible for a Grunt to kill Master Chief, even though it never canonically happens! Which I am using to prove my point that Gordon could beat him. And it's not the only reason. There are many, many more.

doan_m
Its also entirely plausible for your standard mook armed with a rifle, to be able to kill Batman, yet you never see that happen.

hassuchalife
Right, put it this way. The Super Gravity gun kills ANYTHIGN instantly, can pull down the Combine mothership (Valve interview, they said so) and can destroy a portal. Thats enough for Freeman to kill MC. Know the Combine vs Covenant. Happy Dance The Combine mothership probably has enough power to destroy the entire covenant fleet. 'Nuff said.

BTW, I am not a Half Life fanboy. Heck, I like Halo more than half life, however im just saying, the Combine and GF are the most powerfull.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.