Superman vs. Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soss
Debate/Discuss

I think it would be a good fight. Unsure myself of who would win right now.

General Kon-El
Superman definitely

zachrivard
what would IM do to hurt supes? Superman 9/10

batdude123
Originally posted by Soss
Debate/Discuss

hysterical hysterical hysterical

rotiart
Man of Steel vs Iron Man.

In real life Steel is a lot stronger that Iron, its more durable also. So if we go by that conclusion a Man made of steel is gonna beat a Man made of Iron.

Iron Man isn't even in the same tier as Superman. Its like they are playing texas hold'em. and IronMan has a full house, and Superman has a Royal Flush.

Dinalfos
I hate to say it, but Superman destroys Ironman. He has no chance at all.

loosecano
superman, i'm pretty sure superman could punch his armor off.

JOE NUNEZ
No way Ironman would destry Superman, bully him, throw him to the sun.. laughing

stay super
NO QUESTION SUPERMAN WIND 10/10

rotiart
Ironman, realizing how powerful superman is, uses a last ditch effort, all the power of his suit, and all of his other suits, to shove superman into the sun. Thinking Superman is defeated, IM goes back to earth to find... sundipped superman waiting for him.

JOE NUNEZ
This is a mis match...

lilnutta12
superman - 10/10
sundip - 20/10
cyborg - 7/10
cyborg w rings - 100/10
all others over 10

batdude123
Are you kidding? What the f**k? Cyborg would also own his ass 10/10 as well.

kgkg

batdude123
Pfffffffffft. Superman 10/10 is more like it.

kgkg
Originally posted by batdude123
Pfffffffffft. Superman 10/10 is more like it.
You never know Iron Man has defeated worse he has at least 1 chance to pull something crazy.

But physically he can't hurt supes

batdude123
Originally posted by kgkg
You never know Iron Man has defeated worse he has at least 1 chance to pull something crazy.

But physically he can't hurt supes

You honestly think SUPERMAN hasn't defeated worse than Iron Man? no expression He does in nearly every comic he's in.

kgkg
You honestly think SUPERMAN hasn't defeated worse than Iron Man? no expression He does in nearly every comic he's in. thats why i said superman wins 9/10 wink

batdude123
thats why i said superman wins 9/10 wink

Wrong. He wins 10/10 wink

badabing
Wrong. He wins 10/10 wink ninja

Rewmac
Well, well not so fast. Tony stark has complete data on every superhero. He survived the Collective and then with prep he made it. The thing is if Tony has complete data on Supes and enough time he can develop an armor to counter Supes. Even keep up with his speed.

batdude123
Um, he doesn't, and it would be a repeat of what happened with Sentry. shifty

kgkg
Wrong. He wins 10/10 wink 9/10 cool

batdude123
9/10 cool

11/10 no expression

kgkg
11/10 no expression Happy Dance

Scorpiom
REE-DIC-YOU-LUS!!!! Now come on... most of you guys right IM off like he is a 2nd rate person. But on another thread you are probably the same guy who says IM could win against Hulk. And uhh... he did (with the Hulk Armor). No prep I think SM would take it, but it would be a great fight... along the lines of DDay. But with prep SM would get owned. Look lets break this down....

SM strength... along the lines of Hulk.

SM heat vision... along the lines of Cyclops (crap)

SM speed... along the lines of quicksilver to flash (not as fast as flash but not as slow as QS)

The only advantage here is his speed and with all the techno already in the standard armor I am sure IM could take him 7 out of 10 times, with no prep.

10 outta 10 w/ prep!!!

batdude123
Originally posted by Scorpiom
REE-DIC-YOU-LUS!!!! Now come on... most of you guys right IM off like he is a 2nd rate person. But on another thread you are probably the same guy who says IM could win against Hulk. And uhh... he did (with the Hulk Armor). No prep I think SM would take it, but it would be a great fight... along the lines of DDay. But with prep SM would get owned. Look lets break this down....

SM speed... along the lines of quicksilver to flash (not as fast as flash but not as slow as QS)

The only advantage here is his speed and with all the techno already in the standard armor I am sure IM could take him 7 out of 10 times, with no prep.

10 outta 10 w/ prep!!!

Pffffffffft. What a fanboy!!! laughing Superman wins 10/10. roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg

10 outta 10 w/ prep!!! Good fight?

How would he hurt Superman?

HUlk is no superman!!!!!! SUperman is almost a fast as Flash

SUperman Speed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> quicksilver

Longinus
correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Iron was the strongest metal next to Titanium and after Iron there was steel?

batdude123
And saying his heat vision is no better than Cyclops' optic blasts??? What the f**k? Gimme a f*cking break. He knows absolutely NOTHING about Superman if this is what he believes.

batdude123
Originally posted by Longinus
correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Iron was the strongest metal next to Titanium and after Iron there was steel?

You proccess iron ore to get iron, and then you proccess iron even further to get steel. ninja

Scorpiom
Pffffffffft. What a fanboy!!! laughing Superman wins 10/10. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fanboy my A%$!!!!! Look ther is no way SM is that good! Yeah I will admit he is a powerful character but come on. Looky here Fan boy, Iron Man is not the same way he was yesterday or the day before. He is always improving. SM has been the same since.. well, some 50 years!!! This shouldve been one they played out in Amalgram. (all in good fun...)

But I STILL have to disagree, there is no way SM would win 10/10. NO WAY! GL maybe... 7/10, SM 3/10

batdude123
Fanboy my A%$!!!!! Look ther is no way SM is that good! Yeah I will admit he is a powerful character but come on. Looky here Fan boy, Iron Man is not the same way he was yesterday or the day before. He is always improving. SM has been the same since.. well, some 50 years!!! This shouldve been one they played out in Amalgram. (all in good fun...)

But I STILL have to disagree, there is no way SM would win 10/10. NO WAY! GL maybe... 7/10, SM 3/10

Okay everything in that is wrong. Superman has been getting more and more powerful since DOS. You don't even read Superman, this I can tell from your post. So why even bother posting here? Iron Man can't hurt him. I think it's funny how you turned the fanboy title around back at me. How classic. roll eyes (sarcastic) No, you sir, are the fanboy and considering you compare Superman's heat vision to Cyclops' optic blasts, you're just plain ignorant as well. Have you even seen the Sentry vs. Iron Man fight yet? Sentry owned his ass in one freakin punch, and Sentry is just a Superman rip off. Superman 10/10.

kgkg

But I STILL have to disagree, there is no way SM would win 10/10. NO WAY! GL maybe... 7/10, SM 3/10 SM has been same.......... laughing read his comics he gets faster stronger........ every year.... lol

Sentry beat him easily Supes can do the same

Avalonofthewind
This is what happens to Iron man... Just change "Major" to "Tony"...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/Supermanv218517.jpg

badabing

What the f**k? wacko eek2 messed eerjawdrop

batdude123
Originally posted by badabing
What the f**k? wacko eek2 messed eerjawdrop

Don't worry, he's a retard. wink

Rewmac
Um, he doesn't, and it would be a repeat of what happened with Sentry. shifty With prep who knows? If Wolverine could become unkillable in 43 everything can happen...I can trust writers anymore... confused

Avalonofthewind
Are you kidding? What the f**k? Cyborg would also own his ass 10/10 as well.

Damn right.... BORG 10/10

Look at what would happen to Tony...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/borgflesh.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/borgflesh2.jpg

Either he becomes a new body for Borg

-OR-

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/cyborg.jpg

badabing
Don't worry, he's a retard. wink
Thank Jesus. I though I had slipped into insanity.crazy

Scorpiom
Okay everything in that is wrong. Superman has been getting more and more powerful since DOS. You don't even read Superman, this I can tell from your post. So why even bother posting here? Iron Man can't hurt him. I think it's funny how you turned the fanboy title around back at me. How classic. roll eyes (sarcastic) No, you sir, are the fanboy and considering you compare Superman's heat vision to Cyclops' optic blasts, you're just plain ignorant as well. Have you even seen the Sentry vs. Iron Man fight yet? Sentry owned his ass in one freakin punch, and Sentry is just a Superman rip off. Superman 10/10.

Superman... regardless of what you say is that same he was 50 years ago. He fights someone, almost loses then wins. Oh yeah super man gets stronger every year, Red/Blue superman would be a better fight against Iron Man. And that was a flop!!

Iron Man cant hurt him, do you know what you are saying? Oh so now IM is along the same lines as MIZELPLK (or whatever) or the Toy Man ( or whatever). Both losers with funny names.

rotiart
Superman> Sentry

Sentry beat IronMan.
Sentry said regarding ironman's speed, Man He's fast. Watched as iron man was flying away as fast as he could go. Then within 2 panels had caught up and knocked him out of the sky.

that was extremis ironman

The superadaptoid with the powers of sentry was slowed down only after Iron Man unleashed every copy of his Iron Man suit he had on her....

Ironman dies against superman. Ironman hits mach 8.7 pushing it. Superman hits light speed pushing it.

anyone see a difference?

batdude123
Superman... regardless of what you say is that same he was 50 years ago. He fights someone, almost loses then wins. Oh yeah super man gets stronger every year, Red/Blue superman would be a better fight against Iron Man. And that was a flop!!

Iron Man cant hurt him, do you know what you are saying? Oh so now IM is along the same lines as MIZELPLK (or whatever) or the Toy Man ( or whatever). Both losers with funny names.

Okay, you are litterally THE worst fanboy on the forums. laughing Iron Man CANNOT hurt him. Do you even know who Mr. Mxyzptlk is? What the f**k? Once again, apparently not. He's a FIFTH DIMENSIONAL IMP with incredible powers beyond anyting of comprehension. Imps destroying universes and rebuild them just for fun. What a freakin n00b. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tony is completely outclassed in the power and speed department. Tony doesn't have faster than light reaction speeds. Superman rips off Stark's armor and shoves it up his ass.

Superman for the win 10/10. N00B!

Avalonofthewind
Superman goes to the fortress of Solitude and builds the TONYBUSTER armor...

He then gives it to Jimmy who proceeds to beat the living **** out of Tony. wink

Scorpiom
Okay, you are litterally THE worst fanboy on the forums. laughing Iron Man CANNOT hurt him. Do you even know who Mr. Mxyzptlk is? What the f**k? Once again, apparently not. He's a FIFTH DIMENSIONAL IMP with incredible powers beyond anyting of comprehension. Imps destroying universes and rebuild them just for fun. What a freakin n00b. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Tony is completely outclassed in the power and speed department. Tony doesn't have faster than light reaction speeds. Superman rips off Stark's armor and shoves it up his ass.

Superman for the win 10/10. N00B!

HOLY CRAP! Wow the fifth dimesion, are you serious? WOW! Noob or not Super Man is not the invulnerable super duper person who cant lose to anyone. I said it before and I said it again, he did own Hulk. Hulk IS on par with Supes strength and speed in a fight. If IM wasnt busy with the whole Civil War thing, he would walk over there and teach Supes a thing or 2 about respect.

batdude123
HOLY CRAP! Wow the fifth dimesion, are you serious? WOW! Noob or not Super Man is not the invulnerable super duper person who cant lose to anyone. I said it before and I said it again, he did own Hulk. Hulk IS on par with Supes strength and speed in a fight. If IM wasnt busy with the whole Civil War thing, he would walk over there and teach Supes a thing or 2 about respect.

Okay, you're referring to a NONCANON comic that cannot be used as evidence. roll eyes (sarcastic) Noncanon means that it isn't in the official timeline which is considered canonical. Noncanon=CRAP! Besides, that was fan voted anyway...

And did you just say "Hulk IS on par with Supes speed in a fight?" What the f**k? When has Hulk done anything like this?:

batdude123
Or this?

Scorpiom
Okay, you're referring to a NONCANON comic that cannot be used as evidence. roll eyes (sarcastic) Noncanon means that it isn't in the official timeline which is considered canonical. Noncanon=CRAP! Besides, that was fan voted anyway...

And did you just say "Hulk IS on par with Supes speed in a fight?" What the f**k? When has Hulk done anything like this?:

The speed I was refering to was how fast each could punch... I think... Look the more I talk to you the more I realize that you think Supes would win 10/10. I think my original post was IM would win 7/10, well, ok. We agree to disagree.

But dont you agree with the prep time IM could take SM? Or not.

badabing

WRONG!

batdude123
Or using his speed to vibrate himself intangible?

batdude123
The speed I was refering to was how fast each could punch... I think... Look the more I talk to you the more I realize that you think Supes would win 10/10. I think my original post was IM would win 7/10, well, ok. We agree to disagree.

But dont you agree with the prep time IM could take SM? Or not.

With prep? Sure.

Without? Tony's a deadman. wink

Scorpiom
With prep? Sure.

Without? Tony's a deadman. wink

Two Shea!! Or whatever.. I believe you have won this argument! But it would be a good fight either way.

Blair Wind
Knowledge is power

shifty

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t371890.html

batdude123
Two Shea!! Or whatever.. I believe you have won this argument! But it would be a good fight either way.

I'm not saying that Supes RIGHT AWAY would take his armor and jam it up his ass; it would take a few seconds.... shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Knowledge is power

shifty

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t371890.html

Damn straight. Supes is one powerful mofo. Happy Dance

Scorpiom
Damn straight. Supes is one powerful mofo. Happy Dance

Damn that was alot to absorb. I am not going to say Supes is a wuss or anything. But you could make anyone look like that. Even speedball!

batdude123
Damn that was alot to absorb. I am not going to say Supes is a wuss or anything. But you could make anyone look like that. Even speedball!

He was the first to "be like that." no expression

batdude123

Besides, you realize Tony was owned by Sentry with ONE PUNCH who is a copy of Superman. no expression

Scorpiom
Hehe... Good points, everyone wants to be like mike. Got it.

But its so fun to root for the under dog.

Rewmac
Besides, you realize Tony was owned by Sentry with ONE PUNCH who is a copy of Superman. no expression
He isn't a copy, just similiar (pssstt...maybe a nice rip-off in someways) mad roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue embarrasment shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by Rewmac
He isn't a copy, just similiar (pssstt...maybe a nice rip-off in someways) mad roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue embarrasment shifty

Hey, I never said I didn't like him, but you can't deny the fact that he's a Superman copy/rip off. stick out tongue

batdude123
Hehe... Good points, everyone wants to be like mike. Got it.

But its so fun to root for the under dog.

Oh, no, I understand. wink

badabing
Bump

Darth Vegas
With prep time, I'd say that Tony could easily come up with a suit that utilizes kryptonite in some way. In that case, Tony would take out Supes rather easily.

In a random encounter/fight (no prep time for Tony), Supes would mop the floor with Iron Man. 10/10

xmarksthespot
This thread is too funny. I have a stitch.

Superman 100/10.

bigbran
shit!! my stupid comp, screwed up and my post didnt go throough.

bigbran
anyway im gets beat harder than glads beat his weiner.

Rewmac
Hey, I never said I didn't like him, but you can't deny the fact that he's a Superman copy/rip off. stick out tongue Yeah but at least he isn't all over the things...

mighty adam

Superman for the win 10/10. N00B! lol iron man lost to omega red now people think he can throw down with supes sad. no expression

Tony Stark

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't you think your getting a little ahead of yourself? If you think that was the last of the Sentry fight you really are a moron and not just a DCfanboy. With Tony's EXTREMIS he's got a healing factor that rivals Wolverines... believe me IM #11 will be the actual fight and obviously it wont turn out as you IM haters would like it to because of the cover of IM #12 it shows IM is not in some maximum security cell guarded by Sentry.

BTW there are many ways for Iron man to beat Supes. Isn't Supes stronger and faster than 99% of the villains he faces and yet before DD and DS came around he wasn't undefeated. So why can't IM do it.

Ahhhh... I remember... It's because of the big DC in the upper left of Supermans comics.

wink

Without prep Supes 6/10

With prep Iron man 9/10

batdude123
Originally posted by Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't you think your getting a little ahead of yourself? If you think that was the last of the Sentry fight you really are a moron and not just a DCfanboy. With Tony's EXTREMIS he's got a healing factor that rivals Wolverines... believe me IM #11 will be the actual fight and obviously it wont turn out as you IM haters would like it to because of the cover of IM #12 it shows IM is not in some maximum security cell guarded by Sentry.

BTW there are many ways for Iron man to beat Supes. Isn't Supes stronger and faster than 99% of the villains he faces and yet before DD and DS came around he wasn't undefeated. So why can't IM do it.

Ahhhh... I remember... It's because of the big DC in the upper left of Supermans comics.

wink

Without prep Supes 6/10

With prep Iron man 9/10

Wow, you're even more of a fanboy than I thought if you believe that Tony would beat Superman 4/10. No wonder nobody takes you seriously. erm You're so blinded by your Tony Stark love. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ooooooooh. You brought up a healing factor. roll eyes (sarcastic) Too bad Superman has a bio aura around his entire body AND he has a healing factor ABOVE Wolverine as well. He thinks and reacts much faster than Tony does, he's stronger. Sorry, there's nothing for Iron Man to do. I know that upsets you, but you have to get over it. Tony LOSES 10/10.

UniOmni
Sorry, Batdude Superman doesn't have a hf above Wolverine.
Nothing he's done has shown that.
And does he really have a accelerated hf??

Cuz if he does, so does Namor and iirc Aquaman.

Due to the fact that his healing is dependent on his envoirnment.

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
Sorry, Batdude Superman doesn't have a hf above Wolverine.
Nothing he's done has shown that.
And does he really have a accelerated hf??

Cuz if he does, so does Namor and iirc Aquaman.

Due to the fact that his healing is dependent on his envoirnment.

Wonder Woman sliced his neck open with her tiara and he healed from it in seconds.

Mindship
hysterical hysterical hysterical

What he said ^

Well, with prep I could see Iron Man putting up something of a fight (figure comparable to Supes fighting Lex in his special armor).

UniOmni
But his solar intake is the force behind the healing. In a room without access to solar energy, he would die from that.
His hf isn't innate, but comes from outside sources. Like Namor.

batdude123
But his solar intake is the force behind the healing. In a room without access to solar energy, he would die from that.

What the f**k?

Uh huh, and Superman can't use heat vision too unless he's outside... ninja

rico777

^^ROFL!

So I guess Superman's toast in most home basements where light doesnt seem to get through =/ I had the same reaction that you had batdude lol!

Tony Stark
Wow, you're even more of a fanboy than I thought if you believe that Tony would beat Superman 4/10. No wonder nobody takes you seriously. erm You're so blinded by your Tony Stark love. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ooooooooh. You brought up a healing factor. roll eyes (sarcastic) Too bad Superman has a bio aura around his entire body AND he has a healing factor ABOVE Wolverine as well. He thinks and reacts much faster than Tony does, he's stronger. Sorry, there's nothing for Iron Man to do. I know that upsets you, but you have to get over it. Tony LOSES 10/10.

confused

eek!

laughing

laughing out loud

rolling on floor laughing

Nobody takes "ME" seriously...?

laughing

Have you actually read any of your post? My god they are so DCfanboyish and nonfactual it's amazing the moderators still allow you to post on these comic forums because it doesn't seem as if you've ever actually read a comic book in your life. Nothing that you type on these pages has any merit nor gains any respect from anyone who does actually read comics on even a semi-regular basis. So you telling me that you disagree with my point of view makes me feel very happy confirming my point of view as being the correct one as I always knew it was from the beginning... And I thank you.

wink

bigbran
ok superman isnt invincible, and if he had a healing factor, he wouldnt have gotten killed.
but, im on supes side now, superman may not be those 2 above things, but i really dont see iron man hurting him. hell take away supermans speed and he still wins.
im would be really hard pressed to get one win on supes. and explain me this, what is tony going to do with prep?
ill be honest, i really dont like superman, but tony is doing shit all to him.
and if you dont want to be portrayed as a fanboy, id stop arguing.
ive been called a fanboy for saying thanos can beat supes, which is a billion times more believable than im could even put superman down once!!!
go bring your love for tony somewhere else, because your pretty wrong on this thread!!!

RUNMAN
Superman is a very badly written character IMO. Very inconsistent, no logic nor science to explain him. He's basically a fan-driven hero who's cool if you're in grade school and grow out off eventually...

He probably has been written to have most powers a kid would imagine a super hero having.

Well... I remember there were comics that tried to explain Superman's powers as being psionic in nature and that he subconsciously used telekinesis to move things (but then they dropped that whole thing and left it up to the imagination).

Otherwise how could he lift a building by one corner, tilted at an angle? You set a building (especially one that's cut in half) at a 5 degree angle and it's just gonna collapse into rubble. Heck, a house can't support itself either. You just can't lift one... because there's nothing strong enough to hold it together.

Superman physics never makes sense. You just have to sit back and live with it.

He should have bugs in his teeth every time he flies...

He only has superspeed when it drives the plot. it goes away whenever somebody is holding a hostage at gunpoint...

His X-ray vision works HOW again? And why does 1/4" of lead block it, yet 80 feet of steel, 100 feet of concrete, and 6 miles of bedrock does NOT block it?

How does Superman fly? Does he use lift? What's his propulsion? I mean, seriously, what makes him go forward and stop and elevate, etc.? Newton's laws govern even superhero movement. How does Superman fly in space?

How can Superman metabolize earth food? If he's metabolizing earth elements, then his body has to be made of earth elements. Not Kryptonian elements. He's 10x the size he used to be when he was a baby, so most of his bones are made of EARTH elements. What are they? Calcium? Carbon graphite? To look like a human and be able to impregnate a human (as he does in some comics and movies), he must have sperm made from Earth organic compounds. Dude weighs a reasonable amount (under a ton, for example) and when he was a baby, his parents lifted him, so you can't pretend he's made of superdense material... Even if he were somehow "flying"/levitating to avoid crushing through the floor with his feet... how does that explain that the BABY version of him didn't weigh a ton, given that he never learned to fly until he was a teenager?

Superman makes no sense at all.

Plus when superman flies faster than the space shuttle (re-entry speed 16,250 MPH) his face and body should be white hot, from the friction (and blackbody radiation temperature is uniform across materials, so no matter what material he is made of, when he is 1700 degrees he's gonna be red hot...

...and he should be more like 3000 degrees or more, because unlike the shuttle, he does not have "ABLATIVE SHIELDING" (i.e. his skin doesn't evaporate away to cool him off... he's solid and stays solid, so he'll heat up to unbelievable temperatures).

Superbreath? To produce winds of 50 mph that are THAT COVER THAT WIDE AN AREA , the velocity of air coming out of that tiny orifice of a mouth has got to be in excess of the velocities from a plasma torch... i.e. again, he should be breathing FIRE at his lips.

badabing
Superman can supposedly manipulate gravitons for flight.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by mighty adam
lol iron man lost to omega red

Oh really??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/rpts21/Marvel/IronMan/IMOR2.jpg

RUNMAN
HOW CAN NOBODY TELL IT'S NOT CLARK KENT!?!?!?

The Shoveller (William H Macy): If we had a billionaire like Lance Hunt as our benefactor...

Mr. Furious (Ben Stiller): That's because Lance Hunt *IS* Captain Amazing

The Shoveller: Don't start that *again*. Lance Hunt wears glasses. Captain Amazing *doesn't* wear glasses.

Mr. Furious: He takes them off when he transforms.

The Shoveller: That doesn't make any sense, he wouldn't be able to see.

HAHAHA!!

D-Block
I want to know what can IM do to Superman without using kryptonite

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by RUNMAN
His X-ray vision works HOW again? And why does 1/4" of lead block it, yet 80 feet of steel, 100 feet of concrete, and 6 miles of bedrock does NOT block it?

Chemistry 101.

Lead, the element, has a very high density. Gamma rays and X-Rays cannot penetrate it easily, hence the reason why you wear that big, cumbersome lead apron when you get your teeth X-Rayed.

That is why Superman's X-Ray vision cannot penetrate lead.

As for the other stuff, who the hell knows? It's a comic book for pete's sake.

RUNMAN
While x-rays can penetrate 80 feet of steel, 100 feet of concrete, and 6 miles of bedrock ???

Darth Vegas
While x-rays can penetrate 80 feet of steel, 100 feet of concrete, and 6 miles of bedrock ???

Damned if I know.

I just gave an explanation for lead.

RUNMAN
Anyways, my point being, Superman is probably the strongest hero of his era yet if you look intently at the pattern of comic book sales, many other heroes have gained ground on him by virtue of the fact that they are more realistic, logical and based on some scientific notion or theory...

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by D-Block
I want to know what can IM do to Superman without using kryptonite

Nothing.

Kryptonite-enhanced armor would be Iron Man's only saving grace. However, I suspect that Tony could easily come up with an armor that fires Kryptonite repulsors or some forcefield powered by or derived from Kryptonite.

Iron Man is obviously outclassed in the power/speed department, but he's much brighter and more resourceful than Supes. That should count for something. Hell, if people say that Batman can give Superman a run for his money laughing out loud , Iron Man should be able to as well if not more so.

D-Block
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
Nothing.

Kryptonite-enhanced armor would be Iron Man's only saving grace. However, I suspect that Tony could easily come up with an armor that fires Kryptonite repulsors or some forcefield powered by or derived from Kryptonite.

Iron Man is obviously outclassed in the power/speed department, but he's much brighter and more resourceful than Supes. That should count for something. Hell, if people say that Batman can give Superman a run for his money laughing out loud , Iron Man should be able to as well if not more so.

They say that but Batman should die in a second in a fight against superman K ring or not.

RUNMAN
^^ True that

batdude123
confused

eek!

laughing

Nobody takes "ME" seriously...?

laughing

Have you actually read any of your post? My god they are so DCfanboyish and nonfactual it's amazing the moderators still allow you to post on these comic forums because it doesn't seem as if you've ever actually read a comic book in your life. Nothing that you type on these pages has any merit nor gains any respect from anyone who does actually read comics on even a semi-regular basis. So you telling me that you disagree with my point of view makes me feel very happy confirming my point of view as being the correct one as I always knew it was from the beginning... And I thank you.

You know, you telling me that is really funny. Mr. "Iron Man can beat anybody." roll eyes (sarcastic) Gimme a f*ckin break. You're so blinded by your fanboyism on these threads, it's hilarious. I wonder why people even bother arguing against you. Somebody could bring factual information to the table, completely SMOKE you in the debate, will making you look like an idiot (which you do a very nice job of just by yourself), and you'll still say "NOPE... NOPE... IRON MAN FOR TEH WINZZOR!@#$!#$!#$%!@!!!!!" Telling me I have no merit around these forums is a knee slapper considering the dumbass things you've said in the past. Yeah, you keep posting dumbass fanboy crap like this, so people can still consider you the laughing stock of the versus forum. I know I'll just keep sitting back and laughing at you. laughing What the f*ck is Tony going to do to a VASTLY superior character like Superman??? Oh, that's right, NOTHING. N00b. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by D-Block
They say that but Batman should die in a second in a fight against superman K ring or not.

Of course he would.

Batman is alive and breathing only because Superman allows it.

RUNMAN
^^ true too

Wolverine2006
Hey does anyone have any pics of the new Iron Man movie poster

Tony Stark
You know, you telling me that is really funny. Mr. "Iron Man can beat anybody." roll eyes (sarcastic) Gimme a f*ckin break. You're so blinded by your fanboyism on these threads, it's hilarious. I wonder why people even bother arguing against you. Somebody could bring factual information to the table, completely SMOKE you in the debate, will making you look like an idiot (which you do a very nice job of just by yourself), and you'll still say "NOPE... NOPE... IRON MAN FOR TEH WINZZOR!@#$!#$!#$%!@!!!!!" Telling me I have no merit around these forums is a knee slapper considering the dumbass things you've said in the past. Yeah, you keep posting dumbass fanboy crap like this, so people can still consider you the laughing stock of the versus forum. I know I'll just keep sitting back and laughing at you. laughing What the f*ck is Tony going to do to a VASTLY superior character like Superman??? Oh, that's right, NOTHING. N00b. roll eyes (sarcastic)

roll eyes (sarcastic)

How old are you 6? Iron man will probably do the same thing he has done to take on...

THOR who is>Superman
Silver Surfer who is>Superman
The HULK who is>Superman
The Collective who is>Superman
The Super-Adaptoid who is>Superman
RKT who is>Superman

And BTW 02/12/05>03/10/06 NOOB!!!

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Hey does anyone have any pics of the new Iron Man movie poster

Wolverine2006
Thanx alot but is that the poster for the live action movie or the cartoon one?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Thanx alot but is that the poster for the live action movie or the cartoon one?

Didn't know that there was going to be a cartoon one... I think it's the Tom Cruise (Tony Stark) one.

bigbran
roll eyes (sarcastic)

How old are you 6? Iron man will probably do the same thing he has done to take on...

THOR who is>Superman
The HULK who is>Superman
RKT who is>Superman

And BTW 02/12/05>03/10/06 NOOB!!! thor is debatable.
hulk isnt over supes.
and all of those fights seem like pis to me. he koed surfer!!! that is pis.

bigbran
Originally posted by bigbran
ok superman isnt invincible, and if he had a healing factor, he wouldnt have gotten killed.
but, im on supes side now, superman may not be those 2 above things, but i really dont see iron man hurting him. hell take away supermans speed and he still wins.
im would be really hard pressed to get one win on supes. and explain me this, what is tony going to do with prep?
ill be honest, i really dont like superman, but tony is doing shit all to him.
and if you dont want to be portrayed as a fanboy, id stop arguing.
ive been called a fanboy for saying thanos can beat supes, which is a billion times more believable than im could even put superman down once!!!
go bring your love for tony somewhere else, because your pretty wrong on this thread!!! this still stands, unless you actually can intellegently prove me wrong.

kgkg
Originally posted by bigbran
thor is debatable.
hulk isnt over supes.
and all of those fights seem like pis to me. he koed surfer!!! that is pis. Not Pis ........... he absorbed his powers .......... was about to be blown .... cuz it was do much energy........... Both get K.O

but this was a sneak attack.

Iron Man even says that a SS holding back can destory him.

And Iron Man best attaks had no effected on SS

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Soss
Debate/Discuss

No offence but this is a silly thread. Iron man is a human in a tin suit vs Superman, who is practically a god. Not even close.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by aliveinboston
No offence but this is a silly thread. Iron man is a human in a tin suit vs Superman, who is practically a god. Not even close. Look at lex,one of supermans works enemies.

JOE NUNEZ
Ironman can win, if he uses his Herald suit. Oh you didn't know about the Herald suit? Yeah, it seems that Galactus hooked Ironman up with a suit made of alien metal, that was powered by the power cosmic...

bigbran
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
Ironman can win, if he uses his Herald suit. Oh you didn't know about the Herald suit? Yeah, it seems that Galactus hooked Ironman up with a suit made of alien metal, that was powered by the power cosmic... pics?

D-Block
This still going on IM loses

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
Ironman can win, if he uses his Herald suit. Oh you didn't know about the Herald suit? Yeah, it seems that Galactus hooked Ironman up with a suit made of alien metal, that was powered by the power cosmic... Dude, i want copyrights on this idea..... eek!

Tony Stark
Not Pis ........... he absorbed his powers .......... was about to be blown .... cuz it was do much energy........... Both get K.O

but this was a sneak attack.

Iron Man even says that a SS holding back can destory him.

And Iron Man best attaks had no effected on SS

cool

That was armor from 20+yrs ago EXTREMIS is a "slight" laughing upgrade from then. He shouldn't have much problems holding the PC energy now.

wink

bigbran
cool

That was armor from 20+yrs ago EXTREMIS is a "slight" laughing upgrade from then. He shouldn't have much problems holding the PC energy now.

wink that pic, is a bad example, it looks like he cant even ko cap.......

sexyking
Originally posted by rotiart
Ironman, realizing how powerful superman is, uses a last ditch effort, all the power of his suit, and all of his other suits, to shove superman into the sun. Thinking Superman is defeated, IM goes back to earth to find... sundipped superman waiting for him.

laughing Thats some funny sh..

Superman wins without breaking a sweat although this was overkill.

sexyking
Superman is a very badly written character IMO. Very inconsistent, no logic nor science to explain him. He's basically a fan-driven hero who's cool if you're in grade school and grow out off eventually...

He probably has been written to have most powers a kid would imagine a super hero having.

Well... I remember there were comics that tried to explain Superman's powers as being psionic in nature and that he subconsciously used telekinesis to move things (but then they dropped that whole thing and left it up to the imagination).

Otherwise how could he lift a building by one corner, tilted at an angle? You set a building (especially one that's cut in half) at a 5 degree angle and it's just gonna collapse into rubble. Heck, a house can't support itself either. You just can't lift one... because there's nothing strong enough to hold it together.

Superman physics never makes sense. You just have to sit back and live with it.

He should have bugs in his teeth every time he flies...

He only has superspeed when it drives the plot. it goes away whenever somebody is holding a hostage at gunpoint...

How does Superman fly? Does he use lift? What's his propulsion? I mean, seriously, what makes him go forward and stop and elevate, etc.? Newton's laws govern even superhero movement. How does Superman fly in space?

How can Superman metabolize earth food? If he's metabolizing earth elements, then his body has to be made of earth elements. Not Kryptonian elements. He's 10x the size he used to be when he was a baby, so most of his bones are made of EARTH elements. What are they? Calcium? Carbon graphite? To look like a human and be able to impregnate a human (as he does in some comics and movies), he must have sperm made from Earth organic compounds. Dude weighs a reasonable amount (under a ton, for example) and when he was a baby, his parents lifted him, so you can't pretend he's made of superdense material... Even if he were somehow "flying"/levitating to avoid crushing through the floor with his feet... how does that explain that the BABY version of him didn't weigh a ton, given that he never learned to fly until he was a teenager?

Superman makes no sense at all.

Plus when superman flies faster than the space shuttle (re-entry speed 16,250 MPH) his face and body should be white hot, from the friction (and blackbody radiation temperature is uniform across materials, so no matter what material he is made of, when he is 1700 degrees he's gonna be red hot...

...and he should be more like 3000 degrees or more, because unlike the shuttle, he does not have "ABLATIVE SHIELDING" (i.e. his skin doesn't evaporate away to cool him off... he's solid and stays solid, so he'll heat up to unbelievable temperatures).

Superbreath? To produce winds of 50 mph that are THAT COVER THAT WIDE AN AREA , the velocity of air coming out of that tiny orifice of a mouth has got to be in excess of the velocities from a plasma torch... i.e. again, he should be breathing FIRE at his lips.

laughing One of the dumbest posts i have ever read shut the fu.. up how can all that only apply to superman when you have other hero's flying, having the abilities of a spider and so on. What your doing is taking a crack at a character you don't like no comic book hero's power is reasonable if you don't like it don't read comics.

batdude123
roll eyes (sarcastic)

THOR who is>Superman
The HULK who is>Superman
RKT who is>Superman

And BTW 02/12/05>03/10/06 NOOB!!!

Oh lord. roll eyes (sarcastic) You actually think the HULK is above Superman??? laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) Pffffffffft. Superman would kill the Hulk. Hulk can't deal with his speed, but I guess you don't understand that. erm The Collective was a combined effort between Iron Man and Sentry. Superman would beat Thor (and already has). Rune King Thor??? huh Why the hell even bring him up when he's above Sky Father level??? Nice try (again). roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigbran
Oh lord. roll eyes (sarcastic) You actually think the HULK is above Superman??? laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) Pffffffffft. Superman would kill the Hulk. Hulk can't deal with his speed, but I guess you don't understand that. erm The Collective was a combined effort between Iron Man and Sentry. Superman would beat Thor (and already has). Rune King Thor??? huh Why the hell even bring him up when he's above Sky Father level??? Nice try (again). roll eyes (sarcastic) it was king thor, when iron man, had the thorbuster suit, and im pretty sure he still got his ass beat.

sexyking
Something i have been wondering is when people use people like RKT to back a character up are we also allowed to use other versions of supes, E.g Prime, Precrisis, Blue, red,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.