The Illusionist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morning_Glory
looks really good...

heres the trailer --> Trailer Link

A supernatural mystery that combines romance, politics and magic, The Illusionist is the latest film from the producers of the Oscar winners Crash and Sideways. The film stars Academy Award nominees Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti as two men pitted against each other in a battle of wits.

Neil Burger (dir.)
Edward Norton
Paul Giamatti
Jessica Biel
Rufus Sewell

Dusty
I don't like this and the prestige out around the same time...

SnakeEyes
Yeah... The Prestige looks better IMO.

This movie looks alright. Not super great... but average. I'll reserve judgement until I see the film.

Morning_Glory
always love ed norton - thats why Im gonna give it a try

fionalin7
Director Neil Burger delights in getting period details right! The illusions are smart, as is the script. The photography is gorgeous, as is Jessica Biel. And the line between truth and illusion is blurred so persuasively that for a moment or two, you may even believe that a romantic costume drama could stand up to all those special-effects blockbusters in the dog days of summer.

Solo
I have absolutely no desire of seeing this. I hear it's terrible.

fionalin7
theillusionist.com - maybe this will change your mind. wink

Solo
I've seen the trailer.

SnakeEyes
I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD, but I have no desire to see it in the theater.

Morning_Glory
not many movies worth seeing in the theaters anymore sad

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah The Prestige looks much better, and has a better cast in my opinion. It has three of my favourite actors in it so you can't go wrong there! Although, The Illusionist also has a good cast but they're just not my favourite actors. I like Rufus Sewell though. I think I will see this film though 'cause it does look alright. But I just looked it up on IMDb and it only has 6.6. There are quite a lot of films on there that have lowish ratings that I love though. I'll just have to see.

MildPossession
From the look of the film I'm not too keen on it, The Prestige however is one I want to see a lot more.

Dr. Zaius
The Prestige looks better.

SnakeEyes
I have a feeling that this movie will bomb.

Kram3r
The Prestige does indeed look better.

Flamboyant4Life
What's the Prestige about?

fantasygirl
I haven't seen the trailer for The Illusionist, but I have seen the one for The Prestige. They both sound good, but I really don't know.

Silverstein
yeah, i just saw the Prestige trailer today, amazing. cool

fionalin7
ed norton was fantastic! i glad he is back on the widescreen now!

fantasygirl
Originally posted by fionalin7
ed norton was fantastic! i glad he is back on the widescreen now! It's out already?

SpaceMonkey
The Illusionist was great!!! One of the better films I've seen in quite a while. Great acting, great story, great effects.

fantasygirl
I'm going to wait for other people's comment before I decide to see it or not...

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
The Illusionist was great!!! One of the better films I've seen in quite a while. Great acting, great story, great effects. its out in theaters?

fionalin7
Originally posted by fantasygirl
It's out already?

yup, it was out august 18 and its gonna be nationwide sept 1....

SpaceMonkey
I saw it in Sherman Oaks, CA. Only 4 theaters in my surrounding areas have it at the moment.

fantasygirl
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
its out in theaters? I know, I thought it was out like in Sept or something. messedOriginally posted by fionalin7
yup, it was out august 18 and its gonna be nationwide sept 1.... I see.. yes

crickey77
I agree -- I think the Prestige looks like a better film ...better cast and director in my opinion. I can't wait for this to come out.

Oh and it has David Bowie...enough said smile

fantasygirl
Originally posted by crickey77
I agree -- I think the Prestige looks like a better film ...better cast and director in my opinion. I can't wait for this to come out.

Oh and it has David Bowie...enough said smile Yeah, I'm starting to think I should see the Prestige instead. erm I liked the trailer. happy

fionalin7
NOW PLAYING in these selected theaters!!!
(& more out West)

August 25, 2006

* Regal Nickelodeon 5 (North Falmouth,MA)
* AMC Loews Liberty Tree Mall 20 (Danvers,MA)
* Showcase Cinemas Randolph (Randolph,MA)
* UA East Hampton 6 (East Hampton,NY)
* Island 16: Cinema de Lux (Holtsville,NY)
* UA Farmingdale Stadium 10 (Farmingdale,NY)
* Garden Cinemas Norwalk (Norwalk,CT)
* UA Westbury Stadium 12 (Westbury,NY)
* AMC Loews Raceway 10 (Westbury,NY)
* Crown Majestic 6 (Stamford,CT)
* Clearview Soundview 6 (Port Washington,NY)
* UA Midway Stadium 9 (Forest Hills,NY)
* City Center 15: Cinema de Lux (White Plains,NY)
* All Westchester Saw Mill Multiplex Cinem (Hawthorne,NY)
* AMC Loews Monmouth Mall 15 (Eatontown,NJ)
* Bam Rose Cinemas (Brooklyn,NY)
* Edgewater Multiplex Cinemas (Edgewater,NJ)

Morning_Glory
it's on torrent alreadyninja

fionalin7
yes it showed in some theaters last aug 18 and its gonna be nationwide this sept 1.

Morning_Glory
yep ... i believe you've said that already

fantasygirl
roll eyes (sarcastic)

~Flamboyant~
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
What's the Prestige about?

crickey77
Flamboyant, here is part of the summary from IMDB:

a mysterious story of two magicians whose intense rivalry leads them on a life-long battle for supremacy full of obsession, deceit and jealousy with dangerous and deadly consequences.

Check out Trailer

fionalin7
The movie is doing extremely well at the box office, and when weighted for the size of its release (called a per-screen average) has been #1 for two weeks in a row... Snakes on a Plane came and went quickly, but The Illusionist continues to grow and perform.

fantasygirl
Hmm.. I'm impressed. I thought the movie wouldn't be that popular. erm

Hans Moleman
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
always love ed norton - thats why Im gonna give it a try Word.

fionalin7
there going on 971 screens for this Labor Day Weekend. This is huge for an independent film that started on 38. well i guess people were curious about the movie...

fruits
this movie was definantly really really good!!

everyone should see it. has a great ending

fantasygirl
A friend went and she told me to wait to rent it. erm

emmasmall
I thought Paul Giamatti and Rufus Sewell were good, but the plot wasn't as interesting as it could have been and Ed Norton didn't really pull off the character. Don't get me wrong, I think Ed's a great actor, but I don't think he's the kind of guy who hits every single role out of the park.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by emmasmall
I thought Paul Giamatti and Rufus Sewell were good, but the plot wasn't as interesting as it could have been and Ed Norton didn't really pull off the character. Don't get me wrong, I think Ed's a great actor, but I don't think he's the kind of guy who hits every single role out of the park. yea Ed Norton wasn't as great as he usually was...

every time they did close ups of him (because of the gotee) it would remind me of him in American History X

the ending was a little predictable but still good

Mr Parker
yeah I want to see this movie.

Mr Parker
I just saw this movie.Pretty good movie.I liked it.

T.M
I like the look of this. yes

Ultraman Baltan
I heard that it's supposed to be one of the most impressive films of the year. I missed it at my local theater, so I will sadly have to wait. I know the people who own the theater, so I'll see if I can have them put it on next week.

manorastroman
screw that usual suspects montage ending. and double screw the director's boring, this-is-my-pet-project-so-i'll-put-loving-detail-into-every-worthless-thing style. it wasn't god-awful though. there WERE a couple of annoying continuity goofs, like the locket switching from cord to chain to cord.

mdp990
The cast is great. I'd see it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.