Thor vs Despero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Can the ThunderGod win?

How many times outta ten can Thor win??

I'll start it off by saying 6.5/10.

batdude123
Nope. Despero for the win.

Mider
despero is to strong

UniOmni
Thor can absorb the mindblasts and is naturally resistant to mind control. And with the hammer at his side, i can't see how he loses.

Validus
Despero has put the smackdown on plenty of people who are "resistant" to mind control.

UniOmni
True. But did they have Mjnollir at their side??

What odds do you give Thor in this match?

batdude123
Thor 1/10 at best. Despero dished it out against Superman, Power Girl, Captain Marvel, Hawkman, Hourman, Wonder Woman, etc...

UniOmni
None of the people you named even match up to Mjnollir, if all combined.

leonidas
thor has been screwed by mind control too many times for me to think he'd beat despero. moondragon (sans mind gem), enchantress, the chick that made him go nuts in the blood & thunder arc, loki . . .

on top of that, despero is more than likely a fair bit stronger than thor. thor COULD win if he could stay away from him and use his hammer to the fullest, but that's not thor's style. he'd lose a solid majority imo.

UniOmni
Despero has to make him submit, via the mindblast right??

Thor has absorbed that kind of energy before.
IF he did so now, he neuters Despero, and leaves him only strength, unless Dessie has some more powers i'm not aware of?

And a few antiforce blasts will leave Despero reeling.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
True. But did they have Mjnollir at their side??

What odds do you give Thor in this match?
4/10

Thor doesn't use Mjolnir near enough intelligently for me to give him the advantage in this fight.

batdude123

IF he did so now, he neuters Despero, and leaves him only strength, unless Dessie has some more powers i'm not aware of?

Powers and abilities:
Despero is a powerful villain. The Flame of Py'tar gave Despero physical strength and durability that surpasses beings like Superman and Captain Marvel. Also very intelligent, he is skilled as both a warrior and tyrant. His hypnotic third eye is directly connected to his brain, giving him telepathic powers that surpass (as seen in JLA #119) those of the Martian Manhunter. It is also capable of projecting realistic illusions and entrancing virtually any sentient being. It can also project beams of telekinetic energy enabling the teleportation of matter anywhere in the universe.

In his current form, Despero can possess any living being, granting the victim the strength and telepathic abilities of his own body.

In his first appearance, Despero used a teleportation machine which resembled a chess set. It used pieces shaped like the Leaguers to move them to different locations. The machine was subsequently shown to be in the possession of the Weapon Master.

leonidas

he can't absorb hypnosis, uni. it really would only take eye-contact for thor to be potentially screwed. and it would be hard to absorb blasts when despero was pummeling him physically. thor COULD win, but like i said i don't think he uses his hammer well enough to get a majority. he might win via bfr if he got the chance.

despero is a beast in terms of strength, skill and invulnerability on top of his ridiculous tp.

batdude123
Not to mention Despero could also BFR Thor as well. yes

leonidas
i've never actually seen him USE that teleportation ability . . .

batdude123
Originally posted by leonidas
i've never actually seen him USE that teleportation ability . . .

Doesn't mean he can't. big grin stick out tongue Happy Dance

DickBlazer
twhor loses, no match at all

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by batdude123
Not to mention Despero could also BFR Thor as well. yes

Actually Thor could BFR him as well.

But he still loses the majority against Despero.

General Kon-El
Despero 9/10

olympian
Depends the Desespero.

The one AQ was doing good? He has good chances to win.

The one of V&V that was manhandling SM, CM, WW and PG? Unless Thor uses the hammer hes not going to take him.

leonidas
aquaman had some decent shots, but THAT despero ended up taking down AM and j'onn simultaneously. i'd say arthur didn't do all that well in that meeting . . . erm

then of course he pretty well beat the rest of the league as well . . .

kgkg
Despero wins......... like leo said

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by batdude123
Doesn't mean he can't. big grin stick out tongue Happy Dance

Yeah, but mjolnir can teleport him back

and this depends on version of both.

Blood and Thunder moondragon-resisting thor can handle this.
Normal loses.

joesha28
We take the best of both usually. I would say Despero win majority but Thor could handle better than most heroes. Thor hanged on onto the vastly stronger Kurse, he's has handled Desperos' other power also in different ways.

olympian
Originally posted by leonidas
aquaman had some decent shots, but THAT despero ended up taking down AM and j'onn simultaneously. i'd say arthur didn't do all that well in that meeting . . . erm

then of course he pretty well beat the rest of the league as well . . .

Oh he did lost yes. But he did well when he trade shots with Desespero. Considering the level Desespero is usually at thats a big feat. Even if he wasent in the same level as V&V cleary. And gives someone who is stronger than AQ a good chance.

Against the V&V Desespero, Thor can try to trade shots all he wants, hes going to get badly beaten.

leonidas
hard to tell whether that was a 'lower strength showing' for despero or a very high one for AM.

later, despero was clearly getting the better of superman in h2h .. .

Estacado
mmm
Thor has the godblast.

Newjak
Originally posted by Estacado
mmm
Thor has the godblast. godblast > heat vision

quanchi112
Thor wins 4 of ten.

llagrok
Theoretically, couldn't Thor merge Despero with the arena or something?

Gecko4lif
Despero 8-9/10

I gave thor 1-2 simply because he is in my top 5 fav characters

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok
Theoretically, couldn't Thor merge Despero with the arena or something?

Theoretically why don't you merge your top lip with your bottom one?

Mr. Slippyfist
Godblast. shifty

Erik-Lensherr
Despero.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor wins 4 of ten.
Wow you utterly fail.
In another thread you say that Thor would beat Despero but here you give him a 4/10.
thumb down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.