Favorite Kind of Kine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MelmothTD
As some of you are undoubtedly aware, the vampire legend has evolved considerably since the introduction of, arguably, the most famous and recognizable component of that legend: Dracula. No longer bound to merely being cursed by a vengeful god, the vampiric affliction has similiarly grown and expanded to include alternative explanations for the condition (i.e. parasitic invasion, viral infection, etc.). My question to you, dedicated readers, is one of preference. What version of vampirism pleases you the most? Are some of you sticklers for realism which by extention pushes you to favor the viral contagion? Do more of you favor the supernatural explanations of Holy Wrath and demonic infestation? Please, let your voices be heard...well, read, but I don't like tampering with well known phrases big grin .

To make this process a tad bit easier, I'm going to provide a small list of options for you dedicated readers. Choose from these, or off your own in response to the question posted above. I'm eager to view your opinions!

***Note: all of my posts will not revolve around vampires for those of you that were/are worried big grin. It's just that I'm in that particular mood today because of the films that I exposed myself to earlier. My next thread, if all goes as planned, should feature the Man of Steel himself.***

Classical Vampire : They are truly the stuff of legend. These are the vampires that exhibit the most extraordinary powers and, somewhat ironically, the most intricate weaknesses and limitations. Classical vampires are often able to transform themselves into members of the animal kingdom, most frequently a bat or a wolf. They exhibit great control over several natural forces inclduing weather patterns. Like Dracula, they are often gifted with the ability to fly unaided, hypnotize their victims, reduce their physical forms into anamolous mist, and call upon an amazing strength and resistance to harm...at least by conventional weaponry.

Despite these "perks," however, the Classical vampire suffers from a ridiculous amount of limitations. Some mythologies and folklores hold that the C-vampire cannot cross running water, for instance, or exhibits a compulsive tendency to count and undo knots. They cannot enter the residence of their victim uninvited, cast no reflection, and cannot be photgraphed or filmed. As a concluding statement, I suppose I should mention that these vampires also have strange origins about them (i.e. both Dracula and Cain were cursed by God)

Supernatural/Spiritual Vampire : These vampires resemble their Classical counterparts in most of their gifts and abilities. Lestat, whom I'll use as a sort of archetype for this class of vampire, can fly as Dracula can, has the ability to exert some mental control over his victims, has incredible strength, a resistance to injury, almost instant healing capability, celerity (or super speed), enhanced perception powers, and the ability to control only a single force of nature: fire.

Unlike Dracula, Lestat is unable to change into an animal or any other creature for that matter. Their vampiric bodies--though animated by supernatural forces--tend to maintain their natural shapes.

Also unlike Dracula is their origin story. Lestat, again as an archetype, descends from the line of Akasha who, in turn, gains her vampirism through a rare physical/spiritual union between herself and a demon known as Amel.

Biological/Viral Vampire They generally exhibit the same abilities as the C-vampire and the S/S-vampire, but are more grounded in realism. FOr instance, though both Blade and Selene are inhumanly strong, fast, and etc., they still pale in comparison to the other two types listed above. These vampires are, more or less, the answer to a more believable vampire just as John Byrne's reboot of Superman is his answer to a more believable, vulnerable Superman.

I know that this is a versus forum, guys, but bear with me. Think of it as vampire type versus vampire type versus vampire type wink .

rotiart
Hot sexy kine.

IronDave
Ever since I read Dracula I've been partial to the classic vampire, but I did highly enjoy the blade movies...tough call.

I'm gonna have to go with classic just b/c (to me at least) that will always be the definitive vampire.

lilnutta12
Originally posted by rotiart
Hot sexy kine.
great choice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.